collapse

Author Topic: CROM Hobo Lando pixel shack  (Read 27168 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: CROM Lando sprite edits
« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2012, 02:28:45 PM »
Batzarro better watch out

:D  i got a long way till i get to that level he is on, but i am trying. its hard work and i love spriting ( its very therapeutic.... trust me lol ) as well i still need to keep practicing but one day some day, i hope to be there.  :thumbsup:

thanx peoples for the comments, i appreciate it very much and will keep striving to try harder to get better.  XD||

Mad respects Batz bro.  ::salute:: ^:)^

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2012, 04:16:55 PM »
well this is one of the last sprites i am making since i will be too busy to be in here spriting . i will probably try to do one more sprite edit. Huntress.  But thats only if i have the time to do her.

I was talking to a few guys about trying to make some other characters and i was asked about making this guy.

MVC Exile's Mimic.

plus i tried to do a bit of the metal like skin tone to go with him.

:-?? gave it a shot and hope he at least looks ok., lol tried to get him as close as i could. started him a couple days ago. :thumbsup: ::salute::

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2012, 04:42:44 PM »
Looks great Lando.

Actually Mimic might have a spot in the Morph WIP if O Ilu would like him

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2012, 07:09:26 PM »
well this is one of the last sprites i am making since i will be too busy to be in here spriting . i will probably try to do one more sprite edit. Huntress.  But thats only if i have the time to do her.

I was talking to a few guys about trying to make some other characters and i was asked about making this guy.

MVC Exile's Mimic.

plus i tried to do a bit of the metal like skin tone to go with him.

:-?? gave it a shot and hope he at least looks ok., lol tried to get him as close as i could. started him a couple days ago. :thumbsup: ::salute::

i see lando on spaz mode with the stepped up spriting skills...

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
Thanks, man. Blixxxen is looking a lot better now. Looking good on that Mimic sprite, also. Try paying attention to stray colors/pixels and details. You can tell where you removed the leg straps on Cyclops' legs because detail is missing and looks a bit muddy there. There's a few colors within the sprite that aren't needed either. I took a quick edit of your sprite to show you a bit more what I mean.

I kept the same colors on the first version (aside from getting rid of uneeded ones) so you can compare and see what I've changed. Second one is my own color pal on him. Love adding in bigger constrast than MvC sprites tend to have, makes everything pop a bit more. Second reason being when you change the whole color pal on the character after it's finished some things you might of overlooked/mistakes pop up. That's why the second version has even a few more small changes. Hope you dont mind me touching down on your work. Just think you've got great potential and working on certain things here and there can go a long way within improving your work.

Btw, anything metallic should always have big contrast between the darker shades. The first two or three light shades on anything metallic almost blend in together with little contrast. Last few shades should really stand apart from each other.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Excahm

• MFFA/C.R.O.M. Stage Maker, Needless Fanboy, Lando's Headache and Rage's GFX Brother and Somewhat a Spriter.
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 24, 2019, 05:23:39 PM
  • Ready to shut the f*ck up your mount!
    • Mugen Team Mexico
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2012, 08:42:40 PM »
Hmmmmm

CROM = "EPIC" Spriters!!!  XD||

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2012, 06:41:17 PM »
Thanks, man. Blixxxen is looking a lot better now. Looking good on that Mimic sprite, also. Try paying attention to stray colors/pixels and details. You can tell where you removed the leg straps on Cyclops' legs because detail is missing and looks a bit muddy there. There's a few colors within the sprite that aren't needed either. I took a quick edit of your sprite to show you a bit more what I mean.

I kept the same colors on the first version (aside from getting rid of uneeded ones) so you can compare and see what I've changed. Second one is my own color pal on him. Love adding in bigger constrast than MvC sprites tend to have, makes everything pop a bit more. Second reason being when you change the whole color pal on the character after it's finished some things you might of overlooked/mistakes pop up. That's why the second version has even a few more small changes. Hope you dont mind me touching down on your work. Just think you've got great potential and working on certain things here and there can go a long way within improving your work.

Btw, anything metallic should always have big contrast between the darker shades. The first two or three light shades on anything metallic almost blend in together with little contrast. Last few shades should really stand apart from each other.

hmmm  :O*D
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2012, 11:23:22 PM »

Thanx Batz bro and i dont mind bro.  you showing me something thats especially  helping me better my skills in spriting period.  i never really went into mvc style spriting heavy but i decided to have a few of my own from comics as sprites and wips one day so this helps me alot. i really do need to get the musculature lines right  and as well those pixels adjustment placements and i love the way you do yours. as you say bro , it makes it Pop, and thats what i like, you going above the original styles way and improving it too.   :thumbsup: 
So i def will practice more and use this as a study guide to getting this down packed as a try to do more when can. I can use this knowledge  to get good. ::salute::

@ Hypersonic.. hey bro if he wants him , its all good with me man, O illusionista is a cool friend so if he wants, by all means man. lol. i am looking forward to his Morph wip. I like morph especially when he was in the cartoon series and the comics. there is alot that can be done with him and Big O is doing great work.

Thanx everyone for the comments, i thought to try a different sprite style and see if i can get good in it and i am liking the sprite style in making stuff. always improvement in what i do so i am gonna keep at it. Yeah bro kai , ya know i gots to spaz out sometimes and this definetly had to be done cause the work i got ahead of me now is gonna be some hard work indeed but well worth it . :thumbsup:

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2012, 08:29:19 PM »
Hey everybody, i wanted to show off a simple edit me and my daughter came up with for her fictional wip.. well a book she been writting. its the second book on the same character she came up with. She wanted me to sprite her and so i let her choose what base and she picked rogue cause she has a jacket and look of rogue but tad different.  so i done this so far and may plan to do more work but thats if my daughter wants anything else done to her. she hasnt seen her since i started this today but i hope she will like it. 

Na'shay Nichols aka - DayWaver: The Immortal Princess

My Daughter finished her first short book on her a couple years ago during her middle school final year and now started a full book on her she is writting.
something i posted on her in the LPTP thread. fuse it a lil bit.
from LTPt thread:

My daughter has been writting her book based on a fictional super heroine she created named DayWaver. her character has a more Constantine /Underworld type thing going for it. the Girl parents were called The Unchosen. her mother was a called a Vangel: Vampiric Angel and her father was a human /demon hybrid.  she pretty much inheireted all the traits of them but not any of the weakness. seems the plot revolves around her wanting to  destroy the being that killed her parents many years ago when she was just a lil 4 year old. She was raised by other half breed parents that looked completely human and only differences was they had abilities.  From what she and i was scripting the girl is already at 300 years old  but looks like she 18 and ages slightly slower than born vampires do . she basically is immortal. which plays into reasons why she cant ever live in heaven or hell but can go to both worlds ( in her story heaven and hell are just dimensions that are on both sides of the human dimension with it in the middle, Beings and creatures from there can come here but humans cant go there unless they die) and she actually fights whoever comes across her that is threatning her, coming after her or a mission she is on even other than her personal one. She has met many times through her years both- Heaven realm God and Hell's realm Lord Lucifer.
end.

she has abilities derived from both parents and as well studied dark and light magic. she supposed to use weapons like a sword my daughter told that is a katana that has an eye on it and opens when she uses its powers and a mystical dagger called Zen that was given to her by an angel that was in the heaven world that can talk. Her natural abilites are pretty much her highly increased strength and speed due to her angelic/demon heritage and can fire dark spheres of energy she can manipulate Darkforce magic as well create a shield she said called Gate which comes from her one glove that has a cross on it which is where her birthmark of a cross on her hand. her eyes are bright blue and glow all the time and when she goes into her full power mode they are all black and pupils shine bright blue. I got a sprite of them with the black and blue eye. man she got this whole story background thing written on point. lol . I told her i would show the sprite off from what she wanted done so so far this is her character for her novel.   

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »
wow i like that sprite you made lando! and i remember doing my own comics in high school . well that was when i knew how to draw good lol!! you are definitely gettting it in my dude!! yeah i haven' been in a few of my old haunts for awhile. work work and work!

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2012, 10:05:28 PM »
wow i like that sprite you made lando! and i remember doing my own comics in high school . well that was when i knew how to draw good lol!! you are definitely gettting it in my dude!! yeah i haven' been in a few of my old haunts for awhile. work work and work!
thanx bro! yeah same here man , work is picking back up at my job so its soon to be more hours now. I wish they gave us all this overtime and mandatory days way before christmas time tho!  \-/o

i showed my daughter and she loved it. So a good bro i asked if he could make like a portrait style for her. I used to draw heavy back in the day. alot was more sketch art then hard drawing for my own lil comics i was making up. lol. the good ole days. I do anymore stuff on this girl for my daughter its really adding the sword on her back and any lil things i may have missed in details and touchups. but my daughter like her and thats what matters for me that she liked something i done that she helped mold out the idea.  :thumbsup:

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2013, 03:43:34 AM »
welp i had to take a break from 18 hours of project work and then after a short nap and went back to 7 more hours of project work, i figured i tr and sprite a comic babe. I havent seen her done and more than likely she might been done and even better but i decided to work on this from time to time to fix her up as i go.

Mockingbird

i stumbled across her by accident while just looking at some =comic babes and liked the outfit . So i am trying to get her good. I put those poles in her hands as a placeholder for now and gonna use Gambits staff in peices...just got to get the angles right in her hands. lol.

ehhh  :-?? but i am just fudhing around .  ::salute::
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:45:38 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2013, 07:21:12 AM »
oh wow............ that one looks great right there

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline mugenaddict34

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 14, 2013, 11:26:34 AM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2013, 09:32:29 AM »
 :thumbsup: pretty nice sprites you have here Lando. Like mosr of them but specially this one for your daughter. If is published one day I'll be glad to read her comic  :cool

Keep doing good! ::salute::

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2013, 09:54:53 AM »
welp i had to take a break from 18 hours of project work and then after a short nap and went back to 7 more hours of project work, i figured i tr and sprite a comic babe. I havent seen her done and more than likely she might been done and even better but i decided to work on this from time to time to fix her up as i go.

Mockingbird
Nice sprite but I think you just want her workin that pole lol j/k

i stumbled across her by accident while just looking at some =comic babes and liked the outfit . So i am trying to get her good. I put those poles in her hands as a placeholder for now and gonna use Gambits staff in peices...just got to get the angles right in her hands. lol.

"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2013, 02:03:10 PM »
:thumbsup: pretty nice sprites you have here Lando. Like mosr of them but specially this one for your daughter. If is published one day I'll be glad to read her comic  :cool

Keep doing good! ::salute::

thanx guys and yeah my daughter really likes that sprite. its her wallppaer on her cellphone . lol. well her book isnt a actual comic, its a short novel she working on. The sprite is something she wanted for the visual and may want to have it added on the front cover only. lol

I actually like making female sprites moreso and i really dont make much comics sprites...if i do i rather make a character that hasnt really been done much or just one that i like in a certain type of outfit from either comic versions or fan art versions. lol I want to do a 12 character all female sprited comic poster one day of some of the comic babes i think are cool and may not be as popular in mainstream and hang it in my curio . lol  I will try to keep at it from time to time when i got time to sideline some other girls but i am finishing this one up first. thanx bro

@ Shadman.. modifying huh? well to speak on what you said... No comment :-"  :D  >:D
 ::salute:: Hail Crom bruh Shadman! lol you know me somewhat well sun!  :D

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »
Mockingbird

Schwarzaloo approves of the semi-obscure Avengers character sprite. .V.!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2013, 11:15:46 AM »
 ::salute:: thank ya bros. still trying to learn more about spriting stuff...practice as always. i still a noob tho.  :P

well i was listening to some heavy metal music and i had this wild japanese anime track i was listening to. it was pretty bad@ss and i got in the mood to try something....different. A smart like Pal for cool homie Violent Ryo.
his traditional look is great but i wanted to try something more...wild and spastic so i did different variants using same gi color play and went and kept making different looks a bit.

Lando Violent Ryo sorta Smart Pals

this is one of my favorites i done.   >:D
  pretty much with these i went for a more anime-ish feel from some pics i saw of japanese kids with the 2 tone hair colors and neck bracelets . well my lil tinkering...back to project work  #:-S .   ::salute:: Hail Crom  XD|| XD||

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2013, 03:45:23 PM »
well while i was looking for some sprites to edit for the 2 stages i want to put myself in. The Crom Interactive Crom Hangout stage and my personal stage i am working on from time to time and may release the Crom Academy Dojo stage. so i looked at my Crom The game sprite self.....i dont like it . so i decided to redit myself into a better sprite and shading a bit better.

and then went a did just a tad tiny touch up on my bike but wanna do more details to it later.

i dont think i have shown this here at all, but Sabaki has seen it and i want to finish it as a gift to the very good and cool bro that Sabaki is.  just editing him to have a cool armor like look.

had to make it a bit more cleaner to my self sprite and to what i always wear... a hat! and the mouth mask is my goon style. lol  think i will do a lopt more with this and not just for Crom The Game. hehehe. future wip for Mugen after major projects are done.

I will try later to see if i can apply the Batzarro like colors to it and even try to do a  HR style to the  sprite.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:56:34 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline C.R.O.M. Zaxis

• Green Lantern of sector 2814.6
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 08, 2023, 02:57:48 PM
  • Zaxis for CROM
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2013, 04:16:32 PM »
These are some great sprites Lando :thumbsup:

Offline Excahm

• MFFA/C.R.O.M. Stage Maker, Needless Fanboy, Lando's Headache and Rage's GFX Brother and Somewhat a Spriter.
  • Forum Member
    • Mugen Team Mexico
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2013, 04:28:11 PM »
That red bike sprite.... :O*D
I may use it for my own plans  >:D
Nice sprites  :thumbsup:

Hey wait a sec! Where is my small request???? \-/o
Nah jk jk lol

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: June 15, 2013, 02:34:58 AM »
thanx Zaxis bro.  :thumbsup:

Don't be trying to hotwire my bike Cruz! i could just let you have fun with it and give you the keys for the joyride!  :D

hmmmm that sprite you mean bro? man i thought you said  you was gonna finish it? o.O# dang you man!  \-/o

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2013, 02:33:55 PM »
DP in my own thread! lol

well i decided to give the shade style Batz tossed up in his thread so i tried it on my self sprite...the first one. somewhere i think i goofed it using those colors.  o.O# But... opened up for me to try some different shades instead. more darker tones i figure...the second one.

ehhh whadda ya think?  :-??

Offline Excahm

• Forum Member
    • Mugen Team Mexico
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2013, 04:12:09 PM »
Probably you should tone down the brightness you a lil bit.

Offline Sinister1ne

• Infinity Member 'Til The End
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 24, 2019, 08:26:17 AM
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2013, 08:45:35 PM »
mmmm...second one definate... what kind of style you going for... capcom, cvs, etc...?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal