collapse

Author Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog: What are your thoughts?  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Re: Sonic the Hedgehog: What are your thoughts?
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 03:08:37 PM »
Okay, i understand, BUT, Sonic Team had a good team(some of the original creatos) for Sonic & the Secret of the Rings, and that game rivals Sonic TH(06).

It seems Sonic Team creates good games, when they are in collaboration.

No no, don't get me wrong. I like Sonic & the Secret Rings, largely due the the fact the control was simple. I mean, If Sonic 06's controls were stable, I probably would forgive it alot more. But getting game over on the first stage several times because of shoody controls just puts a notch of distain into a game, you know?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:15:18 PM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 03:20:04 PM »
One bad Sonic game? :DxDie

:| = Average.
:-& = Sucks.

List of bad Sonic games:
Sonic 3D Blast(:-&)
Sonic R(:-&)
Sonic Riders series(:-&)
Sonic Heroes(:-&)
Sonic Adventure(bad voice acting  :|).
Sonic Shuffle(:-&).
Sonic Fighters(:-&).
Sonic Rivals series(:-&)
Sonic Secret of the Rings(:|)
Billy Hatcher(:-&) <-Yeah it counts.
Shadow The Hedgehog(:-&).
Sonic The Hedgehog 06(:-&).
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games(:|) <-Olympics wow.

In a few months "Sonic Unleashed", will be on that list.
Sega should just end the Sonic Series, or his legacy will be ruined.

Oh opinions galore! A lot of those games were awesome for it's time.

-Sonic 3D blast was decent, but not bad.
-Sonic R was awesome for it's time and most fans would agree.
-Sonic Riders, I haven't played it yet but people said Zero Gravity was good.
-Sonic Heroes was decent as I said before, and it's fun.
-Sonic Adventure is awesome, nuff said.
-Sonic Shuffle, it's another side game like most of these games you're mentioning.
-Sonic Fighters was awesome for it's time and most fans would agree.
-Sonic Rivals... I haven't played it yet because i'm not a fan of the PSP.
-Sonic and the Secret Rings was awesome, a good amount would agree. It was successful in sales and had mixed reviews (majority being pretty good).
-Billy Hatcher doesn't count, it's not a Sonic game.
-Shadow it NOT a Sonic game, it's a Shadow game. You don't play as Sonic, it's just in the Sonic universe is all. Just like Knuckles Chatoix, it's a Knuckles game.
-Sonic 06 was bad.
-Mario & Sonic at the Olympics was successful in sales, nuff said. I haven't played it though.

And just so you all know Unleashed is being devleoped by Sega Japan, USA, and Europe. It's going to be amazing. So NO it will NOT be on that list... maybe on yours but no everyone's.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline RiceTheZilla

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 17, 2008, 02:28:20 PM
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 03:31:02 PM »
The running minigame is really buggy.
Getting gameover is the worst, it loads for like 2 mins, goes to the title screen, loads, when you get the stage, it loads again.

Sonic & the Secret Rings is okay, but isn't memorable.
It doesn't recover, the damage that has been done to Sonic TH.

Guy above:
Every sonic game is good in sales, people(like me) think the game will be decent, but, no. 8=| Sonic Adventure was good for it's time..now it's so bad, it's funny.
Sales don't make the game good, Sonic & Mario fails, for a SEGA X Nintendo, For the first time ever a crossover game featuring both Sonic and Mario. Sega chooses olympics..

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 03:40:15 PM »
Alot of the games are cool at first because of the Sonic Universe presence, but once you get past that, you start to see the game for what it is.

Sonic 3D was gay. No speed, bad hit detection, lame all-around.
Sonic R's controls I flat out hate, late detection and highly unresponsive. I beat it strictly because it was a Sonic game and moved on.
(Side note: Sonic 3D and R are by the same people.)
Sonic Riders is a solid and neat racing game.
With Sonic Heroes, some levels just seem too long and tedious but good all around.
With the Adventure series, I think it comes down to treasure hunting, either you hate it or you don't. I got stuck on SA2 because of stupid treasure hunting. Other than that, no complaints.
Sonic Shuffle, it's a puzzle game. If you're into that kinda thing, more power to you. Me, not so much.
Sonic Rivals, good-old side scrolling action, but you're racing. A good experience, much more so in multi-play.
Sonic & Secret Rings, best Next-Gen Sonic yet, although technically speaking, that's not saying much.
Shadow, you played it because you wanted to know WHO HE IS. It's broken, but still good.
Sonic 06'... We'll not go there.
Sonic Unleashed, I'm digging the old school gameplay and shortened character list, but the Wolf-Sonic... the story better turn up something interesting to pull something like that off.

But perhaps the biggest contraversy here is a title that I don't think anyone here has mentioned yet is "Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood".

What I wanna know is how do you translate Sonic into RPG? I mean really, WTF? Mega Man X tried that, but Sonic and Mega Man are men of action, turn-based combat does not befit them. Then again, it is Bioware after all so...
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 03:43:55 PM »
Guy above:
Every sonic game is good in sales, people(like me) think the game will be decent, but, no. 8=| Sonic Adventure was good for it's time..now it's so bad, it's funny.
Sales don't make the game good, Sonic & Mario fails, for a SEGA X Nintendo, For the first time ever a crossover game featuring both Sonic and Mario. Sega chooses olympics..

Yeah it's just you. Everyone who loved Sonic Adventure still loves it.

Mario and Sonic got mixed reviews, it's a love it or hate it kind of game. As for Sega picking an olympics styled game... they weren't the only ones making decisions for what type of game it was going to be. Nintendo was in on it too.

But perhaps the biggest contraversy here is a title that I don't think anyone here has mentioned yet is "Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood".

What I wanna know is how do you translate Sonic into RPG? I mean really, WTF? Mega Man X tried that, but Sonic and Mega Man are men of action, turn-based combat does not befit them. Then again, it is Bioware after all so.

It's being developed by Bioware, it's got to be good. I despise RPG's but i'm picking it up because of the fanboy I am.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline RiceTheZilla

• Initiate
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 03:46:39 PM »
"Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood".

Forgot about that...That game will own, Too bad it's for a handheld system.. :-??
But the graphics are...horrible.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 03:58:32 PM »
"Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood".

Forgot about that...That game will own, Too bad it's for a handheld system.. :-??
But the graphics are...horrible.

Gameplay > Graphics

Oh and yeah, I like to rock all the balls to sonic music, is that so wrong? "All of me", "His World", "Seven Ring in Hand", "The Chosen One", "All Hail Shadow", "Almost Dead", "Live & Learn", "What I'm Made Of", "Catch Me If You Can", good stuff man, good stuff.

You forgot "Open Your Heart", one of the best Sonic tracks from the 3D games (Live & Learn being the best ofcourse).

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 04:05:56 PM »
Oh and yeah, I like to rock all the balls to sonic music, is that so wrong? "All of me", "His World", "Seven Ring in Hand", "The Chosen One", "All Hail Shadow", "Almost Dead", "Live & Learn", "What I'm Made Of", "Catch Me If You Can", good stuff man, good stuff.

You forgot "Open Your Heart", one of the best Sonic tracks from the 3D games (Live & Learn being the best ofcourse).

Oh no, I didn't forget it. I... I'm not really big on "Open Your Heart". It's really comes down to the lack of rythme and the structure of the lyrics. Not a bad song by any means, but it feels like the lyrics are translated into English instead of written in it.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 04:43:29 PM »
One bad Sonic game? :DxDie

:| = Average.
:-& = Sucks.

List of bad Sonic games:
Sonic 3D Blast(:-&)
Sonic R(:-&)
Sonic Riders series(:-&)
Sonic Heroes(:-&)
Sonic Adventure ( :-& )
Sonic Adventure 2 (  :-& )
Sonic Shuffle(:-&).
Sonic Fighters(:-&).
Sonic Rivals series(:-&)
Sonic Secret of the Rings( :-& )
Billy Hatcher(:-&) <-Yeah it counts.
Shadow The Hedgehog(:-&).
Sonic The Hedgehog 06(:-&).
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games(  :-& )
In a few months "Sonic Unleashed", will be on that list.
Sega should just end the Sonic Series, or his legacy will be ruined.
Fixed.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 05:52:11 PM »
See, that just hating cause Sonic stacks paper to the ceiling and get more Bi***es then you do.  :D :DxDie
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 06:02:45 PM »
Am I the only one here who likes Chao, sonic was good up until they stoped puting in chao, sonic adventure 2 battle is the best sonic game, imo, that and the old 2D games! BRING BACK THE CHAO!
Coming 2099.

Offline RiceTheZilla

• Initiate
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 06:22:40 PM »
If you really like those "chao", get "Viva Pinata"... :-??

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 06:31:41 PM »
Am I the only one here who likes Chao, sonic was good up until they stoped puting in chao, sonic adventure 2 battle is the best sonic game, imo, that and the old 2D games! BRING BACK THE CHAO!

Although the chao are awesome and cute, I can live without them.

Fixed.

Yeah, for your opinion. I'm going by reviews and such.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Legend Inc.

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 10, 2008, 06:01:16 PM
  • HOORAY FOR CENSORSHIP
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2008, 06:53:54 PM »
do you know what was bad?

the sonic the hedgehog comic series...

THEY MADE HIM MARRY A SQUIRREL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2008, 07:25:43 PM »
See, that just hating cause Sonic stacks paper to the ceiling and get more Bi***es then you do.  :D :DxDie
No. I've been waiting for a real Sonic The Hedgehog game since after the release of Sonic & Knuckles.... All games have failed to live up to the games.
Every game after Sonic & Knuckles felt like Sonic4dummies. Or some really easy toddler version of Sonic The Hedgehog. If any of the newer Sonic games are difficult, it's only because of glitches or the 3 dimensions, the rail grind system in SA2 made me want to take each member of the Sonic Team and rail grind their heads until they get a concussion.
Sonic Advance 1 was ok, but it still was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy. The level designs don't even come close to any of the older games. Sonic Advance 2 was even easier, but the fact that you're running when fighting all the bosses was annoying. I miss the good ol' bosses that required you to jump on platforms to hit them.
The thing is, I'm waiting for a Sonic The Hedgehog 4, or Sonic & Knuckles 2.
Not Sonic Advance, not Sonic Adventure, not any of the new crappy Sonic games that looks and plays like they been made by 4kids.
I still have a harder time beating the older Sonic games then I have any of the newer Sonic games. If I see Rouge, Shadow, or any of the new characters that have appeared since Sonic Adventure, I'm not playing Sonic Unleashed.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008, 07:45:43 PM »
the rail grind system in SA2 made me want to take each member of the Sonic Team and rail grind their heads until they get a concussion.

I keep reading this from you and i've just come to a conclusion that you just suck at grinding. :P *lol*

The rest of your post is your thoughts on the games, so no sense in arguing over opinions. :P

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 08:20:17 PM »
the rail grind system in SA2 made me want to take each member of the Sonic Team and rail grind their heads until they get a concussion.

I keep reading this from you and i've just come to a conclusion that you just suck at grinding. :P *lol*

The rest of your post is your thoughts on the games, so no sense in arguing over opinions. :P
No. Seriously. I was straight in front of the rail. So I jumped, and I hit did jump dash. Instead of attaching to the rail, I go 3 inches off and die... If it was in 2d there wouldn't be any 3 inches. Then there was this one time I was stuck in a rail loop on that Sonic Level, and the camera was being at it's worst so I could only jump dash off the rail and die, and there was no way I could get out of it other then dying. It's funny though how the air attack works on enemies and those spring bumpers, but not the rails. The rails are probably more broken then Nightmare SSJ3 in mugen. It's pretty sad when a minor platforming mechanic is a hell of a lot harder then any of the bosses in the same game. In fact, rail grinding is the only thing in Sonic Adventure 2 that has ever used up all my lives and give me a game over. Where as in the older Sonic games, the boss fights were the hard parts. In the newer games, the boss fights are very easier.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2008, 12:09:36 AM »

I think I have to agree with Teros on that one. I'm an average player, but I can count on one hand how many times I've died from a missed grind. I've fallen off while grinding alot, but that's just cause I was trying to hard to keep balanced. I think SA2 just doesn't like you.

Besides, can't blam Sonic Team for the rails in SA2, blame Sega Studios USA. You CAN however blame them for the rails in Sonic 06'. Now those are some bad rails.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2008, 12:22:20 AM »
....I like Sonic R. ._.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2008, 12:51:25 PM »

I think I have to agree with Teros on that one. I'm an average player, but I can count on one hand how many times I've died from a missed grind. I've fallen off while grinding alot, but that's just cause I was trying to hard to keep balanced. I think SA2 just doesn't like you.

Besides, can't blame Sonic Team for the rails in SA2, blame Sega Studios USA. You CAN however blame them for the rails in Sonic 06'. Now those are some bad rails.
I saw a video of it in Gametrailers and it basically looks the exact same as what happened to me.
Although the one thing I really hated about SA2, was the Tails/Robotnik mech missions.
I mean, Robotnik should feel like you're playing as a boss character. Not some retarded miniature bipedal mech.
The thing that really made me hate Sonic Adventure 1, was Bigg's missions.
Sonic+Fishing=major suckage.
One thing I did like about Sonic Adventure 2 though, Bigg got ran over by that Truck on Sonic's first level.  :D

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2008, 09:18:36 PM »
Same argument, more pages.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2008, 11:10:14 AM »
i say sega should just go back to making 2d or 3d sidescroller sonic games. but sonic unleashed might be ok. dun know yet tho. or the games would be great if they took some time to make them. instead of just crapping them out the butt. like. the sonic game for the 360 and ps3 would have been good if they worked on it for another year or two. but hey. those are just my thoughts ¬ ¬

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2008, 03:12:45 PM »
Sonic Unleashed might actually be the best game since Sonic & Knuckles.

Look.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32170.html

At first I thought the 3d part might be it's downfall, then I remembered in Sonic 2, there was the chaos stages which were a lot like the 3d parts in Sonic Unleashed.

I just hope the werewolf part doesn't change the game too much.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2008, 04:54:04 AM »
Hey guys do you think Shadow will be in  the new Sonic game!?
Coming 2099.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2008, 10:31:29 AM »
Best Sonic Games for Me:

<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar