collapse

Author Topic: Legends/Chronicals phase 1 Bane beta released  (Read 5919 times)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Legends/Chronicals phase 1 Bane beta released
« on: May 19, 2010, 12:20:43 AM »
Well most may not know but Acey, and I have been chatting, and helping each other out on our Bat-projects. It's been a lot of fun, and we have some exciting things on the horizon this Spring. Anyway I wont bore you all with that too much, we'll just let that all unfold as time moves on. Anyway were giving you a taste of the Legends, and Chronicals of the Dark Knight Phase 1 Bane beta to play with. We decided to release it here in the DC section for you all to enjoy. You can get him at the Legends download section for the time being. I hope you enjoy this early Beta by Jmaxximus, and myself

http://cvgunited.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=190

Jmaxximus's vision of Bane finally set loose.

Special thanx to my teamates and testers who lent a hand. AA250, Acey, Trexell, and Yin that really helped me get this thing ready. Of course Jedimaster BdCirk for saving the day more than once. To the CVG Team and, Legends, and Chronicles of the Dark Knight teams for their support, and of course Jmaxximus for letting me work with him on his very 1st character! We have more to come from the Bat Projects very soon!

Special thanx to graphic masters Arlequin, and Shulbocka for all the awesome ports!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 09:00:38 AM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 26, 2024, 11:12:02 PM
Re: Legends/Chronicals phase 1 Bane beta released
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 12:34:01 AM »
Not bad, checked him out some. I really like some of the stuff I see in him. Some stuff could use work, of course, but it's a Beta and definitely has a lot to offer. Personally not feeling the "Power Geyser" type hyper as it doesn't feel like something Bane would have. Along with the stomp that sends up pieces of the ground, sorta feels like he has Terra type powers to some extent.

Aside from that though, a lot of promise shown in this. Outside of the character himself, the portraits are great, the intro's pretty good but moves by too fast to really read, and I like the pals (aside from the yellow and brownish-red ones).

Last thing I wanted to mention, he doesn't seem to have much of a voice right now. Any reason for that.?

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 12:37:26 AM »
The voice is really just lacking for beta reasons. Just got in touch with a voice actors group. Just didnt hear anything I like yet. Definately an important thing though.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 12:39:26 AM »
Ah, alright. Good to hear, as currently the voice doesn't sound.. I guess, strong enough for someone like Bane. Voice overs are just the way to go now when it comes to comic chars. I know I have some people lined up for my WIPs. =P

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 12:57:03 AM »
The voice now is from the Brit Radio show rendition of Knightfall. I kinda like it, but it's just not clean enough for where I am at these days

Post Merge: May 19, 2010, 09:04:48 AM
BTW, sorry for misspelling "chronicles"

lol

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 09:04:48 AM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline highholyme

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 15, 2017, 09:34:50 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 11:31:26 AM »
How is Bane supposed to sound?
If I recall correctly isn't he supposed to have a Russian accent?

Offline celobateira

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 07, 2016, 03:29:37 PM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 01:45:11 PM »
Wow, this is a huge release!!!

Congratulations to all, if this is a beta i can't imagine how it would be the 1.0 version

it's a well made char, the moves are well made and the AI is very good (this means he can give us a good chalenge when we play agains him).

one question: the small portrait colors are mixed up, i have that problem with harley quinn too... i'm using winmugen...
can someone tell me what's the problem?

Once again congrats for the release
No one dies virgin, life f..k us all

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 01:48:41 PM »
How is Bane supposed to sound?
If I recall correctly isn't he supposed to have a Russian accent?

No Bane is not a Russian, nor is he a giant Luchadore. Bane is a European looking Spaniard from Central America around the Carribean.

Post Merge: May 19, 2010, 01:51:05 PM
Wow, this is a huge release!!!

Congratulations to all, if this is a beta i can't imagine how it would be the 1.0 version

it's a well made char, the moves are well made and the AI is very good (this means he can give us a good chalenge when we play agains him).

one question: the small portrait colors are mixed up, i have that problem with harley quinn too... i'm using winmugen...
can someone tell me what's the problem?

Once again congrats for the release

Yeah sorry I notice that too. It doesnt seem to do it on all SP's so I didnt notice it. I think it's because of its location in the sprites. Not sure if thats it, but I promise to fix that along with a few other bugs real soon.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:06:08 PM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 08:14:31 PM »
But I don't understand. I thought The Dark Knight Chronicles we're using Batzarro's Bane.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 08:49:02 PM »
I think it's going to be more of a pick-n-mix from what you'll want in the game. So, I guess that's why.? Not sure but as far as I know I'm still working on the Bane towards IMT's project. :-??

Maybe someone could clarify better.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 11:00:46 PM »
Well look at ANC's potential. I dont see IMT's Batman in there :-??

To me it looks essentially like an Unlimited game, and not a forum project.

So yes theres a lot of questions out there. I think however people tend to put together their own ideal game. If we all work toward a mutual goal people will be able to customize their own Legends/chronicles game based on characters built on a similar template.

Right now thats all over the place, but I am able to convert to templates pretty quick, and I'd bet Acey, and others can too. Hopefully future updates on all characters new and old will hopefully work, and adapt to a similar template. While some characters may be involved with one version of the game, another may use others.

People dont care about inter mugen competition they just want to play a game. With the DC Multiverse being such a big place some people might want them all in one pack (who knows?) I know I have 3 or 4 Ryu's in my personal game. The Legends game was built on this concept. I know acey has always believed in working on an interactive ideal, but theres been a ton of roadblocks. Maybe this is a 1st step in doing something differant.

Some people may not think the Legends project is all that great, but I think we have a ton of legit wips to bring to the table. I think if we can set some mutual goals we can breath some new life into the Batman Projects. I certainly dont want to walk in here and step on anybodies toes, so if it creates a problem I certainly can continue on my own, but I think theres potential for something very cool here.

It's really just a matter if it's cool with everybody :-??

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 12:26:28 AM »
That's why I said the whole "pick-n-mix" thing. I was assuming it might be like that since this Bane was released here and no one told me my Bane wasn't going to be in it anymore. It's all good by me though, to each their own. Everyone will get to pick what they want in it or not, that's how Mugen should be.

Personally still looking forward to any and every Batman related WIP, that's why I got into creating in the first place. I hope this isn't really out of line but is IMT working on any Batman WIPs besides Batman himself.? Hoping to see some type of template real soon, think we need one by now. [-O<

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 08:38:20 AM »
Well whenever the games are actually released I am sure the rosters will be a tad differant. Chronicles is a very str8 forward Batman game, where Legends is more of a Grant Morrison concept that explores differant facits of Batman. Hence there will be some difference in the games, but for people that want to build their own SP of characters it's in the best interest to make them use a similar structure, combo system, and graphix.

I hear your frustration on a template but keep in mind Acey has EOH as a priority. The game needed a lot of tweaking, and there hasn't been a lot of people to step up and take on some of the burdon on Chronicles. However I am working on template for something else at the moment getting that experience, and hopefully after EOH is launched again we can all take a moment to chat about the template, and get something going.  

We have a lot of elements ready, and building off of the EOH template a lot of explods, and work is already there, we just need to discuss hyper ports, bgs, and style. I shouldn't be a long process to finish. A lot of my work needs reboot totally, so believe me I am clamoring to get this template done too.

Once people see activity, we'll get a lot of people chiming in, and helping out. I honestly think we can get this organized, and moving. We have a couple more things coming up in the next couple weeks to help jumpstart the DC section here.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:50:26 AM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 11:02:34 AM »
IMT is going with which one get's completed  :DxDie :DxDie

Just kidding.

Unlike EOH where it was pretty much all IMT making the decisions. The idea behind EOH was, if we noticed someone started creating something, we kind of chose what was going in there. The fans weren't able to add anything to EOH for years.  The idea behind Batman is to have it be an open project. This is more of a project where any creator can feel welcome to make something for this game. Let the fans decide what they would like to have in " their " game.  So you are all welcome to make something for the project.

The Alexziq team has a lot of good WIP's involving Batman & his universe. But not all his WIP's for his project fit the style of the IMT game. Some of our characters will fit into his. So his project will definitely be different than ours when they are combined. IMT & Alexziq's team working together has been in talks for some time now. I'm glad to see it finally work out. As most of you know, I helped Alexziq with the Bat Armor hyper for Batman Beyond. I look forward to possibly helping these guys out with more for their characters. Alexziq is secretly working on something for me. Which I do not want to reveal right now. Hopefully that all works out & we can bring you something new on that horizon.

Right now IMT is focused on getting EOH complete. As you all know, there is a release coming up soon. Acey has been putting in a lot of work to try & get it perfected for you all. With the focus still being on EOH for the moment, things for the bat project have slowed down. Once EOH is more finalized, I'm pretty sure the Bat project will take precedence with part of the IMT team. Which means the template & more IMT WIP's announced. I personally am working on way too many Spawn characters, but I may have some surprises for you involving something from the Bat.    :O*D
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 06:33:28 AM »
We did actually talk with Acey about having a place for both Batmen, but it's something we don't want to spoil just yet.

Regardless, it's cool to see this Bane using a bit of a showier moveset like Batzarro said, because as the two Banes compare right now, they're really distinct.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 08:50:01 AM »
That doesnt really surprise me, and we kinda figured the Banes would be differant. Not that I would assume but I somehow reasoned Zarros bane would be like Pocket Zangief, or in that ballpark. I think Ivy will be similar too.

I think Dead X has a gorgeous Ivy, but I am loving esn/dwe's Ivy too. If we keep them varied its not a bad thing at all.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 06:38:38 PM »
Pocket Zangief.? I really don't remember how he plays so I can't say but I don't know what to compare my Bane to at the moment. In a sense Goro and Geese Howard (KoF) come to mind but not completely.

I was glad to see the Bane you guys put out be very different from what I had planned so far. I shared some ideas with Jmax about what I was planning to do to see what he was going to do also. I was happy to hear we were going in different directions and neither Bane would take away from the other in the end.

As for that Ivy, doesn't look half bad. Never thought the Ivy stance I quickly put together would come in useful though.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 07:44:08 PM »

Her right wrist appears to be broken  :(

(click to show/hide)

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 09:19:02 PM »
Her wrist just looks very tiny to me.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 12:42:08 AM »
That doesnt really surprise me, and we kinda figured the Banes would be differant. Not that I would assume but I somehow reasoned Zarros bane would be like Pocket Zangief, or in that ballpark. I think Ivy will be similar too.

I think Dead X has a gorgeous Ivy, but I am loving esn/dwe's Ivy too. If we keep them varied its not a bad thing at all.

Zarro I hope I didnt offend you by comparing your Bane to Pocket zangief, I only thought of that becaause that character had a Bane mode. I am truly sorry that our 1st character did not turn out as good as it shouldve been. We had no AI, no combo's, no launcher. I am sorry that it left you with any negative stigma. We were both new to this thing, and prehaps a little naive so I am sorry if it left you with a bad rep. If I could do it over again I swear things would be differant.I hope you know that I never meant any harm. I saw your comments on the Wolverine thread, and I saw you talk about the bogus bad rep Spoiler had, and it blew my mind that you said what you did. It meant a lot to me, and I always look forward to your work. I know the CVG staff knows that I always back you when we discuss your work.

Post Merge: May 22, 2010, 12:47:13 AM
Her wrist just looks very tiny to me.

Probably my fault, I re-edited zarros sprites to Jmaxx, and then edited them again, and gave my bad anims to esn. I an sure the wrist thing is my bad. We'll fix it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 12:47:13 AM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 01:35:58 AM »
The wrist moves completely off the arm & the arm doesn't move a bit. That's what I meant.

BTW what threads were zarr's comments about spoiler in?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2010, 08:57:57 AM »
Eh somebody made some comment that Team Spoiler were a bunch of thieves, and now weve all gone legit. Zarro basically said that was a bogus rap that we were slandered with by a few people, and that we always asked permission and that we may have done some private team sharing, but we didnt purposely steal anything.

Really our bad rep came from people who thought we were JLMugen, and then we got hosed by Magefx, and then by well we'll just say his buddy. I guess there was the early stuff Jason and I did like Match, and azrael but hell we had no clue about Mugen rules. It's not like theres some majic pretentious fragging handbook that tells newbs whats right, and wrong. Plus it's not like we went all over Mugen releasing that crap, match was always private. Once we knew how things worked we played by the guidlines. Some people just don't want to live, and let die.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2010, 10:07:28 AM »
Zarro I hope I didnt offend you by comparing your Bane to Pocket zangief, I only thought of that becaause that character had a Bane mode. I am truly sorry that our 1st character did not turn out as good as it shouldve been. We had no AI, no combo's, no launcher. I am sorry that it left you with any negative stigma. We were both new to this thing, and prehaps a little naive so I am sorry if it left you with a bad rep. If I could do it over again I swear things would be differant.I hope you know that I never meant any harm. I saw your comments on the Wolverine thread, and I saw you talk about the bogus bad rep Spoiler had, and it blew my mind that you said what you did. It meant a lot to me, and I always look forward to your work. I know the CVG staff knows that I always back you when we discuss your work.
Nah, didn't offend me. I just don't really know how Pocket Zangief plays as it's been forever since I've played Pocket Fighter (or any of the chars on Mugen).

Don't worry about the original Harley either. We were both learning. Back then, that was my vision of her. Things have changed so much since though. I was more focused on showing Harley's playful and crazy side that I believe I almost completely forgot to show how athletic and bouncy (for lack of a better word) she can be. So, we were both just winging it back then and know much better now, which is all good. Wonder if this Harley I'm working on now will still be my vision a year or two from now though. XD

About what I said, I meant it. It was just the truth. We got major crap for reasons I'll never get back then. Almost as if we were some huge threat to anyone working on comic chars, which couldn't of been further from the truth. XD It doesn't really matter anymore, even though not too long ago I got a person calling me a thief and Team Spoiler member still.. Over a single edit at that. Which is really odd after all this time, guess some people are just stuck on what was then what is.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »
Eh somebody made some comment that Team Spoiler were a bunch of thieves, and now weve all gone legit.
thats not exactly what i said, in past team spoiler defend the ideia to a new rules to mugen community (and even i agreed with somes of this ideias and i suportted and offered help to TS wips), if i remeber well in sonic x forum, and now ex-team spoiler members respect mugen community rules,
Pirates was first english word come to my mind when i tink about one to describe who not agree with the rules... if that mean to you bunch of thieves, sorry for that.

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=30043.15
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:38:33 AM by zvitor »

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2010, 11:10:02 AM »
thats not exactly what i said, in past team spoiler defend the ideia to a new rules to mugen community (and even i agreed with somes of this ideias and i suportted and offered help to TS wips), if i remeber well in sonic x forum, and now ex-team spoiler members respect mugen community rules,
Pirates was first english word come to my mind when i tink about one to describe who not agree with the rules... if that mean to you bunch of thieves, sorry for that.

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=30043.15

Sorry Zvitor I read Zarros comment without reading yours. I did not realize what was said.

It is true that I did not agree with the rules. Truth told I still dont, and I think everything should be open source. While capcom, and Snk may be cool with fanart I do not believe Marvel, and Warner Brothers are. Warner has threatened cease and desist on people just for use of the Superman symbol, not even used for profit. So I think Mugen rules are a little hypocritical. However I play by them because it's whats best for the fans. The flame wars have hurt the hobby tremendously.

Offline cyberaknus

• Last Login:January 31, 2014, 06:42:09 PM
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 04:44:29 PM »
How do I download this? I reeeeally want this.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 05:20:58 PM »
Should be a link on pg1. I will be updating hime soon though since some last minute changes caused a couple of disappointing issues. Ah check him out anyway, just keep your eyes open for the next update.

Offline Jmaxximus

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 02, 2022, 03:04:27 PM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 03:33:24 PM »
Just wanted to let people know that Bane will be getting an update soon, Alexziq and I have been working really hard to bring out a good update, we've taken alot of people considerations and and ideas to heart.

Here's a quick update to his Overdose Mode:

Keep an eye out.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 10:49:44 AM »
Doesn't look like the legs will support the upper body weight.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 11:20:07 AM »
Doesn't look like the legs will support the upper body weight.

I disagree, his legs are way bigger than Strong Guys

Offline Jmaxximus

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 02, 2022, 03:04:27 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 11:53:43 AM »
His legs are'nt that small. heget's bigger but taller also. Thats why I didn't make his legs as thick.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista