collapse

Author Topic: Sonic Chaos Battles (tentative title)  (Read 591 times)

Offline Sapphire Flame

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 24, 2010, 02:37:56 PM
    • Email
Sonic Chaos Battles (tentative title)
« on: November 14, 2009, 01:28:37 AM »
Well, I don't know how it happened, but I'm finding myself making a MUGEN full game. Specifically, a Sonic the Hedgehog-based fighting game. Yes, you read that correctly. I don't know why I decided to make one, the idea came to me one day and refused to leave, so here I am.

Basic info:

• The game will be a four-button fighter, with the other two used for special functions. Two punch buttons, two kick buttons, a button to dodge/block, and a throw button. It will not be based on Sonic Battle. We already have one of those.
  • The game will be a four-button fighter, with the other two used for special functions. Two punch buttons, two kick buttons, a button to dodge/block, and a throw button. It will not be based on Sonic Battle. We already have one of those.
  • The game will use advance-style sprites. Custom sprites and sprite edits will be used when no suitable sprites can be found
  • The game's roster will consist only of official characters that originate from the games. That means no Sally Acorn, no Scratch or Grounder, and no Ashura.
  • The game will be released as a series of betas so that the general public can give report bugs and give constructive criticism.
  • As for the roster itself, the game will attempt to incorporate both older characters and recent additions. I will attempt to incorporate most of the popular or major characters with a few minor characters and fan favorites.

Screenshots:

As work on the game only started a week or so ago as of his post, I don't have much. This is mostly to prove that I'm working on the game.

(click to show/hide)

Staff members:

Current Staff members:

Sapphire Flame (Project head, character programmer)
home32 (Spriter)
Doctor Cow (Spriter)

Now hiring:

I will need people who can fill the following positions-

Spriter- It is vital that we have at least one spriter on the team before the release of Beta 1. I have absolutely no spriting skill, and I will need someone who can sprite. Spriters will at least need to have experience with sprite editing.

Character programmer- Someone who understands the MUGEN programming language and is capable of programming in MUGEN. While I could conceivably make every single character by myself, it would take quite some time before I would finish.

Stage programmer-I'm sure I could figure out how to make stages by myself, but I'd prefer someone who has experience with stage programming.

Screenpack designer- We're going to need to design a screenpack at some point. While a custom-made screenpack is not an urgen need at the moment, I'd like to have someone who can do it.

If you want to join one of these positions, simply PM me with your name, desired position, and previous work. If you're clearly competent enough, I'll add you to the list.

So, are there any thoughts? Suggestions? Note that anything along the lines of "Sonic sux, don't make this game" or "Sonic was ruined forever after <insert game here>" will be ignored. This is about the MUGEN game, not the source material.

Click here for the project board

Offline PARANATION

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 02, 2012, 02:25:15 PM
  • Now that's what i'm talking about!!
    • Email
Re: Sonic Chaos Battles (tentative title)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 05:15:45 AM »
Nice WIP your working on. I dont know anything about all what you described but i will be sure to download this as soon as its done. I just wanna say i want this full game to be true and i think it will be a interesting full game. Good luck on your project :)

^:)^ ^:)^  =D> =D>

We'll never know unless we try!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar