collapse

Author Topic: Bane  (Read 17391 times)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 12, 2024, 06:20:55 PM
Bane
« on: May 25, 2009, 06:45:18 AM »
To start, this is Bane's unofficial WIP thread. I'll be really starting full work on him after I'm done spriting for Rhino (which is nearly done, for now). Firstly, I'll show his design.

Non-Venom Pumped

Venom Overdose

(ANC helped a lot on coming up with these new designs. :) )

Pal ideas followed, with the first wacky one being his smart pal. Now, here comes the part where I ask the community for a little help. I know a lot of you guys can't sprite, but a lot want to contribute. So, what I'm asking for takes no artistic skill, just a little patience.

What I need is for someone to color separate (with directions on how to by myself) his lower bases colors. Which is Griffon (Garou: MotW) and I can send the sprites in PCX, or with a little time, PNG. Hell, if more then one person wants to help, the other can color separate Griffon's KoF sprites as that one'll probably have stuff the Garou one doesn't. Might just be a little wishful thinking there though. ;D

Asking for this help as I have things I'm helping others on along with three WIPs by myself. I realized recoloring his lower body takes about a third of the time it takes to make one of his sprites. I'm sure it has to do with simply getting bored, also, and my mind wandering off. ;*))

So, does anyone wanna help.? [-O<

-BatZ-
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 02:35:24 PM by Acey »

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Intermission

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 09, 2013, 05:07:39 PM
Re: Bane
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 07:31:20 AM »
Nice :)

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:32:46 AM »
shudnt he be a bit bigger?
taller like thawk or sagat?
are you workin wiv that other guy jaxximus i think? on him or just ur own?
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 08:35:06 AM »
nice, this is like one of your first n tru wips man,

%%-

it looks perfect zarro, cant wait to see what u cook up 4 him, btw love that nuke pal!!!

:w00t:

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 09:35:04 AM »
Nice :)

Thanks, man. :) Remember a single sprite edit you've done in the past of him and some Deanjo made also. I think those were where I really drew some tips from and eventually led to the design he has now. So, in the end, without knowing it, you actually did help out with his final look. ::salute::

shudnt he be a bit bigger?
taller like thawk or sagat?
are you workin wiv that other guy jaxximus i think? on him or just ur own?

Believe me, Bane will get much bigger. No need to worry on that. :)

As for Jmaxximus (not sure if I spelt that right), from what I've seen he's still working on his own Bane. Decided to take on Bane's spriting completely by myself, as I know how I want things done. If he ever needs tips/advice or anything though, I'd be happy to help him. :thumbsup:

nice, this is like one of your first n tru wips man,

%%-

it looks perfect zarro, cant wait to see what u cook up 4 him, btw love that nuke pal!!!

:w00t:

Not sure what you mean by first and true WIPs, but thanks, I suppose. :)

Glad you like his design as it's gone over quite a few changes. I have so much planned for him though, I can't wait.! :w00t:

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 09:41:02 AM »
Fantastic looking palettes, best of luck. I'm sure youll have no problem finding help on this one :thumbsup:

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 16, 2024, 11:19:05 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 11:14:56 AM »
Only the Unlimited can master the palettes so well. No one else even comes close. Also, that Bane, despite that fact that he look marvelous, looks like Jaxximus's Bane.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 12:29:28 PM »
Comparing him to your avatar . Rhino is so much bigger than him . Shouldn't Bane be about the same size as Rhino , then when he pumps up with venom he get's huge ? I have to agree with Juelz that he should be bigger to start .
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jmaxximus

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 02, 2022, 03:04:27 PM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 07:33:57 PM »
Comparing him to your avatar . Rhino is so much bigger than him . Shouldn't Bane be about the same size as Rhino , then when he pumps up with venom he get's huge ? I have to agree with Juelz that he should be bigger to start .

Sorry I would have disagree with you and agree with Batzarro. I know I'm making my own Bane but I have to leave some imput.

He's a master fighter and an tactician. He's alot smarter than DC is making him right know but he only uses enogh venom when he needs to dpending on who he's fighting. Against batman he would'nt use that much. Against killer croc he would use alot more just match his strength.

So over all I think he's on a great start.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 07:38:53 PM »
I'll help color separate. it doesn't look too tough.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 11:23:49 PM »
Fantastic looking palettes, best of luck. I'm sure youll have no problem finding help on this one :thumbsup:

Thanks. I actually already have a coder ready for him. :w00t:

Only the Unlimited can master the palettes so well. No one else even comes close. Also, that Bane, despite that fact that he look marvelous, looks like Jaxximus's Bane.

Thanks. :) Think he's reminding you of Jmax's Bane because we're both using Alex as the upper base.

There's two things I don't think you took into account. In my avy, Rhino is stretching out, Bane isn't. I know Rhino's bigger either way, even if he wasn't. Also, Bane is not suppose to be the same size as Rhino unless he takes venom, at that point he might be a bit bigger then him though. I mean, Bane was a decent amount bigger then Batman but if Bane were the same size as Rhino without being pumped, that'd be like comparing Rhino to Batman.. And Rhino is much bigger then Batman.

Sorry I would have disagree with you and agree with Batzarro. I know I'm making my own Bane but I have to leave some imput.

He's a master fighter and an tactician. He's alot smarter than DC is making him right know but he only uses enogh venom when he needs to dpending on who he's fighting. Against batman he would'nt use that much. Against killer croc he would use alot more just match his strength.

So over all I think he's on a great start.

QFT. :thumbsup:

Though, DC did give him a good amount of credit in Gotham Underground, which made me happy to see. :)

I'll help color separate. it doesn't look too tough.

Seems like someone else might be color separating his Garou sprites, but I might need someone to separate his KoF ones. So, I'll let you know by PM a little later. Thanks for the offer to help. ::salute::

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 12:19:58 AM »
Thanks. I actually already have a coder ready for him. :w00t:

No I meant spritewise.

I thought you said you were looking for help.

Just to clarify

Offline The Anvil

• Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 04:48:45 AM »
Bane looks great Bat.
I like how you did the palletting so he can have the suspenders on or off.

>:-(-| Intermission - That's the best Batman sprite i'v ever seen!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 06:41:28 AM »
Since people keep mentioning his size and don't get that's his non-Venom pumped version, I updated the first post with his Venom pumped version. The pal still needs some work though, as for now he can't be shirtless. o.O#

No I meant spritewise.

I thought you said you were looking for help.

Just to clarify

Oh, I actually did find some people to help with the color seperation. Someone I'd never thought took up the first offer. Someone else will be recoloring his KoF ones though. :)

Bane looks great Bat.
I like how you did the palletting so he can have the suspenders on or off.

>:-(-| Intermission - That's the best Batman sprite i'v ever seen!

Thanks. Been keeping up with your posts on Jubilee too, she's coming out great. :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline The Anvil

• Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 07:58:33 AM »
LOVING THE VENOM OVERDOSE!

Offline Intermission

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 09, 2013, 05:07:39 PM
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 09:10:19 AM »
I'll try to fix a bit your Venom Overdose
I hope u don't mind

Offline Bowasiel

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 02, 2015, 12:42:58 PM
  • He is coming....
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 10:16:25 AM »
Yeah Intermission now is better =) He looked like a giraffe

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 11:01:46 AM »
wow, hugo sprites and griffon sprites in the same character!

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 01:19:43 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for mixing Jaxximus' sprites with Intermission's sprites. Will the venom overdose be a hyper?
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 07:32:13 PM »
I'll try to fix a bit your Venom Overdose
I hope u don't mind

That looks much better. It did look off to me before, but now it's really working together. I'll be checking out what you did here and follow how it was done. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Almost forgot to mention, the color choices are really awesome. Especially the first one. Liking the new skin tones as well. Will be using 'em. If you wanna make anymore for either look, feel free. :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for mixing Jaxximus' sprites with Intermission's sprites. Will the venom overdose be a hyper?

I don't get why you keep bringing up Jmax and saying these are his sprites. This is MY WIP. Jmax wasn't the first to use Alex as a base for Bane, I doubt I was too. And I'm glad Intermission helped on the design of the Overdose version, but these aren't his sprites either..

(click to show/hide)

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 08:25:51 PM »
It does look much better. Sorry if I asked this but, since I simply love these bane sprites and all, will we see any screenshots of him in action?

Offline Jmaxximus

• Last Login:January 02, 2022, 03:04:27 PM
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 05:59:18 PM »
That looks much better. It did look off to me before, but now it's really working together. I'll be checking out what you did here and follow how it was done. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Almost forgot to mention, the color choices are really awesome. Especially the first one. Liking the new skin tones as well. Will be using 'em. If you wanna make anymore for either look, feel free. :)

I don't get why you keep bringing up Jmax and saying these are his sprites. This is MY WIP. Jmax wasn't the first to use Alex as a base for Bane, I doubt I was too. And I'm glad Intermission helped on the design of the Overdose version, but these aren't his sprites either..

Just to confirm everything my sprites (JMaxximus) have not been given to anyone. Batzarro is doing an awsome job and I deffinetly can't wait to see his final product. All the the sprites in this tread are all his. I had no hand in it. Batzarro it looks great.

TomBewley

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 06:02:39 PM »
Looking great!

Hopefully he'll be as great as he was in Batman and Robin, so true to the character

(click to show/hide)

I'm curious to see how the use of venom will play out in this character.

Looks like a lot of effort will be going into creating him, so I say enjoy you making him and I'll enjoy seeing more of him

;D

Offline celobateira

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 07, 2016, 03:29:37 PM
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 06:28:37 PM »
Good luck with this Batzarro

The Overdose idea is just great

Congrats
No one dies virgin, life f..k us all

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 07:24:16 PM »
Just to confirm everything my sprites (JMaxximus) have not been given to anyone. Batzarro is doing an awsome job and I deffinetly can't wait to see his final product. All the the sprites in this tread are all his. I had no hand in it. Batzarro it looks great.
o.O#
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 10:04:48 AM by Uche_of_IMT »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal