collapse

Author Topic: ProjectX Bug Thread  (Read 11052 times)

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 28, 2017, 05:55:15 PM
Re: ProjectX Bug Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2010, 10:34:28 PM »
Strange... I easily beat Juggs with Mystique or Birdy. Maybe it's more easy with gunners, I don't know...
Yeah, I beat Juggernaut easy with Quicksilver. I had a hell of a time beating Birdie though. Guess every character has their weaknesses.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2010, 10:52:42 PM »
I was able to beat Juggernaut with Nightcrawler.  Haven't had to fight him with anyone else yet though.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2010, 11:00:33 PM »
Nevermind, I re-downloaded and it's working now.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2010, 11:12:54 PM »
Guess I'm not the only one havin problems with AI.  ;*)) Sabertooth spams the hell out of bezerker claw and his throw. I can't even get up with out getting thrown.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2010, 12:20:54 AM »
Colossus really likes the Grab and Spin move

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2010, 12:21:30 AM »
i want to start some extensive playtesting i was wondering though if either acey or zvitor have any frame data for the moves that i could use as a point of reference to break things down.

Post Merge: December 13, 2010, 12:38:11 AM
cables time grenades do nothing after explosion they cause no damage and do no freezing to the opponent as if thers no hit box
he chains magic series by pressing the same button twice. example pressing jab twice gets you jab x short pressing short twice gets you short strong and forward twice gets you forward fierce.

will post more after i get out the lab

Post Merge: December 13, 2010, 12:49:18 AM
ok disregard the magic series problem it appears that it was an issue with xpadder on my end

ok so wolverine can self chain 7 shorts and seven strong's. However i don't see the strong's being that big of an issue as hes always been able to do that.
 he has no special ender in the air and drill claw is only performable in the corner.
again just my opinion but if your not gonna give him drill claw midscreen at least give him air tornado claw for comboability.
he has no claw slide.
he has no dive kicks.
Im not sure if these are design choices or mistakes but just some things i noticed.

also with storm and magneto no 8 way dash?
storms cr and standing roundhouse no longer launch?
lighting storm no longer combos into hyper?
lightning storm has atrocious start up ?
magnetos st round house and st mp no longer launch?

and exactly how many hits of super armor is strong guy supposed to take before hes launchable after he builds meter.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:06:37 AM by Yung Kratos »
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 12:53:25 AM »
Iceman:
1.After the foe is completely downed, he can followup with either C.LK or C.MK.
2.After Launcher; can self-chain LP twice; can do the same with LK.
3.Can hit the opponent while he's frozen during the HP throw; this may be intended, but regardless, use this when the foe's in a corner, and you do full combos off of it, including using that launcher...
4.If the HK throw winds up with the foe in the corner, you can juggle with the right techniques. (Jumping attacks work particularly well...)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 25, 2024, 03:11:16 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2010, 02:31:35 AM »

...various concerns...

Alot of what you mentioned on Wolverine are cosmetic choices, he was meant to be relatively different from his Capcom counterparts. In fact, almost returning character is different from their counterparts. About the launcher, yes everyone was toned down to just one launcher move. I preferred Storm's standing HK launcher vs her crouching HP launcher myself, but like Magneto's it was removed.

About strong Guy, once he meter reaches a certain level, he is no longer launchable. Pull him up as a dummy bag in training for the exacts cause I don't have it on hand.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 06:06:54 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2010, 06:42:22 AM »
Colossus really likes the Grab and Spin move

colossus was the hardest one for me i went throught the whole roster and he just kept smashing me around, had to use rogue, with his own powers, just to take his butt down, god i love a challenge,
p.s. bastion was a little too easy, if you get the sh*ts with him, just walk up and grab him, he is vunerable to grabs, almost too easy to grab, especially after he does a move

still kicking butt, thanx project x

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2010, 11:02:03 AM »
Magneto:
1.Can self-chain C.LP 8 times.
2.When the foe is downed completely, he can follow-up with either C.LK or C.MK.
3.Magneto can't airguard against Cyclops' launcher. (Might be more then just Cyclops' launcher; not sure.
4.After launcher: Perhaps Magento's launcher should have jump up a bit lower; as is, he can't properly connect his LP,LK, and MP, and it's hard to chain MK to MP or MK. Something needs to be worked on here.
5.With the right timing, if you're right up close to the opponent, after he does his 'Spikes' special, there's enough of a 'space' for Magneto to get in a normal with enough speed, and have it count as a combo, since the opponent can't guard against it. If you need more clarification, just ask.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2010, 11:13:56 AM »
Alot of what you mentioned on Wolverine are cosmetic choices, he was meant to be relatively different from his Capcom counterparts. In fact, almost returning character is different from their counterparts. About the launcher, yes everyone was toned down to just one launcher move. I preferred Storm's standing HK launcher vs her crouching HP launcher myself, but like Magneto's it was removed.

About strong Guy, once he meter reaches a certain level, he is no longer launchable. Pull him up as a dummy bag in training for the exacts cause I don't have it on hand.
Oh i understand that there are supposed to be differences between these and the mvc2 versions however. that means automatically if theres no 8 way air dash that cable wins everything for free. not only cuz he still has ahvb but so far hes the only character with 2 launchers and he has (albeit non 8 way) an air dash. while other chars like wolverine have no special move combo ender -_-. the st roundhouse launcher is also an issue of hit box she can only do a couple hits with the cr hp launcher but st roundhouse allows her to do full magic series.

and yeah the training dummy method is how i found out about the strong guy super armor. In a real match is there a tie in between armor and your regular hyper meter.?
(click to show/hide)

Offline jfa

• RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 11, 2014, 01:06:03 AM
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2010, 01:48:38 PM »
hello, people of the project x...

I was playing a bit of your game, do not use many characters, give you some small feedback of these..

Magneto: As my favorite, Magneto was the first to chose, I am very disappointed, not fly, do a few attacks, it has the classic MvC2 ability to escape, is weak and slow. not connect combos, I think maybe I am influenced by having played many years with another version .. after discarding the idea to try other characters ..

Nightcrawler:Impressive, incredible, have improved much better than the public version, has good speed combos, teloport kick, Great ..
only two things ... 1º when do "teleport hyper" he seems to miss a beat( I saw it reported, but also tell you
 :cool), 2º may generalize to areas where teleports, one tries to confuse the opponent and sometimes gets confused when changing a target areas being left or right side.

Storm: This very well, perhaps too well .. causes much damage and easily connect combos, and special are great, this a step above the other fighters I've seen (and about three steps above magneto, magneto should be the best, no Storm  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*) uuuummm.. strange flying, like magnet, if you think that gives them an advantage, could limit the maximum height

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2010, 02:32:58 PM »
I don't see what's wrong with making a Magento different from the Capcom version. I really enjoyed this game's Maggy.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »
I don't see what's wrong with making a Magento different from the Capcom version. I really enjoyed this game's Maggy.

^^(PM)^  agree immensely.  thats my whole point as well with mugen creating. I approve on making characters play different than the arcade/console game companies version. from my thoughts i was thinkin that is the whole perspective of mugen as a whole. cause then its not considered really creating, just emulation of tried and true.
I found many bugs and some i didnt even notice cause with certain characters i enjoyed the gameplay.  Plus every game is gonna have its bugs and faults. as well other peeps are gonna want to play a different style and see things personally they want indeed. i actually thought this mags was pretty cool.  Loved the juggernaut and quicksilver rocked for me. Flash vs quicksilver... test of the speedsters man. lol but i am sure the bugs will be worked out and updates will def improve what is now known to be fixed.
My namke is Lando33 and i approve of this reply. lol

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 28, 2017, 05:55:15 PM
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2010, 03:27:09 PM »
Magneto: As my favorite, Magneto was the first to chose, I am very disappointed, not fly, do a few attacks, it has the classic MvC2 ability to escape, is weak and slow. not connect combos, I think maybe I am influenced by having played many years with another version .. after discarding the idea to try other characters ..
Yeah, Zvitor makes characters comic book accurate, not Arcade accurate. Magneto is an old man in the comics. He's powerful but he shouldn't be a brawler like Wolverine. I love the changes he makes to his characters (especially Spider-Man).  :w00t:

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Offline jfa

• RMM Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2010, 04:15:08 PM »
Yeah, Zvitor makes characters comic book accurate, not Arcade accurate. Magneto is an old man in the comics. He's powerful but he shouldn't be a brawler like Wolverine. I love the changes he makes to his characters (especially Spider-Man).  :w00t:

if true,to get started, Capcom gave him muscles and taught karate, kung fu, taek won do, box, etc. ..
although it may be old, but their powers they did move very well.
he is a high-level mutant, I think it would lack power, is very vulnerable.
maybe he should have very poor physical defense, but their defense should be a good arsenal of powers...

once again clarified that the char does not seem bad, I hope someday to have the ability of these guys, just saying it is weak compared to other characters, forgetting that he is "Magneto".

I just try gambit, spectacular, saw difficulties to blow up and connect Aricombos certain enemies such as Cable and Rogue. I felt the same difficulties with nightcrawler, the elevation of the enemy is short.
I think it's a problem with Cable / Rogue, but perhaps the level can be blamed I agreed to these characters.

sorry for my english  :(|) :(|) :(|)

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2010, 04:22:11 PM »
Actually i support the idea of magneto having a zoning heavy playstyle however that is not what he has here. what we have is magneto with mediocre options at all ranges instaed of any good options at a specific range.

im going to reiterate that Cable owns this game for free the only other characters that can see him are deadpool and night crawler but even when they bait and ahvb then tele cable can just airdash away to stop all ground offense.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2010, 04:32:08 PM »
Actually i support the idea of magneto having a zoning heavy playstyle however that is not what he has here. what we have is magneto with mediocre options at all ranges instaed of any good options at a specific range.

im going to reiterate that Cable owns this game for free the only other characters that can see him are deadpool and night crawler but even when they bait and ahvb then tele cable can just airdash away to stop all ground offense.

Agreed, Cable is extremely top-tier. He's got the higher end of both the Agile and Shooter types. Gambit can stand up to him also though.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2010, 05:41:35 PM »
i made magneto to be slow with strong special\hypers and not combo oriented,  like all shooters in game.
my perfect design for magneto is the one at Marvel nemesis game ps2. maybe some day i try it.....
cable really owns the game, he is the main char of story, and the only who can link 2 hypers (i tink)
about bugs, will explain again,
our options are hold release for 2 months while 5 people test, or release to all community be our testers.
this way we will got more test and more fast, i belive.

Offline chegun

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 25, 2021, 05:47:26 AM
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2010, 07:18:10 PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I think everybody understand me

Offline jfa

• RMM Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2010, 07:27:38 PM »

that always happened in the video games, also change clothes, looks at the cross of the chest, where it is located?  ;D ;D ;D all characters have this "failure" or rather, liability.

the solution is 3D, but as I have seen many ambidextrous ..  :-??

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2010, 07:29:06 PM »

That's not a bug, that's quite normal. Take a look at MvC2, it does the same thing. Typical Sprites mirror when they change sides. Notice the gun changed hands too.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2010, 07:37:12 PM »
Don't know if this was intentional but the Prime sentinels attack you before the match starts and so does Bastion in his second form.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2010, 07:44:43 PM »
i made magneto to be slow with strong special\hypers and not combo oriented,  like all shooters in game.
my perfect design for magneto is the one at Marvel nemesis game ps2. maybe some day i try it.....
cable really owns the game, he is the main char of story, and the only who can link 2 hypers (i tink)
about bugs, will explain again,
our options are hold release for 2 months while 5 people test, or release to all community be our testers.
this way we will got more test and more fast, i belive.

Well i can really see that you tried to go that route with maggie. and im behind it my suggestions is that you take that qcf kick move and have it activate at different distances and make jab activate right by you and have best recovery have strong activate midscreen with medium recovery and make it raise further into the air before heading towards the opponent. and make fierce go straight upwards but right next to the opponent. sort of like how that new portal move works with dormammu. i really like that you included a move in which magneto uses his environment and making it work something like what i mentioned really encourages players to use his zoning tools instead of fishing for ways to play as marvel 2 magneto. im gonna do some more testing tonight so expect updates.
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2010, 07:58:29 PM »
Juggernaut:
1.After downing the foe completely, Juggernaut can follow-up with either at least 10 LK's, or 8 MK's, (probably more in each case,) or a mix.
2.After his Close S.HP, Juggernaut can juggle with the right techniques. (FIX ASAP.)
3.You should give his S.HK more recovery time; a move doing that much damage with good height to boot, shouldn't recover that quickly. Yes, as everyone has said, you should tone Juggernaut down in various areas, and this is a good place to start.
4.The same should be done with C.HK, for somewhat similar reasons.
5.Make his Air HP and Air HK knockback, like certain other characters. It's alright for characters like Cyclops
to not have those because their damage ratio isn't so high, but Juggernaut's is; for no cost of meter, the damage of a Heavy Air Normal to a Heavy Standing Normal is just too high. Hopefully, you'll do this.
6.QCF+P Special: 'Me Speak No English'. In other words, Juggernauts speaks the Japanese word "ORA!!" during that special; instead of an English word, or even just a regular ol' grunt. It's not necessary to change it, but I felt it was worth noting. (Does it during his QCF+KK Super too.)
7.His 'grab special that isn't actually a grab,' needs to be slower. It takes less then a second for a move with that much range for a physical special to come out and strike the foe; the move's too good.
8.Depending on any number of factors, sometimes the last hit (an uppercut,) of his QCF+PP Super won't connect with the foe.
9.Can combo into his 'Earthquake' and 'Grab that's not a grab' specials.

You want my advice, Juggernaut should be the slowest character in the game in all regards, but also the most damaging by far, and he has the best physical range besides Omega Red regardless. Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 12:16:16 PM by novasod »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista