collapse

Author Topic: The Dark Knight: Official Thread!  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 21, 2010, 12:00:11 AM
    • Email
Re: The Dark Knight: Official Thread!
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 01:51:06 AM »
The film was amazing..... the best Batman film....so far IMO

The Joker was Insane......and Dent's face was so nasty.... it was awesome.. as usual Bale's performance was also fantastic.   

My only gripe Would be Maggie Gyllenhaal......she's just so ugly........when Joker said she was beautiful.......I thought...now I know why they call him the joker 

One of the best films of 2008

"I am two people"      Cyclysm & Sgt.Rotter

Online .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 10:01:11 PM
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 02:46:08 AM »

The Joker was Insane......and Dent's face was so nasty.... it was awesome.. as usual Bale's performance was also fantastic.   

My only gripe Would be Maggie Gyllenhaal......she's just so ugly........when Joker said she was beautiful.......I thought...now I know why they call him the joker 

Guess we differ on that view then, 'cause Maggie's actually really pretty to me. :-?? She has some cat-like features, and that's somehow attractive. Is that wrong.? =O.o=

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 02:51:44 AM »

Guess we differ on that view then, 'cause Maggie's actually really pretty to me. :-?? She has some cat-like features, and that's somehow attractive. Is that wrong.? =O.o=

You're not alone. I think she's really pretty too.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 03:09:13 AM »
I think this movie should have a video game. I'm surprised that there is no video game announced... I'm sure Ledger's relatives wouldn't mind having Ledger's voice in the video game. What do you all say?
I know. The last movie had a video game, I thought this might be the perfect time for some company to make a perfect Batman game. If they made a Batman game like the new Spiderman games, do you realize how cool that would be? Being able to use the grapplehook, batmobiles, and so many other features. Well I guess Batman fans will never see that game come to reality...

As for the movie, it's one of the best movies ever made.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 07:40:32 AM »
thanks for the heads up I know i can trust your opinion now ill def have to see it is it as violent as they say it is? it so thats good  :)
There were A LOT of killings in the film. Now that I think about it though, no real blood from what I saw. Definitely don't notice it though.

Oh, and you guys will love the hospital scene with Joker. :D Just too good of a movie and not a single scene was boring in any way to me.

This is one of my favorite movies.
Speaking of killings, the part where the one guy is just standing in front of a window for like 2 seconds, and then you see a hanged corpse drop,  that nearly gave me a heart attack. I was expecting it just to go off to the next scene.  :D
Joker really blew the hell out of Gotham City in this movie.

Wow, all this packed into a Pg-13 movie, I gotta see this!

lol i was thinkin the same thing and i remember seein the preview of dark knight when i went to see hancock just the joker made me want to see that movie i could tell that he was cool especially da part wheres hes shootin da machine gun in the street i was like dam i got to see this.

Offline Darkmanx_429

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2020, 04:33:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2008, 07:55:51 PM »
Did ya'll see the Terminator trailer and Watchmen?

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2008, 08:56:05 PM »
BEST COMIC MOVIE EVER

and im a MARvel head like IM the definition of a marvel head

but good lord

THE JOKER??! i didnt even know he was that crazy in the comic books

and that fckin smart

He knew everything they were going to do to stop him

my fav villian of all time now

the part where he slams the dudes head on apencil

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2008, 09:36:39 PM »
BEST COMIC MOVIE EVER

but good lord

and that fckin smart

oh yea just watch some of the batman cartoons batman always had a hard time takin down joker hes to dam smart and crazy.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2008, 09:43:40 PM »
BEST COMIC MOVIE EVER

but good lord

and that fckin smart

oh my lord he was f**king crazy in this movie man that part so so unexpected, another unexpected part was when he swung the batman impersonator into the window, man was that a good laugh cuz from where I was sitting I saw everyones head jump up lol i was the only person laughing at that part it was great :-j

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2008, 07:39:54 AM »
Just came back a few hours ago from a midnight showing of it. Not gonna give away any spoilers, but Ledger as Joker was f*cking awesome. I can't stress it enough how bad @ss Joker was in the movie and just how insane he got. There were a few scenes that just left me in awe with him.

A little disappointing on the Two-Face side but oh well, can't have everything go perfect.

Definite must see though and all the hype for it was well deserved. This film will most surely win awards and break records. :thumbsup:
How was two-face disappointing?  They nailed everything down perfectly. He started out as Harvey Dent, who was a good guy. Then after the trauma and disfigurement of his face he literally and psychologically became two-faced. Unlike Batman Forever which was just some evil crime kingpin that wanted to kill Batman.

The Joker was done perfectly too. Just some insane bastard that wanted to see the world go to hell.

IMO everything was perfect in this film, and is one of the best movies ever made.

Online .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 10:01:11 PM
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2008, 08:01:23 AM »
Just came back a few hours ago from a midnight showing of it. Not gonna give away any spoilers, but Ledger as Joker was f*cking awesome. I can't stress it enough how bad @ss Joker was in the movie and just how insane he got. There were a few scenes that just left me in awe with him.

A little disappointing on the Two-Face side but oh well, can't have everything go perfect.

Definite must see though and all the hype for it was well deserved. This film will most surely win awards and break records. :thumbsup:
How was two-face disappointing?  They nailed everything down perfectly. He started out as Harvey Dent, who was a good guy. Then after the trauma and disfigurement of his face he literally and psychologically became two-faced. Unlike Batman Forever which was just some evil crime kingpin that wanted to kill Batman.

The Joker was done perfectly too. Just some insane bastard that wanted to see the world go to hell.

IMO everything was perfect in this film, and is one of the best movies ever made.
Harvey Dent, perfect. Two-Face, perfect. Since spoilers are being thrown around now, I'll just say it. The problem I had with it though, was how Two-Face died at the end when he had just became him. I think it got to me a bit (at the time, not anymore) 'cause there had been a lot of speculation/talk that he'd become Two-Face at the end of the film and pretty much lead as the main villain in the next one. Now, he won't even make an appearance in the next one. That aside though, It was really shocking to see him die at the end. The ending was damn perfect though, the choice Batman had to make. Perfect is the only way to describe this movie. :thumbsup:

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2008, 08:24:45 AM »

Harvey Dent, perfect. Two-Face, perfect. Since spoilers are being thrown around now, I'll just say it. The problem I had with it though, was how Two-Face died at the end when he had just became him. I think it got to me a bit (at the time, not anymore) 'cause there had been a lot of speculation/talk that he'd become Two-Face at the end of the film and pretty much lead as the main villain in the next one. Now, he won't even make an appearance in the next one. That aside though, It was really shocking to see him die at the end. The ending was damn perfect though, the choice Batman had to make. Perfect is the only way to describe this movie. :thumbsup:
I thought they just locked him up at arkham and covered up him turning into two-face by saying hes dead. All the criminals that got locked up would have been put back on the streets if Harvey did turn to the dark side after all. Not many people really knew what happened to him, and the police never confirmed that Harvey was still alive after the hospital blew up.  People would have been shocked that Harvey Dent which was supposedly the hero of Gotham got corrupted by The Joker. Which also would have explained the poster of Harvey Dent without his burned face.

There's also been a ton of rumors that Aaron Eckhart signed up to do two films, instead of one.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:29:49 AM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 16, 2008, 07:20:26 PM
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2008, 11:51:22 AM »
The best part was when Deebo threw the detonator out of the window. I thought for sure the the ppl on the "good" boat would blow them up. I cried when harvey had the gun pointed at the commissioners son and batman said to say that he did it. The only thing i didnt like was that he apprehended the scarecrow at the beginning too fast. Omg and the joker, they didnt make him a punk this time. he was bad @$$. Id say that this is the best movie i ever saw in my life lol. Harvey Dents cg animation was kinda off a lil but i learned to adapt. They kinda gave the joker the riddler's intellect. didnt see signs for the next new villian like the first one gave...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 12:01:33 PM by shinra358 »

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2008, 07:53:12 PM »
Not only is The Dark Knight the Best Comic Book Superhero Movie ever, Its just an excellent movie in general. After all that hype, Nolan DID NOT disappoint. He gave us exactly what the public needed. The Perfect Batman AND The BEST Joker! This movie didn't meet expectations, it obliterated them. The Joker is the most terrifying one in any form of Media. Put yourself in the same hostage situation face-to-face with Heath Ledger and you'll crap your pants. The Movie alone was Very well thought out and clever, EVERY SINGLE PERSON around me "Oohh'ed" and "Ahh'ed" and Gasped, the power that Nolan Delivered gave some dudes "Man Tears." It will Blow you away.

I will neither confirm NOR Deny that I had "Man Tears" During the End of the movie.  :D

I'm gonna cheat and copy and paste my review here to a Video Review.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:05:54 PM by CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 11!! »

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2008, 08:32:09 PM »
 >:-(-| following the hype of the movie,look at this:

Thx to Randomdude for another winner  ;)

ON TOPIC:I might go to the movies tomorrow and watch the movie...so i haven`t read this thread a lot to avoid many spoilers...
Is there an after credits scene on this one?or it´s a marvel thing?

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 17, 2021, 03:04:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2008, 02:33:59 AM »
this movie was great. i would have been scared shitless to work 4 the joker. to actually show two face come about was execellent never knew what was going to happen next. the people dying,coming back to life had me on the edge of my seat. one word.......pencil 
Your sig is way too big - Admin

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2008, 02:39:44 AM »
>:-(-| following the hype of the movie,look at this:

Thx to Randomdude for another winner  ;)

ON TOPIC:I might go to the movies tomorrow and watch the movie...so i haven`t read this thread a lot to avoid many spoilers...
Is there an after credits scene on this one?or it´s a marvel thing?

\
There's nothing after the credits.

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2008, 09:43:08 AM »
Every forum member, people at my work, and most of my friends went, but I'm still holding out for the dvd :|
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2008, 10:09:13 AM »
Every forum member, people at my work, and most of my friends went, but I'm still holding out for the dvd :|
That sucks. Dark Knight is a movie that you can only get the full experience from watching it in the theaters.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2008, 10:36:58 AM »
That sucks. Dark Knight is a movie that you can only get the full experience from watching it in the theaters.

hells yea those special effects where the bomb, but was it just me or was the theater u saw the movie in extra loud I swaer that was the loudest movie ive been to and ive been to alot  :-??

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »

hells yea those special effects where the bomb, but was it just me or was the theater u saw the movie in extra loud I swear that was the loudest movie ive been to and ive been to alot  :-??

It wasn't just you. That movie just immerses you into the sound when your at the theaters. Especially the parts where you hear that ringing noise like something epic and bad@ss is about to happen.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2008, 01:42:26 PM »
 XD||

KPT25 edit:plz no smiley spamming... :-w
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:18:32 PM by KPT25 »

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2008, 01:54:11 PM »
why did u just do that L-)

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
XD||
damn

why did u just do that L-)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:19:05 PM by KPT25 »
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2008, 04:31:15 PM »
came back from the threatres about an hour ago...AWESOME FILM! :)
Heath totally outclassed everyone else in the movie...i knew that guy was up for his moment of glory sooner or later
The plot twists were greatly done,there were surprises arround every corner and the sonar-vision was simply outstanding

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar