collapse

Author Topic: Adding a dash/run to a character  (Read 677 times)

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 18, 2015, 08:08:12 PM
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
Adding a dash/run to a character
« on: February 10, 2008, 05:31:26 AM »
I'm sure this is complicated, but how can I add a dash/run to a character?

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 16, 2023, 09:17:46 PM
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
Re: Adding a dash/run to a character
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 05:21:06 PM »
You would need animation for that wouldn't you? Along with coding. I don't think that would be as easy as adding the super jump coding.  :P

Due to all chars have the ability and animation to jump. Though all don't have dashing/running animation. :-??

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu
R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage

"Let me show you..."

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 06:06:10 PM »
You would need animation for that wouldn't you? Along with coding. I don't think that would be as easy as adding the super jump coding.  :P

Due to all chars have the ability and animation to jump. Though all don't have dashing/running animation. :-??

Yeah, I thought it would be harder. I can easily make an animation though, I just need to know what to put in CODE wise.

Offline Luis/Dshiznet

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 16, 2009, 04:58:10 PM
  • Aaron-sama
    • My myspace
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 07:18:50 PM »
its kinda easy if u think about it, for the dashing code just make a state def with a velset that makes the character go forward.

and for the running state im not to sure but ive done it before, just cant think of it atm.

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 03, 2019, 06:10:28 PM
  • Don't Hate If You Cant Create
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 08:11:19 PM »
check kfms cns
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 08:51:31 PM »
I'm a total coding noob, so I'll need this spoonfed to me. I could look at KFM's CNS all day and never make any sense out of it...

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:July 04, 2012, 03:11:05 PM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 10:15:38 PM »
being noob doesn't means that you have to be lazy... the kfm has all the basic stuff coded and has explanation of every code...also you can check the docs that came with the mugen for more info.

sig made by shullbocka

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 02:10:22 AM »
being noob doesn't means that you have to be lazy... the kfm has all the basic stuff coded and has explanation of every code...also you can check the docs that came with the mugen for more info.

It's not a matter of whether or not I'm LAZY. It's the fact that I could stare at code and code explanations all day, and I wouldn't learn jack. Coding to me is like Algebra, I just don't get it. If I were LAZY I wouldn't be asking how to add the dash in, I'd be asking someone to do it for me.

If I AM to learn to code, the best way for me to do so is to learn by example. Do something, show me what it is. Don't tell me to put something in the changestate without telling me what the frack a changestate IS. >.>

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 09:01:10 AM »

It's not a matter of whether or not I'm LAZY. It's the fact that I could stare at code and code explanations all day, and I wouldn't learn jack. Coding to me is like Algebra, I just don't get it. If I were LAZY I wouldn't be asking how to add the dash in, I'd be asking someone to do it for me.

If I AM to learn to code, the best way for me to do so is to learn by example. Do something, show me what it is. Don't tell me to put something in the changestate without telling me what the frack a changestate IS. >.>

he means use kfm as base or use his coding, you wouldnt need to code alot of things if you used him as base just swap sprites
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:July 04, 2012, 03:11:05 PM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 09:15:24 AM »

You are asking someone to make the code and then you just copy-paste... Dshiznetz has already told you what to do

make a statedef with a velset... thats all... or modify the run statedef (its coded on the common1).

You want to learn by example... check the kfm... all the codes that the char use are explained... if you don't understand some of the codes check the docs.....

Don't be lazy man....you could have checked what a changestate is in less than a minute... instead of waiting on someone to explain you

sig made by shullbocka

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 03:35:30 PM »

You are asking someone to make the code and then you just copy-paste... Dshiznetz has already told you what to do

make a statedef with a velset... thats all... or modify the run statedef (its coded on the common1).

You want to learn by example... check the kfm... all the codes that the char use are explained... if you don't understand some of the codes check the docs.....

Don't be lazy man....you could have checked what a changestate is in less than a minute... instead of waiting on someone to explain you

NOT. BEING LAZY. I said to you already, I don't get coding. I'm going to go ahead and look through the KFM files. I can tell you right now though that I'm not going to learn jack since every question I ask is responded with "Stop being lazy". Wtf kind of HELP section is this? I wasn't ASKING for a copy/paste, and I explained that in my last post. All I wanted was a freaking explanation, and I get flamed.

This is what I found from searching KFM's files.

In the CMD:

[State -1, Run Fwd]
type = ChangeState
value = 100
trigger1 = command = "FF"
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Run Back
[State -1, Run Back]
type = ChangeState
value = 105
trigger1 = command = "BB"
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl

This doesn't teach me anything. I don't know where to GO from here. I searched through the CNS, but using CTRL+F and searching proved useless as I don't know what I'm searching for, and I'm certainly not going to read the entire CNS looking for ONE thing, that would take HOURS.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 03:45:20 PM by Ioncat »

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 03:46:23 PM »

NOT. BEING LAZY. I said to you already, I don't get coding. I'm going to go ahead and look through the KFM files. I can tell you right now though that I'm not going to learn jack since every question I ask is responded with "Stop being lazy". Wtf kind of HELP section is this? I wasn't ASKING for a copy/paste, and I explained that in my last post. All I wanted was a freaking explanation, and I get flamed. Last time I ask for help here.

if it doesnt help just do this go the cns section in FF and at the side were it says constants click on 1 of the arrow it will show you a list say punch,kick etc,  You pick runforward and type in your animation number were it says anime and there you go

Offline Ioncat

• Initiate
  • Artist and Philosopher
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 03:58:25 PM »
That helped alot, Tupac. Thanks alot, bro.

Unfortunately, the character I was trying to add a run too is Vega (mask and claw) by N64Mario. The character has a bunch of different animations for his mask and claw as well as his normal self, and frankly I think it's a bit too complicated for a beginner. >.>

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar