collapse

Author Topic: Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li *Official Rant Thread*  (Read 3263 times)

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
Re: Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li [trailer 12-29]
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2009, 05:00:49 AM »
but i know you all gonna watch this is cinema,onces its release and dont deny that! :D

you can't run, because its capcom's work :O*D

Offline KageSempai

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 05, 2015, 09:07:39 PM
  • THE SHADOWS ARE INFINITE
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2009, 07:32:10 AM »
lol yea but i and im sure true street fighter fans  wont waste $10 to see it on the big screen i'll just wait till it comes on youtube
Beware your shadow, I could be there to get you

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2009, 07:37:03 AM »
lol yea but i and im sure true street fighter fans  wont waste $10 to see it on the big screen i'll just wait till it comes on youtube

What I want to know is what you think makes a true Street Fighter fan because all this "true fan" BS sounds like some childish crap.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline KageSempai

• Initiate
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 07:40:49 AM »
i apologize i didnt mean to offend/disrespect you or anyone else in anyway I just thought that everyone would think this movie wasn't gonna be all that good because of how it was <<< true street fighter fans. again i apologize

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2009, 08:09:01 AM »
i apologize i didnt mean to offend/disrespect you or anyone else in anyway I just thought that everyone would think this movie wasn't gonna be all that good because of how it was <<< true street fighter fans. again i apologize

Naw man don't sweat it. I was just asking, although the way I did sounded pretty harsh.  ;)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline KageSempai

• Initiate
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2009, 08:10:29 AM »
But since you said that, wat's your take on the movie asian jesus? do you think its gonna be good?

Offline Kid Chyllen™♪

• The Young Lion
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 07, 2012, 07:13:43 AM
  • Smash Bros. 4 Coming to you in 2013 !
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2009, 10:20:51 AM »
WTF? Balrog with a Bazooka? o.O# Com'on... \-/o Stupid movie writers...
Why aren't they in they're f-in costumes?
So far, the only movie that's GOOD that I've
ever seen based off of a video game is the Live Action MK movie.
Most of them are in they're real costumes.
Why can't they do that with this movie?

DAMMIT!

This movie is a JOKE.

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2009, 02:15:18 PM »
you all dont get it... if you're in a ComiCon you will wear any anime costumes you want but if its a real life battle or a real life movie or what ever it is you will look stupid if you wear cosplay suits and i have a point there...

thats why they turned off other's costumes.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2009, 02:26:34 PM »
I will see this...in 20 years, when I'm too old to give a crap about Street Fighter. :-w (:|
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 19, 2017, 08:07:22 PM
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2009, 02:32:26 PM »
you all dont get it... if you're in a ComiCon you will wear any anime costumes you want but if its a real life battle or a real life movie or what ever it is you will look stupid if you wear cosplay suits and i have a point there...

thats why they turned off other's costumes.
it would look stupid with what there doing but if it was a street fighter tournement just fightining it would not look weird cause ive seen people pull off the costume pretty well if it wasnt an action film it would look just as good as anything

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2009, 02:35:02 PM »
Looks about as crappy as Dragonball
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2009, 06:10:16 PM »
if they use original costumes then you will see Ryu with those Begarrly clothes that never get washed. and it will be weird really weird

imagine a man wearing bandana[in real life] , looks corny

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2009, 11:14:57 PM »
if they use original costumes then you will see Ryu with those Begarrly clothes that never get washed. and it will be weird really weird

imagine a man wearing bandana[in real life] , looks corny
no it wouldnt because ppl know who ryu is and what he does -.-

Offline inspecterclouseau

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 18, 2009, 04:07:28 PM
  • I hope she made Lotsa spaghetti
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2009, 10:47:55 PM »
Hopefully they will do a retake and put the chars in there correct costume.

Userbar 2 by L.G. userbar 1 by The dude Z avy by r15

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2009, 11:29:42 PM »
Hopefully they will do a retake and put the chars in there correct costume.
Hopefully they can the whole damn thing along with the dragonball movie
(click to show/hide)

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2009, 12:44:28 AM »
Really. You know, I wanna say I'm surprised, but I'd be lying. I only read all of the posts on pages 1 and 5, I haven't watched the trailer yet, but this happens ALL THE DAMN TIME. People make a big fuss about a movie because it tries to go in a different direction from it's original source so that it's fans (and the NEW ones it is trying to bring in) something new. Well, I for one, welcome something DIFFERENT in the SF storyline. Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't have your own opinion about the movie, though it may seem that way, cause we are all entitled to your own opinions. But I would like to ask some of you that are dissing the movie already to try to have an open mind. As it has been said before Balrog with a bazooka is NOT that hard to see. Because...

1) He IS a member of Shadowloo/Shadowlaw after all, and they ARE a military faction. Why wouldn't they use weapons where it calls for it. Not to mention...

2) Isn't Balrog notorious for being banned from normal boxing circuits in the SF cannon for illegal techniques and such. Last I remember he was an underground boxer now, participating in illegal boxing matches like Fight Club and such.

3) In the SF comic series by UDON, they stayed pretty damn close to SF cannon and in there Balrog didn't just BOX. As one of Bison's head men I don't think his position would be so minimal as that.

4) Any of you nay-sayers seen SFIIV? That stayed pretty damn close to cannon as well, while telling a story of a YOUNG Ken, Ryu and Chun-li. In there Zangeif was one of Bison's henchmen, Cammy was an assassin-for-hire, and Balrog was here contact when Bison hired her to kill Chun-li's father...and what do you know, HE was wearing a suit.

Gawd, according to they way some of you condemn this movie and according to your reasons why, I would think that Balrog, for instance, should do NOTHING more than be a boxer that works for Bison. Other than that he should do NOTHING different.

While that worked in SFII: The Animated Motion Picture, you gotta remember that his appearance there was really nothing more than a cameo...then again even there he was more than just some boxer.

P.S. I know that it looks like I was just defending Balrog here, but this was just the one example that I was thinking of at the moment. If you want me to take up even MORE space in this thread, I'm sure that I can come up with arguments for the REST of your discrepancies >:D Bottom line, give stuff a chance BEFORE you condemn it. Now, had this movie been rumored to be directed by that HORRIBLE wannabe director, Uwe Bol, then I say condemn away. What he did with House of the Dead and Bloodrayne can NEVER be forgiven...though I did enjoy the first one ONLY cause of Christana Locken (sp?) and Michelle Rodriguez ;D

NOTE: I too am NOT pleased with the plot of DB: Evolution...I think they went WAY too far outta the park with THAT one. Though the girls playing Bulma and the other Asian assassin look good, I just don't see ANYTHING there that looks cannon with DB/Z/GT L-)

Hope this didn't offend anyone as that was not my intention...I simply wish to lighten the unneeded bashing of movies and anime where I see it. LOL call me soft or whatever I guess...that's just the way I feel and they way I am :-??

EDIT: Ok, after watching the trailer I have to say that the ONLY gripe I had with this is that Michael Clark Duncan may be a little too old/old-looking to play Balrog as this indeed DOES seem to be a prequel. Bison in a suit?...not as much a problem as some of you were making it out to be...and I'm assuming that they chose a WHITE suit so that he would stick out...kinda like how in most RPGs you can almost ALWAYS tell which characters in a new town will likely join you later as they seem to stand out in different colors and attire from the rest of the townies. Hmmmm...I wasn't too confident about Robin Shou playing Gen at first, but since this is a prequel I guess so...though if that is the case we should/will probably see Fei Long some way or another in this movie...whether it be a cameo or just unconfirmed character. My guess would be that we see a few more SF chars in the movie, especially those with ties to China as it seems that the gist of the movie takes place there. At the point the movie seems to be in the SF continuity I would assume that this is some time BEFORE Bison starts the Doll Project so I doubt we'll see Cammy. The fact that Charlie has been confirmed BEFORE a possible Guile, tells me that it's probably a prequel and there isn't really a Guile around yet (Charlie hasn't taught him yet ;*)) ) Ryu is either A) still in his training phase with Ken with their master who HASN'T been killed by Gouki yet, or B) is still traveling around the world and doesn't cross paths with Chungster just yet. Which would put Ken either with Ryu training or back in America already married to Eliza...Honda hasn't really had much of a part in the whole SF continuity so can't really say much about where he would be. Same for Dhalsim...I would assume that Blanka hasn't been created yet (hasn't had that 'accident' yet)...Sagat is maybe on another mission for his boss elsewhere? Dee Jay in Jamaica and T. Hawk in New Mexico (or was it South America? can't remember...) would be my guesses on them...Zangeif isn't really part of yet either I guess. They could try to tie in some of the new chars from SF4 since we know that it happens after SF2, but again I guess since this is a prequel it might be BEFORE any of them came around as well...

As for the costumes, while that is how FANS OF THE SERIES know them, they aren't really everyday clothes and since it is OBVIOUS that this movie is NOT a tournament, I don't see them wearing most of those costumes...at least there is ONE scene where she has here buns (her hair I mean)...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:45:41 AM by Megabyte »

Offline KageSempai

• Initiate
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2009, 10:24:28 AM »
Megabyte 
Really. You know, I wanna say I'm surprised, but I'd be lying. I only read all of the posts on pages 1 and 5, I haven't watched the trailer yet, but this happens ALL THE DAMN TIME. People make a big fuss about a movie because it tries to go in a different direction from it's original source so that it's fans (and the NEW ones it is trying to bring in) something new. Well, I for one, welcome something DIFFERENT in the SF storyline. Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't have your own opinion about the movie, though it may seem that way, cause we are all entitled to your own opinions. But I would like to ask some of you that are dissing the movie already to try to have an open mind. As it has been said before Balrog with a bazooka is NOT that hard to see. Because...

1) He IS a member of Shadowloo/Shadowlaw after all, and they ARE a military faction. Why wouldn't they use weapons where it calls for it. Not to mention...

2) Isn't Balrog notorious for being banned from normal boxing circuits in the SF cannon for illegal techniques and such. Last I remember he was an underground boxer now, participating in illegal boxing matches like Fight Club and such.

lol thats a long post. But doesnt that make it look stupid for balrog to have a bazooka? I
mean after besides vega having a claw, nobody else uses a weapon, thats the whole reason y its called "street fighter" shadowloo or not, you havent seen anyone before this current movie using a weapon from shadoloo so y mess it up now?

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2009, 10:48:42 AM »
i dont mind if its focused on chun li but i mean you can say you hate the dbz movie by what you saw and i agree it does look awful well same case here i thought at first the dz movie would be cool then i saw the trailor and all hope was gone same with this it looks awful too much weapon use bison HAS to have the red suit thats why he is so popular and any fighting game fan knows who the guy in the red general out fit is supposed to be i think they could have atleast tried with this but they did not and as ive stated its a proven fact if a video game movie is not close to the games it flops thats what will happen with this and the whole balrog thing i know hes not a proffesinal boxer i dont think any said he was but we all know hes deadly with his fist and headbutts and he didnt kill any one wit a weapon he used his fists also theres a canon story where balrog once killed one of dalsims elaphants not with a gun,tazer,bazooka but with a gigaton PUNCH and the game is called street FIGHTER not street war and thats why shadowlaw/loo is so feared because the four main guys dont even need weapons (i say four cause sagat is a member) oh and as your quote for sfIIV alot was not canon ill give you some examples
1.akuma was just a random stand in
2.chun lis father LIVING
3.cammy not a member of her ops team nor shadoloo
4.zangief being a shadoloo member
5.sagat being in prison
and more but that show pulled it off i allready know this will be missing everything important

Offline dafamily

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 01, 2019, 12:39:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-li Poster:

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »

Lmao Gay get dis bs out my face man this movie is crap and im not goin to see it. Im dead serious lol when that guy said we are all gonna see it, im not im not even going to watch it on youtube. Why would i want to watch a movie where everyone dont even look like how they should man this might as well be some fake butt 007 (da girl version) and call it Street fighter.

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2009, 12:50:58 PM »

lol how funny this just shows you how bad they made them look the only person we know on that pic is vega lol not even one asian person just a bunch of white people and the dude who plays balrog (cant think of his name at the moment) lol for those who can defend this heres a challenge tell me whos who in that poster lol also theres two guys fighting not even a lady wtf

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 25, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2009, 05:20:29 PM »
You know I woulda given this movie a shot because of the appearance of Charlie, except in the trailer CHARLIE SOMERSAULTS THE WRONG WAY. This movie is such a disgrace, besides the names you cant tell wtf is going on in this film *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Avatar by Shinrahunter, Sig by DemonKing Ex

Offline dafamily

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 01, 2019, 12:39:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2009, 05:30:27 PM »
Street Fighter the legend of chun-li: the English Trailer:

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2009, 07:11:24 PM »
dam lol now im really not seein this movie now that i really got a close up on bison. wtf Chun li beatin da crap outta bison lol dont make laugh :-j

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 21, 2010, 12:00:11 AM
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2009, 08:29:44 PM »
This movie is gonna suck

WTF is up with Vega....in the movie he is like some half black,half Asian guy   :-??

and Chun Li isn't even fully Asian

"I am two people"      Cyclysm & Sgt.Rotter

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar