collapse

Author Topic: Street Fighter V Thread  (Read 31876 times)

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
Re: Street Fighter V Hype Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2015, 07:06:34 PM »
Just saw this and was reading up on info over at Neogaf now that the embargo is up. I was never a fan of SFIV, just felt wrong in every way possible to me...but I'm actually impressed by SFV. It seems to be a mix of SFA and SFIII with a little good ole SFII in for good measure. The game also looks tons better...SFIV was ugly quite frankly. The new mechanics are nice and add new and fun ways to play as well as bring back some nice things we used to have like parries (well, for Ryu anyway) and alpha counters.

The V system is nice and looks like fun and everybody is unique with their own play style instead of just one main way of dealing with everything. Character individuality is being put back into the series and I like some of the crazy stuff that can be done with these new systems and move sets with the characters so far. Some stuff gives me Marvel vibes which isn't such a bad thing as SF could use a bit more flash and excitement in it's presentation and style.

I'm happy to see a focus back on old school tactics and fundamentals like footsies and whatnot. Gone are those damnable ultras and we get better comeback mechanics this time which reward skill through both offensive and defensive play. It sounds more balanced and putting focus back on hardcore skilled players. This looks like it will be a more tournament worthy SF than SFIV was. It's all just first impressions though so things could change, but so far it looks and sounds good. SF needs to get back to it's roots and back to being a skill based game while at the same time staying fresh and moving the series forward. Let's hope Capcom can stay on track as their record lately hasn't been all that good.

Edit: We may have too many meters to keep track of this time though, but that may be a personal thing.....(DG sucks at Blazblue)  :P

Double Edit: Cammy better be in this or I will flip a table  :P

Triple Edit: Loving this gif, juggles are gonna be nasty in this game  :D

Quadruple Edit: A bit of pressure tactics from Ryu against Nash showing some high level play at work. Sorry for the large gifs.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:00:52 PM by Darkgargos »

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2015, 10:32:32 PM »

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2015, 05:28:56 PM »
Love what I'm seeing so far. The final roster may change my mind. V system seems cool, but not sure if I like all those meters to keep track of. Looks like one too many for my taste. It kind of confuses me. What will use the V meter and what will use the EX meter?

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2015, 10:35:45 PM »
They have to bring that to the Xbox One right, I mean they just have too...
Im not dishing out for a PS4 just for a street fighter game..
.V.!
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2015, 10:36:39 PM »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2015, 10:44:25 PM »
.V.!

Hate to break your heart Scar, but Capcom made an official statement that SFV as a numbered entry/series is 100% exclusive console wise to PS4. This means no "Super", "Ultra" or whatever version will be anywhere else. The only reason we are even getting a SFV is cause Sony ponied up the money for them to make it. Capcom has been strapped for cash and would never had been able to do this without a deal like this with Sony. The PC version is also cause of Sony as well. I know it sucks for Xbone fans, but it is what it is.

Edit: Seems it's rumored or has been leaked that we are getting Birdie and Cammy......thank god for Cammy! Means I won't have to flip that table  :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 12:00:49 AM by Darkgargos »

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2015, 11:53:12 PM »
.V.!
Yeah, as soon as we get Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2015, 12:04:44 AM »
Yeah, as soon as we get Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Too be fair that is a "timed" exclusive and this is a permanent exclusive....SFV isn't going to show up anywhere, anyhow, whatsoever except on PS4 and PC. At least with Tomb Raider once the time is up it has a chance of appearing elsewhere.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2015, 11:34:54 PM »

Cool comparison. Seeing them side by side, SFV graphically looks a lot better than SF4.
I'm really thinking of getting a gaming laptop to be able to play this.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2015, 11:36:10 PM »
I don't think this has been posted yet. If it has, oh well. It's a pretty cool video. :P

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2015, 10:13:18 PM »
Birdie & Cammy Debut on E3

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2015, 10:35:26 PM »
Yup, already knew about Cammy and Birdie since the info got leaked early, but today finally get a look at them. Birdie has really let himself go apparently  :P Cammy on the other hand looks as good as ever, at least now she is not that ugly crap from SFIV. Now that Cammy is official, anybody else who shows up is just a bonus for me.  <------ needs to be a Cammy emoticon here  :P

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2015, 11:04:36 PM »
Her super is Crazy^^ more and more I want to see what they do with the other characters. they all look real extra in combat with their attacks now...damn there mini bosses

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2015, 11:18:05 PM »
I think it has a lot to do with the new systems and mechanics in this game. They finally have something that they have been working hard on in the lab and it shows and they are reworking the characters to feel more fresh and exciting and take full advantage of these new systems and mechanics. SFIV look so incredibly sloppy compared to this, but till we actually get to play it we won't really know how good it is, but I think they are doing their homework this time out.

Cammy just looks so good, glad to have my main back and she has that Marvel craziness to her....well everybody does actually. It's like they took Marvel/Darkstalkers stuff and implemented it to the main SF series. Makes me think all the stuff from the scrapped Darkstalkers 4 got reused for this. I mean if they can't give us a new DS or Marvel game then just make SF have that stuff. At this rate they could toss in the Darkstalker cast and I'd be very happy....they are not more freaky than Blanka and such so they could fit them into the universe with some rework.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2015, 11:30:43 PM »
well in july PS4 owners will get to play the Beta in July so youll get a dose of the game if you have the system. But yeah for damn sure the characters do look real fresh & new from how it looks. Like SF4 was the beta the whole time while this is the real deal lol

DS Ono bailed on because he wasn't too happy how that DS remix went smh.....so now its more focus on a new Rival schools game possibly....

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2015, 11:41:07 PM »
I don't have a PS4, I gave up on consoles actually. I may grab this on PC when it comes out depending on final impressions of it.

Actually DS4 was cancelled by upper management at Crapcom cause they didn't want to waste what little resources they had on a series only a few people care about. It's not big enough to sell, in fact they didn't even want to let Ono make SFV either cause of resource issues and they didn't feel SF was a viable IP anymore. But Ono made a deal with Sony and got funding to convince the suits to make it happen. At this point, I would not expect anything other than SF in terms of fighters from Capcom...we got lucky with SFV. I say Ono should just merge all these series together into SF and be done with it. It would be better than letting all these characters go to waste.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2015, 08:22:11 AM »
Wow, Cammy is in this game? Big surprise. lol A little surprised they're going with Birdie, but looks like they're doing something interesting with him. His V-Trigger looks neat. Like how he turns red.
SF4 seemed to be made up of primarily SSF2 roster. This one so far looks to be taking from the SF Alpha roster.

Ya, I like the added "Marvel Craziness". That may be what is appealing to me the way SF4 didn't.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2015, 12:19:25 AM »
Wow, Cammy is in this game? Big surprise. lol A little surprised they're going with Birdie, but looks like they're doing something interesting with him. His V-Trigger looks neat. Like how he turns red.
SF4 seemed to be made up of primarily SSF2 roster. This one so far looks to be taking from the SF Alpha roster.

Ya, I like the added "Marvel Craziness". That may be what is appealing to me the way SF4 didn't.

SFIV's roster was made up of a mixture of SFII, SFA and SFIII. I think SFV will be no different and get characters from all over the series. Hopefully we get fighters that didn't make the cut for SFIV, Birdie is a start now give me Karin!

The systems in place do seem to take ideas from Marvel and Darkstalkers, but I don't think they will get too carried away with it. This isn't Marvel after all, it's Street Fighter....no hyper beams here....at least I hope not  :P

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2015, 12:07:19 PM »
By the time Ultra SF4 rolled around, it was SF2, SFA and SF3 chars. But the initial release was mostly SSF2 chars if I remember correctly. Capcom needed to play the nostalgia card to get gamers back into Street Fighter. Now that SF is back in the forefront, they can add a lot new chars and don't need 30+ returning characters. I'm more into smaller rosters, I know many prefer large rosters.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2015, 12:09:09 PM »
E3 gameplay of Cammy and Birdie!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2015, 08:05:45 PM »

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:58:07 PM by DEMONKAI »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:15:13 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2015, 11:12:59 PM »
Demonkai, these video are amazing!
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2015, 11:29:23 PM »
Enjoy it all bro :Terry

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2015, 01:18:58 AM »
By the time Ultra SF4 rolled around, it was SF2, SFA and SF3 chars. But the initial release was mostly SSF2 chars if I remember correctly. Capcom needed to play the nostalgia card to get gamers back into Street Fighter. Now that SF is back in the forefront, they can add a lot new chars and don't need 30+ returning characters. I'm more into smaller rosters, I know many prefer large rosters.

Yeah, initially it was SSF2, but then they went nuts and added almost everyone across the series. It was a SF All-stars game...which felt weird to me. I also prefer smaller rosters like we used to have back in the day. 12-15 was more than enough for a balanced fighter, but ever since MvC2 we now get a gazillion fighters packed in with balance tossed out the window. They need to tone it down and have a smaller and more solid and tighter cast. But these days the roster count seems to matter to most people and affects sales. I have a feeling this game will be packed too eventually as it grows.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2015, 09:08:01 PM »
I like that they brought Birdie back, even if I didn't really played with him. Gives hope for more forgotten characters to show up.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal