collapse

Author Topic: Mega Man: Robot Master Mayhem  (Read 44145 times)

Offline Omega Zero

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 09, 2011, 11:14:10 PM
  • GIVE ME YOUR WAFFLE!!!!
Re: Mega Man: Robot Master Mayhem
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 06:33:06 PM »
this looks like a fun game, but if it goes well you al should consider covering the X series
GIVE ME YOUR WAFFLES NOW!!!!

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 25, 2022, 06:44:52 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2009, 08:15:25 PM »
This could be useful

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2009, 08:27:11 PM »
i count 16 or of those have been made into mugen MVC styled and EOH style

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline themilkchan

• Last Login:January 15, 2014, 11:08:11 PM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 02:16:27 AM »
Gutsman would be a pretty epic addition as a heavy char

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 09:11:50 AM »
It would be interesting to have the playstyle mimic the actual Rockman games, and the fighting end be a bit easy operation, ala pocket fighter. I'd go 4 buttons - Jump, Punch, Kick and Shoot.

Give each character a basic shot, a charged shot, then physical specials with command motion + punch or kick. You could really differentiate from EOH this way, while also allowing characters to have less basics required, which makes the load lighter on new creators. Hypers could even be simple activation, by hitting P+K for one or J+S for another.

Aircombos might be best done with a reserved juggle, ala Reu's Evil Ryu. Aerial Rave is once again biting too hard from vs. series - but it would be cool to see different setups off of standard juggles, launching bounce bombs then teleporting behind them to ensure they hit, stuff like that.

A system like this would also make the game feel like a natural extension of it's older brother and sister - Power Battles / Fighters. You'd be making the game more accessible to the Rockman fan community who may not be all too into fighters.

Likewise, if a creator really wants to stack their robot master with insane stuff and create a full set of attacks, then that becomes the EoH version -- allowing characters devved for this to contain new bonuses for their later EoH debuts.

Good Luck!

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2009, 07:02:56 PM »
My question is that if it is Rockman's Robot Master Mayhem, then how would Kobun and Tron fit into this game?  Is Dr. Wily going to go to the future like Rockman World 2, but this time into the 9th millienium and capture Kobun and Tron to help him or are they just bonus characters?  Just curious.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Astaroth

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 19, 2015, 10:38:42 PM
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 12:19:27 AM »
Don't get me wrong, ANC.  I think you're a brilliant creater, but I've honestly heard better ideas coming from you.

I think one of IMT's crowning achievements is the way they do their Megaman characters.  While there are a lot of other places where people can find really great Capcom and Comicbook characters, (Scruffy, Mugenguild, etc.) I have yet to see anyone else put out such great-looking MM characters that have a great fast-paced appearance and gameplay style.  Even at their very worst, the IMT megaman characters are still fun to play as.

But as someone in the topic earlier said, they aren't even really MvC styled, which really works in favor of the game.  Many characters can't even really do basic combos the same way as MvC characters (hint: Elecman), and focus a lot more on projectiles and fast and powerful ground attacks than easily air-comboing.  Again, Elecman's launcher in particular is tough to use, and I often find myself zapping the hell out of my enemies, as well as doing quick dash-attacks to easily win.  And this is unique for each character:  I enjoy strategically cornering enemies as Cutman.  Each character fundamentally feels the same as far as gameplay, but plays so differently, I would not change the system one bit.  I mean sure, Iceman and a few others could use a bit of revamping, but overall, Exc said it best: this is Infinity style.  And that style is for the win in the case of Megaman.  ::salute::

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 10:02:12 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 03:29:35 AM »
Don't get me wrong, ANC.  I think you're a brilliant creater, but I've honestly heard better ideas coming from you.

I think one of IMT's crowning achievements is the way they do their Megaman characters.  While there are a lot of other places where people can find really great Capcom and Comicbook characters, (Scruffy, Mugenguild, etc.) I have yet to see anyone else put out such great-looking MM characters that have a great fast-paced appearance and gameplay style.  Even at their very worst, the IMT megaman characters are still fun to play as.

But as someone in the topic earlier said, they aren't even really MvC styled, which really works in favor of the game.  Many characters can't even really do basic combos the same way as MvC characters (hint: Elecman), and focus a lot more on projectiles and fast and powerful ground attacks than easily air-comboing.  Again, Elecman's launcher in particular is tough to use, and I often find myself zapping the hell out of my enemies, as well as doing quick dash-attacks to easily win.  And this is unique for each character:  I enjoy strategically cornering enemies as Cutman.  Each character fundamentally feels the same as far as gameplay, but plays so differently, I would not change the system one bit.  I mean sure, Iceman and a few others could use a bit of revamping, but overall, Exc said it best: this is Infinity style.  And that style is for the win in the case of Megaman.  ::salute::

^^(PM)^

Wiki page is up. Click on the image below..

Offline DanOwnsall112

• Suporter of Mugen Evolution
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2016, 11:19:37 PM
  • OYAJI!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 03:32:37 AM »
^^(PM)^

Wiki page is up. Click on the image below..

I have to say this, bomb man looks too fat in my opinion  :(|)

"DAN NEVER DIES, HE JUST STOPS LIVING FOR A DAY!" - GatlingPunchRalf

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 26, 2024, 11:12:02 PM
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 04:02:22 AM »
I have to say this, bomb man looks too fat in my opinion  :(|)
Not fat, too big. If it was fat, it'd fit him as I remember him being kinda chubby. He looks big in a Guts Man kinda way which doesn't really fit him, but still looks pretty cool.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 04:44:22 AM »

Guess this could go somewhere. Air attack.

If not, this. :-"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:52:53 AM by Manic »

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 06:58:51 AM »
Wiki image is tight stuff.

Honestly, I don't have much stake in this project, but that was just my two cents on how a Rockman fighter should play out. I really don't buy "Infinity style" - it's clearly vs series style, with some characters unfortunately having incomplete or broken hit timings due to the beta nature of the game and the sheer task of balancing all those characters.

But I agree that nobody's turning out Rockman stuff like IMT is, and as a fan, wish you guys luck all the same.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 10:48:31 AM »
I've seen the wiki page about this project, and I've got disappointed that there are no MM5 char confirmed yet. But I think I can contribute with this part!

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 25, 2024, 09:05:05 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »
I've seen the wiki page about this project, and I've got disappointed that there are no MM5 char confirmed yet. But I think I can contribute with this part!

New characters can be added can be added to the list at any time.  :)

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 10:02:12 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 05:44:02 AM »
Hmm.. updated the splash pic on the wiki. Added Manic's Skullman and updated it with Mew's Bombman. The other Bombman sprite was my own, based on the screencap below, which is why he looked "fat."

Mine

Spider Mew's

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 06:28:04 AM »
so does this mean there is NO hornetman Wip?

I stopped working on him cause I thought someone else is... but if no one is...

Offline Enscripture

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 15, 2020, 07:12:24 AM
  • Plug-In, Rockman.EXE! Transmission!
    • My site
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 06:43:03 AM »
Bombman should be fat because he's round like a bomb~ He's not bony like Rockman.  Using Gregarlink10's Rockman Rockman sprites would work as a base for certain sprites.

Offline HQ

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 08:20:52 AM
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 07:31:24 AM »
It would be interesting to have the playstyle mimic the actual Rockman games, and the fighting end be a bit easy operation, ala pocket fighter. I'd go 4 buttons - Jump, Punch, Kick and Shoot.

Give each character a basic shot, a charged shot, then physical specials with command motion + punch or kick. You could really differentiate from EOH this way, while also allowing characters to have less basics required, which makes the load lighter on new creators. Hypers could even be simple activation, by hitting P+K for one or J+S for another.

Aircombos might be best done with a reserved juggle, ala Reu's Evil Ryu. Aerial Rave is once again biting too hard from vs. series - but it would be cool to see different setups off of standard juggles, launching bounce bombs then teleporting behind them to ensure they hit, stuff like that.

A system like this would also make the game feel like a natural extension of it's older brother and sister - Power Battles / Fighters. You'd be making the game more accessible to the Rockman fan community who may not be all too into fighters.

Likewise, if a creator really wants to stack their robot master with insane stuff and create a full set of attacks, then that becomes the EoH version -- allowing characters devved for this to contain new bonuses for their later EoH debuts.

Good Luck!
^^(PM)^

In my opinion ANC has a very good point!

- The Game would be more unique, since it would feel as a completly NEW game, with a new style and fresh ideas.
- More Accurate to the Original Rockman Games
- Fewer Sprites Needed for a Full Char could mean more chars, more stages, more detail on the chars in progress.
- Fewer Sprites could mean better Quality & Animation Smoothness
- Fewer Sprites could mean that Creators could pack in more BONUS stuff without having to edit a 1000sprites (for ex. Weapon Changing like in the Original Rockman Games, where Rockman gets the Weapon from his defeated enemies, more Intros, Winposes, Interactions, Special GetHit States, etc...)

AND

- After all these Chars can be upgraded later on if plans are changed for this game or/and they get introduced in EoH!

So...please rethink of the idea :D :) since already said they can be upgraded later on and you might try to accept the ideas for a demo-run, ONE char alone or something like this and see how it would work out.

Nevertheless I wish you all the best for this great project and I'm looking forward to see how it develops since I'm sure you will consider all ideas and make the best of it :)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 11:59:10 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 07:55:42 AM »
Hmm.. updated the splash pic on the wiki. Added Manic's Skullman and updated it with Mew's Bombman. The other Bombman sprite was my own, based on the screencap below, which is why he looked "fat."

Mine

Spider Mew's

Question EX  i know Severbot is on the game but he seems out of place with all those MM characters. Just saying

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2009, 09:55:49 AM »
Maybe that Vava (vile) that was in the releases thread could be added... :-"

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2009, 09:59:06 AM »
Excursion's Bombman is a zillion times closer... but honestly? Why not Napalmman? He's Bombman with a better weapon, and his Power Fighters sprites are HUGE meaning a nearly straight conversion.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline HQ

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 08:20:52 AM
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 10:10:47 AM »
Some Ideas for Mega Man: Robot Master Mayhem

- Weapon Changing: You could implent this feature that will make the game LEGENDARY! How it could work...the same way Buyog is programming his Parasite, BUT with the exception that the Char will get the ability after he defeated his enemy and not with an attack (I am not a coder, but I think that might be possible, especially because it is a Full Game and Buyog's Parasite also keeps the stolen abilities for the next enemy)

Select Screen Idea I had...

Player1 is the Char in the Middle in the first row ("P1" could be written next to it on the right)
Player 2 is the Char in the Middle in the Second row ("P2" could be written next to it on the right)
The Player1 Name is listened above in the first row
The Player2 Name is listened above in the second row

So this how it would work...coded
This is the big portrait of Protoman (it has to include the Char on the left and the char on the right of it which are listened in the select.def in GRAYSCALE!) So if you press to the left Megaman gets highlightened and Protoman is on the right of Megaman in greyscale

So the select.def would look something like this:
Megaman.def
Protoman.def
Cutman.def

This would also be a great way to add secret chars.... you can hide a secret char if you place it benath Megaman for ex.

x = char
- = slot

X-X-X-X-X-X-X
XX-X-X-X-X-X

Make 100 columns (means 50 regular chars in the first row) and 2 rows
The second row are SECRET CHARS (you can only go to the secret chars if you press down on Protoman for example...and then left& right...U see that the only way to press down is on the first slot in this example)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:31:09 AM by voidednumb »

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2009, 01:23:17 PM »
The one character I would honestly like to see that I would have done if I only knew how to sprite and stuff would be Yamato Man he is my favorite boss while second is Quickman

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Bowasiel

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 02, 2015, 12:42:58 PM
  • He is coming....
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »
Ur bombman Excursion looks great  :w00t:

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2009, 07:27:41 PM »
Topman up for use if anyone wants to work on him. I was working on him when my other laptop's motherboard fried, and didn't have Skullman's sprite sheet.

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista