collapse

Author Topic: Street Fighter V Thread  (Read 31759 times)

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
Re: Street Fighter V Hype Thread
« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2016, 05:13:59 AM »
:D

Yeah, I read it doesn't even have a training mode or arcade mode, when the "Mode Trailer" clearly shows a training mode being available. :-??

it does have the training mode. as a metter of fact, i've been playing in training mode, cuz that's the olny way to have a decent match in that game. story mode even lacks difficulty levels and i guess it is set in "beginer"

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 15, 2020, 01:18:02 PM
« Reply #251 on: February 17, 2016, 09:02:56 AM »
download it yesterday... i don't know, but the game sucks... i really regreat tohave buy it...
i mean, it's exactly the same as sfiv but kinda fast, that's the only thing that i liked. i don't know if there's gonna be an arcade mode, but it doesn't have one. the story mode suck pretty hard, there's only a few fights for each character like if you play as zangief there are only two fights of one round each and that's all the story mode...
f**k*** hate this game, for real... *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Really? I actually enjoy it. The only problem is the online wasn't working in most of Europe but I still managed to get some games from share playing my friends in on my psn list.
-
In terms of comparing it to SFIV, this game does not have that horrible clunky feel and overall non-responsivness. If anything, SFV is a little too responsive.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2016, 04:12:12 PM »
it does have the training mode. as a metter of fact, i've been playing in training mode, cuz that's the olny way to have a decent match in that game. story mode even lacks difficulty levels and i guess it is set in "beginer"
Oh, my bad. I was reading what people on steam were saying... maybe it's just the pc version that doesn't have it or they're somehow not finding it? lol!

The pc version is of course being reported as buggy and lagging, although they apparently just "fixed" the multiplayer... I doubt how long that will hold before it all goes awry again. I think I'll be waiting a long time before getting this one. Maybe a Thanksgiving Steam Sale? :-??

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2016, 10:22:57 PM »
Yeah on the PS4 it has Training mode. story mode. survival mode. Survival mode unlocks different colors. between difficulties of easy. normal. hard & Hell.

The Challenge mode aint available yet >_> smh

I like the game actually. I just don't like the idea of having to wait for the other characters later. The servers kept going down because too many people flooding in too fast. SFV is very fluid. fast and the combos TO ME connect a lot easier in a way...the damage out put is heavier than SF4 also.....I have no problem with it either. makes you play harder on not getting hit
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2016, 11:41:03 PM »
Its a good game but the story mode is laughable. Why even bother, it could have really used an arcade mode.

CENTER]

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2016, 01:10:08 AM »
They went to "game as service"  way and promised lifetime free updates with all missing content. Honestly I don't know is it a good thing or not, people gained access to game and can help with bug reports and suggestions, that's probably good, but in the same time as is game is half done and this half makes first impression. As is it makes wish for more, especially for ones who likes singleplayer, like me.
For now not bothering as game'll change here and there before it'll receive more complete look.
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2016, 06:36:34 PM »
Um yea, I just bought the PC version last night and it runs at like 3 frames per second.  Totally unplayable.  Stupid Capcom.
And I have a good computer too, I updated the nvidia drivers no help.  I guess I'm going crack and upgrade my computer to Windows 10 for the newer direct x.  I bet that will fix the issue even though it says it will run on Win7.

Edit:
Ok I upgraded to Windows 10.  That fixed the issue.   :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 09:14:45 PM by laspacho »

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2016, 10:31:54 PM »
Oh noes, so it needs win10? That's a bad news for me, won't put that piece of malware anywhere near my PC :(

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2016, 06:10:46 AM »
The minimum OS is Windows 7, so yeah I would recommend upgrading. This goes for any other AAA games being released lately and from now on. They're going to require at least Windows 8.1. I think even Batman Arkham Knight *shivers* required it too.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2016, 07:23:58 AM »
Guess I have to ignore SFV(if 3fps won't be fixed) and stay on Win7, what MS does with Win10 is intolerable for me. TBH even if I'll be able to shut all it's prying eyes, auto-sharing updates through p2p and auto-deleting software it doesn't likes I'll never be comfortable around device running Win10 - you'll never know what it'll set by default with next update.  It'll build my paranoia to the level when I can't speak near PC running that evil OS even if it's in hibernated state as now it wakes up by voice command... Don't want to live in George Orwell's anti-utopia :'(
(click to show/hide)
Oh well, and SFV seemed something worth to wait for 'til it's content grew... All reviews I've seen before are telling of fluid gameplay and cool fx to it, even better ones for PC version.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #261 on: February 20, 2016, 12:04:53 AM »
The concept art looks cool! Also, that lifebar wouldn't have been approved. The life/energy part of the bar looks like the Capsule Corp logo. :DxDie

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: February 20, 2016, 03:45:19 AM »
Well from my small session of the game on the PC version is def shows it needs some work. Gameplay wise it was pretty sweet. Ran good on the rig my cousin has, his game and PC and was cool. Issues tho was the net lagged at points like uhhg why bother. Again gameplay of the characters I had a few sessions with Men and Rashid was good.

The major gripes from me and my cousin were .....where is everything ? Well arcade mode...none. Story mode.... Lol. OK I guess. Some thj Gs won't be available for a while and implemented but characters we wasn't stressing as far as the doc since we know its coming with the other characters. That season pass thing too. But it just felt bare bones in some areas. The game def feels pushed out ....which it was rushed to make capcom cup as they did say they wanted it out for tourneys. But its like what about the rest of us? I am getting it for PS4 so some things I already heard are pretty solid on that front . Even if I get my ps4 soon I might just hold off a bit, a Lil bit till some stuff is fixed and maybe added the "rest" of the game cause it feels like a beta on PC . please no nerfs unless totally needed .

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2016, 06:35:11 AM »
They're doing what SNK did, releasing the game unfinished, so they can use the revenue generated to finish the actual game, likely to be called Hyper:SFV.

The screenshot looks cool, but at fist glance, I just don't see a SF game.
Keep Mugen Free

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2016, 04:36:41 PM »
Super Mega Ultimate Ultra Street Fighter V!

:DxDie

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2016, 06:05:59 PM »
Oh, my bad. I was reading what people on steam were saying... maybe it's just the pc version that doesn't have it or they're somehow not finding it? lol!

The pc version is of course being reported as buggy and lagging, although they apparently just "fixed" the multiplayer... I doubt how long that will hold before it all goes awry again. I think I'll be waiting a long time before getting this one. Maybe a Thanksgiving Steam Sale? :-??

no, man. Im' talkinb of the ps4 version... worst game ever
also, $79 dollars?? taht crap doesn't even worth like $10. this is just a f**k*** demo, that's all...

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #266 on: February 21, 2016, 04:59:55 PM »
I like the gameplay a lot but they should have waited longer. Not enough options to be worth 60 bucks. ill have to agree in that area it felt like a demo but with a decent amount of characters in it. For the people wanting to buy the game I say just wait later. if theres an update edition get that one instead. Because if you want to enjoy story mode and all that alone youll be disappointed^^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #267 on: February 21, 2016, 07:20:27 PM »
Heh, just what I told about "game as service" even with lifetime support in updates form first impression means a lot and it's "demo" more than anything else right now. They probably will expand story mode and of course add all missing modes, but when they will game won't be that fresh to make massive impact.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: February 21, 2016, 07:57:02 PM »
As is right now....consider it as said and as released...a fully playable demo . Just steps about the pc beta with all the options this time added.  Not worth 60 bucks as is but its gonna get bells and whistles in updates over next 3 to 5 years as thats the aim...longevity play from one physical game. Imma wait till much more is done to feel like a full game purchase. I see what they tried to do with presenting it before release but didnt go through with it in the right direction as led to be believed by most fans which is why there is a sorta backlash about the game on many listed fronts.

Offline LightFlare

• Mugen Soldier
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 07:10:33 PM
  • I must continue my training...
« Reply #269 on: February 21, 2016, 08:00:06 PM »
Dang...kinda disappointing. My birthday coming up next month so I was hoping it might improve but it probably won't.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2016, 01:37:26 PM »
So...
The mechanics and netcode are fantastic... When the servers work that is.

If you can, wait until June for all of the new stuff to be added for free. I like that you can actually unlock characters and costumes for free and stuff this time around, but I don't like that I have to wait until March to start doing so. They're adding a bunch of stuff in March so if you want it soon, wait until then I guess.

Edit: Also someone figured up that just doing single player content (with survival up to at least Hard for each character) as is will give you enough fight money to unlock all but one of the 6 characters being added in, with more ways to earn fight money coming soon. So far I have enough for 2.

Edit 2: That concept image looks kinda neat, but nothing like Street Fighter. Looks more like new Tekken characters.

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: February 23, 2016, 07:35:49 AM »
it's absurd... we bought a demo for 60 dlls and they will give us "free dlc" that HAS TO BE IN GAME BY f**k*** NOW!! never buying capcom again

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #272 on: February 23, 2016, 05:20:14 PM »
IKR? They give you an early access alpha game for $60. Improve it to beta by may most likely, and then it'll be full release by the end of the year/early next year when they release the whatever... Super Street Fighter V, I'm sure. Again!

This is why we need more Tekken. Tekken never fails us, right? Also, the combos in Tekken are sick! I have a strong need for the Tekken series to be ported to pc... and the new one. It's only on consoles, why?! Did they not realize since Tekken 5 & 6, there are a lot more PC gamers?

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2016, 07:02:47 PM »
I Really like Street fighter 5 so far even though it's unfinished.  With that being said I think it's beautiful broken mess. 
The graphics are superb and I like the simpler alpha like play style.
Where's the Arcade mode?  There's no excuse for this.  Yea I know there's survival mode but it's one round.  It does not take the place of a basic arcade mode.  How hard would it have been to include a arcade mode?
The first iteration of sf4 had 25 characters.  Sf5 has 18 with 6 DLC coming  by September.  So it's still one character shy of what SF4 started with.  I also think it's disappointing that Akuma (Who was hidden in like every game) amongst other character staples aren't in the game to begin with.
I do see SF5 catching up with the characters in the years to come but it's going to take a while.  It's taking 7 months to release all the dlc, that's a slow start.  I hope when the season 2 starts there is a new block of characters doubling the amount put into the game in one shot (Maybe giving you a couple for free) then a bunch of DLC after released at a quicker pace.

For the PC version it was disgraceful that there is no joystick support built in and I had to use a keymapper addon to make my joystick work.  I also wasn't happy about upgrading to windows 10 to make it run properly, but I'll live.    ;)

The cross platform support works great.  I was playing with my buddy on ps4 the other day.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 11:23:16 PM by laspacho »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: February 23, 2016, 10:50:33 PM »

For the PC version it was disgraceful that there is no joystick support built in and I had to use a keymapper addon to make my joystick work.  I also wasn't happy about upgrading to windows 10 to make it run properly, but I'll live.    ;)

Ex friggin actly!!!  I am still puzzled that in a day in age they cant even get that right? Ok i hate ranting ......i love SF. I am just boggled at the notion they like...forgot er something to do this? Yeah i heard some fussing around too on some game spots about there games wouldnt boot up until either upgraded to win1o, but also you had to have some certain program not either active running or installed.

I can only imagine the battle for zeny to earn those dlc characters aside a season pass. Or buy them right out (which i might do cause i may not like all those challenges and stuff ( no arcade earning potential for currency blows) and take a while to nab a character as well one other thing like  pallet color . If the game is supposed to have a game life of over next what....its 2016 to 2020 lifespan till a SF6 i believe cause they did say they gonna be adding characters over the games span and other content. One physical disk and all other content downloaded no versions.

With this clearly unfinished beta and as ya said the "full" game might be done by this december.......i doubt it tho. Rushed stuff is what they.....i hate to say this cause Glux and Rage taunted this around in the past too lol...Crapcom....just made my fam pay a full price for and its....lacking in most the best parts...used to and some new. Gameplay fine no problem....its just a lot of everything else that is not as good to bleh.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal