collapse

Author Topic: Capcom Universe News and Updates  (Read 133588 times)

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:June 20, 2020, 07:21:19 PM
    • Email
Re: Capcom Universe News and Updates
« Reply #575 on: July 04, 2015, 11:18:22 PM »
Yes im sorry for the delay but there are things in my life that must take precedence.  I'm taking classes this summer and it requires a lot of my time. im still working on it when i can though but at a much slower pace.

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:Today at 05:57:31 AM
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #576 on: July 05, 2015, 04:10:23 AM »
Hmmmmmmm... I kind of wondered what happened to this project, because quite frankly at this point, it's gonna get delayed again either in August or possibly around Fall 2015, assuming it would be in October, that is to be released, unless i'm proven wrong otherwise. However you may be doing this project going in slow pace, i can understand how the situation goes, Beximus. Just better hope it's not gonna be delayed once again, else i would probably kinda get disappointed, but understand at the same time. I have faith in you. ;)

Offline rhiggatwat

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 07, 2017, 04:33:03 AM
    • Email
« Reply #577 on: July 05, 2015, 02:39:28 PM »
I don't suppose there is any chance you would be willing to release your Tessa for regular Mugen, is there? We really need a decent Capcom style Tessa...please?

Offline imperador

• "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2019, 03:24:10 AM
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #578 on: July 05, 2015, 03:00:13 PM »
I don't suppose there is any chance you would be willing to release your Tessa for regular Mugen, is there? We really need a decent Capcom style Tessa...please?

Probably only after the game is finished. Probably. All I know is Bex will share some things from his game after he finished it, like the tag team codes[maybe].

I recommend to you be patient about it.

- Any suggestions for conversions? Look on my thread and have fun! :)

Offline manluis

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 06, 2019, 10:51:33 PM
    • Email
« Reply #579 on: July 06, 2015, 03:31:03 AM »
for now, no. maybe in the future.
there already is a decent capcom style tessa released anyway.

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 16, 2024, 05:05:27 PM
« Reply #580 on: July 06, 2015, 02:20:43 PM »
It's hot everywhere. That's why I don't play mugen lately. But hey, once it's over, Autumn would a perfect season to work in it.

Yes im sorry for the delay but there are things in my life that must take precedence.  I'm taking classes this summer and it requires a lot of my time. im still working on it when i can though but at a much slower pace.

Are you a teacher or a student?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #581 on: August 21, 2015, 06:09:04 AM »

I would be surprised if there were not other tessas out there that are more accurate to the source than mine.  I would have to recode tessa for regular mugen and with how busy i am right now it's not feasible.

Hmmmmmmm... I kind of wondered what happened to this project, because quite frankly at this point, it's gonna get delayed again either in August or possibly around Fall 2015, assuming it would be in October, that is to be released, unless i'm proven wrong otherwise. However you may be doing this project going in slow pace, i can understand how the situation goes, Beximus. Just better hope it's not gonna be delayed once again, else i would probably kinda get disappointed, but understand at the same time. I have faith in you. ;)

Thank you Kanodoom.  It's good to remember the Confucius quote "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop"

Are you a teacher or a student?

I'm more like an underpaid counselor.  I'm teaching myself Javascript and software testing methodologies to supplement the class I'm taking in order to move into the field of technology.  essentially looking for a more rewarding career in both a spiritually and monetary sense.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #582 on: September 03, 2015, 09:03:10 PM »
I decided since the Demo will have have all 3 Metro city Heroes i should balance out the Mad Gear side and add Sodom.

Guy / Rolento
Cody / Sodom
Haggar / Hugo

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #583 on: September 04, 2015, 02:15:24 AM »
Now wait a minute: Before i even think if 3 of them are playable (since i know that Guy, Rolento & Hugo are playable indeed), can you confirm that to me, even Sodom that is playable?
Anyways, more likely that i will end up playing Q anyway if Sodom doesn't show up in 3.0. XP
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 02:35:25 AM by kanodoom »

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #584 on: September 04, 2015, 02:21:56 PM »
Now wait a minute: Before i even think if 3 of them are playable (since i know that Guy, Rolento & Hugo are playable indeed), can you confirm that to me, even Sodom that is playable?
Anyways, more likely that i will end up playing Q anyway if Sodom doesn't show up in 3.0. XP

He's been nearly finished for a long time, he just needs to conform to the new engine.

=158

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #585 on: September 04, 2015, 02:38:53 PM »
Ahhhh, so this is how you've been progressed through. Well, i can at least be happy about Sodom, though i'm kinda wondering of myself how would even work, so i'm expecting to have a bugs with Sodom if there's any unintentional glitch that shouldn't occur. After that, maybe, maybe, just maybe i'll wait it out for the full version for at least another 2 or 3 years to come out. Hopefully by then, we might see it, but that's a long route to get this thing done. ;)

Offline CoopTMA

• Rembrandt "The Crying Man" Brown
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:August 08, 2018, 04:21:38 AM
  • Cry like a man!
« Reply #586 on: September 04, 2015, 09:11:22 PM »
Your process is going well man. I seen in the questions and answers thread, you are about 70% in this project. Slowly and surely the game is getting done. How goes the process on nemesis and other chars?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #587 on: September 04, 2015, 09:49:06 PM »
Your process is going well man. I seen in the questions and answers thread, you are about 70% in this project. Slowly and surely the game is getting done. How goes the process on nemesis and other chars?

So far Medusa has her standing, walking, crouching and neutral jump ready and animated.  Also all her get hit animations are ready.  She can be used as a training dummy.

Nemesis I don't think anything will be starting with her until Medusa is finished.

Offline Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 29, 2022, 01:16:29 AM
    • Skype - Shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #588 on: September 04, 2015, 09:53:56 PM »
Medusa, huh? Man, how much have I missed on this topic lol. I guess this is what I get for never really being around these forums much. So 70% done you say? That's pretty cool! Wonder what all has been done fully~

Offline JasonALMS2010

• Last Login:March 05, 2018, 07:43:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #589 on: September 12, 2015, 01:30:37 AM »
is 2.5 the latest version available for download?

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #590 on: September 12, 2015, 05:54:21 AM »

Yes, 2.5 is available to download, but sometime either this September or October, he will release 3.0 at one point when he actually finishes Medusa, or i think it might be something else that he's doing atm. XP

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #591 on: September 12, 2015, 04:55:04 PM »

Yes currently 2.5 is the latest version.  I'm sending part one of demo 3 to the testing crew tomorrow.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #592 on: September 16, 2015, 03:27:31 PM »
Coding is being wrapped up tonight and will be submitted for testing.  There are 38 characters this time so testing may take a while.

Here's a recap at what's new since demo 2.5

Assist type select.  All characters have an Alpha, Beta, and Gamma assist type.  All assists are unique

Characters with different modes can have their modes selected at the assist select screen.

that way you can start the match in the mode you like without using a meter

New Characters:
Rmika
Felicia
Cody
Haggar
Sodom
Gouki
Q
Tiffany
Batsu
Devilotte
Michelle Heart
Lilith

Life Bars: Authentic life bars like the kind seen in the official vs series games.  Recoverable life is now limited to the red life portion and can be lost when tagged in or snapped in.  You can retain the red life by tagging in through variable counter, variable air raid or variable combination

Baroque: this only works when you have red life, you can cancel any attack other than hyper combos by sacrificing your recoverable life.  attack power increases based on how much red life you sacrifice to perform a baroque.  All subsequent attacks in the combo will have this damage boost until performing a hyper combo.

Tech hits.  Something that's been overlooked and frankly overdue.  Tech out of throws.

on a side note,  S-Variable Combination is now going to be called Finest Combination.  They will be included in the final version of the game, so that all characters will have their designated partner present.

I'll be making an update video for the upcoming characters and changes to the older characters while testing is being done.

Offline imperador

• Forum Member
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #593 on: September 16, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »
"Finest Combination" .. That's a good name :D (And brings some memories of Finest KO from CVS2 XD)

Glad to see the game reached a important level :)

Looking forward on this o/

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #594 on: September 16, 2015, 03:44:57 PM »
Still be needing custom states for this game do you? Of course referring to Midnight Blisses, Shocks, and San Passares~

Offline imperador

• Forum Member
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #595 on: September 16, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »
I forget to ask...

.. The assist selection will affects the Variable Combination? Like, if I choose Bison's psycho shot, my variable combination for him will be Psycho Crusher?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #596 on: September 16, 2015, 05:21:50 PM »
Still be needing custom states for this game do you? Of course referring to Midnight Blisses, Shocks, and San Passares~

1 Midnight Bliss sprite for each character
I'm going to see how capcom fighting jam handled Sangue Passares.  im starting to think they dont all have to be so unique.

I forget to ask...

.. The assist selection will affects the Variable Combination? Like, if I choose Bison's psycho shot, my variable combination for him will be Psycho Crusher?

Currently no.  It's something i haven't decided on yet.

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #597 on: September 16, 2015, 05:31:59 PM »
Capcom Fighting Jam doesn't even have it. That's one move they completely omitted on Jedah there. Can still try for it though, maybe Sky79 or some other spriters here would be interested in trying those for you?

I do have some single sprite Midnight Blisses done by sfaguy if you want to try to use some of those. May have to adjust palettes and whatnot, and may have to fix sprites, but could be something you could use? Up to you.

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #598 on: September 16, 2015, 05:35:58 PM »
My friend BrawlTheMan wanted to ask some questions as to why are there two parts of 3.0, since i know that 2nd part will include Ryu, Ken & someone else that i don't wanna know yet, and could you have an option to turn off the shortcuts to the dash/super jump? He also asked what is S-Variable Combination (changed to Finest Combination). Is it similar to Crossover Combination, but different?

Still, the exact release date is not yet known, but it's on the horizon either by the end of September or at October, but i'll still say it'd be in October until it ends up being delayed again.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #599 on: September 16, 2015, 07:08:20 PM »
My friend BrawlTheMan wanted to ask some questions as to why are there two parts of 3.0, since i know that 2nd part will include Ryu, Ken & someone else that i don't wanna know yet, and could you have an option to turn off the shortcuts to the dash/super jump? He also asked what is S-Variable Combination (changed to Finest Combination). Is it similar to Crossover Combination, but different?

Still, the exact release date is not yet known, but it's on the horizon either by the end of September or at October, but i'll still say it'd be in October until it ends up being delayed again.

There will be two parts because it would take a very very long time to finish Demo 3 with everything i had originally planned to be in it. 

I have a lot of sprite work to do for all the new characters which includes special effects, and in a couple of cases, the character itself.  Rather than delay it for several more months i decided to release half of it now with the game's upgrades and half of the new characters and while people are using this release, i'll work on completing the rest of demo 3 which includes: 4 new stages, updating the older stages, finishing Fiona, Pure, C.Viper, Ryu,Zero, Updating hayato's sprites, editing Ken's sprites, and creating a new select screen.

There won't be an option to turn off the super jump and dash shortcuts, but I'll make sure that they don't trigger during attempted super moves. 

Finest Combination is Like a crossover combination but it only works with certain pairs of characters.

For instance Rockman and Roll
Cammy and Vega.

They're level 3 team supers that are intended to be extravagant and very damaging but only happen with the correct combination of characters.

I'm hoping part 1 will be ready at the end of september but more likely early october.  I want to give the testers enough time to find defects.

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal