collapse

Author Topic: RMM Powerset Idea vault  (Read 4900 times)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
RMM Powerset Idea vault
« on: January 23, 2016, 01:15:25 PM »
Guys, on this topic we will discuss ideas for missing powersets for some characters, since each character needs 6 powersets
Any ideas are appreciatted, specially if you can post link to images to be used on those powersets.

Try to be creative, ok? :) Check the move mechanic guide: http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=40227.0

Actually, we need ideas for the power sets of those characters:

- Crash Man
- Cut Man
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:19:36 AM by .:O Ilusionista:. »

Offline jhfer

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 26, 2023, 07:10:09 PM
Re: RMM Powerset Idea vault
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 02:04:35 PM »
Some move's ideas for cutman:

Scissor's shield - move like rockstone attack of dr. doom of capcoms's MSH (and not like megaman's shield weapons), which whirl horizontally, in direction of enemy, cutting through it way.

Spinning scissors - scissor moves whirlling like sonic boom's guile, but when it hit the enemy, it whirling upping, cutting him 5 times.

throw vertically scissors up, which falling from the top of the screen.

Offline Ganbare-Lucifer

• Infinity Mystical Ninja
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 07, 2024, 08:55:31 PM
  • Shinubis, Goemon's Descendant
    • Tediz_Ozito
    • Skype - Ado-Redwolf3
    • Lucifer's MUGEN Site!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 02:05:33 PM »
Crash Man:

...weapons that will look like:

-Drill Bomb
-Power Stone
-Wild Coil
-Commando Bomb
-Spread Mine
-Deep Digger

...I dunno
(click to show/hide)
"Set it up!"

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 03:59:30 PM »
Crash Man:

...weapons that will look like:

-Drill Bomb
-Power Stone
-Wild Coil
-Commando Bomb
-Spread Mine
-Deep Digger

...I dunno

Funny, I had similar ideas. Drill Bomb and Spread Drill are a given, and I suggested Commando Bomb too. Junk Shield and Homing Sniper would work well too.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:March 22, 2024, 09:24:48 AM
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 06:31:10 PM »
Well, he using missiles already, which are strangely coming out of shoulder pods instead of busters. He can use homing ones, like Sektor, in wiki it says he can use Time Bomb to stop time for 4 seconds. And speaking of bombs, he IS advance BombMan and GutsMan hybrid, probably he can use Hyper Bombs. Maybe Napalm Bombs.
Drill Bomb and Spread Drill are necessities indeed.
---
If anything I'd like to see charged Wild Coil on Bass, along with Lighting Bolt and Noise Crusher (even though he already have that bolt as hyper)
CutMan is a hard case only Quick Boomerang is on surface... Hmm, maybe he can teleport same way he does in intro - cutting background. What else, ground scissors projectile doing waka-waka sounds? ;*)) :-?? Flying scissor satellite shooting laser beams from its "mouth"?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 07:27:39 PM by ExeLord »
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 08:39:13 PM »

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 08:41:27 PM »
Yes

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:32:38 AM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 11:16:51 PM »
Awesome, I love it!   ::salute:: ::salute::

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 11:49:42 PM »
*continues thinking about CutMan* scissors hoverboard, scissor-hands for parts cutting or using as wings *remembers smiley using weed as wings*, tired of cutting giant rubber ball to walk inside, and then scissors all over place again aaarrrghhh *lloses consciousness and from the darkness with clacking sounds comes CutMan with giant scissors instead of his hands* aaaaaahhh, not again!!!

Ghm, yes, it's nice powersets for CrashMan...

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 11:07:18 AM »
*continues thinking about CutMan* scissors hoverboard, scissor-hands for parts cutting or using as wings *remembers smiley using weed as wings*, tired of cutting giant rubber ball to walk inside, and then scissors all over place again aaarrrghhh *lloses consciousness and from the darkness with clacking sounds comes CutMan with giant scissors instead of his hands* aaaaaahhh, not again!!!

You're thinking too hard dude.

Wheel Cutter, Laser Trident, Slash Claw, Gyro Attack and Shadow Blade could all work for him.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 07:53:54 AM »

I edited the large bomb so it wouldn't clash with the other sprites. Since Blizzard suggested Power Stone, I added it to the sheet as well.

I'll make a sheet for Cutman later.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 08:00:04 AM »
Nice sheet. But what is the link between Crashman and moves like power stone and junk shield?

Also how  each missile works?

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 08:08:53 AM »
Nice sheet. But what is the link between Crashman and moves like power stone and junk shield?

Also how  each missile works?

* The stone and junk can be summoned by him shaking the ground with his drills. At least that's my idea (I'm trying to think outside the box).
* Drill Bomb explodes after a set distance or on impact (in Megaman 4 you could manually set the explosion).
* Homing Sniper is self-explanatory.
* Commando Bomb creates a shockwave on the ground (in Megaman 10 you manually turn the bomb).

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 11:01:08 AM »
Forgot Spread Drill, always though it's one of most creative missiles I've seen.
You launch it big, if you push button it splits in two allowing you to hit wider area, but each of 2 have only half damage big one had, second button push will split it in 4 missiles covering even wider area, but each small missile have their damage halved again. It also slows down while splitting than flies on regular speed.
About Homing Sniper I should mention, that it flies in a straight line and if enemy present it locks-on, also it's possible to charge it for multi lock-on. You can use that to make versions of it where it slowly flies straightly until enemy is near, flies with regular speed and faster lock-on and one that locks right after launch. Or something like that.

Yeah, Power Stone and Junk Shield have no ties to CrashMan, though neither of those missiles, they just fitting his theme. Even if Junk Shield doesn't I kinda like it, Power Stone - not really. It may sound a bit strange, but I suggest Super Arm. Yes, Super Arm, but not how MegaMan uses it, how GutsMan uses it in Power Battle i.e. lift stone overhead and crumble it to pieces. He is BombMan+GutsMan hybrid after all and this move will work kind of Repulsor Blast of Iron Man, though not exactly.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 11:16:59 AM »
The only thing which bothers me is that its too much missiles for him. Drill missile could sink into the ground and appears far awway from him (kinda Iron Man's missiles does in Marvel Avengers Alliance game).

Command bomb coul be exchanged for Terra (or other robot, I don't remember) missile, which hover on the air before go forward.

And one of the moves could be changed for a dash-like move. Check the move mechanic guide: http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=40227.0

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 11:34:09 AM »
Told you that got me worried...
Well, we can exclude Drill Bomb and make Time Bomb as Spread Drill is more functional than Drill Bomb. Time Bomb freezes time,  but you can't attack while it's active and duration is,  only to get you out of danger mostly, going through enemy...
Or we can use Drill Bomb as dashing move drilling bomb into opponent and leaving it there for explode...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:41:09 AM by ExeLord »

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 12:35:00 PM »
Forgot Spread Drill, always though it's one of most creative missiles I've seen.
You launch it big, if you push button it splits in two allowing you to hit wider area, but each of 2 have only half damage big one had, second button push will split it in 4 missiles covering even wider area, but each small missile have their damage halved again. It also slows down while splitting than flies on regular speed.
About Homing Sniper I should mention, that it flies in a straight line and if enemy present it locks-on, also it's possible to charge it for multi lock-on. You can use that to make versions of it where it slowly flies straightly until enemy is near, flies with regular speed and faster lock-on and one that locks right after launch. Or something like that.

Yeah, Power Stone and Junk Shield have no ties to CrashMan, though neither of those missiles, they just fitting his theme. Even if Junk Shield doesn't I kinda like it, Power Stone - not really. It may sound a bit strange, but I suggest Super Arm. Yes, Super Arm, but not how MegaMan uses it, how GutsMan uses it in Power Battle i.e. lift stone overhead and crumble it to pieces. He is BombMan+GutsMan hybrid after all and this move will work kind of Repulsor Blast of Iron Man, though not exactly.

I like this idea. He could shake the ground, making a big rock fall from the ceiling, then crush it with his drills. This can replace Power Stone with no problem.

The only thing which bothers me is that its too much missiles for him. Drill missile could sink into the ground and appears far awway from him (kinda Iron Man's missiles does in Marvel Avengers Alliance game).

Command bomb coul be exchanged for Terra (or other robot, I don't remember) missile, which hover on the air before go forward.

And one of the moves could be changed for a dash-like move. Check the move mechanic guide: http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=40227.0

You mean the Photon Missile from Mars.

Told you that got me worried...
Well, we can exclude Drill Bomb and make Time Bomb as Spread Drill is more functional than Drill Bomb. Time Bomb freezes time,  but you can't attack while it's active and duration is,  only to get you out of danger mostly, going through enemy...
Or we can use Drill Bomb as dashing move drilling bomb into opponent and leaving it there for explode...

Do you mean the Hyper Bomb from Bombman?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:51:07 PM by Magma MK-II »

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 07:26:16 PM »

Replaced Power Stone with Super Arm.

Made a initial sheet for Cutman, with customs for Laser Trident and Wheel Cutter.

Remember, those are just partial sheets where I'm grabbing ideas, so nothing here is final. If you think anything should be replaced by all means say it.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 05:29:01 AM »
Do you mean the Hyper Bomb from Bombman?
Sorry for confusion, in wiki it says:
"In the show, he only uses Time Bombs, changing from his standard drill-like weapon to another missile-shaped explosive before firing them- suggesting that the drill-like weapons he had beforehand were his Crash Bombs, and that the time-delayed explosives he used were added for the show."
Hadn't watched cartoon sadly and searching wikia led to http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Bomb
Hyper Bomb can work with him too. Final choice ow weaponry is up to our character mastermind - Ilu :Wink :P Maybe some outside of classic MM universe weapons would be needed to make it diverse and fun.
Actually when I think about it in BN was nice bombs:
TimeBom - hand puts it somewhere and if you don't break it in time it detonates in large area;
BlkBomb - thrown in arc giant bomb looking like Hyper Bomb, but it doesn't explodes on it's own, just stays there as placeholder until you burn it with different fire-based weapon causing massive explosion, though could be neutralized too;
EnergBom - also thrown in arc small bomb that stuns enemy for a short time with EMP;
BugBomb - same as previous, but causing HP bug (could be changed to inverse controls);
FlashBomb - bomb placed on ground that, if not taken out causes damage and stun, most powerful version also blinds(I suggest blinding only, making you invisible);
Wrecker - same as EnergBom, but makes hole in floor(in BN you can't walk on broken panels, in mugen probably falling to the hole could be mode);
Ratton - mouse-like mine that follows enemy on ground.
They sound more like out of BombMan's(hope someone finishes Esky's work someday, he was pretty cool) arsenal, but to make things diverse one could be taken from those, it won't hurt.
Also in BN were shotguns with invisible projectiles, but different-shaped explosions - V/X/+/-- shaped, with neutral, fire and water elements on them. Explosions like that could be used on one of missiles or even added to punch, like if his weapon detonated in buster.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »
"In the show, he only uses Time Bombs, changing from his standard drill-like weapon to another missile-shaped explosive before firing them- suggesting that the drill-like weapons he had beforehand were his Crash Bombs, and that the time-delayed explosives he used were added for the show."

Ahhh now it makes sense. Its a time-based bomb, not a time-stopping bomb.

About the big rock, I don't think it fits him perfectly. I have other idea, with stones too.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 07:50:55 AM »
Tell us your idea. Whichever works better.

By the way, I'm thinking about making a master weapons sheet, not only to facilitate when picking up ideas, but also because I'm spriting a certain boss.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 07:53:09 AM »
Doc robot? If so I have strong interest.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 07:57:44 AM »
No, a much simpler one. Though a Doc Robot would be cool.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 01:34:43 PM »
Tell us your idea. Whichever works better.
He could drill the ground and make some debris/little rocks falls from the sky.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 07:13:04 PM »
He could drill the ground and make some debris/little rocks falls from the sky.

That, or the debris could spew from the ground itself.

Offline r7465

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 05, 2021, 01:02:28 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 02:27:21 PM »
Almost two years, but since it's sticky there should be no problem in necrobumping this.

I have some ideas. All of them are for specials.

Heatman

1- He takes a fire on the cap thing on his head (you know those lines) and collides with an enemy's head, setting them on fire which does damage for some time.

2- He turns into a box and starts rolling in a square-shaped path until he reaches a point at the roof, then jumps off. Don't think of it as Armored Armadillo's style.

3- Should require a bit of charging, but obviously faster than the normal megaman games or Fox McCloud's character. He should lit up the hole on the bottom of his foot (I'm not sure if he has one though, I just imagined it for some reason, and it kind of resembles the one on ovens so I thought it would be cool) and then just kick it, pushing the enemy far, maybe a good move to end combos.

4- A shoryuken move except with fire instead of force. I don't know, I just like Shoryukens, and I never played any SF game (even though I maybe will buy SF5)

5- A flame fist. Even though it kind of is out of character, fire and energy are kind of related, and I thought it would be if he could have another good combo-finisher special and just instead of his leg, use his fists. It would require charging as well.

Jewelman

1- A move where he incinerates his enemy into a jewel. This would be an excellent move considering that Jewelman only has one attack in MM9 and it's not that cool.

2- The ability to throw jewels at the enemy which whacks them and gives a good period of dizziness to the opponent.

3- Last but not least, I was thinking he could use his knee to attack and also make another long-dizzy move.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista