collapse

Author Topic: Batman: Arkham City  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
Batman: Arkham City
« on: August 10, 2010, 01:34:34 AM »
The info on Arkham Asylum's sequal has been revealed by Gameinformer Magazine for the month of september. I don't have any scans of the cover, But I do have it with me right now.

A quick summery is It revolves around Batman, Quincy Sharp, Professor Hugo Strange, Catwoman and Two Face himself. Joker also returns. A year has passed since the incident on Arkham island and Quincy Sharp has become mayor of Gotham by taking credit from what happened. He declared Blackgate and Arkham Island unfit to control the criminals, so he squared off a section of Gotham for a new Arkham Asylum which house's both regular criminals and the Super Villians. But the catch is it's a free roam area for them where shark eats shark. Quincy Sharp is no longer warden but givin the title to Professor Hugo Strange. Two-Face who was recently apprehended finds followers in the area and to show his power to other inmates he plans on having a public exicution of Catwoman. It looks open world to an extent from what I can tell from the pics. New moves for combat such as countering two enemys instead of just one, wire walking, a new dive bomb move, New armored thugs, and more. I see what I can dig up on this new game.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:50:45 AM by Dead Phoenix »

The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
Re: Batman: Arkham City
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1110595p1.html

be happy... =D

edit: and thx dead, thats new info for me

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »
Hmm...do I see 2 player with Catwoman in the future?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 12:13:23 PM »
Cool. I can't wait for the issue to come in so I can see it myself

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 06:51:42 PM »
here's a quick exerpt from the magazine
 p. 55 gameinformer september 2010
-One major element that Rocksteady wanted to explore is the order that forms out of complete lawlessness within the walls of Arkham City. High-Profile villians like Joker and Two-Face have already recruited many prisoners to their divergent causes. "[inmates] are now seeking protection by joining gangs, which inevitably means becoming part of the turf war and everything that is caught up with being a gang member in a broader power struggle." says Rocksteady marketing game manager Dax Ginn. How these various factions and territories work into gameplay is anyone's guess, but players can keep track of these gangs through Batman's criminal database. Maybe he can try to play different sides against each other or take them down one by one and start his own army-
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 06:59:39 PM »
Hey ya know that sweet white artwork they showed on the cover? There's been some talks that it'll play into the sequel's Detective Mode. They said they wanna overhaul it and make looking through it better

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 07:13:05 PM »
Hey ya know that sweet white artwork they showed on the cover? There's been some talks that it'll play into the sequel's Detective Mode. They said they wanna overhaul it and make looking through it better
I don't think so. Detective mode looks the same from the pics and still being able to see where your enemys are in x-ray, but it looks more updated. They added some new equipment such as the broadcast analyzer to track different frequencys such as listing in to villians, Gotham FM or GCPD dispatch.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 07:23:07 PM »
I don't think so. Detective mode looks the same from the pics and still being able to see where your enemys are in x-ray, but it looks more updated. They added some new equipment such as the broadcast analyzer to track different frequencys such as listing in to villians, Gotham FM or GCPD dispatch.
So aside from the new addons, it's still the blue-tint X-Ray it was in the first game

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 07:27:28 PM »
So aside from the new addons, it's still the blue-tint X-Ray it was in the first game
Yes. Also when the criminals weapons such as broken bottles or pipes, it's yellow instead of red.

BTW -this was taken from the live demo that gameinformer was shown so it could be changed-

Post Merge: August 11, 2010, 12:03:40 AM
Okay I checked on GameInformer.com and found some interesting stuff that included a easter egg on Batman Arkham Asylum. It was revealed about the time Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY edition came out. the bordes on the official website revealed a hidden room that can't be found with dettective mode. It's located in Quincy Sharps office off to the left when you first see the fire place. Now the catch is you have to keep blowing it up until the wall blows up. Inside you'll find a map of Gotham City with a large area enclosed. On the bottom it states "QUINCY SHARP'S GOTHAM CITY PROPOSAL. Above it is art renderings of the new Arkham. I had to check for my self and watta ya know it's true. See for yourself.

The site seems it has secrets yet to be revealed so check often
http://gameinformer.com/p/arkham2.aspx#
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:47:43 AM by Dead Phoenix »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 01:34:56 PM »
I just found that today (I have the regular version BTW). It's so awesome

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 02:04:53 AM »
Ok it's been over two weeks and GameInformer has reveiled more info on Batman: Arkham City.
Theirs a pod cast that will help answer some questions. Challange mode has not been confirmed but speculation is it will return. No other villians have been reveiled at this time either. More questions are answered at:
http://gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2010/08/25/special-edition-podcast-batman-arkham-city.aspx

Also here are two wallpapers they have as well

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 06:34:30 PM »
Everything looks great, except the new Harley costume. I am just not feeling it. Didn't really know how I felt about it when I only saw the back of it a few weeks ago in this pic.

But now I know it's just not working for me. Guess we'll be seeing way more horrible cosplays of her now.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

TomBewley

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 06:44:26 PM »
Two Face looks creepy as hell!

And I agree with you Batz about Harley. Even something small like the mask on her face would make it so much better. It looks like they've changed the shape of her face and everything and to me it no longer looks like Harley, just some blonde henchwoman.

Apart from that it looks fab! It'll be interesting to see what role Catwoman plays within the game

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 07:16:36 PM »
Actually in my opinion it kinda resembles her nurse outfit from the first game except with some minor alterations. I know they wanted to make a sense of realism in these games, especially on Harley, but how can wearing a harlequin outfit seem more unrealistic than a 12 foot reptilian human or a woman with ivy green skin and poisonous kisses

Offline thefranchise03

• Last Login:June 25, 2019, 02:47:52 AM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 08:05:28 PM »
Will Robin be in this one? I hope so.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 08:47:05 PM »
Yea.. I kinda agree with HyperSonic on how I like how it goes true to her costume from the first one, but with the color touches (and added pants of course) of the original outfit she wore... And the reason I see no need for a mask is because... well.. I mean come on.. everyone kinda knows her already.. haha.. so she really doesn't need the mask and it would feel unrealistic. I do agree though that something has changed with her face... it needs to be put back to normal.. lol..

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 08:52:40 PM »
Maybe that was a result of what Game Informer refer to as "scaling back her makeup to a more subtle degree"

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 09:19:19 PM »
Her mask never had anything at all to do with hiding her identity. Not sure why that was mentioned, same goes for Riddler. It's just part of the theatrics. It's part of who they are, nothing more, nothing less. Changing her so much just doesn't feel right. I originally wasn't too fond of the costume from the first Arkham Asylum but it grew on me. It did feel like Harley's style though. This costume now feels like a very bad mash up of Harley and the Crow. Just doesn't look or feel like something she would wear. The tattoos she has go in that category as well.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 11:35:01 AM »
I also don't care too much for the Harely's new look. I think they should have kept the mask on her, because she now looks like a female henchmen (not that I won't notice her actuall looks while I'm slapping her around in the game).

I'm also wondering what role will Catwoman play in this game. Will she be a playable character with different gameplay mechanics of that of Batmans or will she just be a person that will assist batman every now and again?

I also hope they make the drones smart enough to occassionely look up to see if Batman is hiding above them. I thought that was kind of dumb in the first game, because I know I would've looked all around unlike the henchmen who were looking only in front of them. 

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 12:46:01 PM »
I'm sure the henchman will be smarter this time around.

Also I hope the multiplayer is only on the challenge maps, if they return that is

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 12:57:54 PM »
If you got them nervous enough, or made an action that gave it away they could attack then...

Judging by the name "Arkham City" I think multiplayer will mean things like one player is Batman and the rest play as criminals/henchmen against him, or something like that.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 01:39:41 PM »
Harley does have a different feeling to her now. She's more dark then her goofy crazy self. idk, It might tie in to how she's feeling about Joker since he's sick from something.

Hopfully they put some better AI and not some like this:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEZGQpbWJ0I&feature=related#

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 02:11:03 PM »
Actually for that first video, it would have been funny he after he turned around the first time he said something like "Wait .... oh crap!" and quickly turns around only to get a fist to the head

TomBewley

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 01:07:30 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=22919

Some new info;

-A drivable vehicle (Hmmm, could be great if done properly or horrible otherwise)
-Catwoman uses her whip in the same way Batman uses his zip line/grapple hook (hints at her being playable)
-Batman will have two grapple hooks
-More optional side missions

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar