collapse

Author Topic: For anyone that has computer problems  (Read 487 times)

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
For anyone that has computer problems
« on: November 03, 2009, 06:43:04 PM »
Hey guys, a clan im affiliated with recently told me about a program called TeamViewer. Basically what it is, is a remote desktop type of program. But the good thing is, when you allow someone access you can only allow them access on that session. it automatically creates a new password as soon as you or the other person stops the program. So when you boot the program up again the only person who has the login details are you. I have used it before with one of my clan mates so he could fix a problem I had.

Also with this program you can sync both your keyboard and mouse with each other. but if you wanna stop the person before he/she does anything to ask what he/she is doing. Just use your mouse again. The other person cannot stop you from ending the program. Plus it can instantly sync your monitor with the other person. As long as both of you have the program (it has a fully functional free version, which im using.) you can take turns looking at each others screens and interacting to fix problems.

Its the perfect remote desktop client. It offers amazing security. If you are scared the person is gonna abuse your computer. Close the program. Then he/she is completely locked out. You have to provide the person a username and password (both randomly generated when program starts for the first time.) Then after that it keeps generating passwords after each close of the program.

best of all there is no install. Just download the program and run it.

Anyways I won't give the link, its easy to find on google (legally.) All this post is trying to accomplish is, that if anyone needs help with a computer give me a PM and I will give you a link to the program (again legally.) and help you through it.

Just to make sure tho, ill go ahead and give a link : http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx

There are 2 links : full (requires install, free) and Portable (no install, still free)

Offline Kid Chyllen™♪

• The Young Lion
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 07, 2012, 07:13:43 AM
  • Smash Bros. 4 Coming to you in 2013 !
    • Email
Re: For anyone that has computer problems
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 06:56:03 PM »
I use this all the time in my computer concepts class. Mostly when I have a substitute ,
me and my friends use it to play loud annoying music (Chocolate Rain) when we leave the room.  :D

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal