collapse

Author Topic: The Official DEAD ISLAND Thread  (Read 2119 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
The Official DEAD ISLAND Thread
« on: September 03, 2011, 05:30:50 AM »
i'll See you crazy cats on this game this month. You can definitely catch me as D THE CHEMIST
on XBL rockin this game. for sure friends i know on and offline ill be rockin with to see what this madness is all about ::salute::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=5e7-fWVob00#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKcEFYWoNfE&feature=relmfu#

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:11:40 PM by DeMoNk@I »

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
Re: Count down days to dead island release!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 05:42:03 AM »
I'm gonna need to get me that. Especially since it just looks like Left 4 Dead 3 to me. :)

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 02:32:02 PM »
Can't wait for this man!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 09:14:35 PM »
hell yeh fellaz ill have this tuesday coming! i checked in and my spot will have it so i have it put to the side. ill pick it up before i head in to work that day

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 10:13:29 PM »
Game looks like a wild ride, especially teaming up with friends for some multiplayer goodness  :thumbsup:

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 10:14:32 PM »
just finished paying it off today for PS3.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »
If y'all are interested, this guy has the game and is putting up a walkthrough. I saw the first parts of the game and I'm really impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKQgaming2

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 05:47:42 PM »
If y'all are interested, this guy has the game and is putting up a walkthrough. I saw the first parts of the game and I'm really impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKQgaming2

:O*D

awesome!

CAUTION: SPOILER ALERT though folks! I only allowed myself to watch one particular video in the begining of the story er somethin lol I want to be surprised when i get it tuesday :P

The game looks really interesting even more. i should enjoy it like i hoped 8)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 12:20:15 AM »
So, what do you guys think of the game so far.? I put in like 13+ hours today on it. XD It's a good game but wasn't what I was expecting. From everything I saw, I was expecting pretty much an update to Left 4 Dead. Wasn't what I got at all though. It kinda has the same looks/controls but reminds me much more of Dead Rising 2. With weapon upgrades, being able to overuse a weapon 'til it needs to be fixed, and suppose the general fight style as well.

Btw, I'm using the Logan char (suppose to be good at throwing weapons) but I thought they'd all pretty much get the same weapons throughout the game. Doesn't really seem like it as so far I haven't ran into one single gun.

Thing that probably bugs me the most though is that only when you're online is when you can have the full team of four. If you're offline by yourself, you're literally by yourself going through everything.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 04:35:42 AM »
I like it so far a lot. Im using the Rapper. Im at level 9 now.

The plus factors for me are:

-Co op mode is fun as hell with friends.

-You can level up with friend decently who are higher than you and it will stay that way saved (except the missions you do with them wont save

-The vehicles are indestrcutable (EDIT!: Seem to be indestructable..now i finally seen black smoke)

-You level up fairly easy and quick

-Character progression is a definite plus for that replay value. i spent more time doing side missions than the main

-As you level up your attacks do sufficient damage. meaning sometimes on good timing you can cut a head right off.
Thats cool factor because as the game rolls on these zombies get hell strong and agressive

-You can fast travel like fallout 3 to a degree

-Map is pretty huge and open.

-Flash light Battery RECHARGES on its own slowly...(thats a plus over Alan wake which i like a lot)

Downside factors:

-majorly i dont like how you cant just hold on to soft drinks n stuff and use it to refill your health anytime you want.
once you get it you drink it instantly and use it. thats pretty lame in some situations where you have strayed so far away you can get jumped and you may need that handy health boost. (EDIT!!: the medkits i believe you can hold on to them only. you can use em for health with an injection)

-You cant save whenever you want. I mean theres decent and fast instant saves but for a game like this it should have had that press start and then save feature like fallout

-And i agree with Batz. I kinda miss that CPU assist of partners like Left4dead. But eh i guess being alone is way more creepy
on a Resident Evil level like earlier games before RE 5

Thats it. i cant say much of anything too harsh about the game since its the FIRST of its kind on a fallout/borderlands/game. Im hoping there is a sequel..maybe called "Dead City" er somethin where they tweak on lil things that could be better.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:21:28 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 03:12:09 PM »
I find the game insanely boring so far, even when playing with friends. (:| Seriously debating whether I should take it back to gamestop or not.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 07:56:10 PM »
Yea, forgot to mention that last time. The save thing really bugs me too. It's confusing when you start again 'cause it leaves me wondering if I'm still as far along as I was when I stopped. However, just like with any good game, I had the urge all day today to play it. Just got home, so I think I'll go ahead and play some more. Gonna stick this out 'til the end and see how it all plays out. Am sure the game is much better in co-op and I'll get to that sooner or later.

I've also been doing every single mission I run across, main or a side thing. Can't pass anything up. =P

BigJ: Honestly, I felt the same at first to some degree. Was probably because I was expecting something the game never promised, just stuff I assumed. If I were you I'd stick it out, it does get better and you end up running into much harder stuff. If you decide to sell it though, I'd do it through E-Bay/Amazon so you can at least get most of your cash back 'cause you sure as hell won't from GameStop.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 02:33:24 AM »
I find the game insanely boring so far, even when playing with friends. (:| Seriously debating whether I should take it back to gamestop or not.

lol aw damnz...too slow a pace for ya? i would say stick it out also like batz said but maybe "Rage" (the game) will do the trick for ya in august. It was fun for me with friends. pretty halarious. i guess because we all decided to start the game together, dunno :-??
I can kinda understand how you feel because when borderlands came out (and even bioshock) it was kinda putting me to sleep at first but when i stuck it out one day and just rocked i really got into it and sh*t picked up after a while. Im still on the regular part of the island trying to find that damn plane crash \-/o I can just go to gamefaqs but i dont want to ruin it.

@Batz: yeh man i agree on that save thing too ya said where ya said you be left wondering if you are too far or not when you stopped playing and want to play again lol It auto saves a lot though but at times i dont even be paying attention....i still havent gotten to a gun yet. Ill keep the game. But im sure the next one will be even crazier. I have a feeling it will be in a City. "Dead metropolis" Or "Dead City" perhaps?

They should have made it a bit more creepier where it starts to get darkout side like Borderlands lol
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:18:42 AM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 02:55:28 AM »
Yea, I agree. If they'd of made it so day turns into night and vice versa, it'd of given it a much creepier feel. I was looking for that damn plane crash also but I stopped after a bit and said to hell with it, I'll run into it later. I just got back into the hotel for another mission but I've yet to run into a gun at all (probably on that plane XD). I've done everything else so far though, even the continuous ones once or twice. Except for the champagne finding one, yet to find a bottle of that at all.

(click to show/hide)

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 03:11:16 AM »
Yeah, I gave it some time, its not boring anymore. :D

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 05:13:01 AM »
Yea, I agree. If they'd of made it so day turns into night and vice versa, it'd of given it a much creepier feel. I was looking for that damn plane crash also but I stopped after a bit and said to hell with it, I'll run into it later. I just got back into the hotel for another mission but I've yet to run into a gun at all (probably on that plane XD). I've done everything else so far though, even the continuous ones once or twice. Except for the champagne finding one, yet to find a bottle of that at all.

Same here man! lol i got the (1 bullet pee shooter) gun from the spanish dude whos looking to get his money back from his "Undead" friend. you gotta protect this dude on the way back to the life house..oh god 8=|..i did it but how he was just strolling along and not really running that much and sometimes gettin jacked up  was annoyin to see and giving me a "dead rising 1" horrible flash back :'(. i mean he didnt get killed but it made me fear in wonder i hope there isnt some real hairly jacked up missions where you have to protect people and theyre too stupid to fight or run with you [-O< . But i JUST got in the hotel and man its pretty creepy in there :| The sounds of the music groans of the zombies i guess really f*cks with the nerves a bit lol...that brings me to the next thing. annoyin but cool in a funny way. Dont you hate it when you hear the damn zombies breathing hard and youre like "where the f*ck is this b@stard at?? i hear em! :-SS"...Then all of asudden BAM!! its right there tryin to jump on you or just got up on charging! :D

Yeah, I gave it some time, its not boring anymore. :D

lol welcome back! ^-^ Yeh man at after a while it was gettin dry lookin with certain things for me too but in some situations now it had me up zingin and alert! like now in this creepy @ss hotel where its a mission to get some truck er somethin lol

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 07:58:36 AM »
Huh, haven't ran into that Spanish guy mission, so still no type of gun here. I did already finish getting that truck you're going after though. I'd have some type of molotov or that dee bomb (think that's what it's called) ready for when you get to the actual garage. There's quite a few waiting there for ya. Also, ran into a cut scene in the mission after that that shows all four members of the team together, which kinda sucked since it's still me by myself there.

Fyi, when you run into that special zombie that looks like he has tumors all over.. I honestly don't know what to do with him. I've gone up against him twice, both times hitting him once from far and he does some twitching then you're all of a sudden dead. Doesn't matter how much energy you have, you're just gone. Think I'll just try steering clear of him next time or see what he does first.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 10:13:45 PM »
Huh, haven't ran into that Spanish guy mission, so still no type of gun here. I did already finish getting that truck you're going after though. I'd have some type of molotov or that dee bomb (think that's what it's called) ready for when you get to the actual garage. There's quite a few waiting there for ya. Also, ran into a cut scene in the mission after that that shows all four members of the team together, which kinda sucked since it's still me by myself there.

Fyi, when you run into that special zombie that looks like he has tumors all over.. I honestly don't know what to do with him. I've gone up against him twice, both times hitting him once from far and he does some twitching then you're all of a sudden dead. Doesn't matter how much energy you have, you're just gone. Think I'll just try steering clear of him next time or see what he does first.

yeh hes in a room by himself. one of those huts. its a side mission. forgot his name. and yeh i thought the same sh*tit was bogus how they showed everyone and its just you really lol but hey its still cool haha. yeh i saw a lot of twitchin lil of the time

BUT yo! that mission is a glitch with the airplane sorta u cant do it till a much later chapter lol /:O

forum put me on

they gotta fix that
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:42:49 AM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 05:15:36 AM »
Game's getting a lot more interesting now, am actually within the city. End up getting this chick that can hold items for you and can't say how useful it is now. Especially since you end up running into a bunch of handguns (after you kill looting regular people that try to kill you).

Oh, and I've ran into that dude with the straight jacket now. Have no idea what he can do as the both times I've seen him, I've just thrown a deo-bomb thing at him and it's an instant kill. I also realized how to deal with those tumor looking guys. Don't hit them at all, just get close enough to them so they start twitching then back the hell off. They end up blowing up but as long as you're far enough, they won't hurt you. Any other zombies near him will take the force of a bomb blast though.

Just went through soo many side missions and gonna keep at it some more now.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 05:39:37 AM »
Hell yeh man its gettin deep! lol yeah im now deep in the sewers of the city right now with those "Boomer" toxic spittin fat dudes. The explosive dudes i just shoot em twice er so and they explode. gets too hectic at times to get to em close and then run away. too many infected be houndin me down so i call of duty his @ss from a distance un noticed and he blows up next to the others lol. That chargin dude BE CAREFUL. hes a random spawner. i just have fun runnin circles around the dude beatin em down with that modded flame stick which kills em fairly fast. but that deo bomb is a nice touch to em how you said :O*D. never used it on em yet. Anyway all he does is charges you down and deal heavy heavy damage man. almost critical. sometimes he blind sides you out of no where if youre getting jumped by the infected.

I like how Its enough guns around for me to use bullets now. certain guns i keep though like the magnum and heavy pistol. they put in work! on the humans that iz lol nice head shots >:D Love those shoot outs. especially at the water pump station.

This one old dude protect thats a sewer worker really be fight his old @ss off lol when things get hairy i just go into FURY and tear everything up. that sh*t dont work on the exploding dudes, you will surely die^^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 08:14:51 AM »
Ah, I haven't gotten there yet. I just went through and did all the side missions for both the church and the warehouse that are in the city. I was about to go do that water pump mission. I only tend to use the guns in the shoot outs now, especially with those killer head shots. Love getting those.

And I ran into another of those straight jacket guys but he's yet to get a single shot at me or even get close. Always have a deo bomb ready for him. I saw this one gun shop also, I have no idea how to get into it but there's a bunch of guns inside you can definitely take with you. Swear I saw a shotgun and machine gun in there. Door can't be opened though, windows are barred up, no latter, just don't know how to get in there.

Btw, what the hell is "Fury"? I've seen it mentioned a few times when you're getting those personal upgrades but I'm not even sure if I've used it or what's up with that.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 06:12:17 PM »
Fury is a very important extra ability like an Anger mode in those beat em up games. Its that Red circle around the "fist" icon next to your health. Music changes and everything when it happens. JUst hold down the "B" for a few secs and your ready to go. Screen turns black n white sorta while the enemies highlight in glowing red. Also depending on how you leveled up your attributes it can be very helpful in jacked up situations where you are almost dead. Basically your character goes into a flip out mode. I have the Rapper dude so he puts his dukes up and he has a brass knuckle on. all your punches do crazy damage man. its a last ditch self defense trigger. Its good for those real big zombie brutes that stalk you while everybody else is jumping on you. 1 or a two hits and everybody is dead. again DONT try it on the explosive zombies lol. My char is leveled up where if i take damage it builds up even faster. sometimes i forget its on haha. But it doesnt matter. once you have it charged up it stays that way till you use it. whether you die and come back or not.

Yeah me and my friend saw that gunshop way earlier in the day yesterday when he was walking me through the city a bit before we played our own single game. You cant get in or anything but i believe you can. Cmon heavy shot guns and machine guns?? I saw that too! >:D wow man i think either theres a secret way to get in or you may have to beat the game in order for it to be open so that replay value can be high. Thats just my guess  :-?? lol I got a heavy machine gun anyway though from the supermarket though after havin that shoot out.

Its crazy Batz because we still didnt even get to the PRISON yet. Im sure there will be the pump shot guns and all that ^-^. yeh the video (spoiler) i saw before i got the game was a maximum prison with the inmates in yellow outfits. Anyway One shot kills happen on zombies too i noticed dependin on what gun and possibly what level you on :(|) I didnt it in a panic. i shot ones arm off and he died and ones head clean off. I was usin the Detective heavy pistol. doesnt happen at high rate though lol

lastly..i think i just used a medkit i had on me that whole time :(|)...all my health went back up with an injection.  thats hot!! :w00t:

Post Merge: September 09, 2011, 10:51:52 PM
I found a shotgun on the roof tops in the city in a mission Finding rescue speakers. This mission is crazy annoying because the "Infected" (28 days later) keep freakin comin! ~X(
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:51:52 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
Re: The Official DEAD ISLAND Thread
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 12:31:25 AM »
Damn, had no idea Fury was that good. Probably should of skimmed the booklet before starting as that would of helped a LOT of times. XD It's odd though 'cause the times I've pressed B I accidentally healed myself. At times when I've had full health. -_-

Man, and if it wasn't for that car, I wouldn't of been able to turn off all those fire hydrants quite as easily. I swear, cars must be Kryptonite to those straight jacket guys 'cause I barely touch them with it and they die. And you found a shotgun through that speaker mission.? Awesome, doing that one next as I know I ran across them by accident before. Gotta get back to the game now. :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 12:58:32 PM »
lol yeh man i did the same thing using the injection health. But the stupid thing that gets annoyin is it can be used by mistake also by the right trigger that uses the wepons 8=| When things get hairy i used that sh*t by mistake a few times. As for the car in the city i havent used em once. i seen them but its too many cut offs in teh city to use em, So i always used that Fury Strategically at those fire hydrant spots to turn em off because i know half the time those big brutes where around holding the spot down.

But be warned man that mission i mentioned with the speakers gets to be a b*tch much later. after you do the first 7 i think it is theres like the last 4 in the super Quarantined cut off area to deal with. Oh god man. talk about a freakin nightmare. i was at level 25 at the time and man the "Infected" (the running beserk ones) not the "walkers" do even more damage and they KEEP coming \-/o. they chase you up latters and everything. i had to die at least 14 times man no lie. it got that stupid. My close homie said he stopped playing it until he gets co op assist from me and others because its too unbalanced in difficulty now since we are high level. Back on the island where you start its the same deal there too where zombies damn there kill you with a few hits smdh

But anyway take advantage of that Fury mode man. it saves yours @ss. Check for that shotgun on the roofs like i said 8)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 03:05:03 PM »
I've been watching walkthroughs of this game... looks fun, but looks like there's not much to do for a while.. just stranded on an island with zombies that will actually try to bite you instead of just hitting you like in l4d... which I could never understand, to be honest... since when do zombies hit people that much... *facepalm* Dead Rising got it right sort of though. Looks like Far Cry 2 mixed with Dead Rising 2 so far.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar