collapse

Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Announced by Sega! (I'm DEAD serious)  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Announced by Sega! (I'm DEAD serious)
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 01:44:09 PM »
Tails was always my least favorite Sonic character.

Not me, for me it was always characters not in the Genesis/CD games.

The one that reigns the top of the worst characters is Big The Cat. Not only is he one of the worst characters in the Sonic franchise, but he's one of the worst characters ever created.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 03:36:31 PM »
I actually liked Shadow/Rouge/Espio.
Didn't care for anyone outside of them that wasn't part of sonic1/2/3/cd.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 10:42:08 PM »
Not me, for me it was always characters not in the Genesis/CD games.

The one that reigns the top of the worst characters is Big The Cat. Not only is he one of the worst characters in the Sonic franchise, but he's one of the worst characters ever created.
silver the hedgehog.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 11:02:37 PM »
Big's Worse.

At least Silver the Hedgehog could be seen as mildly cool. Despite being a cable rip off.

Big is just Crap in every way.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 11:04:43 PM »
lol i have to agree with big the cat being the worst.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 01:11:40 AM »
oh look, ANOTHER hedgehog!

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »
Y'know what, you're right!

we all know that any Fictional UNIVERSE can only have some many of the same anthropomorphic animal before it gets tiring.

Cause it's not how annoying and/or crappy the char is, it's what species it is that matters.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 10:42:58 AM »
you are honestly going to tell me that unnecessarily and lazily repainting sonic the hedgehog and giving him magical powers that don't even fit into the scope of the entire series of games, just because it's cool and might help sell the game is somehow not as bad as trying to make a new character with a somewhat unique personality for a game that encouraged multiple characters with different gameplay?

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 12:26:20 PM »
Big's gameplay wasn't even fun.

It pissed me off to no ends. I'd rather be psychic then have to fish again.

Even if His Charecter DESIGN was okay, his Voice and gameplay made me want to stop playing Adventure 1.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 08:35:57 PM »
you are honestly going to tell me that unnecessarily and lazily repainting sonic the hedgehog and giving him magical powers that don't even fit into the scope of the entire series of games, just because it's cool and might help sell the game is somehow not as bad as trying to make a new character with a somewhat unique personality for a game that encouraged multiple characters with different gameplay?

lol, I didn't even think about Silver, the Sonic 06 demo was so horrendous that I didn't even bother to play the actual game. I'd say Big and Silver are equally on the same suckyness (I know its not a word, but it should be). Big was just so.... ugh.. Everybody hates him.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 11:16:31 PM »
Racist just cause he's a Cat.

I'm joking everyone, don't hurt me.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 02:58:58 AM »
Racist just cause he's a Cat.

I'm joking everyone, don't hurt me.
*puts away Anti-cat Poster*

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 10:57:48 AM »
I actually like Big, I thought he was unique. Sure, his gameplay got a little stale at times, and he could have been more involved with the main cast, but I thoroughly enjoy his existence.

Unlike Silver's.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 10:51:39 PM »
you know what it is? there are too many of these extra characters, and for the most part, they're ALL uninspired and lame. There are just so many of them now that we're at each others throats over which ones are the worst offenders.

Seriously, we don't need evil hot topic sonic. we don't need time travelling psychic sonic. we don't need knuckles with heart shaped boobs who happens to be a bat. we don't need a rabbit with a pet chao that can do the same stuff tails can do. we don't need the chao garden at all.

knuckles doesn't need his own team of heroes, each more of a stereotype than the last. who seriously thought an alligator with gold chains and headphones was cool?

we don't need to play as one of eggman's robots. we don't need to go fishing as a mentally handicapped cat with a pet frog. we don't need a robot who can mimic other people's abilities but lacks a personality of his own.

doctor robotnick doesn't need a dad. he doesn't even need a backstory aside from "evil scientist, kind of an bunghole".

we don't need a walrus who happens to be a mechanic, we don't need a cyborg rabbit (seriously WTF?), we don't need an outlaw weasel.

we need sonic the hedgehog, running really fast and messing stuff up. we can get by with tails and knuckles taging along, because they offer new and interesting abilities that will help us get through the levels differently. we need eggman and metal sonic so we have someone to beat the crap out of. They don't even need an explanation aside from "that dudes a bad guy. he needs to die."

that's really it. no olympics, no werewolves, no black knights, no secret rings, and especially no bioware RPGs for the nintendo DS.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2010, 12:43:21 AM »
I understand where your coming from, yet still somewhat disagree.

The problem with sonic is that they introduce a new charecter EVERY game. If they did it once in a while, it'd be okay, but noooo.

They need to make one every game.

That being said, I like Shadow, Espio, and Rouge. The rest are pretty... meh.

I guess cause my First sonic games was sonic 3 and Knuckles, then Adventure 2 though, my veiwpoints are not the same.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2010, 01:44:05 AM »
you know what it is? there are too many of these extra characters, and for the most part, they're ALL uninspired and lame. There are just so many of them now that we're at each others throats over which ones are the worst offenders.

Seriously, we don't need evil hot topic sonic. we don't need time travelling psychic sonic. we don't need knuckles with heart shaped boobs who happens to be a bat. we don't need a rabbit with a pet chao that can do the same stuff tails can do. we don't need the chao garden at all.

knuckles doesn't need his own team of heroes, each more of a stereotype than the last. who seriously thought an alligator with gold chains and headphones was cool?

we don't need to play as one of eggman's robots. we don't need to go fishing as a mentally handicapped cat with a pet frog. we don't need a robot who can mimic other people's abilities but lacks a personality of his own.

doctor robotnick doesn't need a dad. he doesn't even need a backstory aside from "evil scientist, kind of an bunghole".

we don't need a walrus who happens to be a mechanic, we don't need a cyborg rabbit (seriously WTF?), we don't need an outlaw weasel.

we need sonic the hedgehog, running really fast and messing stuff up. we can get by with tails and knuckles taging along, because they offer new and interesting abilities that will help us get through the levels differently. we need eggman and metal sonic so we have someone to beat the crap out of. They don't even need an explanation aside from "that dudes a bad guy. he needs to die."

that's really it. no olympics, no werewolves, no black knights, no secret rings, and especially no bioware RPGs for the nintendo DS.

If it was that simple in all games it would always be "Ryu, me an' you gotta save da wold from da avil BISON!" "YEAH OKAY KEN!!!" in Street Fighter. No Akuma, Seth, or anything like that, probably the 8 and that's it.

But too many new characters were made yeah. However we need some stuff. Like the Olympics games, they are fun minigame games nonetheless (even if they will never explain how MARIO can keep up with Sonic the super fast hedgehog...)

More relating to the topic: This game will not have ANYONE but the originals I believe as it is a direct sequel to S3 and S&K.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2010, 08:33:36 AM »
I do have to agree about Big the Cat on Sonic Adventure, he was horrible and not fun to use at all.  Kind of lazy and speaks gibbirish.  My reason for disliking Tails is because he sounds too much like a whiny baby.  I have the Japanese version of each Sonic and Tails' voice is worst than his US voice.  I didn't mind him in Sonic 2 & 3 since he didn't speak.  So my least favorites are Biggie Cat and Tails.  I think Sonic needs a new less annoying partner and even in some of the recent Sonic games you see Sonic getting annoyed by Tails.  For example in Sonic Adventure 1 there was a big blast by Dr. Robotnik's ship and Tails shouts at Sonic "Did you see that Sonic?" and Sonic just rolls his eyes.

I do like Knuckles, Espio, Vector, Mighty, Charmy from Chaotix.  Shadow, Amy, and Tikal are nice too.  I didn't care much for Rogue and thought some of her background was weird like I saw one were she was working for the government or something like that.  Maybe it was a cartoon or something, but it looked weird with a bunch of humans briefing with a funny looking bat.  I thought Silver was cool, but they should have introduced him in a very different way, because in Sonic '06 Sega just literally threw him in there and didn't give him enough background.  Blaze is somewhat of a mystery as I can't figure out what to think of her.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2010, 10:55:10 AM »
I feel pretty much the same. Except Tails is my favourite character since the first time I played Sonic 2. :cool

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2010, 11:18:17 AM »
If it was that simple in all games it would always be "Ryu, me an' you gotta save da wold from da avil BISON!" "YEAH OKAY KEN!!!" in Street Fighter. No Akuma, Seth, or anything like that, probably the 8 and that's it.

nah dude, cuz thats a fighting game. it relies on variety of characters for it's gameplay more than it's story. a platforming game like sonic doesn't.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »
Okay what about Mario? Same type of game, it would have Bowser and an unnamed Princess. Maybe Luigi but not the Wario bros. not any of the spin-offs, not Smash Bros. If you went by the same thing for Donkey Kong first, actually there would be no Super Mario Bros. at all, just jumpman and DK jumping over barrels and fire people. Even platforming games need some development. Like I said though, you are right about a lot of new characters, they bring like 3 and 1/2 per new game usually.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2010, 12:05:30 PM »
 ^^(PM)^

I agree.  With Sonic, they should mainly have just Sonic playable or has 2 extras while the rest of the cast just pops in every now and then.  For example, your in a stage and you come across Espio who gives you info on the enemies or something like that.  The characters don't have to play a major role.  SF only like 5 characters are really involved with the story and the rest are there as background characters.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2010, 02:53:56 PM »
So I looked at this post and I have to agree with them adding to many new characters. But if we go back to sonic adventure 2(which was a good game) I don't think it would have been good without shadow, rouge, or any other new character they added at that time. Yes I feel to many freakin characters are just poping in and then they just disappear like tikal I found her interesting and everytime i hear of a new sonic game that's coming out I hope to see tikal but instead they add more new characters. BTW I never have played any of the next jen games so I don't know how bad they are. The last sonic game I played was sonic riders which was alright. Or I also played all of the ds games including the rpg which I found o.k since they didn't have any newbies like silver or blaze.

So I walked into a bar.....................................
......................ouch, that hurt
So yeah best sonic game I ever played was sonic a2. Then all the classic sonic games.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2010, 03:28:29 PM »
I agree.

Extra Charecter like Chaotix/shadow, etc. could be playable, if just to have them playable, like Tails in Sonic 3, or Protoman in MM9.

They don't need a story.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2010, 04:48:39 PM »
That kind of reminds me of Sonic Heroes, I did like that one.  Though next time Amy should choose a better team instead of hanging out with Creamy Rabbit and Biggie Cats (I know its not their names, but I like calling them that :|).
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2010, 05:00:27 PM »
I think they should've at least given us Tails and Knuckles. Knowing game companies nowadays, they'll probably be DLC. *sigh*

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar