collapse

Author Topic: SSFIV: AE First impressions & Updates  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
SSFIV: AE First impressions & Updates
« on: January 04, 2011, 06:24:25 AM »
Since it's already out and not many people have the chance to play it in the States, I feel like sharing my experience after trying it out for abit. Anyone else who's tried it, please feel free to share your thoughts as well. Currently, I'm in Japan for New Years, so you know I gotta get my hands on this game  :) (even though it came out in CTF in NY a few days before I left, but I had no time to go due to preps for my trip  :( )

Today, I went to a well known arcade called Club Sega in Shinjuku (this is in Tokyo) and got a chance to sit down and play it. There's 8 machines total there, and the wait wasn't that long. Unfortunately, I couldn't play it very long for the competition there is pretty cut throat. I played with Ibuki and Guile and lost, first to a Vega (claw) user by the username of 汚血 (filthy Blood) I think, who's BP was over 21000. Next was to an El Fuerte player whose username was too long to remember, and BP was over 17000. I faired better with Guile, for I was able to go toe-to-toe with the El Fuerte player for all 3 rounds (3 out of 5 setup there) and avoided his Propella Tortilla and U1 setups easily while getting some licks in before getting my butt served by his upclose pressure game  :D . Was gonna play some more, but by then more skilled players arrived and the competition was way out of my league, so I watched for the remainder of the time.

For those who understand the setup in many arcades in Asia, or countries who are fortunate to have some Japanese arcades improted, all the SSFIV: AE machines are linked together on a network. Because of this, it doesn't matter which machine you're on, for once someone comes and occupies any other machine (it can be on the other side of you, far away from you, or even the one right next to you) you will automatically be put into a versus match with that person (While the settings may be different depending on the arcade, at Club Sega this is how they did it). This was pretty annoying because You wouldn't get a chance to play the CPU very long, for you're always automatically paired up with someone to do battle with. No time to practice, and I didn't bring my PS3 with me to at least practice with SSF4 either.

Some analysis I have on some of the characters:

1) Vega (claw) - Still has very deadly combos, for he can still link Crouch Medium Punch back-to-back very easily and poke away at the proper distance. Cosmic Smart (DF+Heavy Kick, I forget what it's called in English) Is not so bad on block like how many people think it is; there's no time to do anything afterwards if the opponent blocks, but you can block fine immediately afterwards as well...as long as you don't do it close-blank range (which no one should do in the 1st place unless to cross over an opponent who's on the floor). One deadly combo I saw was Jump Heavy Punch->Close Stand Heavy Punch (2 hits)->crouch Medium Punch->Ex Wall Jump (this hits the opponent) to Izuna Drop.

2) Guile - Although I played with him, I didn't learn anything 'cuz my opponent didn't give me the chance. Fortunately, someone else played as Guile and I could see some things about him. Damage's pretty low on some key moves like Fwd+Heavy Punch and Flash Kick. Air Throw works fine, don't know why there's been so much worry about it being useless. Reverse Spin Kick comes out easily and was used alot. Combos are pretty much the same that were used that I've seen used in SSFIV. An interesting set up I saw was a FA out of range (opponent was maybe a hop distance or 2 away), then a Somersault Explosion the instant the Guile player recovered. This looked great in case the other player tried to rush in and punish.

3) Juri - Not much. Fuhajin stocking was used alot so to do Light Attack->instant projectile shots, but other than that the guy lost pretty fast.

4) El Fuerte - The guy playing his was awesome! His new Stand & Crouch Jab pressure game's quite impressive, although honestly I feel that it could be done abit in SSFIV. Some of the pressuring tactics was using Crouch Light Punch and Crouch Light Kick together with his fwd+Medium Kick, using Habanero Dash and Habanero Back Dash and canceling them quickly for distancing purposes, and so on. Other than that, gameplay's still the same. Some interesting setups I saw (and experienced) was doing a close Habanero Back Dash->Propella Tortilla upclose that fails to hit an opponent who dodges, then option selecting to either EX Guacamole Leg Throw (opponent jumped back), or U2 (opponent back dashed). There was another set up where U1 is used in a similar situation (or it was the same, can't remember) where if the opponent jumps, U1 immediately to not only chase afterwards but to connect after the opponent lands (this worked 99.9% of the time, for the opponents won't have any time to avoid after landing on the ground if timed right).

5) Dee Jay - This guy's definitely coming up the ranks. He seems alot easier to use, his charge time for Air Slasher is defintely shorter, and his basics have better priority (crouch Heavy Punch works wonder as an Anti-air now, even against Yun and Yang's Jump Down+Kick attack). Comboing U2 is much easier, too. All in all, he's like Guile in SSF4: a lotta pressure potential

6) Yang - Looks like players have their basic strategy with him, and his combos have been discovered. I won't say his Stand Light Punch is THAT fast, but it's fast enough. Combos like Stand Light Punchx3->Crouch Medium Kick->Mantis Hands are the norm. Resetting combos through Close Medium Kick->Jump cancel->Jump Down+K is pretty cool to see, but pretty risky since for Yang doing as much damage on confirmed hits and combos is very important, and a reset delays the fight (which is no good in his favor). Seienbu is cool to see in action, but the standard combo seems to be Crouch Light Punchx2-Dash Fwd->Repeat. At one point, a Yang player tried to mix in Jump,Down+Kick but it was too slow to combo in. Push back is huge during Seienbu, making it not as flexible as Yun's Genei Jin. U1 us easy to connect as a counter, especially on reaction for it has good reach. I think one combo I saw was Mantis Hands->FADC->Seienbu. I think I saw it connect once, and another time it failed, but I think it depends on the timing. Other than that, he's pretty weak, but if you can apply pressure and avoid taking damage yourself, you can pretty much win with him.

7) Zangief - Based on the player, but he can either be super strong or easy to beat. Ex Banishing Flat->Light Screwdriver is overrated, for opponent can counter or just jump away even if they get hit by Ex Banishing Flat. Siberian Blizzard has incredible range now that you can steer it forward (if you are in the air you are caught no matter what), but if it misses boy he is wide open for any type of punishment of your liking.

8 ) Balrog (boxer) - Pretty much the same. Other than a slight decrease in damage and less usage of Buffalo Headbutt other than as a counter, gameplay still seems the same. The Balrog player didn't used his Close Medium Punch for the new combo setups, but it's probably because he wasn't used to it yet for actual usage in battle.

9) Blanka - Less Ball usage other than as a counter on wakeup or as a reversal on an opponent who's wide open. Other than that, his Electricity seems to come out much faster, especially when you want to combo with it.

10) Cammy - Still great. One Cammy player I saw pretty much used the same combos that players like Sakanoko made famous (wasn't him there, though, I'm sure) and was dominating the scene for abit. Less Cannon Spike usage for obvious reasons (not very safe unless at low height, which it cannot be done at other than the Ex version), although I saw Cannon Spike->land->Crouch Heavy Punch connect successfully. Despite alot of speculations that I read on the 'Net, her gameplay's not hurt due to the height limitations on Cannon Spike, for her options are still great & plentiful.

11) Hakan - Din't see too much high-level gameplay, but I will say that his oil up move is SAFE! So safe, it's not even funny. To elaborate, Light Oil is 100% safe, even upclose (that is, if your opponent hesitates), Heavy Oil needs to be done far away. The Hakan player was pretty good, lotta Crouch Heavy Kick to knock down and Light Oil quickly.  Basics are definitely better, with Stand Heavy Punch having alot of priority. 

That was about it worth reporting. There was a Ryu user, I think a Guy user, and I was the only one who selected Ibuki, but nothing spectacular in their gameplay (including mine). Another thing to note, Daigo Umehara frequents Club Sega and he has the highest BP rank there. Unfortunately, he wasn't there today.  I'll be going back again, or to another game center that has it. Also waiting for Vyn to get down here so we can hold up 2 machines and practice together.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:24:28 AM by DeMoNk@I »

Offline Renegade65

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 11:14:26 PM
  • MvC Vanessa and Mary Plz. I will Help and Learn.
    • Email
Re: SSFIV: AE Impressions
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 08:15:56 AM »
Did you see any Honda players there?

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 11:31:38 AM »
Naw, no Honda players, unfortunately. Just the characters I mentioned above. Oh, and another thing about Guile, Sonic Hurricane lost a lot of its priority due to its delay on start up. It is USELESS as a wake up now, plus the damage is not worth it. Apart from executing it just out of attack range and/or to snuff a projectile, I don't see it being a useful Ultra anymore.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »
was vega's ex rolling crystal flash tweaked? when you do it it takes a few frames before the attack becomes ex unlike gen and blanka's similar attacks who are immediately ex when you do it. bcause of this ex rolling crystal flash gets canceled by almost anything  :(

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 05:35:06 PM »
Yeah, I think so. To be honest the Vega player didn't use it once, not even for chip damage after knocking his opponent down who had maybe 1-2 pts life left. Same with his back flips. He was able to juggle his opponent with Ex Scarlet Terror->Scarlet Terror for 3 hits. Actually he used Scarlet Terror a good bit, usually an anti-air or for short combos.

Now I'm remembering some more things. There was a Gouken player, but nothing to write home about. The guy played him too much like Guile and turtles all day. From the little things I saw, though, he combos much better with his basics, being able to link Crouch Light Punch->Crouch Light Kick->repeat better, as well as mixing in Crouch Medium Kick to keep up close range pressure. His counter move was used only once as an anti-air using the Heavy version and it worked fine, but there were no other attempts with it when his opponent (the Clammy player I mentioned earlier) was on the ground. Back throw does little white damage, while the guy used back throw->SC (Shoryuken) combo a lot. No Hyakki flip used, which was disappointing, for from some vids gives Gouken more options for mixups and getting in to use his basics more. After he lost though he switched to Guile...and played him the same way: turtled all day.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
sounds like a very interesting time ya had out there man :O*D. Thanks for the current heads up. I think i may head down to chinatown in sometime to see whats up since the snow here in NY has let up much better 8)
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 02:50:17 AM »
That was a really good read Sabaki. I was fearing a little bit for El Fuerte from what I read online. Hope you get to train more the next time you go. Could I ask you to mention anything if you see any Viper players?

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 03:27:29 AM »
@DEMONKAI: NP. Yo, tell me did sanitation clean up the streets yet? When I left to travel on Dec. 28th the streets around my way were still covered in snow.  A few days later I read that sanitation was instructed not to clean up the streets by the higher ups, so they're catch some controversial heat. I'm heading back to NYC next week Monday, and I don't wanna drag my suitcase through the snow again like I did trying to hail a cab to get to the airport....

@Warcueid: Thanks. To be honest, El Fuerte got a lot of good things going for him more than people give credit for. Sure, his learning curve is steep and a lot of mixups is needed to win, but I still think he's a great addition to SF. That one El Fuerte player is a really good player, and gives a good show. It was nice to see how long I could stand up against him, and I feel if I had my controller (yes, I'm a pad player) I probably could've done better and given him better competiton.

No Viper players there as far as I can remember. I guess it was all timing. If I had stayed there longer, or go at night (New Years vacation time for companies and schools are over today, so the arcades should be more emptier during the day) I'll probably see more skilled players there. I'm planning to go again this Friday and maybe Sunday if my schedule's open. After that, I'll be heading to CTF in NYC to play some more.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 03:55:15 AM »
@DEMONKAI: NP. Yo, tell me did sanitation clean up the streets yet? When I left to travel on Dec. 28th the streets around my way were still covered in snow.  A few days later I read that sanitation was instructed not to clean up the streets by the higher ups, so they're catch some controversial heat. I'm heading back to NYC next week Monday, and I don't wanna drag my suitcase through the snow again like I did trying to hail a cab to get to the airport....

yeh theyre on their A' game now with the clean ups happening cuz the Feds has dug into the sanitation screw up now lol. yeh Its lookin like a big crime^^. But In the city it should be good ta go. But like in Brooklyn, queens or whatever its still some funky situations but the sun is melting things down anyway to help so by the time you get back (if it doesnt snow like that again) things should be flavaful to roll ya luggage through ;)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 04:22:44 AM »
yeh theyre on their A' game now with the clean ups happening cuz the Feds has dug into the sanitation screw up now lol. yeh Its lookin like a big crime^^. But In the city it should be good ta go. But like in Brooklyn, queens or whatever its still some funky situations but the sun is melting things down anyway to help so by the time you get back (if it doesnt snow like that again) things should be flavaful to roll ya luggage through ;)
Ah, that's good to know. I'm in Brooklyn and the only streets I know they cleaned up are the ones in Brooklyn Heights (saw that on tv) and Ocean Pkwy around my way :D . I'm sure there were more before I left, but my main concern was my block, and getting off my block was hard.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 04:27:21 AM »
Ah, that's good to know. I'm in Brooklyn and the only streets I know they cleaned up are the ones in Brooklyn Heights (saw that on tv) and Ocean Pkwy around my way :D . I'm sure there were more before I left, but my main concern was my block, and getting off my block was hard.

oh ight cool beans fellow brooklynite 8) Yeh its still pretty funky in our neck of the woods as usual but by the time u get back like i said it should be good money man. haha maybe a bit Icey though if folks on ya block is stingy with that salt movement^^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 04:31:25 AM »
Sabaki ya gotta tell me man...is my boy Abel really nerfed that bad as i done heard from posts here? If so...... :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 06:22:31 PM »
Naw, no Abel players that I saw. I will be going back again on Friday so hopefully I can report on more characters.

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 04:08:56 AM »
@Warcueid: Thanks. To be honest, El Fuerte got a lot of good things going for him more than people give credit for. Sure, his learning curve is steep and a lot of mixups is needed to win, but I still think he's a great addition to SF. That one El Fuerte player is a really good player, and gives a good show. It was nice to see how long I could stand up against him, and I feel if I had my controller (yes, I'm a pad player) I probably could've done better and given him better competiton.

No Viper players there as far as I can remember. I guess it was all timing. If I had stayed there longer, or go at night (New Years vacation time for companies and schools are over today, so the arcades should be more emptier during the day) I'll probably see more skilled players there. I'm planning to go again this Friday and maybe Sunday if my schedule's open. After that, I'll be heading to CTF in NYC to play some more.

Aww, regardless it was great info. Do the AE cabs have pad support? I remember the KoFXIII having them.

Believe me, I can understand the frustration of going to an arcade with that feeling of "I'm not gunna play as good cause I don't have a pad." I'm doing well with my current Viper, but sometimes those SJ cancels can be a real pain. Anyways hope you have fun when you go again.

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 05:38:16 AM »
Man that was some great report. I recomend going to akihabara electric town, all the arcades i saw there had no  lines at all, i was able to play the whole story mode without a single challenger coming in so it was great practice with the two brothers. Of course that also means i couldnt see pro players either.

Will be back with a report soon.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 06:21:00 AM »
Het, cool man! I was actually close by to Akihabara today, Vyn (like 2 stations away). Guess I should've stopped by  :D . Looks like you can elaborate more on the brothers, then. I went to Club Sega again and saw more good thongs then before, plus played only with Yang and gotta say I'm pleased! Current typing my report as well, be back shortly.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 08:22:46 AM »
Alright, here's my report for this Friday, basically, same place, but this time at night. Place was packed more than the 1st time I went there, but I was able to play a few games. Competition was even better than before because more good players were there, and a variety of characters were used. As a whole, the players there are getting more technical with basic attack links and frame traps. Almost all characters used had some form of footsie and pressuring style used, which is showing more of a balance for all characters in terms of fighting upclose with basics. Okay, not to focus on specific characters.

Yang - the only character I played today. Plays great imho, despite being a completely new experience. He is pretty quick & mobile, and once you get in close you can pressure easily with Light Punch and Light Kick. Crouch light attacks are safer, although Stand Light Punch comes out like a blur. After connecting with about 2 Crouch light Punch, better switch to crouch light kick for longer reach. Middle attacks can then be mixed in and then cancel into specials (preferably Mantis Slash). Crouch Heavy Kick's good as a quick knockdown so to jump in with Jump Down+Kick for pressure, then start up the close attack pressure again. I also like fwd+Medium Kick for mixups in the close pressure game, for after battering a few of my opponents with crouch light attacks, I tossed this in at times, then switched back to crouch light attacks. FA is cool looking, but risky to use like Ken's because when you release the buttons to attack Yang lunges forward abit before striking, making it slow despite having good reach. Looks cool and I was able to crumple my opponent a few times with it, but it's safer to just use it to absorb an attack then FADC.

From messing with his specials, Mantis Slash is all purpose use, whether for combing, chip damage, poking, etc. This move I used the most. Senkyutai Is good as a counter against projectiles, or as a anti air, but it's not all what it seems. As a projectile counter, it really depends on how far away you are from your opponent and whether you can read when they will attack. If your timing's off, opponent can block easily, and you'll need to FADC to back dash away. Unfortunately, I kept forgetting to do so, so I got punished a lot while coming down from the air. As an anti-air, Light version or EX version are the best, especially the latter cuz no matter where your opponent is in the air it will track and catch them. The EX version was the one I used the most because...well it got the job done. Next, the Palm Strike is okay, but probably best for combing because it is slower than Yun's imo. I kept it only for combos, and mainly used the Medium version since you can pressure afterwards since the opponent's not knocked away. I also tried the teleport and gotta admit it's fast! It crosses up the opponent too, but I think EX version is the only one that is invincible. Anyways, feels like it can be used similar to Ibuki's teleport, but maybe with less risk. No chance to use his Seienbu or Raishin Mahaken, so can't report on those yet. All in all, I will be using him more often.

Makoto - Yep, she's got buffer big time! First, her combo ability has been increased greatly, for she can actually link her attacks better. From what I saw, you can link Light Punch repeatedly, whether crouch or stand. Light kick can be tossed in the mix, especially crouch light kick for reach. Some of the combos I saw where mainly LPx3 ->CLK->Hayate, LPx2->SMPx2,CMP->Light Hayate->CMP->Hayate, and some others. She also juggles better, much better than before thanks to the buff Fukiage got. From the looks of things, her gameplay's now closer to SFIII: 3S, and then some. She moves faster now, at least her dashes. As was reported in the Developer's Blog, both fwd and back dashes are faster and end quicker. She also covers a lot of ground with both, but take note that FADC seems to use her old dashes from SSFIV.

C.Viper - I watched her gameplay abit. Didn't see anything new other than players doing more light punch->light kick links. I saw some good matches with her, but honestly she's the same, so Viper players can pick her up easily.

Blanka - The player there was better than the one on Wednesday, showing a better understanding comboing, frame trapping, and a more technical style of play. Since random ball attacks of all kinds are a no-no with the nerfs (except for Ex Rolling Attack, but I'll get into that later), the Blanka player focused more on getting close and using a combination of Stand and Crouch Light Punch, as well as Crouch Light Kick for link combos, then canceling into a Rolling Attack. He also FADC to Back Dash upon Rolling Attack hitting, then did another FA that would combo in, or crumple his opponent if he tried to retaliate. There was alot of precision in jump ins, Light Rolling Attack that stopped right in front of the opponent into throws, and well-timed slides under fireballs. Some of the negatives from the nerfs were evident, though, as Medium and Heavy Rolling Attacks were never used except in combos, Rainbow Ball (?) being harder to control, while EX Rainbow Ball, although easy to steer for cross up hits, has no trajectory after being blocked, leaving him completely open for any punishment  his opponent chooses. Still, Ex Rolling Attack was used to go through fireballs due to invincibility repeatedly. As mentioned earlier, Electricity comes out super easy, plus it still stops attacks with no problem, including supers and ultras. All in all, random-style Blanka looks to be gone, and a technical-style is here as a replacement.

Chun Li - A few Chun Li players stopped by, although I spent my time watching one player. Gameplay's the same, but some of the adjustments she got are noticeable. Her basics are better and easier for comboing. The usual Crouch Light Punch -> Crouch Light Kick combo is there, although she can combo Crouch Light Kick into itself very easily. One cool combo I saw was Stand Light Punchx2 -> Stand Middle Punch -> Stand Heavy Punch (not sure if she has this combo before, but whatever). Crouch Heavy Punch is, indeed, slower, but it still works in Crouch Heavy Punch -> Hyakuretsu Kyaku -> Crouch Heavy Punch-> Hyakuretsu Kyaku. Not sure if its slower speed affects its original frame disadvantage, but a blocked Crouch Heavy Punch -> Throw worked almost instantly, but I'm sure a player can escape or counter it as long as they don't hesitate. Ex Hyakuretsu Kyaku works much better now with more hits connecting, but the catch is it has to be done upclose. If not, then the same issue from SSFIV will happen again. Whether normal or Ex, Hyakuretsu Kyaku is great for comboing and does good damage. DF+Light Kick still works good as an anti-air and you can barely see it having a slower startup. Lastly, the changes done to her FA no longer moves her back like the way it used to, Instead, animation-wise she sways back, but she is still in the same spot. It's weird to describe, but she can no longer use it as a dodge move, while she can hit her opponent much better now. Other than that, she's still fast moving (looks like her fwd dash is faster & can be done repeatedly, but I could be wrong on that), and her gameplay remains close to before, except she has better options upclose.

Gouki - The same. Honestly, didn't notice anything different worth mentioning.

Seth - Looks like players are using him differently. The Seth player there focused more on a slower-paced gameplay, with little elusive movements (probably just the player). Crouch Light Punchx4 -> Hyakuretsu Kyaku was a well-used combo that did good damage, and had good dizzy potential if repeated enough. Sonic Boom is just as fast as Guile's, so he can fight a fireball fight with no problem. That Triple foot bounce he does in the air is still doable; looks like the timing was changed, for the player did it carefully as if it couldn't be mashed. I think I saw Seth's new Jump HP, but it looked weird, like he was using the same animation for Zangief's Crouch Heavy Kick...just weird. His Spinning Piledrive looks like it's the same, I remember the adjustments affected either its execution speed or reach (can't remember exactly). Apart from that, he doesn't die as fast as before due to the increased health. He may now be able to go toe-to-toe with other characters.

Vega (Claw) - Just some extra info, his Ex Rolling attack is indeed slower, maybe as slow as the Heavy version. In general, his rolling attack was never safe except in certain cases, but now it looks like it has to be used in combos.

I'll finish up on the other characters I saw in a little bit later, as well as mention anything I may have missed.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 07:25:02 PM »
Awesome report as usual man ^^(PM)^.

You should try out for Game informer. Ign er somethin seriously lol. you really be having me reading on your specs ;*)). Good stuff and enjoy your time out there bro

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 07:53:35 PM »
Thanks  :) . I would if I knew more about frame specifics and had a better understanding of character details, although I think SF experts and pros would do a much better job than what I got. Still, glad my report helps. Got more coming, but I'm about to run out so I'll continue later today.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 08:01:52 PM »
Thanks  :) . I would if I knew more about frame specifics and had a better understanding of character details, although I think SF experts and pros would do a much better job than what I got. Still, glad my report helps. Got more coming, but I'm about to run out so I'll continue later today.

Yeh buy you can just be the guy going from arcade to arcade Or development stations with the news team on camera reviewing gameplay. They dont know much on heavy specs of the system either but they get the job for folks like us who are not all really Pros but we know how to play. They tell us just about enough of what a fan should know. The developers can do all the gritty work on the computer compute tip haha. But man Im just buggin cuz u REALLY in japan doing the math n Science on this SSF4 lol. thats whats up man. sounds hella fun :cool. Damn you didnt see KOF XIII out there yet?? :O*D

Well ight till the next report! ::salute::

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSS! MAKOTO GOT BEEFY!!!! I am so thankful cause Sabaki.. i was gonna have a stroke if she got nerfed and she really needed the buffin up and especially combo chaining. thats all i needed. so when the patch hits..... >:D... i am challenging anyone and using all makoto. i am still sad about the supposed Abel nerf.  :'( . Now what i do wonder..is anyone else other than yang and yun gonna be in from any of the other sf universe.. please i need my black beauty!

great report sabaki :thumbsup: =D>

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSS! MAKOTO GOT BEEFY!!!! I am so thankful cause Sabaki.. i was gonna have a stroke if she got nerfed and she really needed the buffin up and especially combo chaining. thats all i needed. so when the patch hits..... >:D... i am challenging anyone and using all makoto. i am still sad about the supposed Abel nerf.  :'( . Now what i do wonder..is anyone else other than yang and yun gonna be in from any of the other sf universe.. please i need my black beauty!

great report sabaki :thumbsup: =D>

well from what i read Eons back when SF4 was about to come out and just before EGMs first fade to black from selling mags the lead developer dude of SF4 said in the end he wants SF4 to have chars from the whole series of SF. meaning. SF2. SF3. SFA and SF EX^^

i didnt see any SF EX member yet. yeh the traditional SFs are back but nobody like Garuda. Karai & Cracker Jack just to name a few. For some odd reason i can see weird @ss SF EX char Skullomania making it to SF4 series first from that crew though. dont ask me why either

HAIL CROM!!

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 08:53:10 PM »
Right on point with yang mate. I can elaborate on Ultra 1. It has somewhat decent range but its real use is to punish recoveries and frametraps cause it has like 1 frame startup and invinicibility as most ultras, its also decent chip damage if the need arises. You have to be very close to use it but theres no other way to use yang anyway, you have to play agressive and FADC on projectile spammers cuz just walking and guarding will get you killed.

His pressure game is good when very close but lacks when at mid distance and his sweep is great, its also great pressure when close so the pressure game is lp.lp.lk.sweep, first kick is a regular sweep similar to ryu in range and speed but the second kick has good pushback and its pretty hard to punish if the distance is right taking you back to a safe position. Just gotta be careful not to whiff it cause you will take a combo in the face. Second kick is also fast enough and high enough to prevent people from jumping so thats double safeness.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:29:29 AM by vyn »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 10:51:28 PM »
i would love to see garuda in ssf4 but i don't think any of the ex characters will make it. they don't fight like traditional street fighter characters since it was made by arika and not capcom and the that did fight like they belonged in streetfighter  are just shotos

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar