• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: KEFKA
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 08:49:58 AM »
ah, I see what you mean

About the animation, it would be better to ask to some animators here, like Rage, Loganir, Jmaxx, Verz36, etc.
I will pm those guys.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:08:08 AM by .:O Ilusionista:. »

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 03:43:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 12:27:37 PM »
Than you Illusion! The shadows were meant to where the cape ruffled, where it kind of waves. Although I see what you mean they do look a bit sharp, I suppose I could taper this off as it goes up.

Any pointers on the animation process rather than draw this entire image over and over again?I am guessing maybe copy paste then move parts of the body slightly per frame. This is how I was going to go about it but if there is a better way, please let me know!  :)
before i say anything, is this a free drawn character or are you using bases?

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 29, 2017, 12:24:51 AM
  • draw, draw n draw some more :P
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 12:29:18 PM »
Of course used references from the web, but total hand drawn in Photoshop.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:39:00 PM by YoZangWu »

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 04:54:58 PM »
if you have questions you can ask me. As for the redoing sprites, yes when you first start off if you are doing a custom character you'll have to draw each one. With time as you get more sprites you will be able to copy and past things from old to create new. So i would advise you to create a sprite sheet and add to it as you go along. Build your self a quick go to sheet for reference. Many spriter create body sheets as well. Heads with different expressions and angles, also body parts like arms, chest, and legs can also be saved in many angles and view points.  Use rotsprite to help you rotate your sprites, saves so much time. http://info.sonicretro.org/RotSprite .

Now if you are using videos or gifs as a reference Rotoscoping (AKA tracing) is a method to getting those smooth animations you seek. All you do is draw over a video or gif of the animation you wish to mimic.

In photo shop take advantage of your layers. uses layers to help guide your animations. Also an more advance trick and great for custom characters are the use of folders. Example: you have a character wave her hand in front of her face. Cool but later you need that same hand. Now now you have to draw the hand again or  copy that layer with the wave and erase the face to get the hand.   Well if you draw the hand on a different layer from the face and group them in a folder. Now you can grab that hand quickly for the new animation or to add it to the sprite sheet.

Ok im done for now  :-@

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 06:17:51 PM »
Thank you so much Rage! I did not know about rotsprite, that program looks like a god-send! I suppose that is a good idea to draw multiple faces, body parts in different positions. Seems like that would help with any future characters as well.
Now you mentioned the rotoscoping. If I were to use, say for instance, an animated gif. Is there a program that will split the frames or, forgive me if this is basic knowledge or not as I have never tried it, is there an option within Photoshop that will split frames into either layers or a sequenced image?

Online O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 07:28:38 PM »
[quotes] Is there a program that will split the frames or, forgive me if this is basic knowledge or not as I have never tried it, is there an option within Photoshop that will split frames into either layers or a sequenced image?[/quote]

yes for both cases. you can use this site to extract the gif frames: http://gifmaker.me/exploder/ its online and free :)
IrFanView ( a free tool) can make it too.

For photoshop, depends of which version do you have. There is an script for that in CS6, for example.
Go to FILE > SCRIPTS > export layers to files

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2015, 12:01:25 AM »
I am so sorry if this feel like a dead post but it is not. I in the middle of a major move and all my stuff has been packed so I have been unable to work on this much. (other than several sketches done on paper). It has given me time to do more research and learning in the meantime. I hope you all have not looked at this as an empty WIP but I will be working on this. (even if more slowly than these veterans)  ;)

If you have any suggestions on at least the animation portion, please feel free to throw your comments, I check on this post readily for any suggestions and/or teachings.
Thank you all for you patience!!

Offline Ganbare-Lucifer

• Infinity Mystical Ninja
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 03, 2024, 08:45:11 PM
  • Shinubis, Goemon's Descendant
    • Tediz_Ozito
    • Skype - Ado-Redwolf3
    • Lucifer's MUGEN Site!
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2015, 02:12:17 PM »
Nice to see it's not dead...

Perharps an hyper where he could destroy the universe, creating a hell, purgatory and a heaven like in the Final Battle on Final Fantasy VI.

...and the 'playable fighter' must defeat the three forms in order to win the battle.
(click to show/hide)
"Set it up!"

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 01:46:12 AM »
Whoa Blizzard! I will start with the basics first before jumping into somthin so ambitious! Sounds awesome altho sounds more on the lines of a boss character and I wanted a player that everyone could use on the same playing field. Maybe as a v.20 (Kefka Boss)? Still an awesome suggestion, i will def keep in mind!!!   :w00t:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:53:20 AM by YoZangWu »

Offline Ganbare-Lucifer

• Infinity Mystical Ninja
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 03, 2024, 08:45:11 PM
  • Shinubis, Goemon's Descendant
    • Tediz_Ozito
    • Skype - Ado-Redwolf3
    • Lucifer's MUGEN Site!
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 03:26:08 PM »
Whoa Blizzard! I will start with the basics first before jumping into somthin so ambitious! Sounds awesome altho sounds more on the lines of a boss character and I wanted a player that everyone could use on the same playing field. Maybe as a v.20 (Kefka Boss)? Still an awesome suggestion, i will def keep in mind!!!   :w00t:

But i'm meaning something with x5 full bar and it's hard to execute.

Also the forms whould be playable, with some twearking to not make them cheap
(click to show/hide)
"Set it up!"

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 10:07:17 PM »
But i'm meaning something with x5 full bar and it's hard to execute.

Also the forms whould be playable, with some twearking to not make them cheap

OHHH ok now I get you. Yes that does sound like a great idea. I did have the idea of his light of judgment, but yours seems a bit better. Perhaps I can still go with mine but as a lower level hyper.

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 11:13:12 PM »
Figures, now that I finally have a majority of things unpacked and PC back up and running, I get a gig designing a tattoo. I will get back on this once this is completed. Thank you all for your patience.. didnt expect all this to happen all at once.   @-)

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2015, 02:00:06 AM »
OK done wit tattoo and done tearin myself from MKX... very rough animation sketch of an idle stance. I wasnt to happy with what I had before... after viewing the post from .:O Ilusionista:. seemed to close to Dr. Doom. I redrew and had a more flamboyant stance twirling the cape around  (more in lines of what Kefka is to begin wit)

***Your thoughts??***

I know this is taking longer than other people's projects but this is my very first and learning along the way. I am glad for yall patience as this has been alot of work that I know with experience and practice will be simple work...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 01:04:12 AM by YoZangWu »

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 12:01:46 AM »
ok so I made the base form to work off of - this will be the base for alot of animations (does need a bit of clean up tho)... yea i know it has been bout a month between updates lol
Anyways, this are moving quicker than I expected... I hope you guys like and let me know what you think, really!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:16:40 AM by YoZangWu »

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2015, 01:06:22 AM »
ok so I made the base form to work off of - this will be the base for alot of animations (does need a bit of clean up tho)... yea i know it has been bout a month between updates lol
Anyways, this are moving quicker than I expected... I hope you guys like and let me know what you think, really!

^^(PM)^ great work, i want to see more.  XD||

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2015, 10:53:16 PM »
^^(PM)^ great work, i want to see more.  XD||
Thank you Rage. Still a learning experience for me, but slowly but surley. ThnX for approvin! Workin n Photoshop, tryin 2 find tha best way 2 get this animation workin properly!  :P

Online O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2015, 02:48:31 PM »

Yes! Its going in a very good direction!

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2015, 08:27:12 PM »

Those looks hot....second version is fire!

much success to you on finishing him
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2015, 01:26:39 AM »
Thank you DEMONKAI !!
Its a bit off from what I have been doing but while im working on animations, I thought I would work on a stage
here is a VERY sketchy concept of the Warring Triad
lemme know what you think so far   :P

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:35:04 AM by YoZangWu »

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2015, 05:08:20 AM »
holy crap wow that's intense.

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2015, 09:04:34 PM »
Thank you -Whiplash-!!!
Dunno if its for Kefka or his stage but either way, Im glad you like!!   :D  !!!

So Ive been strugglin wit this Kefka animation and has been extremely slowly and seems a bit counter productive. So, Im asking if anyone has any suggestions on sprite animation software that would be great for manually drawing each frame? Photoshop just doesnt feel right and I just think there has to be somthing better out there for this type of work.... Photoshop is great for single images and some amazing artworks but animation... there its lacking   :(
granted Im getting some work but I just feel like there can be somthin else out there thatll get things moving quicker

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2015, 02:05:47 AM »
OK so I'm thinkin I may have bit off more than I can chew on a very first attempt of a MUGEN anythin. Im not giving up but Im thinkin that at least for the basic animations, I may do a "Frankensprite it" for a base.... more or less use some basic animations as a base to redraw (will still be custom drawn just animations will give an idea of where I need to drawn on each frame). Seems like cheating to me but this PhotoShop animation just isnt workin at all for me. I think with more practice Ill be able to do this in no time.

So before I totally loose interest and give up all together, I think Ill go this route. I am sorry for all that this might not be 100% custom. I just got to feel like I am getting somwhere with this to keep myself into it. (Later on I may adjust when I find a workable rhythm.)

This will still be custom drawn though, this was never the issue... it has been the animations and how to work with the sprites in PhotoShop....

If anyone has any suggestions on a better method of doing custom animations outside of PhotoShop, please let me know.... I try it a go and possibly go back to 100% custom.

**** even if I do the "Frankensprite" method, it will only be the basics I plan on doing. (walking, block, jump and the so on) but all will be tweaked and drawn to match Kefka and hopefully capture some of his personality****

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2015, 01:53:45 AM »
Yea, its been awhile... all in all I opted to just do this all out custom... I practiced wit Graphics Gale.. (not too bad) and very first animation... granted it needs some editing but thought id show what i got so far
I decided to go a bit more on the cartoon end since many of the other characters seem to be in this route and might fit in a bit better.
I havnt shaded anything yet and not complete as far as animation is concerned but here is a basic ilde stance....

Once again, this is just a WIP and slowly working in this when I have time... VERY SKETCHY
Im not to crazy about the wind blow on the fur and also not happy wit the cape... things I will work on changing
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 02:35:44 AM by YoZangWu »

Offline TK8314

• The Commentator Guy
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 13, 2018, 08:17:29 PM
  • I'm a Mugenite, Smasher, LPer and ZCer!
    • Skype - TK8305
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2015, 09:36:07 PM »
Kefka huh!?  He looks pretty shweet so far!  :3

Offline YoZangWu

• Initiate
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2015, 10:39:19 PM »
Kefka huh!?  He looks pretty shweet so far!  :3

Thank you TK8314! Just started learning Graphicsgale and my first attempt at animation so has some work that needs to be done. I am happier wit this pose and think I will stick with this one.

Tags: kefka 

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal