collapse

Author Topic: SSFIV: AE First impressions & Updates  (Read 5715 times)

Offline djj4life

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 26, 2015, 12:47:44 PM
  • A Proud Member of C.R.O.M
Re: Evil Ryu & Oni released in SSFIV: AE!!!
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 09:09:31 PM »
Nope

Capcom Will Make SFIV AE for the consoles within this year or early 2012((Hopefully that includes the PC))

Charge Peeps $60 (($70 for the collectors edition)) *Iceman ThumbsDown!* *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Hopefully they throw in the remaining casts from SFA3 ((Karin,Sodom,Charile)) & SFIII((Urien,Alex,Hugo,Elena etc))

(click to show/hide)

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2011, 10:01:52 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that Oni may not be a soupped-up Gouki, but Gouken as a what-if version being consumed by Satsui no Hadou? I mean, Gouki has already given himself to the essence of Satsui no Hadou, and his "Shin" version doesn't change how he looks, either (just him fighting serious). Looking at Oni, his size is similar to Gouken's, his stance and movements are similar, he has better health than Gouki's (we know how bad that is), plus it would be a new addition that wouldn't change the the SF history similar to the Evil Ryu concept.

Just a thought, guess we wait until Capcom releases some info on Oni.

its Gouken when he was younger and accidentally set his hair on fire. There had to be a reason gouki has a head full of hair.

Seriously though ya he does resemble gouken but there are more elements in him that ressemble gouki IMO. How i wish these were relased in japan a couple weeks ago, that way we could have played them, not saying i wont try to main yun a little once hes out but im obviously a shoto fan.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:07:24 PM by vyn »

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Combo Trainer for Capcom & Namco games
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 11, 2015, 01:01:32 PM
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2011, 11:43:51 PM »
Hey. What's up with his (Evil Ryu's) chest hole
Possible UMvC3 JP voice for Marvel side as FREE DLC Pack:
MvC3: Marvel JPN VA List by ~LarsMasters on deviantART

Offline djj4life

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 26, 2015, 12:47:44 PM
  • A Proud Member of C.R.O.M
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2011, 12:20:29 AM »
Hey. What's up with his (Evil Ryu's) chest hole

After Ryu's evil intent got sealed by Gouken((SFIV Gouken ending)) Gouki shows up to challenge him to a death match,
with the winner claiming Ryu. ((Street Fighter IV Gouki ending))

Its safe to assume that Gouki won the duel and broke Gouken seal by using Kongou Kokuretsuzan which in turned caused the huge hole in ryu's chest and released the evil intent
inside of Ryu ((That what I think happened))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:33:47 PM by djj4life »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2011, 02:04:59 AM »
its Gouken when he was younger and accidentally set his hair on fire. There had to be a reason gouki has a head full of hair.

Seriously though ya he does resemble gouken but there are more elements in him that ressemble gouki IMO. How i wish these were relased in japan a couple weeks ago, that way we could have played them, not saying i wont try to main yun a little once hes out but im obviously a shoto fan.

True that. I would've liked to at least try out these two "evil" characters. As for Oni's identity, it better not be some crazy DBZ fusion bit where Gouki and Gouken "fused" while fighting in that volcano  :D

@djj4life: Sounds feasable. It's nice to know that Satsui no Hadou is true power, indeed! It not only can resurrect a person from the dead who has a hole blown through his chest...but it grows hair, too :thumbsup: 

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2011, 04:05:04 AM »
The hole in the chest comes from the Ryu Final manga, in it Shun Goku Satsu finished with a punch through the victims chest, in the end gouki uses it on ryu who with his last energy shoots a hadouken to gouki piercing his chest as well. A picture of ryu is shown later and ryu is all well with a big scar on his chest.

Some pics courtesy of black jack
(click to show/hide)

Oni kinda looks like gouki in the final battle but not too much really.
(click to show/hide)

Also some links with good info

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/1/22/exclusive-oni-akuma-and-evil-ryu-media-move-sets-impressions.html

http://shoryuken.com/content/evi-ryu-oni-akuma-impressions-red-rapper-3261/

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/23/evil-ryu-ssf4-specials-and-ultras-breakdown-stamina-info/ (Very good).

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/22/oni-akuma-surfaces-ssf4-ae/

NOTE: Youtube is banning accounts featuring Oni or Eryu footage due to copyright violation according to capcom, its a stupid move on their behalf som im warning you guys in case you intended to upload something.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:13:46 AM by vyn »

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2011, 11:16:26 PM »
true story vyn on it being a stupid part on Capcom to ban video play. I think its better to let their "Now released" arcade title to be exposed so more gamers can know its actually out there and worth spendin change on to play or save their bucks for a lil console release later if possible.

But anyway i finally got to see the game up close (that and Kof 13 which was hella cool) in CTF arcade. I was out gettin dead space 2 in chinatown and i ran into an old friend who reminded me it was in the CTF. so i took a lil stroll there.

first thing i saw when i cane up on the line up of machines was some asian kid puttin the abuse on someone with ONI Ultra lol smh. sh*t is tight lookin even more once u see it up close. its hella dramatic. Coulda swore i was watchin "Asuras Wrath" trailer for the 7th time :D

I didnt stick around long enough to see if someone would use Evil ryu but Great game play :thumbsup:
(it also seems everyone likes picking ONI i see)

>:-(-|

Snk are idiots if they dont release kof 13 for consoles. After seein it today in action with the neo max supers n stuff going on and two cats brawlin who actually know how to play im even more pissed off i dooped myself in to buyin that dry kof 12 long ago. now im extra thristy to trade in that crap for kof 13 :-w
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2011, 12:37:37 PM »
Think I'm gonna head to CTF after work . I got like 2 1/2 hours to kill, it'll give me a great chance to check out the evil duo.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:47:28 AM by Sabaki »

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2011, 08:23:31 PM »
(digging in couch cushion for change ) lol!! I'm gonna try to head over there tomorrow and check out kof 13. not too interested in ssf4 if that one is realeased separately in the form of super duper sf4 on console, maybe hahhahaha. oni reminds me of silver from kof XI

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »
News is kinda dying out but for those interested this site has a few very high quality videos of the new shotos.

http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/video-super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-SU00007118v.html?pf=arcade-160041

Not the best fighters but its good to analyze moves properties when used out of combos and of course to admire their looks. For example Onis FA has poor range but its lightning fast so it should be great to punish lowsy jump ins or as combo resets like makoto.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:01:48 PM by vyn »

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
SSFIV balances wont make it to console.
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2011, 07:48:02 PM »
Apparently AE is broken O_O

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/24/no_home_super_sfiv_ae/

Now just to make it clear we are not sure on AE characters relased for consoles, he said nothing about that.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
Re: SSFIV balances wont make it to console.
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2011, 08:19:20 PM »
I think this is a case where we need to read in-between the lines (wish they'd link us to the original interview in Japanese for this). While he does have a point about the console version being balanced to a certain point, I don't think that's the main reason why we won't see the AE version for home. Could be that some elements & features will be impossible to implement as a patch. Who knows?

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2011, 12:29:37 PM »
youre right, i first saw the news on a spanish site and the title was like "yun,yang,oni and eryu wont make it to console!!" so i looked for the somewhat original link and it had nothing to do with that, ill keep my eyes open for the original japanese interview though.

I guess this means the console next balance wont be the one from AE but something in the middle.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:17:59 PM by vyn »

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2011, 04:04:08 PM »
Does anyone know where the arcade editions are located in the US? Like... just major cities.. or what? downtown Chicago? New York City?

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2011, 09:52:28 AM »
Does anyone know where the arcade editions are located in the US? Like... just major cities.. or what? downtown Chicago? New York City?
In NYC you can find 6 SSF4: AE cabinets at Chinatown Fair (despite the rumors of it closing down , it's still open and in full operation). Good spot, locals are cool and all, some well known tournament players hang out there (I think I saw Aquasilk there last Friday).

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2011, 02:44:42 PM »
No mention of Chicago though? :'(

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2011, 05:12:01 PM »
well he definitely didn't say that the AE characters wouldn't become dlc and that's all we really want. arcade edition itself isn't that much different in gameplay just in the tournament modes and title unlocking. i really hope the characters make it in the balances won't be hard to make that way since they will only change the new guys up to fit with the roster. i am sad that some of those tweaks aren't going to be added though i was excited about gen's updates :'(

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2011, 07:56:09 PM »
In NYC you can find 6 SSF4: AE cabinets at Chinatown Fair (despite the rumors of it closing down , it's still open and in full operation). Good spot, locals are cool and all, some well known tournament players hang out there (I think I saw Aquasilk there last Friday).

/:O wait...they still talking about closing chinatown fair?? damn it!! :'( i thought that blew over when SF4 came through  ???
well i HOPE thats a rumor man. that arcade is like a freakin time capsule to childhood gamer memories :(. man if all these arcades are closing down then whats the point of companies STILL making games come to arcades first? eh anyway man that sucks on the rumor smh.

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2011, 06:49:49 PM »
/:O wait...they still talking about closing chinatown fair?? damn it!! :'( i thought that blew over when SF4 came through  ???
well i HOPE thats a rumor man. that arcade is like a freakin time capsule to childhood gamer memories :(. man if all these arcades are closing down then whats the point of companies STILL making games come to arcades first? eh anyway man that sucks on the rumor smh.
There was talks & reports about CTF closing for almost the past two weeks. It was rumored the soke was closing on the 23rd, but it didn't. Still open but from what I heard they may relocate to Williamsburg. You know what that means, gonna have to rock on down there by the L train  :'( . I'm heading down to Chinatown this weekend to check up on CTF as well as to pick up a new game.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2011, 07:51:10 PM »
There was talks & reports about CTF closing for almost the past two weeks. It was rumored the soke was closing on the 23rd, but it didn't. Still open but from what I heard they may relocate to Williamsburg. You know what that means, gonna have to rock on down there by the L train  :'( . I'm heading down to Chinatown this weekend to check up on CTF as well as to pick up a new game.

ah ok now i see. This all adds up now. Yesterday a homie from NJ said they are supposed to have had closed on the 28th last month and is movin to Brooklyn. williamsburg is right down the way from me on that J train a few stops. so ill have to see whats hoody with that now :O*D

HAIL CROM!!

Offline HyperGogeta

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 30, 2011, 08:10:17 AM
  • I can has text ;3
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2011, 11:07:20 PM »
Is Ono.... Is Ono retarded?  /:O

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: SSFIV: AE Impressions & Updates
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2011, 03:07:40 PM »
All SS4: AE topics are now merged. Thanks again Vyn & sabaki for the updates ::salute::

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2011, 06:24:01 PM »
has anyone in nyc went by chinatown fair lately . i went tuesday after picking up a game from j n l and the place was closed!!! i hope someone tells me it's open. it would be a shame , cuz it's been around forever.....

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »
has anyone in nyc went by chinatown fair lately . i went tuesday after picking up a game from j n l and the place was closed!!! i hope someone tells me it's open. it would be a shame , cuz it's been around forever.....

what it is my dude they are moving to BK. to williamsburg. thats down the way from me on the Jay Line. Two cats confirmed it. My peoples Kid2Nice and Now Sabaki. Where exactly, im not sure about that :(|) But thats good money that its closer to me now :). sooner or later we will get the scoop where at exactly. Williamsburg is pretty quiet and cool. Now If it was in East New york Near Linden Projects (lol) it wouldnt be so Friendly ill say that for sure :D

But honestly they should have moved Downtown Brooklyn. Down there is starting to look like Soho Manhattan on the low.

eh anyway im going to miss it being in Chinatown though. It just felt right being there :(

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2011, 06:43:36 PM »
you right about it being just right where it was kai!! you had the mega cheap food on canal and can sit on the steps outside to eat or chill in the park. but it it ends up under the j , like where the comodore was , that's good money too. Linden p's ??!! mad people will be getting robbed lol !!! i hope j nl stays though i was going to both since high school. a buddy of mines showed me both places when i went to graphic arts high school and have been going there ever since......

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[Today at 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal