collapse

Author Topic: Versus project  (Read 48878 times)

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 15, 2020, 01:18:02 PM
Re: Versus project
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2015, 12:37:02 PM »
Aya has some nice combos. Looking forward to test her...
I remember Kazuya and Gogo in your old videos. Are they still in the roster? It would be cool to see Gogo in your game.

:cool ha, I'm looking to get this out before Christmas so you'll get your chance Very soon. Yeah Aya has some good combos but I dropped quite a lot of them in the video so you couldn't see what she is really capable of.

-Yes kazuya is still in the roster but gogo is being saved for later.

Sputnik updates | Is now fully battle ready

Spit Rhymez/ Rapping stance
-Sputnik will perform a random rap that can be cancelled into a dash or into his (B-boy stand)
every time sputnik cancels you'll here a DJ scratch sound. So playing with sputnik is like being a DJ  as well as a fighter lol one of my favorite characters so far. Overall; Sputnik is slightly slower then the rest of the cast whilst attacking. He also doesn't have any 10 frame startup jabs like most the cast. However he is still a contender with multiple launch options and good mid tools.
 hopefully I'll have his video up later tonight.

Some animated moves
WS2,1

B+3,2,2
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:42:57 PM by No_Face_MAVERIK »

Offline Creyonz

• BGM maker
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:June 04, 2021, 04:27:42 PM
  • FGC
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2015, 07:50:25 AM »
Ok, so who's Sputnik? Is he an original creation or from some other game? Also, I'm curious how will your dlc stuff work but I guess you will explain it anyway, sooner or later. And one more thing. It might be kinda dumb question but are you going to make this game free to play?

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2015, 09:16:59 AM »
Ok, so who's Sputnik? Is he an original creation or from some other game? Also, I'm curious how will your dlc stuff work but I guess you will explain it anyway, sooner or later. And one more thing. It might be kinda dumb question but are you going to make this game free to play?

-Sputnik is original. He was initially designed by my friend back in high school and since then myself and he have been coming up with other sputnik concepts. I came up with this one.

-Yes the game is free to play. But some of the dlc stuff like unique costumes or commissioned versus characters are not though.

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 08:25:49 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2015, 11:50:57 AM »
It's all so professional, you looks very familiar with martial arts.  :O*D

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2015, 12:14:32 PM »
It's all so professional, you looks very familiar with martial arts.  :O*D

Thanks man :w00t:

NEW UPDATE; SPUTNIK
! No longer available

Sputnik updates | Is now fully battle ready
Arguably one of the most fun characters to play in our project. Sputnik-X probably has the most launchers in this game so far to make up for his lack of fast offensive moves. His d/b+2 is also a very good low poking tool with 12 frames startup.

move-list so far
;-----------------------------------
Scratch it  1,1,1
elbow upper  2,1,2
Mad dozer b+3, 2, 2
Mid jab  d/f+1
right uppercut  d/f+2
Bionic upper  u/f+2
Bionic underhand  d/b+2
Mid Kick  d/f+4
knee stomp  d/b+4
Shove it kick  u/f+4
Sherman stomp b+4,4
Firewall firmware d+1+2
Bass Blow f,f+2
Cyclic Error  WS+2,1

Mic Check/ Rapping stance
-Sputnik will perform a random rap that can be cancelled into a dash or into his "Get Down" stance
every time sputnik cancels you'll here a DJ scratch sound. So playing with sputnik is like being a DJ  as well as a fighter.

Get down stance (Back during Mic check)
-Sputnik will strike a corny gangster pose whilst saying a random quote.

Kill dat noise /Cancel (Forward during Mic check)
-Sputnik will cancel out into a fwd dash.

Addicted to BASS(F+2)
-Sputnik will cancel out of Mic check into Bass blow.

Remix Punch 2,2,2 (During Mic check)
The remix punch has returned. This move is executed during his "Get down" stance.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 02:06:13 PM by No_Face_MAVERIK »

Offline Creyonz

• BGM maker
  • Initiate
  • FGC
    • Email
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2015, 06:11:44 PM »
I see some white outline on his hand. Is that how it should be?

Otherwise this character is so cool and I'm sure I'm gonna play him.

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2015, 06:24:35 PM »
I see some white outline on his hand. Is that how it should be?

Otherwise this character is so cool and I'm sure I'm gonna play him.

-The outline is supposed to be there since the colours are too dark on his gloves. The white is from the rim highlight shader I added.

-I also got your personal message unfortunately this site doesn't notify anyone of new personal messages which is crazy.

Offline Creyonz

• BGM maker
  • Initiate
  • FGC
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2015, 08:07:11 AM »
-I also got your personal message unfortunately this site doesn't notify anyone of new personal messages which is crazy.

You were right. I didn't knew about a new personal message. Lol. Btw, check your inbox.

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2015, 03:11:49 AM »
N.B.K has made it to the roster

I wanted N.B.K to look more different to his sputnik-X counter part so I gave him a more unique dome visor. He will also play as a Sputnik-X Clone minus the hip-hop gimmicks since N.B.K is meant to be a stone cold killer. So you can expect to see him in action in the future.

NBK in game

New Versus icons and portraits

You were right. I didn't knew about a new personal message. Lol. Btw, check your inbox.

Thanks I liked the remix dude. :Terry
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 03:41:36 AM by No_Face_MAVERIK »

Offline Creyonz

• BGM maker
  • Initiate
  • FGC
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2015, 07:23:12 AM »
Select screen looks simple but nice. Definitely got that fighting game spirit. I might be wrong but looks like you changed Kazuya's face. Am I right? One more thing. I was checking your DeviantArt. There are some animation of Kaonashi. This character looks really awesome. Can't wait to see more of his moves. I've posted a comment on your DA.

BTW: Kazuya is my main character in Tekken. I know I'm gonna play him a lot in Versus.

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2015, 09:36:41 AM »
Mitsuko updated/Tactical black palette vs aya hitsumi Palette 2
Note; mitsuko also has a secret white palette/costume.
! No longer available
Mitsuko's sprites have been updated as well as new moves, frame data adjustments added.
Additionally: Her tactical Roll has been removed and replaced with a tactical dash/ Recon step.
Her tactical back roll has been removed completely. Instead she can back flip away from the opponent which is less safe and covers less distance.

Aya hitsumi also has some new added moves and frame data adjustments.

Select screen looks simple but nice. Definitely got that fighting game spirit. I might be wrong but looks like you changed Kazuya's face. Am I right? One more thing. I was checking your DeviantArt. There are some animation of Kaonashi. This character looks really awesome. Can't wait to see more of his moves. I've posted a comment on your DA.

BTW: Kazuya is my main character in Tekken. I know I'm gonna play him a lot in Versus.

Thanks and yes I did change kazuya's face to look more like how his tekken blood vengeance look.
- kaonashi is also one of my favs and he's actually one of the central characters in my projects story. His look has also slightly changed.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:45:24 AM by No_Face_MAVERIK »

Offline Creyonz

• BGM maker
  • Initiate
  • FGC
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2015, 11:27:11 AM »
I feel like Kaonashi's fighting style will be similar to Bob's mostly because of his super hero punch.

Offline Kent

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 13, 2017, 10:55:53 AM
  • Developer
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: November 17, 2015, 06:12:02 AM »
-Sputnik is original. He was initially designed by my friend back in high school and since then myself and he have been coming up with other sputnik concepts. I came up with this one.

-Yes the game is free to play. But some of the dlc stuff like unique costumes or commissioned versus characters are not though.

I'm making a game myself (3d rendered and put into 2D world of MUGEN) as well that is going to be created from scratch using MUGEN engine, and it's going to be free. I've contacted my lawyers in the firm and they said that i can't make UNIQUE content that i created from scratch make "commercial" but the game itself make free...cause he explained it like this -

i can not use MUGEN or any other materials that are copyrighted by other people/companies for financial gains. If i make these kind of content FREE but my own content COMMERCIAL within one product where the MAIN ATTRACTION is FREE SOURCE, copyrighted by others for NONPROFIT use only, it still will be considered to be copyright breach because in court of law it will look like i'm using "free" stuff like MUGEN etc to sell my own materials, and it is against the law.

So if you know any other option how to separate two things and not get in trouble with copyrights - i'd love to hear it =) might be useful for me as well!

Kudos on the project...looks real good!

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #188 on: November 17, 2015, 07:05:27 AM »
i can not use MUGEN or any other materials that are copyrighted by other people/companies for financial gains. If i make these

License Agreement
Please note that Elecbyte places no restrictions on the distribution
of character files, stage files, add-on packs, or similar items which
operate under the M.U.G.E.N Environment, that do not contain any
significant portion of the M.U.G.E.N Environment itself.

-so you could make money off Original content such as stages, chars etc. That's why people can commission characters and earn a profit without breaching the agreement
-secondly you could try to get into contact with elecbyte and negotiate an agreement.

HOWEVER in your case you are breaching more than just the elecbyte agreement since your characters are property of WWE and other Wrestling companies so you really shouldn't be thinking of earning a profit. 

The only aspect of my project that may involve finances revolves around my original content. (DLC, extra costumes commissions, requested costumes) and not around the licensed characters or anything copyrighted.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:28:46 AM by No_Face_MAVERIK »

Offline Kent

• Initiate
  • Developer
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2015, 07:29:14 AM »
License Agreement
Please note that Elecbyte places no restrictions on the distribution

-so you could make money off content such as stages, chars etc. That's why people can commission characters and earn a profit without breaching the agreement
-secondly you could try to get into contact with elecbyte and negotiate an agreement.

HOWEVER in your case you are breaching more than just the elecbyte agreement since your characters are property of WWE so you really shouldn't be thinking of earning a profit. 

The only aspect of my project that may involve finances revolves around my original content. (DLC, extra costumes commissions, requested costumes) and not around the licensed characters.

But here is a question...can you sell a stage/char with all the MUGEN coding or simply Sprites of it as a separate file?

Concerning WWE...well the first one was simply compilation of characters that i found on the web, just to see and feel MUGEN so to say.

But "Spinecrusher Slam: Overkill" is custom made and will feature only those characters that gave permission to use their likeness, so basically guys like Goldberg, Joe Legend, Angelfyre, Gladiator etc gave their permission to use their likeness (for instance Sting and Bret Hart couldnt give their permission due to exclusive rights from 2K, not  even wwe...and Raven asked for money)))) ) in this game, other chars are created by me =)

But this SS:OVERKILL will still be free.

I'm thinking on making sequel to it Commercial with only fictional characters from this one + some new stuff, of course if "Overkill" does well =) Still thinking about engine for the sequel - MUGEN or smth else...maybe smth 3D, because all stuff i create is UNITY ready
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:34:25 AM by Kent »

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2015, 07:40:40 AM »
But here is a question...can you sell a stage with all the MUGEN coding or simply Sprites of it as a separate file?

Concerning WWE...well the first one was simply compilation of characters that i found o the web, just to see and feel MUGEN so to say. But "Spinecrusher Slam: Overkill" is custom made and will feature only those characters that gave permission to use their likeness, so basically guys like Goldberg, Joe Legend, Angelfyre, Gladiator etc gave their permission to use their likeness (for instance Sting and Bret Hart couldnt give their permission due to exclusive rights from 2K, not  even wwe...and Raven asked for money)))) ) in this game, other chars are created by me =) But this SS:OVERKILL will still be free. I'm thinking on making sequel to it Commercial with only fictional characters from this one + some new stuff, of course if "Overkill" does good =)

-No I'm assuming you can't, which is why people commission sprites. You'll have to make the selling point your sprites. Same as any commission. But contact elecbyte to find out about "Please note that Elecbyte places no restrictions on the distribution"

This could mean that it's possible to do so. Since it's not a large portion of the environment.

-The superstars aka wrestlers although they may have given you permission are not in control of their contracts. Their likeness is owned by the company they work for. So even if you got the "ok" from them it still needs to be approved.

-Get in touch with elecbyte and I am fairly certain if they see promise or something they could potentially earn money from they would likely negotiate some agreement/exemption.

Offline Kent

• Initiate
  • Developer
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: November 17, 2015, 07:53:50 AM »
-No I'm assuming you can't, which is why people commission sprites. You'll have to make the selling point your sprites. Same as any commission. But contact elecbyte to find out about "Please note that Elecbyte places no restrictions on the distribution"

-The superstars aka wrestlers although they may have given you permission are not in control of their contracts. Their likeness is owned by the company they work for. So even if you got the "ok" from them it still needs to be approved.

-Get in touch with elecbyte and I am fairly certain if they see promise or something they could potentially earn money from they would likely negotiate some agreement/exemption.

Got it! Basically Make FREE SCREENPACK with characters and stages as DLC for some donations so to say =) But still it's only in the far future for me, so if i decide to make sequel commercial and on MUGEN i of course will contact Elecbyte. BTW any news why their website is down? maybe there is noone to contact anymore? (((

Concerning wrestlers yes, i know bout their contracts and so on, had one myself, thats why Sting and Hart couldn't approve, even for a free project =) but from Pro-wrestlers i have only Goldberg, others are indy wrestlers and here, on the indy stage, we have no contracts with organizations, only handshakes, but if we do have "contracts" its only kayfabe, for the cams.

Was also thinking about adding The Predator to Overkill...already have completely poseble 3D model, even better then in MKX, need to work on the sprites though.

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #192 on: November 17, 2015, 08:10:32 AM »
Got it! Basically Make FREE SCREENPACK with characters and stages as DLC for some donations so to say =) But still it's only in the far future for me, so if i decide to make sequel commercial and on MUGEN i of course will contact Elecbyte. BTW any news why their website is down? maybe there is noone to contact anymore? (((

Was also thinking about adding The Predator to Overkill...already have completely poseble 3D model, even better then in MKX, need to work on the sprites though.

Here's another thing quite interesting The elecbyte copyright exipred in 2013 and the site has remained down since their last update.
(c) 1999-2013 Elecbyte  perhaps they have lost interest in the engine. :-??

Copyright expiration
After the period of copyright protection has expired, a work becomes available for use without permission from the copyright owner; it is said to be "in the public domain." Most works enter the public domain because their copyrights have expired.

-This might be the reason people have already started selling mugen products on steam already. But I would really try to find an email or something to contact them first if I were you. I'm sure you can find an email if you search hard enough.

- Predator, nice. Will be interested to see how that turns out. But I wouldn't recommend including him into the roster when you go commercial since he is attached to a titan company

Offline Kent

• Initiate
  • Developer
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: November 17, 2015, 08:39:28 AM »
Here's another thing quite interesting The elecbyte copyright exipred in 2013 and the site has remained down since their last update.

Copyright expiration
After the period of copyright protection has expired, a work becomes available for use without permission from the copyright owner; it is said to be "in the public domain." Most works enter the public domain because their copyrights have expired.

-This might be the reason people have already started selling mugen products on steam already. But I would really try to find an email or something to contact them first if I were you. I'm sure you can find an email if you search hard enough.

- Predator, nice. Will be interested to see how that turns out. But I wouldn't recommend including him into the roster when you go commercial since he is attached to a titan company

Wow, this changes a lot of things =) But no worries Overkill is still free, cause it might look and and so on, but still not good enough for commercial usage.

Btw, love the way your 3D figures look...some mixture between cartoonish and real-life models...love it...lots of current fighting games lack it! it gives me a retro nostalgic feeling!

Offline Creyonz

• BGM maker
  • Initiate
  • FGC
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2015, 02:33:49 PM »
Any chance to see some videos with Kazuya? I wonder if he will get some new moves in your project.

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2015, 01:23:12 PM »
Power meter
the power bar is back. We are currently brain storming ideas on what to do with it since we want to implement something unique to other fighting games. EX-attacks, Supers and Ultras are all possibilities. Any ideas you might have are more than welcome.

NEW BLOOD
well not  necessarily new,  more like "not shown until now"

(1)J.O.U the wildcard
(2) Daniel Duum aka Dr.Duum.

Any chance to see some videos with Kazuya? I wonder if he will get some new moves in your project.

-Yeh when there's enough of him to show.
-yes he does have new moves as do the other tekken cast

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2015, 03:44:26 PM »
I liked the power bar idea and the new characters. Is Daniel Duum inspired in Marvel's Dr. Voodoo?

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: November 30, 2015, 04:00:24 PM »

Copyright expiration

Hmmmm cool i guess. Doesnt the copyright protection for mugen tho only attributes mugen engine....not copyright protected characters/content likenesses from company games? If i am correct those are ongoing ones and arent for resell withoutholders approval or rights. May have to recheck my book on that too. Thats crazy folks tryin to sell copyrighted stuff on steam through mugen.  You project is an original game so i think its in the clear for you tho bro.

Liking these new show offs too!  Very interesting they are and def diggin the dude in black and white!

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #198 on: November 30, 2015, 04:58:31 PM »
I liked the power bar idea and the new characters. Is Daniel Duum inspired in Marvel's Dr. Voodoo?

Thanks, no Daniel Duum was inspired by Baron samedi. I hadn't heard of Dr.voodoo until now.

Hmmmm cool i guess. Doesnt the copyright protection for mugen tho only attributes mugen engine....not copyright protected characters/content likenesses from company games? If i am correct those are ongoing ones and arent for resell withoutholders approval or rights. May have to recheck my book on that too. Thats crazy folks tryin to sell copyrighted stuff on steam through mugen.  You project is an original game so i think its in the clear for you tho bro.

Liking these new show offs too!  Very interesting they are and def diggin the dude in black and white!

-Yes, you will always have to request permission for licensed characters. However in regard to the mugen engine the copyright is now rendered void since it has expired in 2013 which means the engine could potentially be sold with original content.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: November 30, 2015, 05:18:38 PM »
 ^^(PM)^
Thanks for the info on the mugen copyright being voided now too. I didn't even know it was up 2 years ago!  Wooooohahahaha original commerciall games time now!

Heavy looking forward to this project man.  :thumbsup:

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 [3] 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal