collapse

Author Topic: Release Party: Rhino  (Read 13586 times)

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
Re: Release Party: Rhino
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 06:55:59 PM »
 =D> =D> =D> Congratz! Great Release. Downloading now...

>:-(-| : Nice sig.

-"aPoC."

Offline Playing Enemy

• Portrait & Screenpack Creator
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:December 26, 2018, 03:59:17 PM
  • THE HARD GOODBYE
    • Royalty7 - The best decision I ever made
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 07:05:37 PM »
This isn't much, but have you thought about using maybe the lion's roar from mgm pictures as a sound effect for Rhino? It's not the best I guess, but it could be edited to sound like breathing and it has that low raspy growl that Rhino has already. The werewolf's growl from 300 might work too. Just thought I'd offer some input. I just think those added breathing efffects would really help him out.  :)

"Maybe I am what they say I am.  A maniac...a psycho killer."

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »
maybe the sound from the sega intro from chakan would work. closest to a rhino i can think of.
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline felideo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 16, 2023, 08:12:55 PM
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2009, 07:19:34 PM »
 :o  Nice Work !!!  very thanks  :thumbsup:

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2009, 07:47:13 PM »
Sweet, man! I've been waiting for this guy for... well, since I first found out you were making him.  :D

The details you've put into him so far totally make this character! Everyone involved in making this character are doing an amazing job.

After a little bit of testing, I haven't come across any bugs but I do have some opinions/ideas for you. Please keep in mind that these are just my own personal ravings, so please feel free to ignore them if you see fit:

- I know a lot of people are going to give me grief for this one, but I actually think his charge and gore moves might have better gameplay with "charge-back" commands rather than QC. This would let these moves play more like Hulk's Gamma Crush or Blanka's roll, where you could quickly use them to turn your defense into offense. It just "feels" right to me, you know? Like the motions are more in tune with what the character's actually doing. Like he's rearing back for a moment before charging forward at the opponent. To me, QC moves just don't seem very intuitive for these sorts of moves. A slightly different command structure might help him to stand out even more from the crowd, too.

- He could definitely use some envshake. OK, lots of envshake. Like on his landings or on any of the moves where he charges across the screen. Combine that with some heavier footstep sounds and it will really feel like he's rumbling across the screen, ready to smash whatever's in his way.

- Hyper move idea: Basically a "Hyper Gore", where Rhino impales P2 on his horn, lifts him in the air and shakes him around for a few seconds (preferably while yelling or growling), before launching them across the screen.

Just my 2 cents worth. Whatever you have in store for Rhino, I'll be anxiously waiting for the next version!

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2009, 08:04:52 PM »
actually i agree. i thought they were from first look

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline SND-Frostey

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 19, 2010, 12:08:26 PM
  • new WIP!
    • Frostey Dot Net
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2009, 08:23:21 PM »
 :o
You just made me a happy man... :)
New to the forum, dude.
Current WIP: Seth from Street Fighter 4 (sprites of) Login
Finished: Super Peanut Butter Man Login

Offline J.C.McMinis

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 16, 2011, 03:56:49 AM
  • All American Father
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »
Hey Batz great work on Rhino. Just a quick suggestion about the one hyper he has. I like the idea of the mulriple headbutts, however it strike me as kind of blah that there is no coup de gras at the end. Perhaps have him do the three headbutts and than have him flip them behind him like in the D,B K special move.

"If we forget One Nation Under God, then we are a nation gone under" Ronald Regan.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2009, 08:48:04 PM »
I'm loving that backhand of his. looks like it was fun to sprite.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:12:37 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2009, 08:55:38 PM »
Updated your 1st post Batzarro with permanent link's to both Rhino and Rhino's Rampage stage  :thumbsup:

Offline InsanEvil

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 11, 2015, 06:50:44 PM
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2009, 09:06:27 PM »
Question:
Why Rhino has hoofs?

Suggestion:
Add this move from Sodom but without the 'explosion' in the end, will be awesome  :thumbsup:

Brute Force FTW  :P

Anyway THANKS a HUGH THANKS for this AWESOME RELEASE  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2009, 09:14:13 PM »
sry zarro, but he is my new favorite punch bag.

Offline mugen215

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 07, 2013, 05:23:11 PM
    • Email

Offline SPITERMAN

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 25, 2022, 06:10:49 PM
  • SPITERMAN
    • SPITERMAN
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2009, 10:03:15 PM »
 :o zvitor your Spiderman is AMAZING

EXCELSIOR ::salute::

zvitor your Spiderman is AMAZING.  ^:)^

EXCELSIOR:: salute::

I HOPE THAT SOON I SHOULD BE LIBERATED  [-O<
IT SEEMS SPECTACULAR  IN THIS VIDEO  =D>

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2009, 11:23:28 PM »
Wow Rhino is some amazing original work.  I had to try him before I commented.   ;D

And wow Spiderman is totally the man with all those web moves.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2009, 12:27:04 AM »
Again, thank you all. All these comments let me know we've done good on Rhino and will keep at him. If anyone finds any bugs, please post them. Will only be helpful. :)

Now, on to what'll be the longest post ever by me as I need to reply to a few people. lol

oh yea, already saw that sprites...
(click to show/hide)
lol lol lol
u already have rhino sprites to do my sugestion hyper, u will need some backgrounds and effects to do that. my sugestion is:
"Juggernaut vs Kitty Pryde in X3 movie"

lol Actually, added on to that animation and that will be his regular grab. Though, it won't play out that way. :D

I actually see what you mean about the hyper. Would technically be a grab.. Hmm.. That's a pretty good idea. I'll look into it and see if something could be done like that. :)

Awesome release, wasn't expecting Rhino to be made so quickly.  After playing a few rounds with him I found a quick bug:

-If you get hit while doing the Stone Star, Rhino will be stuck at whatever height he was at when he got hit.

Wasn't actually that quick. Guess it does feel that way though since no vid was posted 'til now. I'll pass the bug on to MG. :thumbsup:

:o  I didn't even know Rhino was in the release party  ;)

It feels like Christmas around this place with all these releases .

Congrats on this one zarro

Thanks, man. Been a long fun journey working on Rhino and it'll only continue. :thumbsup:

feels like honakah one day one or two realeases

Better then socks though, right.? :D

:D congrats on finally getting your beta out  :w00t: Was anxiously waiting for some kinda news.
gotta say though...the head looks discolored and disproportionate.

*idea* give him a special like God Rugal's hyper that smashes p2 against the walls but, of course, he uses his horn instead.

At the times, at some angles, his head might seem a bit small. Not sure about the discoloration you've mentioned though. If it needs work though, palettes are always easy to make. :)

And had an idea like that for him already. :thumbsup:

Agreed. I too wish he'd make him feel heavier.

Congratulations on this character Batzarro, best beta so far!

As mentioned by other members already, Rhino plays very smoothly. I'm very impressed.

Palette work is top notch.

Transition between anims, combo capabilities and playability is very good as well.

No bugs found, then again I only played with him for about 3 mins.. lol

Great beta all around.  :thumbsup:

Thanks. :) I think with a few little things added, he could feel like a heavier char.

=D> =D> =D> Congratz! Great Release. Downloading now...

>:-(-| : Nice sig.

-"aPoC."

Thanks, man. That Punisher of yours is bad @ss and was happy to be able and use him in the vid. Especially since Rhino's last few apperances were in War Journal. We could try for a special intro down the line if you'd be up for it. :thumbsup:

Oh, and just wanted my sig to match the rest of you guys. :)

This isn't much, but have you thought about using maybe the lion's roar from mgm pictures as a sound effect for Rhino? It's not the best I guess, but it could be edited to sound like breathing and it has that low raspy growl that Rhino has already. The werewolf's growl from 300 might work too. Just thought I'd offer some input. I just think those added breathing efffects would really help him out.  :)

There's already some good sounds we haven't used yet. So, just stay tuned as I'm sure the next update with have plenty more. :)

Sweet, man! I've been waiting for this guy for... well, since I first found out you were making him.  :D

The details you've put into him so far totally make this character! Everyone involved in making this character are doing an amazing job.

After a little bit of testing, I haven't come across any bugs but I do have some opinions/ideas for you. Please keep in mind that these are just my own personal ravings, so please feel free to ignore them if you see fit:

- I know a lot of people are going to give me grief for this one, but I actually think his charge and gore moves might have better gameplay with "charge-back" commands rather than QC. This would let these moves play more like Hulk's Gamma Crush or Blanka's roll, where you could quickly use them to turn your defense into offense. It just "feels" right to me, you know? Like the motions are more in tune with what the character's actually doing. Like he's rearing back for a moment before charging forward at the opponent. To me, QC moves just don't seem very intuitive for these sorts of moves. A slightly different command structure might help him to stand out even more from the crowd, too.

- He could definitely use some envshake. OK, lots of envshake. Like on his landings or on any of the moves where he charges across the screen. Combine that with some heavier footstep sounds and it will really feel like he's rumbling across the screen, ready to smash whatever's in his way.

- Hyper move idea: Basically a "Hyper Gore", where Rhino impales P2 on his horn, lifts him in the air and shakes him around for a few seconds (preferably while yelling or growling), before launching them across the screen.

Just my 2 cents worth. Whatever you have in store for Rhino, I'll be anxiously waiting for the next version!

You might have a point there with the structure of his commands. Though, I never really liked using characters where you had to charge up the move like that. So, not sure if that'll be happening, will keep it in mind though.

Envshake is definitely going to be added to a few things to give him that whole heavy feel. :)

The hyper idea sounds like something that might be included in another hyper. :thumbsup:

Hey Batz great work on Rhino. Just a quick suggestion about the one hyper he has. I like the idea of the mulriple headbutts, however it strike me as kind of blah that there is no coup de gras at the end. Perhaps have him do the three headbutts and than have him flip them behind him like in the D,B K special move.

The hyper he has right now is going to have some great stuff added on to it and changed a bit. Will be a pretty unique hyper when it's complete. ;D

I'm loving that backhand of his. looks like it was fun to sprite.

It was fun to sprite. Most of it was, actually. :P

Updated your 1st post Batzarro with permanent link's to both Rhino and Rhino's Rampage stage  :thumbsup:

Aw, yea.! Thanks.! :w00t:

Question:
Why Rhino has hoofs?

Suggestion:
Add this move from Sodom but without the 'explosion' in the end, will be awesome  :thumbsup:

Brute Force FTW  :P

Anyway THANKS a HUGH THANKS for this AWESOME RELEASE  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Not really suppose to be hoofs exactly, more like the real rhino animal has nails.

That move works for Sodom though because he has weapons. Imagine how awkward and weird Rhino would move if he did that same move using his head instead. Just don't think it'd work, but thanks for the suggestion.

sry zarro, but he is my new favorite punch bag.

That vid was pretty awesome. Seems like a fight they'd actually have in the cartoon or comic. :thumbsup:

Was funny too, 'cause it seemed like Rhino was getting really p*ssed that Spidey wouldn't stay on the ground long enough for him to do anything. :D

Wow Rhino is some amazing original work.  I had to try him before I commented.   ;D

And wow Spiderman is totally the man with all those web moves.

Thanks, man. Tried my best to steer him away from being any type of Zangief clone. ::salute::

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline lideroptimus

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 21, 2014, 05:50:45 PM
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2009, 01:19:26 AM »
Great beta, has quality, like Vulture.
Keep it going man, thanks and thanks for share.

Offline show552

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 05, 2011, 11:14:25 AM
  • We Are venom
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2009, 01:44:30 AM »
Thnx For this man Awesome!!! :o
Check this out Cool game --> BiteFight Server 1 -

Offline SolidZone 26

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 07, 2021, 06:18:18 AM
  • My avatar is back...
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2009, 02:33:04 AM »
Congrats on the release. I shall give him a try soon. :thumbsup:

Offline alex87

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 24, 2021, 05:11:57 PM
    • Skype - alexoso87
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2009, 04:07:09 AM »
thanks and congrats^^

Offline Snakebyte

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 26, 2021, 09:56:15 PM
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2009, 05:48:55 AM »
This is definitely a beta. However, it shows INSANE promise. Aside from more moves, the only problems I see are lack of voices (which you said are coming) and that he still has that freaking random yellow ring when he's knocked down in the corner, same as Punisher.

Pisses me off to no end <_<

Offline Mugen_Master

• Last Login:August 16, 2009, 03:58:01 AM
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2009, 08:32:34 AM »
Fantastic!!! =D> =D>

______Mugen_Master______

Offline InsanEvil

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 11, 2015, 06:50:44 PM
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2009, 08:42:01 AM »

That move works for Sodom though because he has weapons. Imagine how awkward and weird Rhino would move if he did that same move using his head instead. Just don't think it'd work, but thanks for the suggestion.

You don't even need the weapon, since the hand of soddom are almost grabbing the body of the opponent, just need few changes and will be a awesome hit for Rhino

Here is a example

I hope you can understand me better.  :P

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2009, 09:41:19 AM »
You don't even need the weapon, since the hand of soddom are almost grabbing the body of the opponent, just need few changes and will be a awesome hit for Rhino

Here is a example

I hope you can understand me better.  :P

that actually sounds pretty decent.

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline volzzilla

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2009, 10:25:29 AM »
Sorry late to the party, good beta release Zarro :)
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal