collapse

Author Topic: A serious WTF moment in Contra Hard corps upRising  (Read 487 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
A serious WTF moment in Contra Hard corps upRising
« on: March 27, 2011, 04:36:59 PM »
I dont know how the hell my lil lady did it while she was playing Contra but check this out /:O lol

Yeh last week she started at 789 and she was like "yo wtf just happened?? ;*))"

At first i thought that number was just there and said to her  :-j naw this gotta be a glitch. but then as many times i saw her die and continue im like hold up.. :(|)

lol anyway she started at 789 men er somethin last week and i kept paying it no mind. till today when i really sat there and watched her play dying so many times and continueing. Shes using the girl in lvl up mode while im using the guy. Im a the last boss right now but shes on the 5th stage now and them credits is still high as F*ck. I went to game faqs.com to see whats up. theres no cheat code for somethin like that. But i already figured out the normal konami code works and does somethin in the game. i was playin around and it said "Lets rock". i never knew what that sh*t did till i read today at gamefaqs what it does.

well i told her....ight chump...cook us up a new glitch for 999 men in the game!! :DxDie

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
Re: A serious WTF moment in Contra Hard corps upRising
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 05:26:51 PM »

Dude !!! You have to figure out how to get those 999 men. I know this games are hard as f**k, and I always like to have infinite continues... :o

Also, what does the Konami code do?  :-??

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 05:59:19 PM »
Dude !!! You have to figure out how to get those 999 men. I know this games are hard as f**k, and I always like to have infinite continues... :o

Also, what does the Konami code do?  :-??

crazy right?? ;*))

lol well lets hope me or my lady find another glitch by accident for that to happen :D1 :-?? lol...but yeh man from what i read it does looking at game faqs today (since i was baffled as F*ck on how all those continues happend) is change the music on the first stage to the first contra game stage 1 theme as a remix. i was just messin around during the loading screen with the konami code and it said "lets rock" and i didnt know what it did till today  and the other one gives some sort of extra life during gameplay. That i didnt do. it was the remix stage 1 theme.

anyway The game is hella tough man. all those continues are sweet but eventually you want to cut the game off. You have to start all the way at the begining of that stage if u do that of course but during constant play you will continue at the most recent check point. which is ok but at times that check point is a mini boss u dont want to deal with again lol...

so that 999 lives would be handy..

BUT! i just read theres a 30 men code >:D. gamefaqs will show that...its part konami code and somethin else at the title screen

HAIL CROM!!

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 06:41:38 PM »

Niiice !!! I haven't bought the game yet, but I will soon. It's next on the list. I'm caught up with some of the others I haven't played yet like Scott Pilgrim, and some others...  :cool

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 06:52:05 PM »
ah i see 8) Yeh its a very cool game. dont expect it to be super easy either lol. its about as challenging as the past contras. its about as fun as contras 1,2 & and Contra 3 snes. its not sh*tty hard like shattered soldier though. that game is ridiculous. and the TRUE boss is way outtaline. i laughed and turned the game off after experiencing that sh*t, then only years later going back to it with the pro action replay and cheatin my @ss off lol. I ended it against the fake boss normally but the true form boss? hell to the no. I cheated my @ss off that time for that. i wasnt even mad that i couldnt beat em....that dude was mugen to the max cheap 8=| lol...

anyway youll like this new contra. definitely co op mode will give u that same vibe...

i just hope they do double dragon or maybe even battle toads over like that for DLC lol
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:31:55 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 04:25:27 PM »

Awesome !!! I totally agree with you. They should do remakes of a lot of other games like that. I haven't played Shattered Soldier either. I have it in next to the couch with several others I want to play soon. Based on your advice, I think I should be getting that Action Replay then...  ;D

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 02:41:13 AM »
ok i found out what happend when me and my lady was playin. i guess we didnt realize how long we were playin at the time just dyin on certain stages lol. BTW i finally ended this damn game today...pretty touch but still really fun.

anyway this is the trick for 573 continues (i could have sworn i saw like 879 continues at the time :(|))..
eh anyway here goes

TUTORIAL:

1. Play Arcade and/or Rising mode 100 times.

TIP(S):

1. You don't have to beat the stages or the game, you just have to complete a playthrough of your allotted lives.

2. Start up a game and keep getting hit until you die and see the "Continue" screen. Keep choosing "Resume" until you have to restart completely.

3. Once you have 100 games played, you'll have 573 Continues for both gametypes in Singleplayer as well as Mutliplayer (if you are HOST).

thats it! :-??

I got this from youtube because i was really bustin my brain wondering still how the F*ck did we do that! lol
anyway thats the tip right there after searchin on this crazy cool effect discovered. helpful but when you buy Rising R perk from the shop (after you unlock it though) it willgive you 30 men. You have to buy it. its like 50,000,000 pnts. im still trying to work up that money  :DI ended it but its for replay pay back. If i get that and my "Tough guy" perk (for the main dude) that lets you keep your weapon when u get hit, REVENGE will be mine! \-/o

::salute::
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:12:50 AM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 02:48:15 AM »

Playing 100 times to get those continues sounds a bit ludicrous, but most likely it's worth it... :-??

Thanks for finding that out Kai. It is good to know that at least there is a way to beat the game... :thumbsup:

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 02:51:05 AM »
or they coulda just put in a new code to get them but make ya work to figure it out.   ahhh the memories of up up down down left right left right B A select start!  :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 03:11:33 AM »
Playing 100 times to get those continues sounds a bit ludicrous, but most likely it's worth it... :-??

Thanks for finding that out Kai. It is good to know that at least there is a way to beat the game... :thumbsup:

thats just it we didnt play 100 times in one sitting :-j lol...i think over time it got up to that day after day and dying...
my lady played it more than me so i guess the death tolls helped a lot lol....anyway it was fun when it did happen. quite halarious..

anyway youll like the game when u decide to get it...A lot of upgrades :thumbsup:

or they coulda just put in a new code to get them but make ya work to figure it out.   ahhh the memories of up up down down left right left right B A select start!  :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yeh that too  lol :-??

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 04:18:57 AM »

It's cool, but is still messed up, because I would like to get them right away and finish the game, and not have to sit through for a week to get the credits...  :'(

Anyway, it is what it is... 8=|

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 05:18:01 PM »

It's cool, but is still messed up, because I would like to get them right away and finish the game, and not have to sit through for a week to get the credits...  :'(

Anyway, it is what it is... 8=|

:D No worries you have too many upgrades and plus that unlockable 30 men perk to buy ;). the bosses and stages are fairly challenging man. If youre not leveled up and clipped up (lives and weapons) you will definitely die a lot and continue a lot. The fun factor in the game will have you not paying attention to that at all. By the time you realize you died so many times that credit special will happen. Thats what happened to us and why i thought it was a glitch! :D

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar