collapse

Author Topic: Rap good or bad?  (Read 2515 times)

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 19, 2017, 08:07:22 PM
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
Rap good or bad?
« on: January 02, 2009, 05:30:17 AM »
im making this to hear your opinions on what you think of rap please do not get offensive at a past post just state your opinion you can defend it just do it nicely and dont bash a rapper so we can avoid a flame war i dont want a flame war

Offline R.I.C.O - Twon

• I llu M ina T i
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:August 25, 2013, 10:18:26 PM
  • WHOOP R.I.C.O!!!
Re: Rap good or bad?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:34:48 AM »
Dont really listen to new artists, I find myself listening to older artists and old stuff
OMGZ My e-feelings!!! (cheekslap)

Offline KageSempai

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 05, 2015, 09:07:39 PM
  • THE SHADOWS ARE INFINITE
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 07:29:26 AM »
well muta this a great topic and i was asking my friends about this in my school about this. Personally it depends on what you rap about. I dont like most new school rap because most of them usually talk about (excuse my french) girls being bitches and hoes and things and i am highly against the disrespect of women. However most or some of them talk about how they became rich or famous and what they had to go through to get where they are now. Some of them just rap about nothing (not gonna mention any names *cough cough soulja boi cough* j/k) Anyway it depends on who you are listening to actually it doesnt it just matters about what they are talking about!!
Beware your shadow, I could be there to get you

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 07:30:37 AM »
I don't like rap as I prefer rock music. I listen to Blues Rock mostly and I have gotten into the hypnotic rock from the 60's. :D

A good example of hypnotic rock is The Moving Sidewalks band which they turned into what ZZ Top is today(Billy Gibbons was from The Moving Sidewalks band). Here is another fact, the ZZ Top band is 40 years old now.

Rap is not my thing and its gonna take a long time for me to get used to music that uses lyrics so heavily if I was forced to listen to the music.

Offline KageSempai

• Initiate
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 07:34:20 AM »
Posted by: nick09
I don't like rap as I prefer rock music. I listen to Blues Rock mostly and I have gotten into the hypnotic rock from the 60's. laugh

A good example of hypnotic rock is The Moving Sidewalks band which they turned into what ZZ Top is today(Billy Gibbons was from The Moving Sidewalks band). Here is another fact, the ZZ Top band is 40 years old now.

Rap is not my thing and its gonna take a long time for me to get used to music that uses lyrics so heavily if I was forced to listen to the music.

Why dont you like rap nick :(   All of it isnt bad

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 07:35:03 AM »
Rap is good. I think a lot of todays stuff isnt as creative, but for every trendy top 40 Rap artist theres a 80/90's counterpart like Cypress Hill, Public Enemy, NWA, Body Count, Beastie Boys, ICP,and lot of others. Rap just need to get retro, an bring back DJ's and sampeling, and have a message.

Offline KageSempai

• Initiate
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 07:42:26 AM »
I agree wit alex, they really talked about themes back in the day like the consequences of using marajaunia <<<<< just an example

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 07:44:28 AM »
agreed i like metal of all kinds im not a rap fan i was but when 2003 came along thats when it got bad for me so i switched slowly to rock took getting used to after what i listened to but i realised it sounded better and better ever time a rap song came out then i heard some old metallica and i got addicted to metal lol

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 07:46:59 AM »
Well... Rap is relatively new to me really. Rap just never caught onto me. I just like the sound of the guitar more than the lyrics. I have heard that Rock and Rap bands have made albums together but I don't know any.

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 07:48:24 AM »
Well... Rap is relatively new to me really. Rap just never caught onto me. I just like the sound of the guitar more than the lyrics. I have heard that Rock and Rap bands have made albums together but I don't know any.
anthrax and public enemy areosmith and run dmc but those were good

Offline KageSempai

• Initiate
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 07:52:47 AM »
well I understand wat u mean cause the moment I heard the new school stuff it totally like wanting to just burn ALL my rap stuff but you should give it a chance :) I mean you don't have too but you should listen to the old school rap like rakim he's good and clean.

I have heard that Rock and Rap bands have made albums together but I don't know any.

Uhhhhhhh wasnt it 50 cent and nickelback or something like that??

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 07:54:16 AM »
well I understand wat u mean cause the moment I heard the new school stuff it totally like wanting to just burn ALL my rap stuff but you should give it a chance :) I mean you don't have too but you should listen to the old school rap like rakim he's good and clean.

I have heard that Rock and Rap bands have made albums together but I don't know any.

Uhhhhhhh wasnt it 50 cent and nickelback or something like that??
i do listen to the old stuff lol also i tired of wangsters to the little wannabe gangsters they just give gangsters a bad name and rap

Offline KageSempai

• Initiate
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 08:01:06 AM »
lolz well me I like any kinds of muic as long as it respects women, isnt racist and makes at least one bit of sense

Offline aquelegordo1

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 05, 2018, 06:38:05 PM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 08:11:36 AM »
He was rap that it saved the rock of the certain death. In such a way at the beginning of the decade of 80 how much, in the 90 and so on.
first moment: Run dmc and aerosmith.
second moment: Ice t and Motorhead.
third moment: jay z and linkin park.
without counting to the meeting of (onix and biohazard, anthrax and public enemy, cypress hill and rage against the machine) and many others

Offline aristotle

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 24, 2013, 05:36:53 PM
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 08:15:23 AM »
music is music. not everyone is gonna like everything. i myself do listen to ALL kinds of music, and enjoy bits and pieces of each genre. rap music pays my bills so it's not that bad. if rap music is soo bad and the new music is terrible, then why do i have millions of requests to play those songs 50% of the time.

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 08:20:35 AM »
music is music. not everyone is gonna like everything. i myself do listen to ALL kinds of music, and enjoy bits and pieces of each genre. rap music pays my bills so it's not that bad. if rap music is soo bad and the new music is terrible, then why do i have millions of requests to play those songs 50% of the time.
no i know that but its because of the wangsters that that music is popularand mtv and bet that imo is why its so popular and metal linkin park and slipknot there numetal which alot of metal fans that listen to oldstuff and underground bands hate which is another point metal isnt meant to be mainstream thats why theres so little that like it its like an underground style if it went mainstream im sure it would get just as many listeners as rap but they dont make a video for every one of there songs like rappers thats why a majority of mtv is rap nowdays because metal bands refuse to make vids

Offline Kid Chyllen™♪

• The Young Lion
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 07, 2012, 07:13:43 AM
  • Smash Bros. 4 Coming to you in 2013 !
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 10:05:51 AM »
im making this to hear your opinions on what you think of rap please do not get offensive at a past post just state your opinion you can defend it just do it nicely and dont bash a rapper so we can avoid a flame war i dont want a flame war

Now-a-days, Hip-Hop depends on who you listen too.
I don't listen to that new crap cause it sounds wack (Lil Wayne, T.I, 50 Cent)
I listen to old skool (NaS, Rakim, Ice Cube, Biggie Smalls, 2-Pac)

this is a REAL Hip-Hop song right here,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCQZcgzp4E&hl=en&fs=1
this is a FAKE Hip-Hop song right here,

I can't believe some people think that this is Hip-Hop.
They're not even rapping. Com'on!

Offline Kid Chyllen™♪

• The Young Lion
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 07, 2012, 07:13:43 AM
  • Smash Bros. 4 Coming to you in 2013 !
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 10:06:37 AM »
I don't like rap as I prefer rock music. I listen to Blues Rock mostly and I have gotten into the hypnotic rock from the 60's. laugh

Why dont you like rap nick :(   All of it isnt bad

Some of it is bad these days...

Offline mugen215

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 07, 2013, 05:23:11 PM
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 10:33:45 AM »
Ok I read all of your post! No offense but you all are just too young to really know real hip hop! but most people only know what presented in the main stream any way! Hip Hop is for the streets and its about real life with small exaggeration included! Its an art form that consists of talent and ability, creativity in dance thought (lyrical word delievery) graphic art(grapheeti) etc! Hip is =Knowing...Hop= movement... HIP+HOP cultural movement!

Gangstarr, Herioglyphics, WUTANG CLAN, Boot Camp Click, TRIBE CALLED QUEST, DE LA SOUL all of which is 90's and  some now

But I think many of 2days corn balls are using this banner of HIP HOP is insulting! HIP POP
is what is should be called
And as for the women! Call it for what it is and that is truth! Every women isnt a GODDESS or QUEEN just like every women isnt a bee-otch but its about identification!

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 10:43:33 AM »
Ok I read all of your post! No offense but you all are just too young to really know real hip hop! but most people only know what presented in the main stream any way! Hip Hop is for the streets and its about real life with small exaggeration included! Its an art form that consists of talent and ability, creativity in dance thought (lyrical word delievery) graphic art(grapheeti) etc! Hip is =Knowing...Hop= movement... HIP+HOP cultural movement!

Gangstarr, Herioglyphics, WUTANG CLAN, Boot Camp Click, TRIBE CALLED QUEST, DE LA SOUL all of which is 90's and  some now

But I think many of 2days corn balls are using this banner of HIP HOP is insulting! HIP POP
is what is should be called
And as for the women! Call it for what it is and that is truth! Every women isnt a GODDESS or QUEEN just like every women isnt a bee-otch but its about identification!
yes hip hop is what i like rap is crap and iknow a little more about rap and hip hop then you might think lol as i mentioned i was a big hip hop and rap fan

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 10:51:18 AM »
Rap is going through a Poppy Top 40 phase, it happens to a lot of Music. Real Rap with start bubbeling out of the underground, same as it did for Rock in the late 60's and 70's. Even Country has an Underground bubbeling up in response to the pop crap that gets played.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 11:21:38 AM »
I really think rap went downhill in the early 2000's... it just got pointless... so I'm sticking to rock & alternative rock.

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 11:50:05 AM »
I stop listening to most of the rap songs they have now. The only rapper and producer I listen to is Psyche Origami & J Dilla

Offline mastamasta

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 26, 2010, 01:54:40 PM
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 11:59:04 AM »
R.I.P. J Dilla

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 11:59:58 AM »
I dont think its a matter of rap bein good or bad i mean all music gets commercial after people start listenin to it and its the pop aspect that gives ppl there perspective on it bcuz the pop version of any genre of music that gets the most radio play. Rappers rap about what they see if they say som bout bitches they are talking about bitches not the whole women race any lyric in any song if it dont apply to you you cant take it to heart.
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar