collapse

Author Topic: Joker discussion  (Read 8353 times)

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
Joker discussion
« on: July 08, 2009, 07:33:10 PM »
Thanks. Some comments. Don't wanna give too much away, but...

- Thanks for the props. These are not ANC's WIPs, but our whole team's. I did a great deal of the design work (All the heads a few of them the whole design, won't say which) so I feel it's OK for me to show them off a bit. But that's alot of work from alot of guys up there, when all's said and done.

- Don't know if they're being offered for the project. Like I said, an ideal project would be one allowing different characters to be coded for a screenpack and chosen by the players.

- We haven't shown our Batman design for a long time - he's been revamped probably twice entirely, already. Latest redesigns were made necessary when a certain Batman got released with most of our old moves. Thanks, Alucard. Thanks so much for your wonderful, original character.

- Cass still has Cammy bits in her. I was actually curious - Mambo dropped his wips, made Hal public and gave up Nightcrawler. If anyone's friends with him enough to get permission on his Cass and redo the sprites to match this one, you guys can have her. I only made her base. Too busy to start up on her.

-  This Joker? All me. Someone else might be working on something for him... but then he'd be angry if there wasn't any surprise to it. Where's the joke in that?

- We have a few more DC WIPs. This is just the Bat family.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 02:36:42 PM by Acey »

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Joker discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 08:04:39 PM »
I really love that Joker design, it looks wonderful from head to toe.

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
Joker discussion
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 09:14:21 PM »
I really love that Joker design, it looks wonderful from head to toe.
i agree, it caught my eye right up when i saw the screen shot.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
Joker discussion
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 09:25:01 PM »
All this talk about THE Unlimited's WIPs reminded me of a project that was shown here. Is there any progress being made? I want to be the 1st to platy it.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Joker discussion
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 10:07:32 PM »
All this talk about THE Unlimited's WIPs reminded me of a project that was shown here. Is there any progress being made? I want to be the 1st to platy it.

True, anybody hear from turbanator, or any more teases on sparx, or screenpack sneak peaks?
One thing I dig about the EOH template is all the explods, and effects used, really above average template.

I assume that DKC will have an equally impressive set up. I just wondered if anything will differ on this project template wise?

Offline Aj sanatoya

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 10, 2013, 01:16:10 PM
  • To think ... i could be doing something right now
    • youtube
Joker discussion
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 10:24:21 PM »
oh you made the joker?

from what i understand he's still not finished yet. correct?

oh thats to bad. from all the jokers i've seen (i think there is only 2 (includeing one edited with a face lift)).  yours looks very well done and it looks great, from what i understand from this project of a batman mugen game, scarecrow is not made by you and made by some one else i also know that he is not nearly finished from what i hear.

but PLEASE keep me updated on this joker, of yours hopefully it will be 100 times better then the other three crap ones that i have.

GOOD luck

Let Charlie Nash's Legend live in us all

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
Joker discussion
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 12:21:50 AM »
The other Jokers out there aren't crappy, they're just different. JT's is more a Nicholson joker with a bit of TAS, while Scruffy's is kind of a comical take on Mr. J, what with the boxing glove, big hammer, and nyah nyah taunt. Theirs reminds me a lot of MKvDC.

I prefer a serious Joker with a dark comedy about himself, like in "The Man who Laughs", "The Killing Joke" or early TAS. Visually, he's half Jim Aparo, half Jim Lee, to match our Batman. He's a wonderfully deep character, so I hope there's room for one more version.

All the same, Joker is pretty far down the list - as I said, I have a partner in crime lined up for WIPing the clown, and I promised him mum's the word on any sort of progress.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
Joker discussion
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 12:31:57 AM »
LOL! you forgot about my Pocket Joker i made for scruffy! LOL!

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Joker discussion
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 12:42:07 AM »
"Elitism" isn't necessarily a bad thing. All you have to do is look at what the Unilimited have accomplished and what you have shown! :thumbsup:

Very nice Bat family there ANC and all the Unlimited. Nice to see a Batgirl who isn't Cammy based as well. Marrow looks like she might work quite well.

"Elitism" is always a bad thing . Luckily I know that ANC was just joking about that , since they haven't accomplished nearly enough to actually think of themselves as " eletists . "

JasonTodd does look the best of all of them . Robin looks good , but his hair needs to be fixed . I'm hating on the Batgirl , I was never a big fan of Cassandra . I'm with Babs all the way  ;*)) 

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
Joker discussion
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 01:45:53 AM »
And here I'd thought that we got the elitist title from others. Guess I'll have to send back the coffee mugs we ordered.

Anyway, Robin's hair is such to allow for his YJ outfit. We have his sprites smart-paletted that way. Doing Babsgirl would be kind of idiotic at this point, since she's contributed more as Oracle than she ever did as Batgirl, but that's a matter of much fanboy contention.

Working on a really, really simple design for a boss-level Ra's Al Ghul, something for community consumption.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
Joker discussion
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 08:30:10 AM »
The bad news in the rumor mill is that Vicky Vale may end up Batgirl so Cass might get the boot again.

I am surprised no one has taken a shot at Batwoman. The red, and black would look pretty stunning as a character.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Joker discussion
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 10:37:05 AM »
True, anybody hear from turbanator, or any more teases on sparx, or screenpack sneak peaks?
One thing I dig about the EOH template is all the explods, and effects used, really above average template.

I assume that DKC will have an equally impressive set up. I just wondered if anything will differ on this project template wise?

Turbanator will be in and out sporadically for a while, but this has been expected ever since this conpect was incepted.

As for the screen pack, That's all my fault, all work and no screen shots, Thanks for the wakeup call. I also want to remind (since you're so complimentary about the EoH tempalte) that the Batman characters template will have original Hitsparks and really will bea treat, but we have to finish updating Batman to turn his character into the template.

And here I'd thought that we got the elitist title from others. Guess I'll have to send back the coffee mugs we ordered.

I alwasy thought it would be nice to reclaim the word "elite". Elite as in experience and tallent but switch the arrogant, snooty implications with elite personality traits like helpfulness, educator, supportive and polite.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
Joker discussion
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 10:46:13 AM »
I alwasy thought it would be nice to reclaim the word "elite". Elite as in experience and tallent but switch the arrogant, snooty implications with elite personality traits like helpfulness, educator, supportive and polite.

It's going to be kind of tough to " recoin " the phrase in mugen after all these years .

@ ANC Luckily you didn't order the shirts , I heard they are not returnable ...lol

Yeah, although Babs has done more as Oracle , I still liked her with the cape & cowl . I think my fascination with her is more from TAS . That last season with her was great . Over the Edge is one of my favorite episodes    
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:54:18 AM by DARKTALBAIN »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
Joker discussion
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »

@ ANC Luckily you didn't order the shirts , I heard they are not returnable ...lol

Tell me about it, even the Village Thrift wont take these boxes of Team Spoiler T-shirts. I now have 2 dozen tops for 2 pairs of plaid pajama bottoms  :-??

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
Joker discussion
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 11:55:22 AM »
Tell me about it, even the Village Thrift wont take these boxes of Team Spoiler T-shirts. I now have 2 dozen tops for 2 pairs of plaid pajama bottoms  :-??

I use them to polish my cars  :o

lol

(click to show/hide)

Offline Aj sanatoya

• Initiate
    • youtube
Joker discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »
mmm i agree to what you said about a "dark" joker like in "the man who laughs" i enjoyed that myself.

well all i have to say i just jope it turns out well.
i've been waiting for a seriously dark joker and all i get are the two you mentioned and a edited one.

and i guess i'll just have to wait and see this one when (ever) it gets out.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
Joker discussion
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 02:26:28 PM »
mmm i agree to what you said about a "dark" joker like in "the man who laughs" i enjoyed that myself.

well all i have to say i just jope it turns out well.
i've been waiting for a seriously dark joker and all i get are the two you mentioned and a edited one.

and i guess i'll just have to wait and see this one when (ever) it gets out.

I assume youre talking about this one?

[youtube=425,350]xW8B_SvDRMw&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

When you say facelift I dont know if youre talking about the 1st horrible release I did where Arellon did his own edit that had a huge head, or if youre talking about this "the 2nd release".

Now I'm not proud, I know this character still needs a lot of work because it was some of my 1st attempts at coding and I had no concept of combo's or commands, and it had a ton of stuff that needed fixed. Ive been working on it for over a year between wips to fix those errors, and even have started doing some sprite editing. It's never going to look as sharp as Unlimited's rugal edit, but for me it's fun because it was the 1st thing I ever did in Mugen, and I at least want to program him properly, and leave a solid character behind whenever I move on one day. He doesn't have to be the quintessential Joker for Mugen, but simply my vision. I myself have every Batman every created in mugen on my home game, and I'm sure theres others who will want every Joker too.

Offline Aj sanatoya

• Initiate
    • youtube
Joker discussion
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 02:50:28 PM »
the one on the video is the one i'm talking about

theres this one in the video who alot refer to him as the "facelifted joker" [saw this one second]
theres one that its a simple oswald recolor (oswald from KOF) [i saw this one first]
then the one from scruffy ot scuffy whatever its called [ and this one third]
i would love to have all the jokers
but some are just not worth mentioning because they are either a recolor
edited poorly like the scruffy one or poorly coded [like you said]
but as of late "facelifted" joker has been taken in by others and made alot better
i download the newly release "facelifted" joker about a week ago and he is now "unbeatable"
well aleast thats what they say but i mean really like to people like you he is easy to beat but you get the idea.

but yeah, i got tried of collecting jokers and moved on to my favourite character

[Charlie/ nash / charlie nash] whatever you perfer to call him, i collect him because he was my first mugen character that i ever downloaded and used plus he's my fav street fighter.

but sadly i can't find the one i used first. [this one was smart and well done the thing that made him different from the other charlies is that he had gold hair in stead of the original hair color from the games] [and he can only be found on the "ALL CHARACTER BATTLE ZERO MUGEN"] and if anyone know where to get him TELL ME!!! [i love that charlie perfectly well done]

and i find lots now but some have the same folder names and my computer won't let me put the same named folder with others with the same name or else one will be deleted or something.

but in conclusion

i'm just waiting for this joker to see if he's good.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
Joker discussion
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 03:09:18 PM »
Okay I would just point out that the one in this video came out after the "facelifted joker" just so people dont think it was this character that was edited into Arellons. The version Arellon facelifted is by far inferior, and doesnt have half of what this one does. He edited an even older version that was edited into his version.

Why people want that version is beyond me. Nothing against Arellon the head is just too big, and he didn't improve the body at all.

Offline volzzilla

• Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
Joker discussion
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 03:22:24 PM »
I think the most recently updated version of ALEXZIQ's is pretty good, and I can't wait to see the changes he's got in store for the next update :)
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline Aj sanatoya

• Initiate
    • youtube
Joker discussion
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 03:23:55 PM »
MMM i see i see

well then. that changes some of the things i said

i thought the one in the video was "facelifted"

my mistake

and if you got a link to the one in the video i would LOVE to try him out

Offline volzzilla

• Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
Joker discussion
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »
this is the most recently released version of that joker

http://www.freewebs.com/spidermew/dc.html
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
Joker discussion
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 03:29:04 PM »
Well were a little  >:-(-|

Weve been talking Unlimited, and my old stuff but Spidermews House of Stuff site has the 7/9/08 release, and in 2 months or less the updated Joker, Batman, and Batman Beyond TAS will be released anyway.

But again this is IMT's Batman topic I'm here as a fan just like everyone else.

Offline Aj sanatoya

• Initiate
    • youtube
Joker discussion
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 03:32:21 PM »
oh thank you
^_^

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
Re: Joker discussion
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 03:34:37 PM »
I split the topic , discuss the Joker all you like

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista