collapse

Author Topic: MORTAL KOMBAT VS DETECTIVE COMICS!  (Read 23377 times)

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
Re: MORTAL KOMBAT VS DETECTIVE COMICS!
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 03:34:36 AM »
All i can say for now is that they better mess up on this big crossover. ;)

lol, huh? You meant "better not" right? :-SS
Heheh yeah i meant they better do real well on this mk ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008, 03:38:33 AM »
that sucks i already made this post in the show and tell. well this game sucks too.

Offline yamblack

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 16, 2010, 11:50:15 PM
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 02:20:42 PM »
Am I the only person that thinks this match up is absolutely retarded?

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 02:30:16 PM »

just about as retarted as marvel super heroes vs street fighter right or is it because its not 2d?

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2008, 11:53:17 PM »

just about as retarted as marvel super heroes vs street fighter right or is it because its not 2d?

Owned?  ;*))

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2008, 01:01:07 AM »
Ed Boon and the rest of the midway staff are on drugs.( %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%-). "LEAVE DA GREEN STUFF ALONE"

Offline Akeme

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2008, 06:17:19 AM »
You never know this maybe the mk that gets the series back on top with other good fighting games ;)

Offline Kev The Galaxybender

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 29, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2008, 07:03:03 PM »

Owned?  ;*))

people have to realize that

Capcom had already made games that were good before putting that idea together. They had X-Men COTA, Super SF2 Turbo, and Marvel Super Heroes, all good games. It was already established, and the games had a style that was similar to one another, so mixing them was no problem because the base games were already good. They really didn't have to create anything else..

DC, however had never had a good fighting game, let alone a good game. And the last MK game was awful, along with a list of other awful MK games. Poeple still believe the pinnacle of the series was MKII, why are they mixing two awful products? Hell, Midway didn't even get to make good base games to work with, and from the look of the gameplay footage, it's looks just like more of the same crap that was Armageddon, just without the styles, and with an updated graphics engine. Hell, they used the same crap sound effects from the last 3 games. Terrible.

And why is Midway not allowing the violence? I mean all of these DC fanboys claim that DC comic are dark and gritty, which I know and agree with because my uncle is a DC fanboy and he lets me read all of his comics, like when Joker beat the crap out of Robin and killed him and his mother with an explosive, and how Jokers daughter killed Alfred and how the other Robin killed her with a gun, I know DC is violent, but....

you let Midway take that away from your characters in this game because Boon says DC isn't violent and th game will garnish a Teen rating?! It's like Boon is smacking you in the face, saying DC isn't mature enough. If anything I would be pissed that Boon things so low of your DC comics and feel that they can't have "extreme violence and fatalities" when DC has been killing off characters for the past few years. Horrible

MK was built around intense, over the top violence and fatalities, don't take that away from it. And man let me tell you, comic book fanboys are very anal, you screw up batman, or any of their heroes, you'll piss them off for life and word will get around that your game ucks real quick. Midway better tread lightly.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 07:59:09 PM »
I don't believe none of those rumors
one guy said the Next MK game was going to have no blood and be E Rated,
that's as much crap as pulling down you're pants and sitting on a Toilet
lol
it's just the truth

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 08:03:47 PM »
I don't believe none of those rumors
one guy said the Next MK game was going to have no blood and be E Rated,
that's as much sh*t as pulling down you're pants and sitting on a Toilet
lol
it's just the truth

Boon said it's gonna be T rated, there's a bunch of interviews with him saying it, check youtube

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 10:41:57 PM »
who cares if the games are awful shaolin monks suprised everyone with how good it was and u never assume that a game is going to be bad because of its reputation i bet this game will be good.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 01:59:15 AM »
who cares if the games are awful shaolin monks suprised everyone with how good it was and u never assume that a game is going to be bad because of its reputation i bet this game will be good.
^^(PM)^ but remember shaolin monks had Fatalities the most important factor in any mk game.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 03:26:15 AM »
U HAVE TO SEE THAT THIS IS A WIERD MATCH UP AND THIS CRAPPY GAME COULDN'T COMPARE TO THE MARVEL VS CAPCOM SERIES.THE STORY DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL,EVEN THOUGH IT HAS MORTAL KOMBAT CHARACTERS IT STILL LOOKS SUCKISH.I ALSO REMEMBER ED BOON SAYING "ARMEGEDDON WILL BE THE LAST MORTAL KOMBAT GAME IN THE FRANCHISE IN THE FALL OF 06".THIS WHOLE SITUATION UPSETS MAKE BECAUSE WE SO CALLED \-/o "YOUNG PEOPLE"COULD CHANGE THE GAMING INDUSTRY AND MAKE BETTER GAMES THAN PROGRAMMERS, ARTIST, AND PRODUCTION STAFF. WHETHER IT'S SPORTS GAMES OR FIGHTING GAMES, WE THE PEOPLE CAN COULD DEFINITELY MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THIS INDUSTRY.

I MISS THE SEGA GENESIS AGE.  :'(

Offline Akeme

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 03:35:09 AM »
I really don't care about if there is any fatalities or not this time around becuase i like mk alot but i have really been tired of the past games so i just want them to make good one finally and from the looks of it may turn out good but we can't say that for sure can we ;)

Offline yamblack

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 16, 2010, 11:50:15 PM
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »

Owned?  ;*))

Capcom had already made games that were good before putting that idea together. They had X-Men COTA, Super SF2 Turbo, and Marvel Super Heroes, all good games. It was already established, and the games had a style that was similar to one another, so mixing them was no problem because the base games were already good. They really didn't have to create anything else..

DC, however had never had a good fighting game, let alone a good game. And the last MK game was awful, along with a list of other awful MK games. Poeple still believe the pinnacle of the series was MKII, why are they mixing two awful products? Hell, Midway didn't even get to make good base games to work with, and from the look of the gameplay footage, it's looks just like more of the same crap that was Armageddon, just without the styles, and with an updated graphics engine. Hell, they used the same crap sound effects from the last 3 games. Terrible.

And why is Midway not allowing the violence? I mean all of these DC fanboys claim that DC comic are dark and gritty, which I know and agree with because my uncle is a DC fanboy and he lets me read all of his comics, like when Joker beat the crap out of Robin and killed him and his mother with an explosive, and how Jokers daughter killed Alfred and how the other Robin killed her with a gun, I know DC is violent, but....

you let Midway take that away from your characters in this game because Boon says DC isn't violent and th game will garnish a Teen rating?! It's like Boon is smacking you in the face, saying DC isn't mature enough. If anything I would be pissed that Boon things so low of your DC comics and feel that they can't have "extreme violence and fatalities" when DC has been killing off characters for the past few years. Horrible

MK was built around intense, over the top violence and fatalities, don't take that away from it. And man let me tell you, comic book fanboys are very anal, you screw up batman, or any of their heroes, you'll piss them off for life and word will get around that your game ucks real quick. Midway better tread lightly.
Haha, Nutpatch was "owned"

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 06:23:54 PM »
^Yet Nutpatch still has a point.

U HAVE TO SEE THAT THIS IS A WIERD MATCH UP
And Link against Nightmare isn't? How about Megaman Vs Spiderman? or Darth Vader Vs Mitsurugi. Who Cares? It's Still Awesome.

THIS CRAPPY GAME COULDN'T COMPARE TO THE MARVEL VS CAPCOM SERIES.

How do you know it's crappy? you're just a fanboy, Sorry. :|

THE STORY DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL

Doesn't need to, A crossover is just to have different characters in the same place, not to make sense.

EVEN THOUGH IT HAS MORTAL KOMBAT CHARACTERS IT STILL LOOKS SUCKISH
Who are you? :P

I ALSO REMEMBER ED BOON SAYING "ARMEGEDDON WILL BE THE LAST MORTAL KOMBAT GAME IN THE FRANCHISE IN THE FALL OF 06"

And Sakurai said Melee was made as the last Smash Bros but it is not the case, same with Brawl and obviously will not be the case, If it still makes money Companies as Big as Nintendo, Midway and Capcom will keep milking their series.

THIS WHOLE SITUATION UPSETS MAKE BECAUSE WE SO CALLED  "YOUNG PEOPLE"COULD CHANGE THE GAMING INDUSTRY AND MAKE BETTER GAMES THAN PROGRAMMERS, ARTIST, AND PRODUCTION STAFF. WHETHER IT'S SPORTS GAMES OR FIGHTING GAMES, WE THE PEOPLE CAN COULD DEFINITELY MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THIS INDUSTRY.

Who did What? :|

I MISS THE SEGA GENESIS AGE.
^-^

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2008, 06:51:04 PM »

Shaolin Monks looked good in it's early stage, even the first showing, this however, looks bad :(

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2008, 07:02:59 PM »
and I hate how people keep comparing games like.....

The Vs series

It's already been stated that they had ground breaking games before it to make the base of the Vs series

Link, Spawn, Heihatchi (sp) in Soul Calibur II

First off, there was only 2 guest characters in the game, not a whole universe, just a character here and there. Not a crossover game.

Star Wars in SCIV

I don't like the idea, but again, there is only one character, not a whole roster. Not a crossover game

Spartan 451 in DOA4

Again, one character, not an entire roster. Not a cross over game

Super Smash Brothers

This game was built by using characters from many different games in the first place, that was the whole theme, MK was not built this way.

If midway would have went with a few characters, like maybe 2, then I wouldn't mind, because it would have stayed an MK game, but they want to do a crossover crap game.

Hell, a Shaolin Monks game like this would have been much better.

But no, they ruin it by making a crossover game out of a crappy fighter to begin with.

This game will fail, and word will get around real quick that this game sux. Because it will. I don't care about people saying don't judge it before it comes out, I can and i will, the idea is stupid, and from the gameplay they showed, it was awful, more of the same crap, just sporting a new graphics engine.

And then Boon has the nerve to try to implement new gameplay mechanics, while I normally would welcome this, but hell, he can't even get his core gameplay mechanics right! Try fixing your core gameplay engine before trying something new!

This game will suck it!

Offline DMP

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 18, 2011, 03:49:25 PM
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2008, 07:04:30 PM »
When I first heard this i thought it was a terrible idea but after reading articles and listening to them explain the gameplay mechanics its sounds good I just think its a weird idea that is going to take a lot of work to pull off

Offline SdotThaDon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 10, 2017, 01:19:06 AM
  • Havenot Supreme
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2008, 07:20:39 PM »
I'm going to give it a chance, I mean from 1st glance it looks interesting. Dc vs. MK doesn't strike me as much as SF vs. MK would have(that game almost happended btw) but a new MK game and something from DC is worth checking out at least. The engine got scraped to be rebuilt from the ground up. So can't be the same stuff again at least. I think Midway doing MK minus fatalities means they believe the strength of the MK mythos is greater than the impact of finishing moves. And though fatalitites defined the earlier MK games they really didn't serve the fans well after maybe the 4th game anyways. And besides DC won't let you rip Superman's head off, they are banking on including young fans in this games target crowd. The reason they are aiming for a Teen rating.....

Offline Akeme

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2008, 07:31:51 PM »
I'm going to give it a chance, I mean from 1st glance it looks interesting. Dc vs. MK doesn't strike me as much as SF vs. MK would have(that game almost happended btw) but a new MK game and something from DC is worth checking out at least. The engine got scraped to be rebuilt from the ground up. So can't be the same stuff again at least. I think Midway doing MK minus fatalities means they believe the strength of the MK mythos is greater than the impact of finishing moves. And though fatalitites defined the earlier MK games they really didn't serve the fans well after maybe the 4th game anyways. And besides DC won't let you rip Superman's head off, they are banking on including young fans in this games target crowd. The reason they are aiming for a Teen rating.....
Exacty it was dc that didn't want fatalities ;)

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2008, 07:32:56 PM »
and I hate how people keep comparing games like.....

The Vs series

It's already been stated that they had ground breaking games before it to make the base of the Vs series

Link, Spawn, Heihatchi (sp) in Soul Calibur II

First off, there was only 2 guest characters in the game, not a whole universe, just a character here and there. Not a crossover game.

Star Wars in SCIV

I don't like the idea, but again, there is only one character, not a whole roster. Not a crossover game

Spartan 451 in DOA4

Again, one character, not an entire roster. Not a cross over game

Super Smash Brothers

This game was built by using characters from many different games in the first place, that was the whole theme, MK was not built this way.

If midway would have went with a few characters, like maybe 2, then I wouldn't mind, because it would have stayed an MK game,

Hell, a Shaolin Monks game like this would have been much better.

But no, they ruin it by making a crossover game out of a crappy fighter to begin with.

This game will fail, and word will get around real quick that this game sux. Because it will. I don't care about people saying don't judge it before it comes out, I can and i will, the idea is stupid, and from the gameplay they showed, it was awful, more of the same crap, just sporting a new graphics engine.

And then Boon has the nerve to try to implement new gameplay mechanics, while I normally would welcome this, but hell, he can't even get his core gameplay mechanics right! Try fixing your core gameplay engine before trying something new!

This game will suck it!

:D :D :D You forgot that Your real post should come after the joke. :P

Why the Crossover Idea you find so bad?  ???Many like it, it's more like a matter of taste if you like it or not, but you just downright call it a piece of crap just because you don't like the idea, Sure you can say whatever you want, but it doesn't meant that it's best to say it. Sounds pretty stupid.

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2008, 09:21:23 PM »
crossovers, crossovers. They're the embodiment of awesome!!  :w00t:

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 20, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2008, 09:32:32 PM »
crossovers, crossovers. They're the embodiment of awesome!!  :w00t:

Quoted for Truth! :)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2008, 09:42:31 PM »

Owned?  ;*))

Haha, Nutpatch was "owned"

actually u both got owned because just because u guys say its bad dosnt mean its bad for example i hate sf2 but u say the vs series was good because of games like that and there are plenty of ppl who love mk and dc just because someone made some good or bad games in the past does not effect the way a current game will come out and i dont see why u guys think this game looks so bad the graphics ar da sh*t and it looks like it might be and environmental fighting game like shaolin monks and besides ur only sayin this because ur a capcom fan this should be said from a die hard mk fan for it to actually be true so u tell me who was owned.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar