collapse

Author Topic: I don't see why people don't like SNK's fighters???  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Kev The Galaxybender

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 29, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
    • Email
I don't see why people don't like SNK's fighters???
« on: February 17, 2008, 03:32:02 PM »
&feature=related

&feature=related

&feature=related

&feature=related

&feature=related

&feature=related

&feature=related

&feature=related

&feature=related

I don't see why people hate SNK so much, they make some pretty decent fighters. I don't see why they get so much flak.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 03:36:55 PM by Toph The Earthbender »

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
Re: I don't see why people don't like SNK's fighters???
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »
Some people just don't like the spriting style. That, or they're Capcom fans.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 03:53:27 PM »

wow :o

I guess you'll always have your graphic whores, because people are drooling over the KOF XII video that came out. While I think it looks fantastic, I didn't mind KOF XI sprites. The new sprites are much better of course, but KOF's original sprites never bothered me as long as the gameplay was good

Also, I love SNK's characters design, they're always full of style and imagination.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 04:00:44 PM by Toph The Earthbender »

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 04:10:20 PM »
I despise their shading style, and some of their animations look choppy, (Kyo light punch for example).
They have good fighters, but I never liked their shading style. KOFXII though looks much better.
And I prefer Capcom over SNK.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 04:15:43 PM »

I honestly like SNK but I cant stand the button config they use. Ive always liked the look & different fighting styles. Hell, the first fighter I played was AOF & FF then SF2. I liked them in arcades though. On console ~X(.

I have too many SF memories of tournaments & great fights with friends.

When it comes to console fighters Capcom pwns b/c they simplified there commands & thats what made SF popular around my way.
Example:

HCB, HCF P

DF, DF PP
Yes, I know the commands the dont coincide with the pix...its an example
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline xsabin

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 03, 2011, 01:22:05 PM
  • obey my orders
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 04:35:15 PM »
what was said and the fact capcom fighter are easier to learn(i mean you can do combos easier)also people like the chars of capcom more(me too,but i admit most of the snk chars rock,but the numbers of chars i hate in their fighting games is bigger than those in capcom fighters),also their snk vs capcom arcade game sucked(but the neo geo pocket one was good,i made a vid of it on youtube)while the crossovers that capcom made were better,also snk doesnt have the vs. games(even though i only play xman vs street and marvel vs street,marvel vs capcom just arent as good as the other two)and besides,snk made some crappy fighters too(samurai showdown 5,fatal fury:wild ambition,the first maximum impact and kof 2003 and neowave)even though capcom made some too(street fighter ex 1 and 3 and capcom fighting jam)
ps:my vid about the unknown snk vs capcom game:

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 04:46:37 PM »
I think its mainly because most, if not all, SNK fighters aren't a "Pick up and play" type of games. People might not believe it but, it really takes time to master and even get used to SNK games. Take KOF for instance, yes the commands for moves seem hard for some moves, but I prefer the hcb,hcf + p moves to the DF,DF + PP simply because its easier for me to pull off, plus I won't run the risk of pulling out a Shoryuken instead of the super I wanted. Not to mention combos take some strict timing that you NEED to get used in KOF, but, always comes down to people choosing. I myself started with SF, then I found KOF and never looked back...till SF3 but then KOFXI came out and well...its awesome.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 04:55:44 PM »
good question i think snk make better fighters than capcom even though im a capcom fan i like the fact that snk always have good combos on every game they make and they always equip there characters wit a lot of moves when capcom givs there characters about 2 or 3 special moves. for example

ryo:

fireball
flying double kick
spining karate chop
flying karate chop
dragon uppercut
and that super fast punch thing

ryu:

fireball
dragon upper cut
hurricane kick

and yea i own KOF 98 and Last Blade 2 on my dreamcast FTW. i think i might own more snk fighters than capcom on my dreamcast but i have a good amount of both.

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 05:14:16 PM »
I think its mainly because most, if not all, SNK fighters aren't a "Pick up and play" type of games. People might not believe it but, it really takes time to master and even get used to SNK games. Take KOF for instance, yes the commands for moves seem hard for some moves, but I prefer the hcb,hcf + p moves to the DF,DF + PP simply because its easier for me to pull off, plus I won't run the risk of pulling out a Shoryuken instead of the super I wanted. Not to mention combos take some strict timing that you NEED to get used in KOF, but, always comes down to people choosing. I myself started with SF, then I found KOF and never looked back...till SF3 but then KOFXI came out and well...its awesome.

Agree'd. I never really played SNK games when I was young though. They were never as mainstream as Capcom games. Recently though I've been enjoying them more then capcoms games though. G:MOTW and KOFXI FTW. lol.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Merlock Profetus, el profeta

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 09, 2016, 03:20:59 PM
  • Infinity´s Prophet and masamune avenger
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 05:17:02 PM »
For me, only samurai showdown (Haohmaru, Genjuro, Nakoruru, Rimururu, Rera, Ukyo, Hanzou, etc..) king of fighters and the others sucks \-/o :thumbsup:

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 05:27:33 PM »

wow :o

I guess you'll always have your graphic whores, because people are drooling over the KOF XII video that came out. While I think it looks fantastic, I didn't mind KOF XI sprites. The new sprites are much better of course, but KOF's original sprites never bothered me as long as the gameplay was good

Also, I love SNK's characters design, they're always full of style and imagination.
^^(PM)^ Some people are just proving you right as they post.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 05:59:22 PM »
I grew up with Capcom because thats all anyone ever played, I played AOF in the arcades and ddin't like it, but the only SNK game I really liked was Samurai Spirits. I played FOG 96 and it was ok, but no one played it so I left it alone. I played World Heroes too, but ADK owned them at the time.

Then when I finally got my Dreamcast I got King of Fighters Dreammatch (KOF 98) and I was blown away. The character design, the complexity in combinations and special/hyper moves, advance sub systems, the gritty artwork, it was like opening a new christmas present. And I got it brand new for 10 dollars. I was hesitant to get it because it had got low scores because of the other Dreamcast 2D fighters, but I decided to pick it up because of the price and I'm glad I did. Since then I've been a big fan of SNK games. I enjoy their fighter more than Capcom's because the fact they just are more fun IMO. And they always have a nice surprise in them. I like some of Capcom's games but they seem generic and never try anythign too new, and when they do, it's always bad. Like some of the character designs in SF3, a lot of them were awful, and they had to put shoto's and chun li back in it for people to play it. and Look at SF4, they're going back to the same character design.

My favorite SNK games overall are......

Garou: Mark of the Wolves
King of Fighters 98
King of Fighters XI
Last Blade 1 and 2
Samurai Spirits II/V/V: Special
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
World Heroes Perfect (now that SNK Playmore owns them.

I dunno, SNK just seems more exciting to me, and they do seem like the Virtua Fighter of 2D fighting games while Street Fighter and Capcom is more like Tekken. I mean KOF is very difficult to learn and master because so many characters and their uniqueness and strict timing, and when you're new, the game seems very slow and stiff (just like Virtua Fighter) but when you watch high level people play it, the freaking games has a ton of depth, and they flow a lot faster than Street Fighter games. 

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »
are you kidding me? snk fighters are awesome i totally love em :-?? to me way better than capcom fighters actually :thumbsup:
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 06:30:19 PM »
their sprites suck. in mugen full screen they look blocky as hell. and their shading is horrendous. I also don't like their chars for some reason. and kof xii graphics needs new graphics. we are not in the 90's anymore were even the sf3 sprites were light years ahead of any snk fighting game.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 06:34:16 PM »
their sprites suck. in mugen full screen they look blocky as hell. and their shading is horrendous. I also don't like their chars for some reason. and kof xii graphics needs new graphics. we are not in the 90's anymore were even the sf3 sprites were light years ahead of any snk fighting game.

looks like someone caught a case of hate poisoning :o

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 06:36:53 PM »
I despise their shading style, and some of their animations look choppy, (Kyo light punch for example).
They have good fighters, but I never liked their shading style. KOFXII though looks much better.
And I prefer Capcom over SNK.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 06:37:12 PM »

<_<|...| <_<|...| <_<|...|

Wow.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 06:42:33 PM »
"well if you ain't got nobody hatin on you, then you ain't doing somethin right"

Riley-Boondocks

And i guess SNK is doing something right, and keeping things 2D>Capcom's 3D, seems too much like SFEX which sucked hardcore

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 06:50:22 PM »

Wow.

hd graphics would have been alot better. I mean guilty gear had hi-res sprites and it came out with hi-res sprites on the ps2. but i guess only high calibur games like sf2 deserve hd sprites. :-??

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 07:05:50 PM »
We're just giving reasons why we don't like SNK style like you asked. Why are you stating to bash capcom ?  :| SF4 resembles nothing of EX, except 3D...Big deal.

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 07:17:07 PM »
but you see snk has a very big selection of great fighters across their fighting games and they have variations in games and characters...also it's not all about graphics you know....snk was graphically held by it's neogeo home console cus it had to support it and all so they were pushing it to the limit..now after snk was sold and became playmore they released the old stuff in packs for ps2 and xbox mostly to remind ppl of these old games and create chances for next gen sequels...capcom never had a system to support or be limited by it's graphics....also capcom might be better graphically but snk is way better in the animation department considering the old neogeo hardware garou was released on..and the cps3 hardware for sf3.
as much as i love capcom characters i can't deny that they are repetitive and boring to some point..bringing back the old sf2 characters roster shows that sf3 characters were a miss at lease to some ppl...and if you come to think of 3d...kof maximum impact rules over any sfex or a 3d capcom fighting game.
the only snk game that really sucks is svc no doubt about it...cus it feels like there was no effort was put into it and it felt like it was put together with crappy sounds, music and everything
my opinion the best capcom fighter is by far cvs2 and sf3 comes after....as mvc and the super heroes vs games these are more of party games than fighting wit all the plasma cannons and beams lol
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 07:43:50 PM »
SVC wasn't very good, one of the worst SNK fighters, but it wasn't that bad either. but SNK only got one chance to make a crossover game with Capcom, I'm sure they would have done better with a second try, just like Capcom did. Capcom vs SNK 1 wasn't bad, but you can see the improvements in Capcom vs SNK 2. But what company doesn't make bad games? Every company has, and thats why I brought up SFEX, Capcom made a crap game, just like SNK does. It's all relative.

As for SF4, it seems like it has that floaty jump mechanic that SFEX has. I wish Capcom would have stuck to 2D.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 07:48:29 PM »

Wow.

hd graphics would have been alot better. I mean guilty gear had hi-res sprites and it came out with hi-res sprites on the ps2. but i guess only high calibur games like sf2 deserve hd sprites. :-??

Dude, I don't even get your logic. It's their own spriting style. As for Guilty Gear, so what? That's how the sprites were made, just like how SNK made their sprites. And SF2 deserves HD sprites? What are you talking about? It's Capcom's own decision to do that, not some other company like what you're trying to imply. (subconciously)

We're just giving reasons why we don't like SNK style like you asked. Why are you stating to bash capcom ?  :| SF4 resembles nothing of EX, except 3D...Big deal.

Look on the first page to see some SNK bashing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 07:51:08 PM by [∀sian-Jesus] »

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 07:56:10 PM »

Wow.

Dude, I don't even get your logic. It's their own spriting style. As for Guilty Gear, so what? That's how the sprites were made, just like how SNK made their sprites. And SF2 deserves HD sprites? What are you talking about? It's Capcom's own decision to do that, not some other company like what you're trying to imply. (subconciously)

hey what can I say. I am a graphics whore.  :-??

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 08:00:31 PM »

Wow.

hey what can I say. I am a graphics whore.  :-??

heh, no problem. I get that way sometimes as well.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar