collapse

Author Topic: Marvel: War Of Attrition  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Search

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 22, 2018, 06:00:22 PM
    • Email
Re: Marvel: War Of Attrition
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2011, 02:23:29 AM »
I'm all for small additions, if i were you i would look to marvel ultimate alliance 2 for inspiration, Nanite Nick Fury as a final boss character maybe? I have been waiting for him to be mugenized for quite some time. Beyonder could make an interesting final boss, have a twist at the end that the civil war was actually a test to see how the heroes would react and didn't actually take place on earth the entire time or something?

Also having it set as an alternate version of the Civil War would be a good idea similar to mua2 so that we can have people who were not actually present such as hulk.

finally would it be possible for Electro to pm me the mua2 sound files if he gets a hold of them, i've been trying to track them down for quite some time myself...  :-??

Offline Monday-Night-War

• MWoA Leader
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 13, 2011, 07:47:24 PM
  • The Next Generation of Mugen Has Arrived!!!
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2011, 11:47:01 AM »
Beyonder could make an interesting final boss
:-$  :-$  :-$

alternate version of the Civil War would be a good idea similar to mua2 so that we can have people who were not actually present such as hulk.

Well I was thinking that we use pieces of the Initiative as well, so Hulk might make an appearance  ;)

Nanite Nick Fury as a final boss character maybe?

Good Idea there, I'll def. look into it  :thumbsup:

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2011, 11:57:27 AM »
Good Idea there, I'll def. look into it  :thumbsup:
I think the Nanite takeover thing was exclusive to the game so if you're wanting to be accurate to the Civil War books, best not to include it

Offline Monday-Night-War

• MWoA Leader
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2011, 12:45:35 PM »
It Was but I have to try and add a small piece to the storyline in order to create a unique and Amazing Final Boss!!!

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2011, 05:22:55 PM »
What new chars are u planning to create?

Offline Monday-Night-War

• MWoA Leader
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2011, 06:36:23 PM »
All will be revealed soon....lol, but I DO plan to include:

Kate Bishop
Songbird
AND
Night Thrasher

And Everyone stay tuned for something special tonight!!!

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
thanks for the news!!!

Offline Monday-Night-War

• MWoA Leader
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2011, 12:57:03 PM »
No Prob!!!

....Hope You Guys Are Ready....

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2011, 02:30:44 PM »
man you are at wrong path, so you want ironman... forget project, screenpack and stages; and try look for one ironman already made, or do one ironman, then, try add all this dreamy ideias to iroman.. like "Accurate Alternative Costumes".. you will see, smart pallets are not so simple like you thought.... after that, will be really more easy to get help to your project, after show something solid, after show you are up to do some hard work... not just sit and planning...

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:36:12 PM by zvitor »

Offline Monday-Night-War

• MWoA Leader
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2011, 02:40:41 PM »
Though I won't "forget" the project...I will take you up on that and begin to start adding my ideas to Iron Man myself...I def. know where you're coming from though...

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2011, 05:05:22 AM »
WOW bro, this is a ...amazingly gonna be huge...wait.. extremely huge project. lol. I hope you do add in new never made mugen characters cause i really myself dont wanna keep seeing the same ole faces ....again. if you do add in those characters, change them up...in a very cool way. Like make some original moves not yet done. thats an attention grabber and add to that spare no limits to the imagination of the hypers and specials just do take your time. Something cool i think to do as well cause i dont see a set in place storyline in full, what you could do and what i would do first as i did,
Kinda in an order. lol

Formulate the story/plot first. Then with that you can have something more grounded to build from.

Now as in your initial first post, you have all those other things covered in Planned and wanted features and  gameplay. so on that your good. :thumbsup: just make sure to leave yourself creative elbow room for changes. wether subtracting, adding or switching in and out something and make sure its viable and of course doable. research it man , research indeed. lol.

gather all the tools you gonna need.  

i would say you could do both forming your team ( after you do a good sales pitch, lol. we all have to do that to get folks that are availlable  and or to get interested in working on the project. lol   ) and work on the roster ideas. either one could be first on that cause you might either have a roster set in mind or and you might want team decisions on what characters should you do ..or poll for fans choices.

after that, screenpack design and  start working on ya goals for the project. spriting, coding, music, all that.

really tho , make sure again..leave plenty creative elbow room for your project. cause the scope might be far to wide to get accomplished and you dont wanna quit again. stay focused on the goal. complete your project no matter what any ill  people think, flame, nay say, yackity smackity hateraders , whatever. but do make some cool friends through networking and look for good advisors who will not only keep it real with you but wont be egotiscal in feedbacks.  other wise known as...
(click to show/hide)
Good 'natured' constructive feedback goes a whole more distance longer bro. No one here is anyones daddy or mom so no verbal abuse is needed but dont think people gonna walk ya by the hand. you got to show the work and wanna do the work. Keep that energy bro. do listen to the peeps thats been around that will be giving ya insight. Just dont derail! I am looking forward to seeing something Marvel in newness. Fresh faces, good cool gameplay and man make it fun bro. keep up the good ideals and try to make it all work . thats all from me.

Hail Crom and the Lando....says so. lol. :thumbsup: ::salute:: :D

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:11:23 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando33 »

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2011, 07:00:19 AM »
Wondering when you were going to let another essay out of your system. lol

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2011, 07:02:32 AM »
lol yeah, i am essayed out now.  well, said what all i had to say. its all good rollin hopefully from here. Good luck bro on your project . :thumbsup:

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 11, 2024, 11:23:07 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2011, 07:58:33 AM »
man you are at wrong path, so you want ironman... forget project, screenpack and stages; and try look for one ironman already made, or do one ironman, then, try add all this dreamy ideias to iroman.. like "Accurate Alternative Costumes".. you will see, smart pallets are not so simple like you thought.... after that, will be really more easy to get help to your project, after show something solid, after show you are up to do some hard work... not just sit and planning...

You can't do anything right without a good plan, zvitor. Planning is also not lazy.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Monday-Night-War

• MWoA Leader
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »
Wow, and here I was thinking I was the only one who could go on a rant lol , But yes, I really thank you for that, yours words are very appreciated and I plan to listen to them and act accordingly! Screenpack is VERY UNIQUE and closing in on it's completion and I do have a list of character that I really want to see in this game:

My Proposed Character List

Official Characters
-------------------
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Kate Bishop
Misty Night
Zemo
Grey Gargoyle
Songbird
Namor
Spiderman
Luke Cage
Captain America
Iron Man
Wolverine
Daredevil
Moon Knight
Nick Fury
She-Hulk
The Wasp
Cyclops
Yellow Jacket
Venom(Mac Gargun)
The Thing
Nova
Night Thrasher
Daredevil
Patriot
Blackout
Goliath

Secret Characters
-----------------
???? ?????????
????(???? ?????)
????
????

Etc, Etc(Hopefully)

These Characters Most Accurately Represent This Era and Storyline
This List Can Be Altered But I Want Us To Agree On A Basis...So Let Me Know What You Think!

As you can see, story will be based on the Civil War Era, with a slight twist that everybody should love!!!
Biggest problem now is acquiring MORE spriters because we aren't just gonna use open source characters and change controls, we want to: change stances, create new hypers,etc...because we want something ORIGINAL....so hopefully this list and the screenpack will be able to get us the spriters we need to move steadily and be able to bring you this GREAT game....I've worked hard on the plan so I'm sorry if people don't think it's enough to show it, but I think the reason that I failed before was because I lacked a COMPLETE Plan and I hoped this one would not only create some hype, but get people interested in the actual gameplay as well....This game gives me the chance to do something never done before in mugen and that's recreate the Marvel feel...From flipping pages to scrolling panels, it's all here and being planned and worked on. Though I do NEED more help, we are making do with what we have and not RUSHING...We don't want to just throw something out, just to PROVE to you we're in the midst of working hard, that's why this topic is in Mugen Discussion...we wanted to discuss it, plan it, and then slowly begin to act on it. I refuse to rush on another project, I believe that if we take our time, develop the right plan, fight the right people to help out, then eventually we'll have an AMAZING project on our hands. So yeah, thanx for your kind words and I appreciate the support from so many of you, though I can understand the concern from the older members. I just want to create something new and exciting, and hopefully we'll be able to show you all that in the future.(When this actually can get moved to the WIP section,lol). Thanx Again  :thumbsup:

PS-This is from V-Nix!!!!

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2011, 12:23:22 PM »
PM'd you the hitsparks I've done.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2011, 12:43:16 PM »
You can't do anything right without a good plan, zvitor. Planning is also not lazy.

The problem is that we don't have anything concrete yet. If this project is going to survive you need to make progress.

For example the largest 2 projects that are here on IMT (but not from the IMT team) are the Anime Project and the Capcom All-Stars Project. They are looking like they are going to actually be done because they've come very far (especially in Capcom AS's case) in their projects with characters, stages, screenpacks actually physically produced.

zvitor is just trying to make sure you get the project moving.

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2011, 12:56:54 PM »
...I've worked hard on the plan

if you tink that was hard....
plan is the easy and fun part, everyone can do that, i can do that at bathroom, so if you tink that was hard, you cant imagine what will came after.... i just tink you should try small steps before that.... look that roster, have more original chars then somes projects in progress at 5 years, 10 of this chars are not even wips yet... so you are planning that project to 2015? civil war will be a nice story 5 years later? you can tink im trollig, but im not, im tryng help here, look at project x, a lot of work on portraits, story, ideias, plans and sp was lost in time, beause after some years project directions change.
if im posting here is because i care about a marvel mugen project, i want to join to one marvel mugen project... but im not a dreamy guy.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2011, 01:11:50 PM »
You plan to use already made characters or make them yourself?

Example: You using Warner's Thing or are you gonna make your own dang Thing?

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2011, 01:22:26 PM »
if you tink that was hard....
plan is the easy and fun part, everyone can do that, i can do that at bathroom, so if you tink that was hard, you cant imagine what will came after.... i just tink you should try small steps before that.... look that roster, have more original chars then somes projects in progress at 5 years, 10 of this chars are not even wips yet... so you are planning that project to 2015? civil war will be a nice story 5 years later? you can tink im trollig, but im not, im tryng help here, look at project x, a lot of work on portraits, story, ideias, plans and sp was lost in time, beause after some years project directions change.
if im posting here is because i care about a marvel mugen project, i want to join to one marvel mugen project... but im not a dreamy guy.

I second that.

I have many projects (some I do alone) and I know how much weight it is. Or ask to Acey, laspacho and they will share their opinions...

ZVitor is not trying to stop you, he is just saying "take it easy, make a plan first, start one char, ang go slow".

Believe me: when you rush the things, you will lost the interest on it.
I have a wip since 2002...

Offline Monday-Night-War

• MWoA Leader
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2011, 01:25:26 PM »
The problem is that we don't have anything concrete yet. If this project is going to survive you need to make progress.

For example the largest 2 projects that are here on IMT (but not from the IMT team) are the Anime Project and the Capcom All-Stars Project. They are looking like they are going to actually be done because they've come very far (especially in Capcom AS's case) in their projects with characters, stages, screenpacks actually physically produced.

zvitor is just trying to make sure you get the project moving.

That's the thing...YOU all want it to get "MOVING", but I'm not trying to rush out products to show progress....THAT'S WHY It's In Mugen Discussion....I didn't mean that planning was hard, I just spent a lot of time changing and really finding out how I wanted to approach the system. I understand and REALLY APPRECIATE The feedback AND criticism, but everybody has to realize that even MvC3:EoH started off with a plan, an idea....It's not gonna move THAT fast at the moment, I'm really in no rush, and if you're complaining about 5 years...didn't it take MvC3:Eoh a looooooong time til it was released??? and there's STILL more to be done and fixed...right??? Now I know they have credentials that I do not, I just don't want everybody to think that there's gonna be this immense amount of progress or proof in the beginning just because there's a topic, I thought avoiding the WIP section would speak for itself, until there's some legit progress...I'm REALLY happy that it seems like a lot of people are rooting for this project though, that's amazing....we all want the SAME thing. Finally A Marvel Universe Only Fighting Game, That Takes Advantage of All The Different Characters, Stages, and Special Moves The Brand Has To Offer...I'm not trying to just be dreamy, I plan to work HARD, we're just not there yet, we're building, planning, finishing up screenpack, creating storylines,one original character is being sprited RIGHT now,and soon me and bse24 plan to collaborate on Spiderman to make him unique for our game(stance, specials,add our system)...I know this isn't a MASSIVE amount of work to you, but the fact is that WE ARE working....just takes time with the small cast we have(4 people) all trying to work on different things with our different talents......I'm not trying to seem like a know-it-all, cuz I don't, I just don't want people to PUSH for progress and proof and when there's nothing to satisfy them in a WEEK they begin to say: scrap the project, make a character... lol , I understand the logic though....this game will take A LOT of work, but I don't plan to give up, I'm...err...We're gonna persevere and hopefully grow...I didn't think it would be easy, because if it was, then everybody would be doing it....and that's the truth..... :)

You plan to use already made characters or make them yourself?

Example: You using Warner's Thing or are you gonna make your own dang Thing?

Some open source characters will be used, but I do plan to modify a lot of characters and have unique specials,hypers,and finishers(special feature). I'm honestly NOT a fan of the look of Warner's thing and I would hope that we could find one willing to sprite hm, but if not, of course we'd make do. It's just that the thing from Civil War Era was def. a more Dark and Serious character through most of the series until the end....As you can see, A LOT of characters need to be created from scratch, this WILL take time..... lol ...can't say it enough.....

I second that.

I have many projects (some I do alone) and I know how much weight it is. Or ask to Acey, laspacho and they will share their opinions...

ZVitor is not trying to stop you, he is just saying "take it easy, make a plan first, start one char, ang go slow".

Believe me: when you rush the things, you will lost the interest on it.
I have a wip since 2002...

Agreed.That's why I think Spiderman will be the first on our list to mold to the system and add new moves to  :)

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2011, 01:54:20 PM »
Sorry not trying to discourage you, its just that a lot of projects like this start up and then fall flat after about 12 sprites.

Even making one char gets annoying (trust me) and takes quite a bit. It'd be disappointing to  see another project die off, but I'm not saying it will.

It is good to see you're willing to take criticism. A lot of creators get one feedback report and quit.

Offline Monday-Night-War

• MWoA Leader
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2011, 01:56:29 PM »
lol, this I KNOW!!!!!,lol

But maybe about 3-4 years ago, I made a few characters, and I REALLY learned then how much of a struggle they can be!!!,lol

And there's no need to be sorry, I LOVE the honesty...I don't need people just boosting my head up....I need some REALIST!!!!!

:thumbsup:

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2011, 02:14:44 PM »
yeah spriting cab be a pain in da a..! lol. but for me its fun. and since your project lead , you should know and i will say do know the entire layout for your project. Keep that energy man, cause when you hit some blockades, and there will be some down the line, you dont wanna lose interest. and yeah, i never let feedback get to me. i take whats said as whats said.  but if ya flame me , I will come get you..point blank. lol

i like so far that roster, there are indeed quite a good few characters never done. i hope they are taken to completion and have good gameplay style. Will it be mvc style sprites, combo ability, and the such?   yeah like Sanj says, i do have a large project. still to this day, i am recruiting for slots i need filled. but in any case, i have to fill in for some those spots if i can. Its the rrole of the project lead man. I have done tracks, resourcing, recruiting, spriting and in a few i will be coding. there is still work behind the scenes not shown but will be when coding is complete. Like you said man, Taking your time. keep doing that and stay focused. :thumbsup:.......Dang it, another essay! ok its shorter tho. lol

ps. YES! my bro V-nix i see hooked you up nicely. i like that logo Monday. :thumbsup: Thats one talented guy man. he even did mines. great work as always v-nix ::salute::
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:24:51 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando33 »

Offline Monday-Night-War

• MWoA Leader
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2011, 02:21:34 PM »
lol, yep based of of the MvC style with a similar combo system as well. And yeah, there's ALWAYS work to be done,lol!!! And thanx, I'll make sure I stay focused  :thumbsup:

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar