collapse

Author Topic: 3rd Strike Online Edition Confirmed.  (Read 1524 times)

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
Re: 3rd Strike Online Edition Confirmed.
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 02:51:09 AM »
He owns super street fighter IV, and He's played it with me before too. To be truthful though, I believe his recent hatred of capcom is a bit unwarrented.

Is that the only Street Fighter he owns? It would appear that he doesn't know that much about the series if he's considering this to be "another" Street fighter.  :D

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 10:23:08 AM »
JDubbsIII, where have you been all our lives? And what right do you, who probably never played Street Fighter before, to call Capcom games crappy?

Capcom sucks. Point, blank, period! so does street fighter. Ive played street fighter all of my life from the original street fighter 2, to the alphas and street fighter 3. Then i decided to try out this piece of garbage called Street Fighter IV and absolutely hated it since Capcom cannot NOT make broken games or games where all you have to do is spam a fireball over and over to be considered good. Then I heard about the so called king of fighting games in "Super" Street Fighter IV and got it. wasted 2 hours of my night in line to get it, and it completely sucks. Spam spam spam and even more spamming. now I say this is another capcom game since this wont be like the original street fighter III 3rd strike since Capcom doesnt believe in fixing some of the crap that was broken before they put it out (just look at MvC2).

and what gives me the right to call Capcom games crappy? THE FACT THAT I PAID FOR EVERY SINGLE CAPCOM GAME THAT I HAVE WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY AND WASTED MY TIME, ENERGY, AND AIR BUYING THEM. Thats why I can say whatever I feel about their stupid games.

Is that the only Street Fighter he owns? It would appear that he doesn't know that much about the series if he's considering this to be "another" Street fighter.  :D

only you Ex.  :DxDie
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 11:45:31 AM »
Capcom sucks. Point, blank, period! so does street fighter. Ive played street fighter all of my life from the original street fighter 2, to the alphas and street fighter 3. Then i decided to try out this piece of garbage called Street Fighter IV
If you've been playing Street Fighter from SF2 to SF3 then you'd know that this isn't "another street fighter". If the games suck so bad then why do you keep picking them up? If your time is wasted blame yourself. Not Capcom.  (=

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
Capcom sucks. Point, blank, period! so does street fighter. Ive played street fighter all of my life from the original street fighter 2, to the alphas and street fighter 3. Then i decided to try out this piece of garbage called Street Fighter IV and absolutely hated it since Capcom cannot NOT make broken games or games where all you have to do is spam a fireball over and over to be considered good. Then I heard about the so called king of fighting games in "Super" Street Fighter IV and got it. wasted 2 hours of my night in line to get it, and it completely sucks. Spam spam spam and even more spamming. now I say this is another capcom game since this wont be like the original street fighter III 3rd strike since Capcom doesnt believe in fixing some of the crap that was broken before they put it out (just look at MvC2).

and what gives me the right to call Capcom games crappy? THE FACT THAT I PAID FOR EVERY SINGLE CAPCOM GAME THAT I HAVE WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY AND WASTED MY TIME, ENERGY, AND AIR BUYING THEM. Thats why I can say whatever I feel about their stupid games.

only you Ex.  :DxDie

You can't even spam fireball in third strike to win.

What was broken about SF3? Let me guess, the parry system?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 03:21:25 PM by Zero »

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 04:59:58 PM »
chill out guys... :-w

Anyway,it's good to hear this game is getting an Online edition soon,i liked the original when i played it

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 05:48:27 PM »
You can't even spam fireball in third strike to win.

What was broken about SF3? Let me guess, the parry system?

Dude, I've looked at the tier list, some of those charecters have negative points.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 07:13:05 PM »
Dude, I've looked at the tier list, some of those charecters have negative points.
Well yeah, of course some characters are gonna be at a disadvantage against others, that's why it's a tier list. It's like that in every Street Fighter. According to that logic any character without fireballs is at a disadvantage therefor all the games are broken.

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 07:19:12 PM »

And you raised this point because?  :-??

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »
@ zero
3s is broken. Yun has a v-ism the gimmicky mechanic that broke alpha 3. Chun li has tools upon tools to kill everything (this is also the current state of affairs for chun in ssf4) and Kens meter properties gets along with the fact he can combo Super from anything makes him gdlk. High level play is just abusing the engine really . Not to mention the fact that parry is the single most deadly comeback mechanic ever. 3s is great but also broke.
(click to show/hide)

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 07:22:59 PM »
You're like, the first one to make a valid post about why it's broken. : )

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 07:30:29 PM »
And you raised this point because?  :-??
I brought it up because zero basically said that the game wasn't that broke but I have looked at a lot of tiers and this is the only one that has negatives.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 07:39:14 PM »
Negative whats? Allot of numbers go into tier lists so you're going to have to be more specific about what you're talking about.

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 07:44:43 PM »
i don't believe in such things as tiers i just play my best . i hold my own against some of the dirtiest players in chinatown fair (NYC) . Bottom line it comes down to skill. I remember out west a while back, a guy won a sf3 ng tournament with oro of all people!! so anyonee with their game wrapped up tight can do it.... still looking forward to the game. i'll play this over stupid (yes, i said stupid) street fighter 4 any day cuz sf ex 4 is not that fresh breath of air i was hoping it to be . yes i said it lol!! it's street fighter EX lol!!

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 07:56:15 PM »
Negative ranks but, from looking at the tiers now it seems to be some wierd ranking system. Anyway it also seems that the only charecter that has an even matchup with chunli is yun. Also I have Never seen somone with a matchup of 2 with anyone before now, it also seems that everone but yun has a negative matchup, but that being said, most of  chunli's matchups are so good that she will almost always win a fight unless against yun.

But even though the game is broke, It is still one of my favorite games and I will probably buy it.

@Steveax316 Tiers only work on people at the same skill level, so in my oppinion this oro was just godly

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 08:00:08 PM »
@ zero
3s is broken. Yun has a v-ism the gimmicky mechanic that broke alpha 3. Chun li has tools upon tools to kill everything (this is also the current state of affairs for chun in ssf4) and Kens meter properties gets along with the fact he can combo Super from anything makes him gdlk. High level play is just abusing the engine really . Not to mention the fact that parry is the single most deadly comeback mechanic ever. 3s is great but also broke.
Yeah, I'll admit those guys are pretty strong. I guess it is broken when you put it that way. hmm I just don't believe it's that severe.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 01:55:09 PM »
@ zero

You're forgetting the fact that everything you mentioned takes a tremendous amount of skill to pull off. I haven't played a whole lot of competitive SF3, but you have to admit, parrying is not easy. If someone can parry your entire super and come back to win the match, then congrats to them for spending that much time with the game and pretty much mastering it.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2010, 03:43:32 PM »
@ silva
The thing about tiers is that  they make break a matchup down saying that character has tools to beat this character putting the match in there favor. The problem is that if you never play that matchup and never learn what tools beat what then the user with the better character is at a disadvantage or doesn't have the same advantage as if they knew the matchup.

@ J
I wouldnt say that 3s is hard so much as it is different. Most sf games have alot of safe moves You just gotta understand that in 3s nothing is safe. parry execution isnt that difficult and parrying full supers isnt as difficult as it looks most guys at a competent level can full parry chuns super without even looking. 3s is mostly a game of advanced footsies something thats very fundamental in any SF.

On topic though my biggest hope is that we do get a remixed version i love sf3 and its sprites but ive bought this game 3 times already and would be happier to shell out some cash for something a little different / upgraded (leave the soundtrack alone though)
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar