collapse

Author Topic: Megaman_RMM  (Read 2721 times)

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 09, 2018, 10:07:28 AM
Megaman_RMM
« on: August 05, 2018, 11:12:08 PM »
I am redoing megaman completely. I am not re-coding i am starting him from scratch with the sprites without the shiny part of his helmet. Plus ill be adding more sprites to him
I am remaking him to become the Hero of the game, he will have new voice, Wall jump, more animations, Hurt stance, New transparent effects and new effects all together, Powersteal ability against P2 robots as well as Powersets (Powersets are going to be characters NOT in RMM (like Flashman for example)) Also he may have more than 6 powersets i am aiming for at least 12 the default 6 will be active same way DDa,b,c,x,y,z. His 7-12 may be active by holding down a button for 2 seconds so hold "a" for 2 seconds to get Powerset 7. 7-12 might not be in RMM but they will be coded.

Here is an idea of what i am going to do with Megaman this is a preview from Chaotics Version i used his for the video because i am only on basics with mine and wanted to give a sneakpeak and get ideas of what Robot abilities should be used as Powersets. The .acts came from my version i have almost 25% of the Colors from Powersteal ability added
Any Suggestions......

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
Re: Megaman_RMM
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:16:07 AM »
Well, that's definitely ambitious. I'm guessing you're going to make him work like Rogue?

Since you're going with a weaponset from robots not in the game I think you could spread them around to have each weapon being from a different game.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 10:33:54 AM »
New transparent effects and new effects all together,
This bothers me a tad. We have no constistency about it. Some chars have, some chars not.

Powersteal ability against P2 robots
oh but...we already have a character with this on plans (which I will code). Check the Contributor area, please.

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 11:23:38 AM »
This bothers me a tad. We have no constistency about it. Some chars have, some chars not..

Doesn't Snakeman someone you coded use transparent effects??
So whats the plan for the characters with or without them? To me transparent looks better and gives it a cleaner look
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:56:34 AM by AJrenalin »

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 12:22:25 PM »
This is exactly one of the cases. Snake Man was coded by DCL, then I had finished it. For most of his moves, it would be needed to change the transparency.
To remove the transparency from ONE character is easier than to add transparency for all the chracters.

Offline riot

• RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:November 02, 2019, 04:56:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 12:27:51 PM »
This is exactly one of the cases. Snake Man was coded by DCL, then I had finished it. For most of his moves, it would be needed to change the transparency.
To remove the transparency from ONE character is easier than to add transparency for all the chracters.

generally, I prefer to avoid the effects of transparency. which is the case of snakeman.

However, a transparency effect makes the effects much better. this is the case of green lantern (the big hal jordan of buyog)

it's my point of view.

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 01:22:23 PM »

So no transparent we are using? i was not aware of this until now

EDIT: The only thing i was making a transparent effect is the Powerblaster, Look at skullman and gutsman for example the Powerblaster effect is transparent but all others are not. Flames, electricity, Ice etc were using normal effects. Thats why i wrote "new transparent effect && new effects all together" The only thing i can see use as transparent effect is the Powerblasters
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:29:59 PM by AJrenalin »

Offline riot

• RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:November 02, 2019, 04:56:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 01:33:28 PM »

EDIT: The only thing i was making a transparent effect is the Powerblaster, Look at skullman and gutsman for example the Powerblaster effect is transparent but all others are not. Flames, electricity, Ice etc were using normal effects. Thats why i wrote "new transparent effect && new effects all together" The only thing i can see use as transparent effect is the Powerblasters

the power blaster in megaman power battle, there is no transparency and blast effects look better.

that's my opinion.

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 02:54:38 PM »
Good project man continue the good job!!  :thumbsup:

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 02:56:39 PM »

Honestly speaking, I think we should not use transparency at all on this project. It fits more with the sprites and looks more like the original game.
Which brings another question - the hitsparks. They do use transparency and they look a little out of place. Plus, they weight too much that way.

Check the private area.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:04:59 PM by .:O Ilusionista:. »

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 06:07:17 PM »
Interesting.  This one is going to take a long time to make with all those weapons.  :)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 12:24:22 AM »
Not bad, looking forward to more progress.

BTW do you need me to send you the voice clips we're using for Mega Man?

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 06:07:04 AM »
Interesting.  This one is going to take a long time to make with all those weapons.  :)

8 robots in each game (including time and oilman from game 1) Your looking at 88 specials on the robots, with palette changing effects like he is suppose to have. (yes im including MM11 robots)

I need to be 100 % sure who is def not going to make it to RMM now or ever in the future so i can add Powersets to megaman for those Robots. He will have roughly 64-76 Abilities steal (maybe, or at least all Robots already made and some future ones), 12-24 Powersets. 4 specials, 3+ hypers, 1 ultimate. Yes he will be insanely sick when he is finished

Powersteal Specials will have its own .cns file. i'm done with basics,get hits and rush helper, now when you face rush, rush is not standing with megaman no more. Expect him by Megaman 11 release date

BTW do you need me to send you the voice clips we're using for Mega Man?

I may already have them if they are from any of his games, but if you wanna send me some new clips sure ill check them out.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 07:15:45 AM »
I may already have them if they are from any of his games, but if you wanna send me some new clips sure ill check them out.
They aren't from any game. It's custom voice clips that I got one of the actors in my friends list. I'll send them to you in a bit

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 10:41:01 AM »
They aren't from any game. It's custom voice clips that I got one of the actors in my friends list. I'll send them to you in a bit

Those voices are amazing, i am going to be using a bunch of them. Thanks

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 10:54:38 AM »

Hehe yea they are.  This is something we didn't have time to add to our current Rmm Megaman.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2018, 12:58:58 AM »
Glad you enjoyed them. If you need him to record anything else, let me know

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2018, 04:00:10 PM »
Glad you enjoyed them. If you need him to record anything else, let me know

Yea actually i do need more voices, i was going to use standard sounds but if your friend can make me

Skull barrier, Air Shooter etc That would be awesome

Let me give you a idea of whats going down so u know better

88 Powersets/Specials are getting implemented into him, (from Megaman 1(including time and oilman) to Megaman 11)

I am using Mega man Powered up voice and i had to stretch the pitch slightly on your friends voice and louder it by 3db to get him sounding like Powered up Megaman and boy are they sounding very similar right now. Your friend did an amazing job on these.

Right now i have 13 voices for his attacks

Rolling Cutter
Super Arm
Ice Slasher
Hyper Bomb
Fire Storm (i can cut the storm part out and use fire on another robot)
Thunder Beam (same with this cut beam and use thunder)
Time Slow (this can work with flash and time man)
Oil Slider
Leaf Shield
Quick Boomerang
Metal Blade
Top Spin

The ones i really want to put in

Skull barrier
Air Shooter
Junk Shield
(fire) Blade Attack

But anything will help, the more the better.

Also i will be able to combine certain sounds like if he makes "air shooter" i can use that and cut "air" and turn it into "thunder shooter/fire shooter etc. so he will have more voices with less work.

Thanks so much for your help..

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 03:43:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2018, 04:23:36 PM »
dont mean to be that guy but you may wanna rope this in a bit. I say go ahead with your own MM but for the sake of the game  have a separate one for the game to keep things balanced/ and him even with rest of the cast. Dont want him out shining ALL the other character...  :-?? my two cent.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 03:43:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2018, 04:26:26 PM »
or have two versions and this one can be a hidden character that pop up from time to time. With that many power sets if the AI can be implemented well he'll all ways present a unique challenge.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2018, 07:22:06 PM »
Rage your fine :)

I always wanted a Megaman who changes palettes to the desired moves etc. When i am done this people may want this one in RMM because of how unique Mega is going to be. Laspacho mentioned he may be a secret character.

This one has a Powersteal ability (sort of) but ill keep it under wraps till its time to show him off, you guys are gonna love this idea of Powersteal (kinda like Powersteal) wont explain it yet.

The 88 Powersets are going to be by game for example

hit "Start"(just an example, still working cmds for him) will have Powersets for game one
So hit DDa - elec
DDb- Guts
DDc - Cut
etc etc

Hit another trigger such as DD,Start(again a example) Now he has all desired Powersets for Megaman 2
DDa Air
DDb Quick
DDc Bubble
etc etc

So at any giving time he will ONLY have 8 Powersets available until you trigger him to go into another game number. 11 games 8 Powersets per game

It will be easier to use him that way and it won't overwhelm the player using him. I will make him good 88 is a big number for specials but remember 8 is only active at any giving time.

EDIT: One more thing his Powersets will effect robots from certain games. For example Metalmans blade against woodman will do slightly more damage against woodman than it would against other robots. So like in Megaman games use the desire weapon to destroy enemy and again this will be slightly balanced in damage nothing like 2 hit kills it will do (damage + 10-25) depending on the move.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:30:18 PM by AJrenalin »

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2018, 08:11:43 PM »
In my opinion I wouldn't do the more damage against certain robots.  At least in Rmm itself.  That would get really unfair really quickly in Vs mode. 

Edit:
You can always release a version outside the game that does the extra weapon damage against robots.  It would be a blast to play through the 1 Player Arcade mode with that.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 09:56:13 PM by laspacho »

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2018, 10:22:38 PM »
In my opinion I wouldn't do the more damage against certain robots.  At least in Rmm itself.  That would get really unfair really quickly in Vs mode. 

Edit:
You can always release a version outside the game that does the extra weapon damage against robots.  It would be a blast to play through the 1 Player Arcade mode with that.

You know i thought about it if i do it i will make it such a small amount of extra damage like 5hp to 10 at the max that's if i decide to do it each move will need 2 hit defs one for the robot one for all others so its fairly easy to get in and out game. What i will most likely do is make the code and grey it out ";" so if anyone wants that concept just erase the ";" and now it will work fine ill even keep the trigger for the normal one with the robots in "';" so even the most basic coder can figure it out.

These are his Powersets abilities

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Special_Weapons
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:39:13 PM by AJrenalin »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2018, 08:46:48 AM »
If I can comment on the voice real quick, I'm glad you liked Matt's voice, but why not edit Powered Up's clips to match his voice instead of vice versa? I mean it's not a big deal either way, I was just curious about that.

Anyway I sent him the lines you needed. Just waiting to hear back from him.

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2018, 01:26:02 PM »
If I can comment on the voice real quick, I'm glad you liked Matt's voice, but why not edit Powered Up's clips to match his voice instead of vice versa? I mean it's not a big deal either way, I was just curious about that.

Anyway I sent him the lines you needed. Just waiting to hear back from him.

I only used a few clips from your friends voice, so it would of been more work to do all powered up, i have roughly 30+ voices from powered up in and using around 8 of your friends that's why i did it that why.

If he can make the ones from Powered up voice such as
Time slow
Rolling Cutter
Hyper Bomb
etc

Ill completely take out Powered up and use your friends without the pitch change.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »
So because of circumstances I won't go into complete detail here (because it's real personal, and disgustingly unfair to him), our Mega Man actor had lost access to his recording equipment so it'll be a while before he records those lines.

I just hope you still use them regardless. It'd really mean a lot to him

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 09:55:52 PM »
It's all good man, don't even sweat it i got plenty to work with as is the extras voices was to make things a bit better but i can do without. My blessings for your friend, hope things get better for him.

Tags: Megaman RMM 

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal