collapse

Author Topic: On Kong's Characters, how do you change the velocity on the superjump?  (Read 530 times)

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
Kong i hope u don't mind if i post this but i'm getting tired of people pm'ing me about it, and i kno u r as well probably,

Ok guys, lets say u just got thru downloading one of Kong's awesome creations and then u go and try the character out in your mugen, u might notice that on some stages the super jump might be too high...

Well guys its not Kong's fault, he made his super jump according to certain stages because i myself have tried it on certain stages and when i do it the character still is on the screen...

So, the point is, i have figured out how to edit his superjump on his characters if u want to make it lower to fit alot of other stages.... Now most importantly, READ CAREFULLY CUS I'M NOT GONNA REPEAT THIS OR ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS OKAY?

Now first off u need to find his super jump in his characters, which is in [Statedef 7711], ok so now that u have got there, look down to where it says
[State 7711]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = Time = 0
y = -15

Now u see where Kong had put -15 ok well to lower the super jump, just put any number that u want lower than -15, like FOR EXAMPLE I PUT -14 ON MY OWN EDITS OF KONG"S CHARACTERS  NOW MAKE SURE U DON"T SET IT TOO LOW, YOU SHOULDN"T SET IT LOWER THAN -13 IF U WANT A REAL SUPER JUMP, OR HIGHER THAN -15

Okay, so now that u have that done, u r still not thru, now u have to go and find the launcher moves (The punches or kicks that launch your enemy into the air so u can super jump and air combo)

For example, i tried this out on Kong's iron man, ok i went and found one of his launchers, it was [Statedef 320]
then i looked into his hit def and found the ground velocity, i repeat i went into his hit def and looked for the ground velocity
then when i found it, it was this

ground.velocity = 0,-13

but i changed it to ground.velocity = 0,-11

now when i hit the opponent with my launcher, he will get launched at a height near my super jump so he won't be higher than me as i super jump

So to sum this up, i basically changed this in his 7711 statedef to a number lower than -15 where it says y =
[State 7711]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = Time = 0
y = -14
   <<<<<<<<<<Change only this right here, and nuthing else

Then i found one of his launchers and changed the ground velocity in his hitdef to a number lower than -13
ground.velocity = 0,-11

Now becareful as to not over do it cus lowering any numbers by even just one will make the biggest change

i recommend  u guys set it for -14 in the 7711 statedef and in the ground velocities in the launchers, set to 0,-11

ok guys, Enjoy and be sure to thank Kong for creating these awesome characters   :w00t:  ;D

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal