collapse

Author Topic: SMvC: EoH beta 4.6 Bug Report  (Read 11693 times)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
Re: SMvC: EoH beta 4.6 Bug Report
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2009, 10:00:51 AM »
I don't know if this has been reported yet, but Zangief is able to do a Street Fighter 3 Parry. That's right; A parry. EoH team, please remove the parry.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2009, 01:07:02 PM »
Good catch. We still need to attack the guard push and apparently random parries as well.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2009, 01:22:50 PM »
Actually, I just found this now, in the movelist. Quoted word for word.

'Zangief has a Mvc2 mode if you hold start when you select him. He has some Cvs2 sprite with includes parry and running.'

Fortunately, that seems to be the only time the word 'parry' is written in the movelist.

EDIT: Oh, and have you fixed Megaman's Sawblade Infinite? And you might want to reduce the amount of time characters have to guard against that particular attack.

Post Merge: August 15, 2009, 07:50:36 PM
Another Report: John Talbain can chain his L.Kick, starting at close range, up to FIFTEEN times in a row for CHEAP HUGE DAMAGE. EoH Team, please fix this. He can also do a L.Punch repeat for 8-9 times in a row, though it's not as bad as the light kick.

Now, I have a question; Isn't it possible to set up a character's code so that the character can't chain a Normal into itself? It works fine with L.Punches and L.Kicks in games like King of Fighters, but since you chain different normals into each other in a VS game, I think it's perfectly alright to remove the ability to do repeat-normal chains in EoH. It would remove a good deal of the problems in the game for starters. I've seen the same dilemma with Captain America and Charlie, and that's only the tip of the iceberg.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:50:36 PM by novasod »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2009, 12:14:54 AM »
Now, I have a question; Isn't it possible to set up a character's code so that the character can't chain a Normal into itself?

absolutely, it just has to be done for each move when you find that the current set of code for one reason or another isn't doing it automatically allready. In general there is not blanket code to just automatically not allow chaining into the same normal move.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2009, 11:33:01 AM »
I don't know if these have been reported yet, but here goes.

1.I did hear that the Shotokan Jab (F+LP repeatedly) problem has been fixed for the next update, but did you fix this one? Ryu can chain his MP repeatedly, over and over again until the opponent is KO'd. You don't even have to move forward!

2.Captain America's un-shielded Dragon Punch does WAY to much damage, but that's because for whatever reason, it does multiple hits. Take out the multiple hits, and we're good.

3.Crashman's launcher is...awkward. It's kind of difficult to describe it fully. In any case, just make it like the average launcher. Don't let it end abruptly, let Crashman connect to the opponent after the launcher properly, etc.

4.Another problem with Crashman. His D,F+P can easily be used as infinite if done repeatedly, like Sagat's projectile, or Megaman's Metalman projectile.

5.Yet ANOTHER problem with Crashman. His Dragon Punch does WAY too much damage if it hits an airborne opponent.

EoH Team, please fix all of these bugs.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2009, 08:00:51 PM »
Since MVC2 came out for the PSN Network I have downloaded it and I have been comparing Eoh Character in the Beta to those in the game seeing what quirks needed to be changed. Not so that they can be exactly like MVC2 but so that the EOh can take what MVC2 had and build on it plus or minus a few things. I say we as a Community should Band together and Each take one character study it in the Beta of Eoh and test it against every character in the Eoh to see what we can find out and do bug reports so that it wont be vastly on one person shoulder. this will help get this projects bug and fixes down and ready to go. We could even announce which character we would like to bug test and report back here findings. Does anyone agree on this? Also Laspacho could you do me a favor and unlock my Character Testings thread please sir?

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2009, 08:40:40 PM »
...could you do me a favor and unlock my Character Testings thread please sir?

Done.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2009, 09:09:59 PM »
Since MVC2 came out for the PSN Network I have downloaded it and I have been comparing Eoh Character in the Beta to those in the game seeing what quirks needed to be changed. Not so that they can be exactly like MVC2 but so that the EOh can take what MVC2 had and build on it plus or minus a few things. I say we as a Community should Band together and Each take one character study it in the Beta of Eoh and test it against every character in the Eoh to see what we can find out and do bug reports so that it wont be vastly on one person shoulder. this will help get this projects bug and fixes down and ready to go. We could even announce which character we would like to bug test and report back here findings. Does anyone agree on this? Also Laspacho could you do me a favor and unlock my Character Testings thread please sir?

You are saying 'We should test the characters so that they are balanced, unlike the unbalanced MvC2", right?

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2009, 09:14:48 PM »
exactly so that we can help Acey and the team with bugs and fixes and balance issues.
Done.
Thanks man :thumbsup:

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2009, 11:04:21 AM »
If you report it, we will fix it.  :thumbsup:

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2009, 01:10:55 PM »
it shall be done. visit my thread often as i will be adding more stuff. the only way ill let you know if its updated when im through testing a character but it will be updated basically everyday

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2009, 03:13:08 PM »
it shall be done. visit my thread often as i will be adding more stuff. the only way ill let you know if its updated when im through testing a character but it will be updated basically everyday
remember bro, some characters get ingame version changes.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2009, 04:56:50 PM »
yes i forgot bout that. that makes it harder slightly because i may not have up to date version of a character. if i can somehow know whether it is an update version or not that would help.

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »
yes i forgot bout that. that makes it harder slightly because i may not have up to date version of a character. if i can somehow know whether it is an update version or not that would help.
mostly they can be found either at the wiki or the main site....as for kong's characters they can be downloaded from his mediafire page with version dates, or here at the main site.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2009, 05:14:01 PM »
ok thanks

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2009, 05:33:51 PM »
But all of Kong's chars should be tested in the project due to many of the changes they went through going into EoH.

Offline Jesuscroid

• Nips
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:October 03, 2012, 12:36:51 PM
  • Nips
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2009, 05:36:20 PM »
I found this while playing in Survival, when I lose, this appears, with the level select images:

Offline sp3ctr3

• Last Login:November 29, 2009, 02:15:48 PM
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2009, 02:31:48 AM »
Had it crash 2 times yesterday while in wathc mode. Was watching 4 vs 4. Spiderman vs Ibuki. Spidey was midair doing a super. it started up fine with the giant web in the background and ibuki covered in web but then it crashed.

Other was 4 vs 4 and Hydron (player 2) beasted the whole (player 1) team. At the end of the match the game crashed just after Hydron did his win pose.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2009, 09:12:11 PM »
Cool, keep the reports coming.

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2009, 11:56:15 PM »
Hey Acey, will Hulk's gamma charge have it's charge time slowed down so its not as spammable? I found myself using that strategy so much I would just beat the cpu to a pulp on gamma charge alone.
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline Gone2Far

• Last Login:March 29, 2011, 08:10:18 PM
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2009, 03:59:05 PM »
I have discovered that certain characters will sometimes freeze during a fight (usually in their "hurt" poses) and then "glide" along the floor towards the right and up the screen, never to be found again. The only way to win the match then is to wait for the timer to run out, if you had more hp. The characters I've experienced with this is Ryu and Jill (fighting them with Ken).

Another glitch, if it is one, is that when you lose in survival mode, your character stands in the middle and level select stages appear.

And last but not least, sometimes characters like Rogue and Storm who could fly, flies OFF the screen and never returns. One time, Ryu performing a Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (hurricane kick, whatever you want) and went straight up the screen, gone forever. It was kind of funny to be honest.   =D>

Great job with the game however, keep it up!  :w00t:

Offline lilorangemunkey

• Last Login:October 10, 2009, 12:09:24 PM
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2009, 10:08:37 AM »
ive just downloaded this game. fan bloody tastic. however ive got a few problems.firstly it takes a while to boot up and secondly it seems to crash on the symbiote onslaught level. im wondering if this is due to my computer not being powerful enough. i shouldnt tthink this is the case as it is fairly new. any help wud be groovy.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2009, 10:56:26 AM »
Even with a powerful computer the problem may simply being that all of your resources are being used by Windows, especially if you're running Vista.

Right now I'm running 2 Gb of RAM on my dsktop with over 1,000 characters in mugen.

Offline lilorangemunkey

• Last Login:October 10, 2009, 12:09:24 PM
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2009, 03:55:05 PM »
thanks for reply. its windows xp, ill give clsoing down as many programs as poss a go, see if that makes a diffrent. nice one.

Offline Deoial

• Last Login:January 27, 2010, 04:17:51 PM
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2009, 12:56:35 AM »
havn't had a chance to read all the replys to this so dunno if these problems have been addressed or not but here's what I've found

Roll deals no damage after using her rockball,

Sentinel randomly stops dealing damage all together as does omega red

black cats got some strange sound issues

Electman is really really overpowered i can get a 63 hit combo just using a combination of thunderbolt and hit  :2 :6 :bp :bp super over and over (combo could get higher they die before they ever touch ground again)

I dunno if when my copy crashed it messed up a file with Jin but recently when Jin is used the game crashes and gives me a warning next time I get it I'll paste it in here

just personal opinion but Sagats fireball recovery time needs to be increased its possible to completely juggle someone for an entire round by chaining hi low hi low low hi over and over

sometimes in vs mode when ya get Symbyote Onslaught on random he doesn't load ( >:-(-|had a random random fight with a friend we both got Symbyote Onslaught was epic)

i know Anita is still a work in progress but the worst bug with her I've found so far is sometimes her sword vanishes and all shes left with to attack is her fireball and fireball super (still love Anita kudos to whoever put her together :) )

Cammy seems to deal way way way less damage then the rest of the people (its like shes doing block dmg)

sometimes Haggar when he does his choke grab the opponents sprite will fly out of his grasp leaving him in the grab position till he gets hit

the Megaman Iceman sometimes comes in under the X-man Icemans entrance

when Sonsons gets hit out of her POW super after the super connects it freezes the opponents sprite on top of the food until they get hit

so far thats what ive found and i LOVE this game you guys are doing an amazing job

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal