collapse

Author Topic: Elecbyte is back?!  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Reza

• MVCR
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 02, 2011, 12:25:35 AM
  • I Come To Suck Your Blood
    • Reza's Mugen Stuff
    • Email
Re: Elecbyte is back?!
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2009, 05:11:45 PM »
Wow they are really back huh, i thought that someone was yanking my chain. One of my friends on Xbox Live told me about it but i didn't believe him at first until i seen it on basically every Mugen Website, I'll try it out soon.

My questions are:

Do we need to re-code all characters?
Would we need new programs to create content for Mugen?
Is there a possibility for ported versions on Consoles(Xbox, Xbox360, PS3...etc)?

Note: I didn't visit the Elecbyte site yet so please don't bash. Will do soon after work.

My Website: Untitled Document

Offline DanOwnsall112

• Suporter of Mugen Evolution
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2016, 11:19:37 PM
  • OYAJI!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2009, 05:16:02 PM »
Wow they are really back huh, i thought that someone was yanking my chain. One of my friends on Xbox Live told me about it but i didn't believe him at first until i seen it on basically every Mugen Website, I'll try it out soon.

My questions are:

Do we need to re-code all characters?
Would we need new programs to create content for Mugen?
Is there a possibility for ported versions on Consoles(Xbox, Xbox360, PS3...etc)?

Note: I didn't visit the Elecbyte site yet so please don't bash. Will do soon after work.

No,Yes,Yes

Use the tools that are provided with the mugen engine by elecbyte on the site :)

"DAN NEVER DIES, HE JUST STOPS LIVING FOR A DAY!" - GatlingPunchRalf

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2009, 05:23:36 PM »
I just hope Fighter Factory Ultimate will take advantage of the new features and versions of the SFF and stuff. Also the new engine runs amazing on Win7. It opens and closes instantly. Well atleast just with KFM and original motif supplied with the new version. I have yet to really test it out with my usual motif(Syn's screenPack), stages, and characters.

Offline ItalianStallion

• Hoodville Certified
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:May 07, 2022, 08:13:31 PM
  • Today you are inspired. Tomorrow you inspire
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2009, 05:24:36 PM »
wat the hell is so great about this new mugen? o.O# Same Kung Fu Man, same moves, same intro, same ending. still no suave dude. only different is a nicer hi res screenpack? wow...

Offline DanOwnsall112

• Infinity Regular
  • OYAJI!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2009, 05:28:15 PM »
wat the hell is so great about this new mugen? o.O# Same Kung Fu Man, same moves, same intro, same ending. still no suave dude. only different is a nicer hi res screenpack? wow...

Bug fixes from the old one
filtered/hi-res KFM(he has a new attack for your information >:P)
New tools
updates
Only properly coded characters work on it...
more here:
http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs/history.html

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2009, 05:42:38 PM »

If it's any consolation to you, there is someone doing Suave Dude...:-"

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=95335.0
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline tunglashor

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 02, 2019, 05:45:21 PM
    • tunglashor
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2009, 06:00:13 PM »
I cannot believe how many posts there are already asking for Suave Dude!  What the hell!

As for what's better - it's really more about the fact that Mugen is once again being actively developed.  That means new features are on the way, as well as potential fixes for all the bugs that we've been living with all this time.  But there are plenty of good things about the new release:
- mp3 support is now native instead of using the winamp plugin, which removes one of the main causes of Mugen crashes
- support has been added for custom resolutions - not just the usual HD but whatever dimensions you like.  Great for full game creators
- easy-to-use Victory Quotes feature has been added
- no need for any AI activation code any more

There's more details on their website.

Offline KenFan9276 - Member of CROM

• Phoenix Wright > Megaman :D
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 01:22:01 PM
  • OBJECTION!
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2009, 06:19:14 PM »
Gives me an error every time.
1.screen dosen't 2.Says"Mugen is not responding."

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2009, 06:26:01 PM »
Honestly.. I'm going to wait till the 1.0 release (not RC) is available before even using this.. we were doing fine with the 2002 beta they made, so.. I think I'll wait till something majorly improved before I switch over.. (and when FFU is compatible with 1.0 release)...

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2009, 06:50:34 PM »
Downloaded, happy to see the return of Elecbyte.

Offline criok

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 25, 2010, 10:39:24 AM
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
 :Dsi si ay errors that we are even with the version of winmugen jejejjee for now ..... :)

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2009, 07:45:26 PM »
So the famous elecbyte is back huh? I don't really know about this yet. I know KFM has been updated and they have a nicer hi-res effect. But for now, I'll stick to regular winmugen.

Offline criok

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 25, 2010, 10:39:24 AM
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2009, 08:07:31 PM »
 :w00t:
corrected problem solving and I put into 640x480 ... jejeje nomas and controls work followed: insert, home, repayment, supr, fin, PgUp ..
in q, w, a, s, z, x, does not want to grab ...? was a matter of finding a bit more .. convinced me.
welcome this update .. jeje

::salute::

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2009, 08:20:20 PM »
Yes, what at first seemed like a very bad joke, now turns to be the truth!

Altough, since Megaman 9, there's nothing I don't believe.

Offline ItalianStallion

• Hoodville Certified
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:May 07, 2022, 08:13:31 PM
  • Today you are inspired. Tomorrow you inspire
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2009, 08:58:53 PM »
I mean i dont really care for Suave Dude its just pathetic to me they were gone for that long and all they did was some bug fixes and add a new move to KFM? wow shocker. but whatever thats just my opinion im happy with my mugen and the "new" one is not worth downloading since theres barely any difference

Offline mugenstation360

• Mugen faithful & Respectful person
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:March 28, 2013, 05:02:27 PM
  • -_- If you can't create Sh"t, then dont talk it.
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2009, 09:08:04 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZx1dQQE22o#ws-hd
also i didnt take it getting deleted personal..i was going to delete it anyway.lol.

OK class! Now remember, in order to give someone proper feedback, you must BASH them! Because being nice, and or respectful, is frowned upon in the Mugen community... Ok, so what do we do to new creators and patch makers kids?

(Kids yelling) BASH THEM!!!

That's right class! now get out there and discourage someone!

(Kids) Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Objection!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2009, 09:12:06 PM »
I mean i dont really care for Suave Dude its just pathetic to me they were gone for that long and all they did was some bug fixes and add a new move to KFM? wow shocker. but whatever thats just my opinion im happy with my mugen and the "new" one is not worth downloading since theres barely any difference
Yeah. I understand what you're saying... just a few bug fixes doesn't make me seem like I want to drop the 2002 beta version.... I think you and I would both agree that waiting for the 1.0 release (not RC) would be better... At least they would have more done by then...

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 11, 2024, 11:23:07 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2009, 09:17:31 PM »
Dy-No-Mite!!!! :w00t: :w00t:
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2009, 12:32:34 AM »
After reading what Acey mentioned, it does seem suspicious that Elecbyte would come back out of nowhere and give us a new version of Mugen of which should have been a much bigger improvement over past versions. I didn't even know about Random Select closing it's doors and then this new site appears with a guy calling himself KFM. I think it may be best to be cautious at the moment. I had a chance to test this new version even further and it does have serious compatibility issues with past stuff. Characters in general seem to work, well sort of..not all of them work. Characters also look too big on screen. Screenpacks and everything else don't work properly with this version. So support for past work seems limited right now.

People are either gonna have to just make brand new content or patch all the old work to work right....I don't think anyone is willing to do that. Fighter Factory also doesn't function with this new one properly what with new file formats and such..a new one will have to be made. So that means we need all new tools. In a way this truly is a fresh new Mugen and it could split people between those that embrace the new one and start producing new content for it specifically and those that just are too attached to all the old stuff over the years and stick to old Mugen. I doubt projects that already have been made or are in production are gonna suddenly try to convert to this one...would be way too much of a pain.

I'm just gonna remain on the fence for the time being and see how this all develops.

Offline DanOwnsall112

• Infinity Regular
  • OYAJI!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2009, 12:39:39 AM »
After reading what Acey mentioned, it does seem suspicious that Elecbyte would come back out of nowhere and give us a new version of Mugen of which should have been a much bigger improvement over past versions. I didn't even know about Random Select closing it's doors and then this new site appears with a guy calling himself KFM. I think it may be best to be cautious at the moment. I had a chance to test this new version even further and it does have serious compatibility issues with past stuff. Characters in general seem to work, well sort of..not all of them work. Characters also look too big on screen. Screenpacks and everything else don't work properly with this version. So support for past work seems limited right now.

People are either gonna have to just make brand new content or patch all the old work to work right....I don't think anyone is willing to do that. Fighter Factory also doesn't function with this new one properly what with new file formats and such..a new one will have to be made. So that means we need all new tools. In a way this truly is a fresh new Mugen and it could split people between those that embrace the new one and start producing new content for it specifically and those that just are too attached to all the old stuff over the years and stick to old Mugen. I doubt projects that already have been made or are in production are gonna suddenly try to convert to this one...would be way too much of a pain.

I'm just gonna remain on the fence for the time being and see how this all develops.

I think it would be best for all of us to wait until the 1.0 release...

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2009, 12:53:58 AM »
That is if they actually fix anything, but I think this has to do with the strange new changes they made to it and not so much bugs, but we shall see.

I'm also gonna remain a tad skeptical as we have all been duped before in the past about supposed returns of Elecbyte. The Net is filled with frauds, they need to prove themselves to us. I would rather not be the fool that blindly leaps into the flames without thinking, caution is necessary.

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2009, 01:11:04 AM »
That is if they actually fix anything, but I think this has to do with the strange new changes they made to it and not so much bugs, but we shall see.

I'm also gonna remain a tad skeptical as we have all been duped before in the past about supposed returns of Elecbyte. The Net is filled with frauds, they need to prove themselves to us. I would rather not be the fool that blindly leaps into the flames without thinking, caution is necessary.
same

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2009, 08:47:50 AM »
However suspicious this whole thing is, there is something that got my attention:

- easy-to-use Victory Quotes feature has been added

I can pretty much see where this is going...:P

"This is delicious!"
"You are already dead."
"All your base are belong to us."
"I'm the best at what I do, and what I do isn't pretty."
"I'm the Juggernaut, bee-otch!"
"Hasta la vista, baby."
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline El Chupacabras

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 11, 2010, 04:34:36 PM
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2009, 09:29:19 AM »
Thanks , everybody, I really love the positive attitude you guys have and great imaginations!!. You all have some great ideas! Some of the things you all mentioned are actually in the works, so stay tuned for further developments this year. As for Suave in action.......it may be closer than you think........ ;)

IMO, the best thing to do is to wait until they polish it up a bit. Most of you would probably want to stick with what you have for now until something more solid is available.

Offline tunglashor

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 02, 2019, 05:45:21 PM
    • tunglashor
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2009, 09:33:49 AM »
After reading what Acey mentioned, it does seem suspicious that Elecbyte would come back out of nowhere and give us a new version of Mugen of which should have been a much bigger improvement over past versions. I didn't even know about Random Select closing it's doors and then this new site appears with a guy calling himself KFM. I think it may be best to be cautious at the moment.

The "KFM" stuff is pure FUD.  They're two different people.  In fact the "old KFM" is registered on there as "Mr RandomSelect".  Or is that all part of the 'conspiracy'?  8=|

I had a chance to test this new version even further and it does have serious compatibility issues with past stuff. Characters in general seem to work, well sort of..not all of them work. Characters also look too big on screen. Screenpacks and everything else don't work properly with this version. So support for past work seems limited right now.

Huge exaggeration.  There are a few bugs (inevitable - they'll be fixed).  The vast majority of stuff works, if you do a little reading to understand the new settings.  If screenpacks etc look wrong, it's probably because of the new default resolution.  Setting the following options in mugen.cfg should make it display everything at the old resolution:

Code: [Select]
GameWidth = 640
GameHeight = 480

People are either gonna have to just make brand new content or patch all the old work to work right....

Nah.  All the old content will work fine, once the bugs are ironed out.  Elecbyte have stated that they intend to get everything working without needing any patching or other changes.  Just report any unusual behaviour you notice so they know about and can fix it.

Fighter Factory also doesn't function with this new one properly what with new file formats and such..a new one will have to be made. So that means we need all new tools.

Only if you want to use the new features!  Fighter Factory will continue to work fine - you're not forced into using any new formats.

With that said, it's quite right to stick with the old beta for the time being - there's no need to change until there's content out there that you're interested in, that uses the new features.  I'd suggest experimenting with the new version though if it interests you; there's lots of good stuff in there.  Above all, I don't see what there is to be suspicious about.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar