collapse

Author Topic: Resident Evil 5  (Read 1780 times)

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
Re: Resident Evil 5
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 11:42:57 PM »
I beat the game on pro yesterday and apparently this is how the pshome personal space ornaments work.

Chris - Beat Easy
Sheva - Beat Normal
Jill - Beat Veteran
Wesker - Beat Professional

For the treasure chest ornament, you have to find all treasures, I'm not going to do that.

I used inf ammo on pro, and even so, it was hard as hell. I died like 50 times, and it took me like 100 rockets to kill the final boss, it's probably some insane health glitch. lol.

Mercs, I've unlocked all characters, I don't care about trophies so there's really nothing to do now.

As for pro mode, I was equipped with the handcannon, the gatlin gun, the psg1, and the rocket launcher. As for Sheva, well because she uses whatever weakest weapon she has, I had her only equipped with a handcannon, she made good use of it too, but she still made mistakes.

The gatlin gun, even though it slows you down. The big metal thing on the back doubles as a shield. During the Jill boss fight she was about to kick me, I turned around and she kicked the metal box, and it made a loud thunk noise. The shield is also great against enemies with assault rifles.

Nice! I gotta work on getting the handcannon. Me and my friend have almost all of the achivements, I need 7 more. Right now I'm working on veteran mode, Stockpile, They're ACTION Figures and Who Do You Trust?.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:11:58 AM by BigJ »

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 02:27:10 AM »
lol...

I actually started playing the game with my cuz tonight... co-op's fun... I got the handcannon already.. still need to upgrade it more... I may upgrade it more tomorrow... We did 4-1 & 4-2... I seriously hate those 2 lvls... The only good thing about them is that they are ruins and they have money...

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 09:43:04 AM »
lol... I'm just taking things slow.. going back and getting $$ to upgrade all the weapons that I have AND need... like... the 2 handguns... shotgun, machine gun (the bigger one, for right now... has better firepower than the first....), sniper rifle, & magnum....

I'm at the execution grounds right now... passed that easily, because of how many times I went back & upgraded....

By the way... is there a way to 1-hit or 2 or 3-hit kill the chainsaw dude?? I barely passed the first one.. and I think the 2nd one is coming... like............ wtf... lol.. he cut my head off a few times and sheva's once the first time around... it's like... wtf... lol...

Also, why do most of the things in this game have 1-hit kill melee attacks?? Especially turtle dude (and I know one of Wesker's moves is 1-hit kill...) .... like.. dam... how cheap is that? How come Chris & Sheva can't acquire instant 1-hit kill weapons??

Also, Marshlands is the best place to get $$ ... you only have to go through the first part of the lvl to get loads of money... so... yeah.. pretty easy... I wonder if RE6 will have this kind of system... If there ever will be a RE6............?? lol...
as far as re6 i believe their will be another one. certain ppl have not been found or dealt with.....anyone remember sherry birkin???? rebecca chambers hasnt showed in a while and neither has barry....wheres barry? lol. think about that facility lso and how big tricell is. and that woman was apart of the global consortium which means this is the beggining of corruption. the battle cant be over because wesker himself is a smart guy and he always has a backup plan. something is going on behind the scenes....what that is idk. if this is it im fine with it.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »
There will be a RE6 it was already announced a few days ago ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 08:32:53 PM »
You know what would be cool..?? Chris Redfield & Leon Kennedy teaming up! That would be so bad@$$!! They'd just have to make a really good story, though... so people don't go wondering.. "Why these 2?" ya know... or just Chris & Jill... because Chris said the fight wasn't over.. so.. maybe he'll be in another game... idk.. All I know is I researched, and a new game is announced... i'd be completely not impressed if they didn't have Jill or Leon in the next game...

Whatever happened to Claire, by the way?? lol...

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 11:01:12 PM »
as far as re6 i believe their will be another one. certain ppl have not been found or dealt with.....anyone remember sherry birkin???? rebecca chambers hasnt showed in a while and neither has barry....wheres barry? lol. think about that facility lso and how big tricell is. and that woman was apart of the global consortium which means this is the beggining of corruption. the battle cant be over because wesker himself is a smart guy and he always has a backup plan. something is going on behind the scenes....what that is idk. if this is it im fine with it.

I was thinking the same about Barry. He should make an appearance in the next RE.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 01:41:13 AM »
You know what would be cool..?? Chris Redfield & Leon Kennedy teaming up! That would be so bad@$$!! They'd just have to make a really good story, though... so people don't go wondering.. "Why these 2?" ya know... or just Chris & Jill... because Chris said the fight wasn't over.. so.. maybe he'll be in another game... idk.. All I know is I researched, and a new game is announced... i'd be completely not impressed if they didn't have Jill or Leon in the next game...

Whatever happened to Claire, by the way?? lol...
well claire and leon tehnically did appear. the cg movie counts as well. they didnt have time to make 2 games so thats where the cg comes into play im guessing. im waiting for rebecca to come back. i miss her.

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 01:42:59 AM »
yeah, she was cool  ;D

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 02:19:00 AM »
Yeah.. I think Rebecca needs to be in the next game... I have never heard of her until I googled her like.. 5 minutes ago... lol... (I never played or watched someone play RE Zero nor the remake of RE1... so... yeah... lol.. just in case you were wondering... wtf.... lol...)

Barry would be cool... I think that they should definitely keep the partner and co-op system as they have it in RE5... It really is awesome! This is like.. the first RE game i've played in a while... it's cool! :)

• Hollow_boy
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 02:21:40 AM »
what system  :-w

Offline FilthyKadaver

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 30, 2018, 03:55:17 PM
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 02:54:35 AM »
i really wish they would expand more on hunk like give him a main role instead of just a mini game character.

Offline galactus

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2014, 12:34:12 PM
  • many thanks to hollow boy for this great avatar
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2009, 02:45:32 PM »
I miss the old monster characters like Nemesis , mr.x , tyrant  and hunters etc.and not only that but I would also really like to see a resi game where we can play as them for a change at least in a bonus game for when you beat the main game and it is not like I am the only one I have seen a lot other peoples opinions who share my thoughts so why dont capcom do it thats what I would like to know also if I may ask what are everyone on this site's opinions on this? ;D
hello to all from the planet wrecker aka Galactus

Offline FilthyKadaver

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2009, 04:52:35 PM »
In the RE5 version of the mercenaries really goes to show capcoms lazyness.

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2009, 06:32:05 PM »
Heh the only 2 RE games I have played to date are RE4 and RE5. Im about half way through RE5 so I did not read the entire thread due to potential spoilers. The only gripe I have with RE5 is sheva. She is really retarded at times. Its like MOVE GET OUT THE WAY!!! CHAINSAW ZOMBIE GONNA GET YOU!!! Then she gets her head sliced off with a chain saw. It bugs me to no end. That is the only problem I have with the game.

The partner Ai needs to be amped up by a mile. I know current gen hardware/software will allow this. I guarantee it so why did they not atleast dedicate 1-3 months specifically for her ai? Unless they really want you to do co-op with a human. Incase I just dont have the funds for my xbox live.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 12:54:16 AM »
Um... you don't need XBOX Live for co-op.. you can just have 2 accounts on your XBOX and play with one of your friends at your place... it's what i'm doin with my cuz... XBOX Live Silver is free, btw...

I agree that they should at least update Sheva's AI a little more... she's way slower than I am, and kidna trigger happy.... ;*))

Haha! I forgot to mention that I learned about a week ago, that there's a handcannon (powerful magnum) gun in the game that can go up to 5000 firepower... should kill a chainsaw Majini in 1-2 or 2-3 hits... depends on how far you are, and where you aim... :-$ I would play co-op on lvl 4-2..

Q: How to upgrade it and come back to the chainsaw majini's??

A: Beat lvls 1-1 to 3-1.. play co-op with a friend who has already gotten past at least 5-2... play with them on co-op for at least the 4-2 lvl... Beat lvls from 5-1 to 6-1, and go back and go through a lot of money runs.. upgrade the handcannon... and you have the most powerful weapon in the game!!

My favorite money run: Go to lvl 3-1 (Marshlands)... Just go through the first part of the lvl where you have to collect the pieces for the door... AVOID THE ALLIGATOR PLACE... the place where you can perform an assist jump twice is where you should end... go up the first one.. let Sheva collect the item, and then start -> quit -> chapter select -> Marshlands -> Sell the rocket launcher + eggs + treasures... you'll get about 20k just for that, if you do it enough times and figure out where everything is... I could maybe record a video later, showing how to do that particular money run... :-??

Offline FilthyKadaver

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 02:15:27 AM »
Man all i can say is that this game is pure grade A crap ive been trying to like it. play it off and on and idk if its just cause im comparing it to RE4 too much but compared to RE4 RE5 is crap 1st off they called this gun the handgun cannon and it takes 4+ shots (with it powered up) to kill one of those big things? thats BS,  RE4's handgun cannon normally took 1 shot for everything once you got it powered up. 2nd like i said in The Merc's mini game really goes to show capcoms lazyness, 10 characters that are all pretty much the same 3 chris' and sheva's with diffrent weapons? 2 jills and 2 weskers with diffrent weapons? I know some are probably thinking "In ways RE4's Merc's was the same with diffrent weapons." Yeah true but they all had their own unique perks that made them all cool EX: Leon well he's leon nothing special, Ada had a bunch of agility and a one shot kill sniper rifle, Krauser had that kick butt arm, the one shot kill bow, and powerful melee attacks. Wesker was pretty much the same as he is in RE5 only much more powerful and awesome the new one seems less....eh. and well Hunk he had the cool TMP the neck breaker he was easier to combo with. and RE5 they'er all the same bah it just angers me. 3rd who's stupid idea was it to make us buy the unlimited ammo for every single gun after you waste so much time Maxing that gun out? i remember RE3 all you did was buy one case and it applied to all guns that was cool what happened?

I can go on and on about how much this game sucked in comparison to the ones before it but i dont think you guys wanna read all this complaing over something thats not that important. I can only hope that the new Versus makes this game better then what it is.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2009, 03:39:45 AM »
Yeh.. I think they should still have enough time to make patches.. they should definitely get rid of that buy unlimited ammo FOR EACH GUN bull crap... what a waste of time.. I spent all this time doing money runs, and upgrading my weapons all the way.. now I have to BEAT THE GAME + buy the unlimited ammo WITH POINTS!!??

I lol at the people who call this an action/adventure game... uh.. look it up.. it's still survival horror.. nothing's changed... except it's kinda less.. horrory...

Oh... and wtf happened to zombies?? Why did they go from zombies to plagas in RE4 + RE5?? I think they should stick with the same concept... lol...

Offline FilthyKadaver

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2009, 03:45:44 AM »
They didnt stick with zombies because of the style it was going for, if they had zombies they would be way too slow and the game would be even easier then it already is if you ask me, unless of course they added swarms of them which would be cool but if they did you just have another dead raising game.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2009, 10:58:43 AM »
i think ur complaining way too much. This is re5 u might as well get with the program. The one hit kill on everything is now gone. They are dealing with stronger forms of the virus so just cuz it took one hit in the past doesnt mean it will now since the enemies are stronger this time around. U cant go into every re thinking its gonna be the same thing. Zombies while they arent totally played out it was getting old though i miss the zombies especially the stupid ones lol. This is the best re game to date but the ai for sheva sucks. But y not play with friends??? Its better that way

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2009, 06:33:28 PM »
Well.. no.. I mean some of the enemies in this game have one-hit kills... like.. seriously.. you get too close to one of those reapers, and....
(click to show/hide)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2009, 06:59:42 PM »
There will be a RE6 it was already announced a few days ago ;)
I thought Jun Takeuchi already confirmed that they're not continuing the story and already are doing a reboot.

http://www.destructoid.com/resident-evil-6-will-reboot-the-series-says-capcom-122646.phtml

Man all i can say is that this game is pure grade A crap ive been trying to like it. play it off and on and idk if its just cause im comparing it to RE4 too much but compared to RE4 RE5 is crap 1st off they called this gun the handgun cannon and it takes 4+ shots (with it powered up) to kill one of those big things? thats BS,  RE4's handgun cannon normally took 1 shot for everything once you got it powered up. 2nd like i said in The Merc's mini game really goes to show capcoms lazyness, 10 characters that are all pretty much the same 3 chris' and sheva's with diffrent weapons? 2 jills and 2 weskers with diffrent weapons? I know some are probably thinking "In ways RE4's Merc's was the same with diffrent weapons." Yeah true but they all had their own unique perks that made them all cool EX: Leon well he's leon nothing special, Ada had a bunch of agility and a one shot kill sniper rifle, Krauser had that kick @$$ arm, the one shot kill bow, and powerful melee attacks. Wesker was pretty much the same as he is in RE5 only much more powerful and awesome the new one seems less....eh. and well Hunk he had the cool TMP the neck breaker he was easier to combo with. and RE5 they'er all the same bah it just angers me. 3rd who's stupid idea was it to make us buy the unlimited ammo for every single gun after you waste so much time Maxing that gun out? i remember RE3 all you did was buy one case and it applied to all guns that was cool what happened?

I can go on and on about how much this game sucked in comparison to the ones before it but i dont think you guys wanna read all this complaing over something thats not that important. I can only hope that the new Versus makes this game better then what it is.
Well I upgraded my handcannon to max, and it kills all normal enemies in like 1-2 hits, but the bosses are like 3-6.. and this is on professional mode btw, and if you just bought one case for unlimited ammo in this game, it would be a lot shorter, and the game is short enough as it is. IMO this is the easiest and shortest RE Capcom made, so they needed the extra junk to keep the player playing.

I didn't even really care for RE3 that much. There just wasn't that much to differentiate it from RE2 considering it had some of the same locations, and it was all in the city. RE1 was great for the mansion old school horror feel. RE2 was taking it to the streets, RE3 was really not much different. I like a lot of things in RE5, but they could have made it a bit longer.

If they did another game in this story, my guess is it would have to be a prequel which would handle the same as a 2 player game, and it would be about Chris and Jill adventuring to the Spencer Estate, but they might do that for a wii shooter.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2009, 12:35:24 AM »
Yeah... Upgrade the handcannon all the way.. one - two shots in the head will kill da chainsaw dudes...
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

eh.. A spencer estate prequel would not be a good idea, because we already know what happens............ :|

Maybe introducing a new, secret company....... maybe Umbrella, Tricell, and the BSAA are not the only ones involved....
(click to show/hide)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2009, 01:16:01 AM »
Not reading through any of this as I don't want spoilers.

However, I do wanna know, is Mercenaries a mode that's in this game.? That was my favorite thing about part 4 and I'm really hoping they brought it back. [-O<

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

• Hollow_boy
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2009, 01:26:24 AM »
Not reading through any of this as I don't want spoilers.

However, I do wanna know, is Mercenaries a mode that's in this game.? That was my favorite thing about part 4 and I'm really hoping they brought it back. [-O<

they did... and its two player offline and online

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2009, 01:27:51 AM »
they did... and its two player offline and online
So awesome, thanks for the info. I'll probably be checking this game out within the month. :thumbsup:

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar