collapse

Author Topic: Project Mega Man X  (Read 3583 times)

Offline AxKeeper

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 16, 2016, 08:44:04 PM
  • What? You want credit? Debit or Mastercard? :P
    • Mugen Multiverse
Re: Project Mega Man X
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 08:32:45 PM »
Yeah the more I see it the more I wanna go back and redo that part  ???

Zero attempt number 3...

This time based on the original stance, the foot however is a bit off and the hair could be elongated but I think it passes on a first impression?

"Aren't they already committing a bigger crime by stealing from gaming companies to begin with? Silly goose" :D

Offline jfa

• RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 11, 2014, 01:06:03 AM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 03:20:57 AM »
nice to be a base sprites for sigma..  :(|)

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 04:22:44 AM »

Looks funny with the bottom (the fore legs). Really weird with the legs looking he's dancing and its alignment is off. I'm not an expert in MVC style but observing how the animation looks. I don't want to sound like I'm too strict, but you need the motion for how character moves like.

His running animation looks complicated to edit. Look at some parts what need to be fixed. The head is ok though but other parts, like what I said. You can fix his animation to make it look better to you.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline AxKeeper

• Contributor
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »
nice to be a base sprites for sigma..  :(|)

Sigma would be awesome to get done, but doing X alone is proving to be more work all ready and I haven't even done the special attacks  :o

But Mega Man X will need a boss battle for ssure  ;)

Looks funny with the bottom (the fore legs). Really weird with the legs looking he's dancing and its alignment is off. I'm not an expert in MVC style but observing how the animation looks. I don't want to sound like I'm too strict, but you need the motion for how character moves like.

His running animation looks complicated to edit. Look at some parts what need to be fixed. The head is ok though but other parts, like what I said. You can fix his animation to make it look better to you.

Right right. I changed the frame sequence to play better.

I also got a chance to work on the charge shot animation based on a suggestion from a forum poster's link.

Buster+Variety

Gonna complete the rest so X can bust in any situation ;)

X running shot(s)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:04:02 PM by AxKeeper »
"Aren't they already committing a bigger crime by stealing from gaming companies to begin with? Silly goose" :D

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 08:53:29 PM »
Now its lookin' good. Keep up the good.

Offline AxKeeper

• Contributor
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 08:07:15 PM »
Thanks, will do.

I think i have the gameplay figured out, why don't I share my scheme?

I always wanted to try the arrow feature here.

So the idea is six button but no traditional wise.

So MMX will fire with Y:bp except at a close distance range from Opponent he will instead do a punch combo identical to Samus in Super Smash bros by continuously pressing  :bp+ :bp+ :bp to execute that.  :4+ :bp or  :6+ :bp or  :bp

Buster will be chargeable by holding and then releasing  :bp

While crouching the same move can be done but instead at close range a Mk styled uppercut would work well to get that range and accurate attack. That extension will make a ground attack more successful.  :2+ :bp

While in the Air the same move can be preformed except at close range the move will change into MMX's Helmet crush from MMX1 in the style of Armeddon from TMNT as a 3 hit move. Air+ :bp

I always felt it was an awesome feature that X should have retained. The move itself will allow better range and accuracy for a close range attack.

Punching X  :bp wile standing will be a thrusting punching, a kinda fierce punch in the style of Super smash bros where you hold forward + Punch, except MMX will just X :bp

While crouching punching X  :2+X :bp will perform a ground punch giga crush where a field rises up to cause damage around MMX's body.

Punching X while in Air+X :bp will create MMX's Giga attack from MMX2 except it will be a watered down version where it creates a simple field around MMX's body to cause damage mid air. for any on coming physical attacks.

Z :bp Punching while standing will create a super smash bros field like shield around MMX's body and the principles of pushing  :4+ :4 or  :6+ :6 will will result in dodging into a roll evasion and recovery in it's direction inspired by MML1 and 2.

Z :bp Punching while crouching or in aoir will just create a field shield on X.

The shield feature was inspired by MMX where in one of the games he finds an armor upgrade where after being hit a shield comes up to protect X's body for a moment.

Examples

And that's the idea I have for punching commands :(|)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:12:27 PM by AxKeeper »

Offline AxKeeper

• Contributor
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 07:10:49 AM »
Slide Kick

The first physical non projectile attack from X. I estimate 8-10 more animation moves until the sheet is completed.

Though special attacks will need to be done to, I am not entirely sure how many of them should be done though? Maybe 4-6 solid?

I am definitely thinking Mega man Legends styled specials.

Offline AxKeeper

• Contributor
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 05:46:17 PM »

MEGA PUNCH!!!!   :)

Inspired by the Maverick Hunter X video game cut-scenes.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-86l6vdNE[/youtube]

@5:10

He does a "Mega punch", I am thinking about adding a charge up button hold, similar to super smash bros when holding a directional button at the same time a punch is mashed. I'd like to make it glow to like in that scene in the vid, same green glow would be awesome!

Post Merge: October 19, 2011, 09:23:49 PM

Mega Man X's Boot kick up launch attack. Inspired by mega Man Legends trash can kick.

I think there's about 7 basic attacks left, then I can begin on the special attacks and call it done!   #:-S
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:23:49 PM by AxKeeper »

Offline AxKeeper

• Contributor
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 07:52:54 PM »

An uppercut move for a close range ground attack. Next I'll move onto a simple ground kick, and then maybe I'll start the giga smash move?

More to come ;)

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 10:46:07 AM »

Why does X have a butt crack? :P He might look like a human. We know he's definitely a robot.

The first one looks like he's jumping. Is he supposed to stand or jump? First part looks like he's jumping and then he's standing with his left leg while kicking with his right. Yeah. I played MML before.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline AxKeeper

• Contributor
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 01:35:21 PM »
 o.O#

Yeah thanks for catching that, it was all ready removed after someone somewhere else said  :D

:P

Most of the work comes from the base, sometimes I forget what should go and what shouldn't.

On the kick I wasn't sure either, it was derived from both bases MM & Jin? It may be the last frame though, I may have edited the wrong half on his legs so maybe that's throwing off the key frames order?

I'll check back on it again, thanks for pointing that one out, it definitely needs touching up.

Offline AxKeeper

• Contributor
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 02:04:32 PM »

Okay well since X is gonna get an update by Empawk as a X7 version, i might as well start on Zero so he can start converting him to whatever version he wants. That is if he'll have him  :-??

However I must state that I fully intend to make my personal custom version with the gameplay scheme I have in mind. So Whatever Empawk is gonna do with his I will likely not be doing that with mine.

In fact they will probably have very different gameplay styles and a few different moves, who knows. Whatever the case may be, everyone will get a chance to enjoy multiple versions of X.

So enjoy the splendor that is MMX.  :thumbsup:

Offline AxKeeper

• Contributor
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 07:12:11 PM »
Some new hit-sparx

I tried for literal sparks, like fire scrapes and electrical impact damage.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2012, 03:25:14 PM »
loved the sparks!

Offline AxKeeper

• Contributor
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2012, 03:32:45 PM »
Thanks  I found some online and I mixed them up with MvC effects. It's really easy to make this stuff. You can never do enough customization. I am sure anyone can do better ones to.

When I was working on the MK mugen stuff those creators really set the bar high, they did really detailed & complicated, very small details but you noticed how amazing it was when you saw it implemented.

Always go the extra mile, EYE CANDY makes the difference between an average mugen character and a superb mugen character.  :)

Offline empawk

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 20, 2023, 04:37:37 AM
    • Empawk's Domain
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 01:56:33 AM »

Okay well since X is gonna get an update by Empawk as a X7 version, i might as well start on Zero so he can start converting him to whatever version he wants. That is if he'll have him  :-??

However I must state that I fully intend to make my personal custom version with the gameplay scheme I have in mind. So Whatever Empawk is gonna do with his I will likely not be doing that with mine.

In fact they will probably have very different gameplay styles and a few different moves, who knows. Whatever the case may be, everyone will get a chance to enjoy multiple versions of X.

So enjoy the splendor that is MMX.  :thumbsup:

I'm currently working on making an MVC Megaman X. Could you help me find some spriters to work on my project?

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=37572.0

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar