collapse

Author Topic: Megaman 9  (Read 4552 times)

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
Re: Megaman 9
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 02:00:41 AM »
Well, I'm glad we are actually getting a Megaman 9, but those NES graphics are so outdated now. Why can't they just give us a true MM9 that is at least is on par with MM8...I don't care how much it would cost..just do it! Looks like we are getting a real sequel to MM6 rather than MM8. I loved the old NES MM games and still do, but times have changed..they can do so much better than this. Again Capcom is being lazy...so they don't have to actually work hard and give us what we really want. Capcom has become one sad company. I think they should have made a real sweet MM9 for the DS..it would sell better for them on there. Well, at least we know what's up now...even though it's not what I hoped for. Personally it should just be a free download for PC....no one's gonna want to pay for a old NES game.

I find it funny you're now opposing MM9 when you say you're a 2D enthusiast.

I am a 2D gamer, but this is a freaking NES game....and not a true sequel either. I was expecting more from Capcom...a MM9 should not look like this at all...Hell I'd take a SNES game over this. I don't care what anyone says...this is lazy as hell. They just don't want to give us a true MM9 that we have been waiting for..this is like a spit in the face to the fans. I mean sure I'd play it and I'd most likely enjoy it, but would just keep thinking what they could have made if they actually cared.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 02:04:09 AM »
Well, I'm glad we are actually getting a Megaman 9, but those NES graphics are so outdated now. Why can't they just give us a true MM9 that is at least is on par with MM8...I don't care how much it would cost..just do it! Looks like we are getting a real sequel to MM6 rather than MM8. I loved the old NES MM games and still do, but times have changed..they can do so much better than this. Again Capcom is being lazy...so they don't have to actually work hard and give us what we really want. Capcom has become one sad company. I think they should have made a real sweet MM9 for the DS..it would sell better for them on there. Well, at least we know what's up now...even though it's not what I hoped for. Personally it should just be a free download for PC....no one's gonna want to pay for a old NES game.

I am a 2D gamer, but this is a freaking NES game....and not a true sequel either. I was expecting more from Capcom...a MM9 should not look like this at all...Hell I'd take a SNES game over this. I don't care what anyone says...this is lazy as hell. They just don't want to give us a true MM9 that we have been waiting for..this is like a spit in the face to the fans. I mean sure I'd play it and I'd most likely enjoy it, but would just keep thinking what they could have made if they actually cared.

Actually cared? Yeesh get over it. The fact that the game is even being made shows how much they care. Stop getting so greedy over what games they make.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 02:04:45 AM »
oooooooh, yeah....uh...those graphics. they don't suit my taste
Currently in need of one

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 02:20:24 AM »

Actually cared? Yeesh get over it. The fact that the game is even being made shows how much they care. Stop getting so greedy over what games they make.

Greedy!? I'm just being realistic and at least I'm not in denial of what is going on here or in the gaming industry like most people are nowadays. A NES MM game is good and all and if you all enjoy it that's cool, but come on...the Fangame community could do better. This is Capcom we are talking about...they can do better. Sure give us a fun little NES MM game, but at try to make a real MM9. I have the right to not be content with this and demand more from a company that can give us more. *sigh* it's useless to try to get through to peoples heads...why bother? I have stated my opinion on the matter..it's over.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 07:21:01 AM »
I agree with Darkgargos, this is very poor way to continue the classic Rockman series.  I grew up with Rockman and I expect the series to move forward not backwards. I doubt that the story is going to be well written as well since no one mentioned Forte, Lightoff etc.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 07:34:28 PM »
I like it, I always liked the 8-bit style. I thought the graphics should have been like Megaman 8 when I first heard the rumor and was sad when I found out it was fake. But now that it's a real game, I'm just glad we're getting Megaman 9. And since it's download for Virtual Console(Wii right?) I think it makes sense for it to be 8-bit. Just because it's 8-bit doesn't mean it's not a "real MM9".

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 01:26:13 AM »
       "I wouldn't mind making a sequel for any of the Mega Man series, not only the classic one. But because the original Mega Man series started around the same time I entered Capcom, any desire to make a sequel for that series is particularly strong.
        Unfortunatle the simple fun of a classic Mega Man game doesn't fit into the grandiose and expansive world that the consumer gaming industry has become, and so you have to make games that match the current expectations. If you did push to have a game like the classic Mega Man games made, it would be critisized for things like being too simplistic, outdated, or too expensive. I thought it would be too difficult to bring out another classic Mega Man in the current gaming climate.
        And then Nintendo came out with WiiWare for distributing downloadable content, and I felt I had an opportunity to finally realize the dreams I had been keeping on the back burner for so long.
        I think WiiWare offers a great combination of simple games at a low price. And as fate would have it, the Virtual Console is causing people to reevaluate the classic games for the NES and such, and to see what made them good.
        Our intent was to make a simple and enjoyable Mega Man sequel so we said,"Let's make a new NES game!" and from there the ball got rolling." - Kenji Inafune, creator of Mega Man, taking from latest issue of Nintendo Power

So now you know the deal, the man himself wants to go bigger and badder, but the industry won't let him. Be happy we're even getting a sequel after over 8 years.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 02:29:08 AM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2008, 01:39:27 AM »
       "I wouldn't mind making a sequel for any of the Mega Man series, not only the classic one. But because the original Mega Man series started around the same time I entered Capcom, any desire to make a sequel for that series is particularly strong.
        Unfortunatle the simple fun of a classic Mega Man game doesn't fit into the grandiose and expansive world that the consumer gaming industry has become, and so you have to make games that match the current expectations. If you did push to have a game like the classic Mega Man games made, it would be critisized for things like being too simplistic, outdated, or too expensive. I thought it would be too difficult to bring out another classic Mega Man in the current gaming climate.
        And then Nintendo came out with WiiWare for distributing downloadable content, and I felt I had an opportunity to finally realize the dreams I had been keeping on the back burner for so long.
        I think WiiWare offers a great combination of simple games at a low price. And as fate would have it, the Virtual Console is causing people to reevaluate the classic games for the NES and such, and to see what made them good.
        Our intent was to make a simple and enjoyable Mega Man sequel so we said,"Let's make a new NES game!" and from there the ball got rolling." - Kenji Inafune, creator of Mega Man, taking from latest issue of Nintendo Power

So now you know the deal, the man himself wants to go bigger and badder, but the industry won't let him. Be happy we're even getting a sequel after over 8 years.

They'll never be happy because they always want something better.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 02:29:19 AM by G Lux »
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2008, 02:30:50 AM »

They'll never be happy because they always want something better.

Sigh, sadly this is always the case.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 04:40:16 AM »
Yet nobody notices that all of the level designs in this game are mixtures of Rockman 1-6.  Any graphic designer can make this game.  I see them on the web all the time.  Though I'm not insulting anyone for liking the game, it's your opinion, just don't criticize me for mine.   [-X
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2008, 05:05:51 AM »
Yet nobody notices that all of the level designs in this game are mixtures of Rockman 1-6.  Any graphic designer can make this game.  I see them on the web all the time.  Though I'm not insulting anyone for liking the game, it's your opinion, just don't criticize me for mine.   [-X

I hear ya. :)

But if you read the quote from Inafune, he just described many of MM9's critics. Which happen to be some of you guys.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2008, 05:50:14 AM »
It would have been better if they were to atleast take the 9 out and just make it an extra Rockman title.  Also, the artwork better be normal and not goofy like Commando 3 and Rocketmen.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2008, 11:30:43 PM »
It would have been better if they were to atleast take the 9 out and just make it an extra Rockman title.  Also, the artwork better be normal and not goofy like Commando 3 and Rocketmen.

Why should the number be removed? If the man behind the franchise itself says it's 9, it's friggin 9, you can't mess with that.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2008, 11:40:58 PM »

Why should the number be removed? If the man behind the franchise itself says it's 9, it's friggin 9, you can't mess with that.

lol, they don't care.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2008, 03:10:02 PM »
F**K YEAH! NEW TRAILER B**CHES!!!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/888/888041p1.html
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:23:46 PM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 05:19:58 PM »
f**k YEAH!!!!!! I watched this video 4 times at least... >:D
It confirms the first female robot master with her silhouette!! :o
I liked the theme  @-)
I hope they release it for the DS in a pack called megaman 1-9 collection...so i can play it via emulator... :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 05:28:50 PM by KPT25 »

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2008, 05:52:03 PM »
G lux loves attacking me, anyway I saw the video yesterday and it looks much better than the still pictures.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2008, 06:12:58 PM »
I'm glad that the artwork is normal and traditional.  Here is a still sorta picture of Splash Woman

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Papercuts22221/picture3ge4.jpg
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2008, 06:26:50 PM »
Megaman will be released to the Wii, xbox and PS3:

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2008, 09:51:29 PM »
Megaman will be released to the Wii, xbox and PS3:

LOL, that's the same link I just posted.

Blam boy, tube style!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2008, 10:05:13 PM »
Crap. o.O#

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2008, 02:28:30 AM »
Eh....8 bit graphics? Really Capcom? While I do think that Mega Man should be 2D sprites an all and should have 2d gameplay, 8 bit graphics IMO isn't the way to go. I was expecting something with Hi-Res sprites or the graphics lvl of part 8. This game better be cheap, cause lets be honest, anyone with alittle know how could make this game as it is. Eh usually I am not a graphics whore guy, but they should have IMO gone with the 32 bit graphics with this.

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2008, 02:36:51 AM »
IM GOING TO KILL KEIJI FOR LYINGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he said in the interview about 3 years ago that theres no MEGAMAN IN PS3!!!!! IM SO PISSSEEEEDDDDD!!!! \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2008, 02:38:53 AM »
Eh....8 bit graphics? Really Capcom? While I do think that Mega Man should be 2D sprites an all and should have 2d gameplay, 8 bit graphics IMO isn't the way to go. I was expecting something with Hi-Res sprites or the graphics lvl of part 8. This game better be cheap, cause lets be honest, anyone with alittle know how could make this game as it is. Eh usually I am not a graphics whore guy, but they should have IMO gone with the 32 bit graphics with this.

Welcome to the first day Megaman 9 was announced.

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2008, 02:46:02 AM »
watching the trailer

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal