collapse

Author Topic: Red Earth: Final Mix Update 2011  (Read 6634 times)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
Red Earth: Final Mix Update 2011
« on: April 30, 2011, 05:10:27 PM »
Hey everyone. Here's a quick report on the latest updates for my Final Mix characters. Most of these updates are a few months old (most already implemented while Leo was still a WIP), but I figured I'll mention them in detail in preparation for the next update release. Note that not everything is being mentioned, but will be listed in each characters' readme.

AI
- My original goal was to make AI that resembled human gameplay (i.e. less scripted, as well as prone for error). As I learn more about properly coding AI, many fixes to triggers and revising AI behavior have been implemented. Current AI are less spammy on certain moves, less exploitable (hopefully), and are more technical in executing certain strategies and responses based on the situation. I also took the time to play through with each character, testing what sort of combos, special traits, etc. they have, and tried my best to implement those into the AI. Still not perfect, nor designed for AI fights, but should still offer a challenge.

- AI settings between 1 to 10 should be much easier to play against now, due to many fixes on some bad triggers

SYSTEM
- Many revisions on how each Dizzy counter gets filled up. Originally, it was based on only physical & projectile attacks separated in categories Light, Medium, Heavy, Special, and Hyper. Now, the Dizzy counter responds to throws of all types, and the categories have been changed to Light, Medium, Heavy/Throws (Normal), Special Throws, Special, and Hyper. Also, the rate in which the Dizzy Counter increased has been adjusted for almost all categories, as well as everyone's default Dizzy limit have been increased.

- Hit pauses and envshakes have been unified amongst all characters

- All throws now have screen-edge spacing when executed in the corner, similar to how Capcom does it for their fighting games. This helps both visually, as well as for the fluidity of gameplay to prevent glitches in coding,and unbalanced corner traps.

- Sudden Jump has been changed to Sudden Air. This works now like a mini-jump, which allows Leo, Kenji, and Mai-Ling to jump in for a quick overhead attack during a Forward Dash. You can only do a Vertical Sudden Air and Diagonal Forward Sudden Air.

- Ultimate Guard got a few updates in regards to spacing. For example, when an enemy connects while you are in the corner, there will be pushback, which will help to reduce UGL (Ultimate Guard Lock-up) abit.

- Each character's Back Dash has reduced invinciblity from startup

- Gethit animtime have been made universal amongst all characters (using Leo as base). So, doing combos on my characters should be easier as opposed to before.

- Some jump attacks can now be used for cross ups (yes, this exists in Red Earth). Some are straight from Red Earth, few are new.

LEO

Since Leo is the latest addition to Red Earth: Final Mix, it was easier to develop him with better coding & less room for error. His gameplay's pretty much set, so no new changes and/or additions are plan (other than fine tuning).

- Combo and juggle potential has been improved while using Venus Satellite, which includes all basic attacks having 0 juggle points and all Heavy basic attacks putting p2 into an ice-stunned state (same as Counter Impact), while damage has been adjusted to avoid 100% combos.

- The fire burst during Blaze Pulse does less damage, while some basic moves gain different properties. For example, Stand HK will now knock down followed by the fire burst during Blaze Pulse

- Various tweaks and cosmetics were implemented for Mystic Pulse abit, such as missing FX on some moves

- Those special taunts are gone...but are being used for another system that's being implemented for all characters (more on that next time)

KENJI

Being the character with the most "tricks" and versatile abilities, Kenji gets some adjustments that balances him out more, which includes some damage reduction, and slower startup on a few moves. Despite that, he does gain a new move and a few extra tweaks to improve his abilities.

- F+MP becomes much slower on startup since it is an overhead, which prevents it from being spammed repeatedly with little risk.

- LK Kagero -> MP gets a slightly slower startup

- M Jumonji (ground) now acts more like the Red Earth version, and now the kunai fully homes in onto the opponent no matter where he/she goes. There is a time limit on the kunai homing, though. Due to its effectiveness, damage has been reduced.

- M Kagero -> MK move's been renamed from "Shoten" to "Ishu". Ishu represents when Kenji is rolling in midair to catch an opponent for a throw.When he actually connects, the type of throw executed changes depending on where the opponent is: "Shoten" for grounded opponents and a new Izuna-type throw for airborne opponents.

- Rasetsujin's startup has been slightly reduced, which allows it to connect & register in real combos

TESSA

Tessa got alot of attention to fix certain areas that affected her gameplay and limited her effectiveness. Many tweaks were implemented to improve combos and strategies for most of her basic attacks, special moves, and Mystic Breaks, while some other properties from Red Earth were added to enhance her personality. At the same token she recieved some power downs for the sake of balancing, most of it involves slower recovery to prevent safe long-range attacks, as well as changes to how some of her attacks' properties. Her overall zoning game is still there, but the opponent will have an extra sec or two to react and try to retaliate.

- 4 ghosts during Jamming Ghost have limited cases where they can attack. For example, opponents in a liedown state will not be hit anymore, and there's a greater chance of the ghosts not attacking while opponents are in a falling state from midair. These changes, however, do not change the way this move works, for it still opens up opportunities for comboing, pressuring on defensive opponents, and juggles (only if opponent is in a gethit state, as opposed to a knockdown & falling state). On top of that, there is a separate damage reduction coding that reduces Tessa's attacks while Jamming Ghost is activated.

- Her midair crossover Pop Wand combo (was possible until the last public update which nullified it by accident) is now doable again

- All basic attacks that involve her cats have been retimed animation-wise. Instead of hitting early, they now hit based on the cats actual attack animation frames. This makes timing combos better (animation-wise), especially for all MK versions

- There is more recovery time after a few moves, such as all special cannon-related moves, and Dragon's Roar

- All cannon-related moves have better spacing in corners so that the actual projectiles can hit. So, combos in the corner like Stand MK (2 hits) -> LK Electron Cannon (cannon hit & electro bug hit) are now possible

- Cannonballs' speed adjusts in order to hit multiple times when Hyper Cannon is done upclose against a cornered opponent

- There is now a recovery time when Chaos Seal misses (forgot to implement this initially)

- All life and power up items from Fortune Seal have had their power up values lowered, so the boost is not too advantageous. Also, a new life up item has been added, called "Turkey Dinner". This will come out more frequent than Roasted Pig (which still heals the most, but not as much as before)

- More float values have been added for certain moves so that they work more similar to their usage in Red Earth

- Evasive Air's jump height and ascending duration have been lowered. While it still works the same to get Tessa over her opponent's head quickly, it won't be as "safe" as a 2nd Super Jump.

MAI-LING

Other than adding/revising new systems, Mai-Ling's update consists mainly of fine-tuning her gameplay and improving certain moves' effectiveness.

- Basic moves received some tweaks for improved chaining, juggling, and combo potential

- Kononyu's counter startup time has been reduced, making it easier to time when to use for countering an opponent's attack

- Revised Kasen's hit properties, so it knocks the opponent back instead of acting like a launcher, while improving its counter properties against normal physical attacks

- Tentsuiga now puts opponents into a custom state for the air combo segment so to bind some characters with particular codings against physical attacks to take all hits.

- Revised Rolling's invincibility coding, giving it full invincibility for a few ticks at startup before making Mai-Ling vulnerable to crouch attacks only.

- Koen now connects on a falling opponent for juggling purposes

More info on the final features being implemented for the next update. Once everything's in order, I plan to move on to some new WIPs. But, I leave you all a small preview of what's to come.

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 20, 2011, 01:20:57 AM
Re: Red Earth: Final Mix Update 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 06:47:07 PM »
I'm happy to know your new update (e.g., Sudden Air, improved chaining, moves, AI, and so on). 

^^(PM)^  :)

>:-(-|
Sorry.  This is an off-topic a little bit, but I wanted to tell about this (or maybe someone told you about this already).  When I played Kenji, and did hyper move Jumonji :2 :3 :6 :bk :bk in Super Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes Version 6.1, I found out that he can do the move without hyper gauges.  By the way, I didn't find this bug in your Kenji, but Kenji in EOH6.1 game.

Thanks to Demonkai.  I got this MMPR photo.
I didn't know your name was :D. That's an interesting name.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »
hey, cool to see this chars are still on working. They seams to be so cool.
Knowing your past works, I know its would be very well done.

Congrats

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 01:52:29 PM »
@fatalfreak: Thanks for the support. As for EOH Kenji, I'm looking into it. There may be an update for him and my other EOH characters. Remember, the one in the last EOH release was never released to the public.

@.(O). : Thanks for the kind words. Really trying hard to make high-quality stuff, although I still have a lot more to learn  :)

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 20, 2011, 01:20:57 AM
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 04:52:02 AM »
@fatalfreak: Thanks for the support. As for EOH Kenji, I'm looking into it. There may be an update for him and my other EOH characters. Remember, the one in the last EOH release was never released to the public.

@.(O). : Thanks for the kind words. Really trying hard to make high-quality stuff, although I still have a lot more to learn  :)
@Sabaki:Thank you for explaining.  I look forward to see your updated EOH Kenji also.  That's great news too!!!

:) ::salute::

Thanks to Demonkai.  I got this MMPR photo.
I didn't know your name was :D. That's an interesting name.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 11:21:19 AM »
Small update. I started a showcase vid series that displays how to play with my characters (lots of inspiration from how game companies promote their up and coming fighting games). The two vids available show how to play with Leo, showing his potential in capable hands. These vids also show some of the changes and fixes applied, so some things will not work (right) in the current build available right now. For example, when using Blaze Pulse Jump HK and Stand HK do not knock down, thus causing infinites. However, I've now changed their properties, so those infinites are no longer possible.

1st vid shows some of Leo's combos and strategies in normal mode

2nd vid shows of his gameplay while using Mystic Pulse

More vids to come on the remaining three characters, as well as news about the upcoming updates  :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 07:55:54 PM »
:O*D ahhh

Im digging those combos man. very very interesting stuff there. pretty damn technical
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 11:56:07 AM »
Today I will introduce the latest and final new system for my Red Earth: Final Mix project, which is simply called Bluff.

WHAT IS THE BLUFF SYSTEM?

Bluff system consists of 3 unique actions called Bluffs, where each is a fake version of a particular attack or move a character possesses. As the name implies, you can bait your opponent into thinking it's one of your real attacks, but you are not limited to just this one purpose. The Bluff system allows you to use these unique actions in two different situations: Manual Bluff and Bluff Canceling.

MANUAL BLUFF

Manual Bluff is when you use a Bluff action on its own. While one of these are in use, you won't be able regain control by until a few moments. However, you can cancel into an attack, a Dash, or a Super Jump. Along with this, each Bluff action has special attributes, and can prove handy in a fight against certain scenarios.

In the following example, Mai-Ling uses one of her Bluff actions, called Run Bluff. It's startup resembles Koen, and will move Mai-Ling abit forward in a similar fashion. Bluff Run ends fairly quickly, however, which can put her in an advantageous position if her opponent falls for her "bluff".

In another example, Leo uses Rush Bluff, which is a fake version of Chronos Rush. Rush Bluff will advance Leo forward, similar to how the original move those. Upon getting close, He can then cancel into an attack according to his opponent's reaction, such as Gaia Driver.

As mentioned above, each Bluff action has a special attribute or two. In this example, Kenji is able to avoid being hit by timing his Bluff action according. This Bluff action, called Utsusemi Bluff, is essential for not only faking a teleport, but from avoiding harm as well.

BLUFF CANCELING

Normal attacks can be cancelled out of through a Bluff action when they make contact with a target, thus the label Bluff Canceling. You'll know when you've successfully Bluff Canceled as you will flash a light blue color. This will open many opportunities you normally don't have, such as making certain moves safer on block, apply pressure, and to create unique combos and juggles!

An example of Bluff Canceling is presented with Tessa. As her Stand MK hits twice, performing a Bluff will cancel her recovery animation and put her into one of her Bluff actions while her opponent's stun. She then attacks again before her opponent recovers with another Stand MK that hits twice, allowing her to perform a 4-hit combo.

Bluff Canceling affects certain moves' properties, allowing for combos and juggles that are normally not possible. For instance, Tessa cannot combo Reverie Sword after her DF+HK hits. However, if you Bluff Cancel after DF+HK connects, Reverie Sword can then be used in the combo and deliver additional damage.

Bluff Canceling is not only reserved for ground situations, for it can be done in the air as well. Using Tessa as an example once again, Jump MK is Bluff Canceled upon the 4th hit, and followed up with another Jump attack.

There will be a little more info regarding Bluff system and more examples on its usage. Also, stay tuned for there will be a chance to participate and try
out this new system!

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 02:46:02 PM »
That is an extremly well thought out system. It will open up an entire new demension to the game play. I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 07:30:45 PM »
Nawce!! ^^(PM)^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »
@Demonkai: thx for the support  :)

@Acey: Yeah, I'm still trying to offer something different from the original game to make playing Red Earth chars worthwhile in mugen. Since sky's the limit when coding for mugen, why not take advantage of it?

As I mentioned in my last post, I will be offering everyone a chance to play around with this new feature. I plan to release 1 or 2 test versions of my current chars through limited download that have the Bluff system (along with the dizzy system) fully functional. This will give everyone a chance to give feedback and let me know what they think about it, any bugs, etc. Being test versions, be aware that these are "lite" versions and not full releases, so certain features and options will not be available.

Be on the lookout for these test versions in the next few weeks or so.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 08:51:24 PM »
Here's some extra tidbits about the Bluff system:

BLUFF'S ATTACK PROPERTIES

All Bluff actions have "attack" properties for about 20 ticks, and will put an opponent into block animation if he/she holds back.

This can come in handy for setups and mixups against opponents who are on the defense.

OTHER METHODS FOR CANCELING BLUFF

Other than through an attack, you can cancel out of a Bluff by the following methods:

Forward Dash

Back Dash

Super Jump

Now, for some really good news! I will be releasing 2 test versions this week, most likely at the start of the weekend. This will give everyone who's interested a chance to test out the Bluff system and the revised Dizzy system. I will have these test versions up for a limited time, so be sure to check back either at this thread or the Mugen Releases section so you can get your copy while the getting is good  :)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 01:49:13 AM »
 ^^(PM)^ :O*D

HAIL CROM!!

Offline GrayFox

• Last Login:August 31, 2020, 03:38:43 AM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 09:24:35 AM »
Awesome man!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 07:11:13 AM »
For those who want to see the Bluff system in action, here's a short promo vid. Enjoy  :)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »
 ;*)) cool video man. definitely look forward to those releases :)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 11:26:51 AM »
The test versions are now available. Check out the release thread here  :)

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=35309.0

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 02:22:09 AM »
Time's up for participating in feedback of the test versions of my Red Earth: Final Mix. I want to thank everyone who responded and helped with this. These test versions are no longer available, so look out for the full update on my Final Mix characters, which will be sometime this winter.

I've also put up two vids, this time highlighting Mai-Ling's gameplay and strategies. It's pretty technical and informative in regards to how she can be played, from combos to mixups. Note that there are probably more extensive combos and juggles that can be done with the current version, but some of those will no longer work unless you utilize Bluff Canceling. For info on the special notations it's best to watch the vids on Youtube.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 02:30:52 AM by Sabaki »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 02:53:08 AM »
very  ^^(PM)^

the combo set is very interesting. that arranged music sounds like its from some old beat em up game
battle toads and double dragon? :(|) lol

anyway ive been sucked away from for a bit due to dead island

cant wait to DL the final versions :)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 01:26:07 AM »
I love how you've developed the game system, I also like how you're building into a group of related Warzard chars rather that just one separate release. It would be a shame to have a group of Other Warzard chars in a roster with only one char with the system you are building.

Offline GrayFox

• Last Login:August 31, 2020, 03:38:43 AM
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 09:07:51 AM »
Very unique and well designed concept my friend. I will be looking forward to adding them to my new screen pack. Good luck with finalizing everything.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »
Thx for the comments everyone   :)

@Acey: yeah, I know what you mean. Well, gonna do my best to have all my chars use the same system...sorta like a full game  ;)

Offline soniku2

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 08, 2017, 04:54:34 PM
  • Bang!Bang!Bang! Damn that feels good!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 01:13:19 PM »
Good luck on the project! Can´t wait for the update

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 09:52:14 AM »
Been a while since I've posted any news. Well, good news is during my time of silence I've been working on all characters and updates are coming along better than expected!  Unfortunately I have nothing to show atm (maybe next week) but rest assure everything's going according to schedule.

Here's some info about the recent changes concerning the new Bluff system:

1) All bluff actions will not have attack traits, only those that are fake versions of an actual attack move
2) There are now more unique traits for each bluff action. While they still work to psych your opponent out, each one possess multiple usages to be more useful. Some of the unique traits range from forward dash, to increased meter gain, to even projectile absorption to power up a specific attack!

It won't be long before everyone can try out what I have store, for the next release date I'm aiming for is around the holidays, after Thanksgiving. I will try to have a new vid sometime next week that showcases the changes and updates that have been implemented.

Stay tuned :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:30:09 AM by Sabaki »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 10:16:25 AM »
I'm really excited Sabaki, I love how you're really working hard to bring more innovation to the gameplay.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista