collapse

Author Topic: The Gaming news of May  (Read 3238 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
The Gaming news of May
« on: May 08, 2015, 09:15:24 PM »
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven Game's New System Video Streamed
New Trailer

Details here:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-07/jojo-bizarre-adventure-eyes-of-heaven-game-new-system-video-streamed/.87903

A ‘Turok: Dinosaur Hunter’ Remake May Be In Development

http://gamerant.com/turok-remake-development/

‘Titanfall 2′ Should Release Before Spring 2017
http://gamerant.com/titanfall-2-release-date-window/

Fallout 4: Pete Hines Updates Us On His PAX East Visit

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/26530/article/fallout-4-pete-hines-updates-us-on-his-pax-east-visit/

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:27:17 PM by DEMONKAI »

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
Re: The Gaming news of May
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 04:32:23 AM »
Splatoon Test Shooting is starting today.
Just in case you cannot wait until you can finally sprinkle your opponents with paint.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 05:54:43 PM »
Splatoon Test Shooting? whats that?

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 03:22:04 AM »
I can tell you what it is.
It is over! Muahahahahaha! >:D
But I got to play it anyway!
In all seriousness, though: Splatoon Test Shooting was a limited time Open Beta Internet Tournament version of Nintendo's next hit Splatoon. And I was able to participate in it!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 11:52:47 PM »
ah cool man haha  8)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 06:28:30 PM »
Castlevania Mastermind Koji Igarashi Spills Details On Bloodstained

Read Here

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/05/11/koji-igarashi-explains-the-name-of-his-new-game.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

and in other gaming gossip....
http://gamerant.com/castlevania-igarashi-konami-kojima/

Xbox One Console With 1TB Hard Drive Could Be On the Way
http://gamerant.com/xbox-one-1tb-hard-drive/

Konami Takes Down Video About Strained Relationship with Kojima

"The Salt is real folks^^"
http://gamerant.com/secrets-behind-konami-kojima-video/

Rumor Suggests New ‘Assassin’s Creed’ Features Playable Female Character
http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-female-character-playable/

Rumor: ‘Fallout 4′ Cinematic Trailer Produced by Guillermo Del Toro’s Studio
http://gamerant.com/fallout-4-trailer-guillermo-del-toro-studio/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:15:12 PM by DEMONKAI »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 12:22:28 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 04:02:31 PM »

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night developer Koji Igarashi has announced his next project, a 2.5D "Igavania"-style title called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. The game is in development for PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

Igarashi is bypassing a traditional publishing deal for the project, instead looking to Kickstarter to get the game off the ground. He's launched a crowdfunding campaign, seeking $500,000 to make it a reality.

The developer explained that it has already raised some funds for Ritual of the Night. Money raised on Kickstarter will be used to increase the overall product budget and to release physical Xbox One and PS4 discs as backer rewards.

Igarashi is serving as Ritual of the Night's director/producer. Another veteran attached to the project is Castlevania series composer Michiru Yamane, who is working on the game's music. Development duties are being handled by Inti Creates, the Japanese studio behind Mega Man 9 and Mighty No. 9.

For lots more on Ritual of the Night, be sure to read GameSpot's interview with Igarashi and check out some screenshots in the gallery below, along with some backstory information.

Igarashi announced his departure from Konami last year. While at the Japanese publisher, he produced more than a dozen Castlevania titles, beginning with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in 1997. He is known for transforming the series into a more adventure-oriented direction known as "Metroidvania."

Ritual of the Night backstory:

The 18th century has come to a close. Rapid advancements in science cast a dark shroud of doubt on the magics of old. The world begins to focus on the tangible.

Alchemy appears a new hybrid of science and magic. The Alchemist Guild, fearing pressure from new scientific discoveries, begins spreading word of a plague of demons that threaten the world if too much faith is placed in Science. This, of course, is a ruse to protect their power and wealth.

However, scientific progress cannot be stopped, and its advancements darken the hearts of the upper Alchemist elite. They begin to gather the “pure children" as test subjects to fuse with dangerous dark magics, a process that turns the children into “demonic magnets" that call demons to earth.

The Alchemists wait for the world to beg for their help, for they know the demon plague, which they set into motion, can only be slowed by their hand. Or so they thought…

In an ironic turn of fate, the Alchemists Guild disappears. 10 years after that fateful day, a monstrous and twisted castle filled with demons appears in the dilapidated spot that the greedy Alchemists once called home.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/symphony-of-the-night-producer-s-new-2-5d-platform/1100-6427254

The Kickstarter campaign for Castlevania mastermind Koji Igarashi's next game, a 2.5D action platformer called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, has exceeded its funding target less than a day.

The campaign went live at 10 AM PDT / 1 PM EDT and reached its $500,000 target at 1:34 PM PDT / 4:34 PM EDT.

Funding will continue until June 12, leaving plenty of time for additional money to come through to help unlock Ritual of the Night's various stretch goals.

They include the following:

$600,000 -- Artbook upgraded to hardcover
    $700,000 -- The introduction of a second playable character
    $800,000 -- A "Nightmare" difficulty mode
    $850,000 -- Voice acting from Metal Gear Solid veteran David Hayter

You can secure a digital copy of Ritual of the Night for a minimum pledge of $28. Now that the $500,000 target has been met, backers will have the option of selecting a physical disc across all platforms.

In Ritual of the Night, you play young orphan girl named Miriam who has been scarred by an alchemist curse. The game is set in a "demon-filled castle," not unlike Igarashi's most iconic work, 1997's Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Ritual of the Night is scheduled to launch in March 2017 across PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Explaining why the game is not coming to Nintendo platforms, developer Inti Creates (Mega Man 9, Mighty No. 9) said: "We can't afford to create the two separate versions of this game that would be necessary to make it run on every console."

At the same time, the developer teased: "We've heard legends about a remarkable treasure hidden in the castle basement..."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/symphony-of-the-night-producer-s-new-2-5d-platform/1100-6427254/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

But yeah i see the post above and I over looked it so i feel we need a post thats a lil more attention grabbing for something so huge.

Smile Trinitronity
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 04:31:06 PM by Rage »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 04:30:43 PM »
 :oi just had a braingasim!!! Ths game looks tight just in stills. Hit ocer a million in 4 hours? Insane!  Welp Lando better do a kickstarter for m yown game then too dang it. Lol. Bring this game on!!!

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 01, 2024, 11:29:32 AM
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 03:23:42 AM »
Heh, when I was thinking "why nobody discussing new igavania?". Should be dope, I'll wait for it impatiently :D (while playing into Dust - An Elysian Tail :P )
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 04:15:53 AM »
As much as I want to be hyped for Bloodstained, I'm disappointed that there will be no Wii U release of this. <_<|...|

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 05:00:46 AM »
Isn't Unreal Engine 4 reason for that? Afaik Wii U can't handle it.

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 10:50:57 AM »
As much as I want to be hyped for Bloodstained, I'm disappointed that there will be no Wii U release of this. <_<|...|
well at least they have a legit reasoning. idk if you read it but the original reason  its as too expensive to make two versions of the game. the wii would require its own separate version of the game, where as the other five use the same. hopefukky with all the funds channeled they'll reconsider.

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 11:44:42 AM »
well at least they have a legit reasoning. idk if you read it but the original reason  its as too expensive to make two versions of the game. the wii would require its own separate version of the game, where as the other five use the same. hopefukky with all the funds channeled they'll reconsider.
Why the hey would the Wii U require its own seperate version? It's not like the Wii U is not able to handle Unreal Engine 4 or something.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 01:54:20 PM »
Why the hey would the Wii U require its own seperate version? It's not like the Wii U is not able to handle Unreal Engine 4 or something.
Hmmm well i think you have to look at it in various ways. If its being designed using unreal 4 engine and licensed for just certain consoles  then also look at wii u architecture. It might not be able to just port to it without making a different version even using same engine or going to a different one. Even certain games that are made for console but then ported to handheld are done different cause of specs.  Wii u is a touch joint as well got game pad physical layout. So it may have to be done differently.

Even tho i got doa2 on tablet its running in an emulator, which would be done differently if the main tecmo company did it according to android specs aside how it has to be redone to port to tablet functions. But basically anyone can take guesses until creator says pretty much why it has to be done separate. My examples are just how some have been done before . Heck most people are still using unreal 3 cause its inexpensive  compared to unreal 4.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 02:19:54 PM »
well heres the thing with the wii u. its to much of a influx. tho its more powerful then ps3, and x triangle 320, its also lacking in areas too. When making a game for the ps4, XT1 the wii u cant match the output as those consoles. Now in the case of games made for last gen and more is added on top of that base for nex gen its the same issues. Games made for ps3 and xt320 dont port well to the wii u because of the areas that it is lacking in. The wii u should be called wii 1.5. Now with the original wii being behind and the current still in the same boat can you see why games are not being made by companies for the console? its a great piece of equipment in its own rights but because of the mismatch computing power things dont port over. They have to be completely redone from the ground up at times or striped shell versions of what the company originally intended for the product. People will complain about the products quailty due to the limitations on the wii u, so companies would rather avoid the drama of a stripped down version of which wont sell well and own back the money spent on production.

The gaming industry is as a whole is in the toilet. If you havent noticed everyone is playing it safe these days because games cost so much to make and if it bombs you could very well be closing your doors. The wii u isn't anything but a giant risk.

Let it be known I love Nintendo.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 04:08:40 PM by Rage »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 03:48:18 PM »
 ^^(PM)^ totally sound right there Rage.
I was actually playing on a vita and to be real, my tablet could run the game too if was made for it and at a cheaper price to dl it. Hardware is becoming expensive to keep trying to rally for companies who infastructures per capital trying to bring in better profits are too close to breaking even on making games. Its better to take low risks then a high risk so they can turn a profit. I dont know many people with a wii u or a vita vice versa as many i know with the x360, xbone, ps3 and ps4.  I dont expect to see a new console from any of these companies for at least 10 years.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 06:49:03 PM »
An Inside Explanation Of Why Third Parties Have Left The Wii U

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

there are others who published similar stories as well

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 05:03:32 AM »
Interesting article, hadn't even imagined how much of developers' hell it actually is /:O

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »
Interesting article, hadn't even imagined how much of developers' hell it actually is /:O
and added thats just for the Wii u, so imagine what the other console devs ran into with the other consoles. I remembernwhen some dev had issues trying to make certain super graphical games on ps3 but couldnt even do it and had to scale back on a lot of stuff, some couldnt even figure it out to make what they wanted. I can see why also redoin the game in a searate version iWii u cant handle porting without major changes to fit right.

I working in the Shiva engine which is quite more the than likely the exact equal to Unity engine but better on its output to make a great game. Can pretty much do what Unity does but you dont have to buy a bunch of extra features, it comes packed with them built in from jump and licensing os extremely cheaper. Some even now have code that you just fill in while designing the game since ot has templates like unity and i think unreal3 has.  So indeed i can see running into brick walls with the new hardware and trying to build something based on its cpu and gpu specs vs what you wanna do with creating a game based around it.  Developers catch hell indeed man.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:47:48 AM by C.R.O.M - Hobo Superior Lando! »

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 05:32:53 AM »
I dont expect to see a new console from any of these companies for at least 10 years.
The Nintendo NX looms in the distance...

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 05:42:43 AM »
Guys, you forgot.
(click to show/hide)
N'Doul joins the playable character cast in the newest JoJo game.
Finally, someone did something that Capcom always wanted to do.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 02:57:18 AM »
Oh... They went with Peanut Butter Dio's anime look. I prefer the manga version of that outfit, which was in Allstar Battle.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 03:44:16 PM »
This is game is going to be crazy man....I gotta pre order this sh*t...

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 09:25:39 PM »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2015, 08:39:35 PM »
New Trailer

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
[5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal