collapse

Author Topic: Capcom (USA)made it again...first Poison,now this...  (Read 1666 times)

Offline StarXS

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 07, 2008, 09:43:28 PM
  • Legionnaire
    • Mugen Battle Network Blog
    • Email
Re: Capcom (USA)made it again...first Poison,now this...
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 12:37:09 PM »
lol. Who cares about one or two lines being cut out, that kind of controversy will never beat the Uncut Chun-Li shower scene.  :DxDie

what shower scene? never heard of it  :-??
Sf2 the animated movie.  :-w

ohhhh that shower scene... sorry for my lapse, i really gotta buy that movie...and the live action as well

on topic:Yeah, it sucks but sometimes I still get confused from Balrog/Vega/Bison as they're completely switched around between US/Jap games...
If you buy the movie, make sure you get the uncut version. It has a fist on the front cover.
thanks for the heads up :)

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 12:25:08 PM »
If you ask me its not strick enough.  Being Christian is censored everywhere all the time.  But witchcraft and all kinds of sexual junk  is okay?  Why our there so many teen precancies and stuff?
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2007, 01:15:17 PM »
thats a bummer it lose the esence of god rugal  >:P

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2007, 01:19:28 PM »
thats a bummer it lose the esence of ULTIMATE rugal  >:P
fixed  ;*))

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2007, 01:37:11 PM »
thats a bummer it lose the esence of ULTIMATE rugal  >:P
fixed  ;*))

ROFLMAO!
i finally getted it  :DxDie

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 01, 2011, 02:42:13 PM
  • I'm different than before, I'm wearing new shoes!
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 09:47:16 PM »
If you ask me its not strick enough.  Being Christian is censored everywhere all the time.  But witchcraft and all kinds of sexual junk  is okay?  Why our there so many teen precancies and stuff?
exactly what i mean either go full force or no force. its bs to half butt censor things
back from the dead

Offline Freddy Mercury

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 19, 2008, 07:04:55 PM
  • Getting down to Business
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2007, 08:34:26 AM »
you want MOAR of that capcom USA thing and their so called crusade of "censorship"... aside from the Uncut Chun Li and the God Rugal ===> ULT Rugal thing??

(I AM NOT posting this to really make a mock out of USA.. because I respect any country as long as they deserve it)

Check out Sengoku Basara - a DW/SW series spin off games from KOEI made by Capcom..

Sengoku Basara has the same concept of that of Samurai Warriors, in which is based from the Sengoku (Warring States) period.. in which KOEI did first with their game Samurai Warriors... Capcom followed suit with their own version of the hack and slash fest...

the characters in Sengoku Basara are also based from those of the Warring States Period of Japan.. characters like Oda Nobunaga, Sanada Yukimura, Masamune Date, Lady Nohime, Mitsuhide Akechi, Uesegi Kenshin, Takeda Shingen, Honda Tadakatsu, and such are there... that's not too bad right? Japanese history with Capcom's imaginative minds make it win and cool amirite?

But the real story is... when Capcom USA decided to release and market Sengoku Basara in the west, well there was a big name change...

The game Sengoku Basara was renamed to Devil Kings, and the funny part is that all of the Sengoku references where removed too.. hence renaming the cast liek this:

Sanada Yukimura = Scorpio
Masamune Date = Azure Dragon
Lady Nohime = Lady Dragon
Takeda Shingen = Red Minotaur
Uesegi Kenshin = Frost
Honda Tadakatsu = Iron Ox
Mitsuhide Akechi = Reaper
Oda Nobunaga = Devil King

yep, many MOAR renames are there, every battle (like the Battle of Nagashino, Incident at Honnoji, and such) where renamed too... I can't list down so I guess you or I have to Lurk MOAR

(yeah... nice renames Capcom USA... they match very well xp)

WHat's even funnier is that Mitsuhide Akechi (Reaper) was playable in Sengoku Basara... the thing is that Mitsuhide/Reaper compare him in SW series, in Sengoku Basara, he is more portrayed as a violence, bloodshed, murder loving man, heck he was even so evil and menacing even to the point that he is more than Nobunaga (Devil King) himself... in the JAP version of the game, Mitsuhide(Reaper) was playable and he could even attack his own allies (but not kill them)... he did rock in the game and he also had an ending too...

But at US version = Devil Kings, Mitsuhide/Reaper, becomes an non playable character... and because of what, his over menacing portrayal being too exaggerated?...

I can understand why Capcom USA decided to cut out the Sengoku References... maybe for it not to be a clone of the modern + Fantasy + action packed portrayal of the Sengoku Period of Japan like that of Samurai Warriors.. in which Koei already did

The thing really is that Capcom USA is like trying to make their entertainment "clean" for all ages and perspectives... but I just don't get what they did to Sengoku Basara <--> Devil Kings.... heck "Devil" could even not be a "clean" term in Capcom USA's crusade...

its kinda liek A mix of the earlier concepts... Devil Kings.. that doesn't sound much of a "Clean" title, maybe of the word Devil (heck My auntie told me not to even try buy the game... but well lawl) may be a "Bad" word for some.. but Capcom USA said "Nah,,, if we can't use "god" terms to describe some fictional things, lets just use the word Devil... yeah that can describe a Japanese man in history who modernized Warfare and many things in Japan... yeah Devil... and call him a Devil King! XP... YET... they decide to cut out Reaper/Mitsuhide, who is portrayed as someone who can be even more menacing as the Devil King/Nobunaga himself, as a playable character because they think Capcom JP was crazy for portraying such a character in JP history...

"WHAT WERE THEY EVEN THINKING!" - angry video game nerd...

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 08:37:15 AM by Scorpio Baddogai »

Tekken 6 > All other fighterz x3

Offline KristinaNardone

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 05, 2008, 08:01:22 PM
  • XBOXGamertag:Pompous Kristina
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 04:57:33 PM »
Exactly. Silly Capcom USA. 8=|

Virtua Fighter userbar created by Akeme. Thanks, Akeme!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar