collapse

Author Topic: Himura Kenshin error in Warzone screenpack  (Read 661 times)

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:October 21, 2018, 12:48:39 AM
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
Himura Kenshin error in Warzone screenpack
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:35:48 PM »
as the tittle says, I'm trying to set up a casual MUGEN folder for when I play with friends and I installed the Warzone screenpack for my MUGEN 1.0 version and all the characters I have work fine except Himura Kenshin made by Aoshi24 , whenever use him a black box appears in front of him and only disappears when I do a super, can anybody help me find out the problem with this? he works fine on the default MUGEN 1.0, here is a screenshot:

"An artist's responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you start to think about social or political responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist. You are plugging into a very restrictive system that is going to push and mold you, and is going to make your art totally useless and ineffective." --David Cronenberg

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
Re: Himura Kenshin error in Warzone screenpack
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 01:03:39 AM »
Well, that's either an explod or a helper. Press ctrl+C, see if it has an axis. If it does, press ctrl+D until you think you've pinpointed it. You're gonna have to do some work to find out what sprite that actually IS, then we can see about getting rid of it.

It could also possibly be the screenpack calling some totally random number for the small portrait, and that random number is in use for kenshin. Does it actually have small portaits? If it doesn't, open up fight.def, find the line that defines it, set it back to 9000,0 and then use the pos stuff to place it off screen.

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:October 21, 2018, 12:48:39 AM
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 05:37:24 PM »
solved it, apparently the character had a big black box on his 9000 group  index 3, I don't know what it is for so I just wen ahead and deleted and now i can see the screen completely, thanks for the help man.
"An artist's responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you start to think about social or political responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist. You are plugging into a very restrictive system that is going to push and mold you, and is going to make your art totally useless and ineffective." --David Cronenberg

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 08:49:21 PM »
9000,3 has often been used for custom small portraits in screenpacks. That's probably what happened here but rather than thinking a bit about it the creator simply used something they thought wouldn't show up (i am assuming there are normally no small portraits at all) If that was the case, placing 9000,0 off screen would have been a far better option than using what MIGHT be an in use sprite.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 [4]
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal