Author Topic: Balrog  (Read 4166 times)

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 16, 2023, 09:17:46 PM
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
Re: Balrog
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 04:55:51 PM »
The updates you made with Balrog are great Scar. Though I noticed some things with him......

-Balrog can cancel his hypers into supers. Meaning, if you perform a hyper, let's say Uppercut Mayhem, while it's going on and all, you can actualy cancel it by performing a special move, via Buffalo Headbutt and so on. He can cancel any hyper into any special move. None of your other chars can do this, so I didn't think this was how you intended it to be.... :-??

-Balrog can chain Buffalo Headbutt in quick succession, without even touching the ground first from performing it. I got my foe in the corner once, and performed Buffalo Headbutt up to 6 times before actually being done with the first one. (Before actually touching the ground from the first Buffalo Headbutt. I was able to perform it 5 more times before hitting the ground)

-Unless Balrog is performing an actual air combo on a foe, he can only attack once in the air, and then just freezes, leaving him wide open for attack.

Other than that, Balrog is great. Mind you that all these are from your updated Balrog, since you updated him and all. Though the only being able to attack once in the air has always been there from what I remember.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 04:58:43 PM by DivineWolf »

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu
R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage

"Let me show you..."

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 05:00:59 PM »
Thanks for the report.
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Zerok_116

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 06, 2016, 05:37:25 PM
  • sprite by "DooM" and Avy by "R-15"
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 05:36:25 PM »
to be honest,balrog is one of my favorite street fighters but this one isnt balrog at all  :'(
there are 2 hyper that are the same and Balrog dosent have these moves.look at Beximus's SFA remixs,rose,karin,ingrid,they have tohe same moves but stronger but in MvC they have to be stronger.like Ryu's shinkuu hadouken in SFA is a big fire ball.but in MvC its a big wave.but you dint do that at all  \-/o...you just added new hypers.

i like your work but this one is just 2 out of 10 rating

sorry bro

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 02:05:27 PM »
to be honest,balrog is one of my favorite street fighters but this one isnt balrog at all  :'(
there are 2 hyper that are the same and Balrog dosent have these moves.look at Beximus's SFA remixs,rose,karin,ingrid,they have tohe same moves but stronger but in MvC they have to be stronger.like Ryu's shinkuu hadouken in SFA is a big fire ball.but in MvC its a big wave.but you dint do that at all  \-/o...you just added new hypers.

i like your work but this one is just 2 out of 10 rating

sorry bro

You're kidding right? You gave him a 2 out of 10 just because he put more thought and originality into Balrog than Capcom? Sorry, but I think it's you that FAILS at this one. Be different if he added kicks and fireballs to Balrog, but he stuck with punches which to be honest is perfectly fine since he IS a boxer. And what's wrong with him having punch combo hypers? Again he is a boxer so that should be fine. Pardon me if this seems like flaming, but I think his opinion on this one was unjust.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 08:35:02 PM »
I think he means more that instead of having super pimped versions of balrog's old hypers, the character has new hypers entirely. not really a bad thing IMO, but hey, everyone has their own opinion.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 11:06:42 AM »
well balrog is a basic character as is guile and birdie.....i mean think about it what other moves could balrog have...headbutt hyper maybe? thats about all i can think of.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 11:24:56 AM »
Wow people are still posting about balrog huh!!

Sagat, Ken, Ryu, Deejay and Balrog have received some extra attention and will be re-released soon.(I hope)

Something like Scar Revisited.. lol

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »
YAY! :w00t:

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2008, 05:51:32 PM »
Revisited, lulzsome!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 17, 2021, 03:04:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 02:24:23 PM »
                                                          BALROG HYPER IDEAS

* he grabs his opponent and does two head butts and finally a ear bite. o.O#

*he rips his shirt off and the screens turns black and all you hear are punch sounds, and see some blood hit sparks.like akumas raging demon.

*he does his jumping headbutt the light punch version,then medium version, finally hard punch version.like ken's triple dragon uppercut hyper.

*he hits his opponet with right a hand body shot, pause ,then a left uppercut, pause , and finally a crouching right uppercut that sends his opponents flying in the air. like ryu's three punch dragon uppercut.

*a regular move that stuns the opponent for two seconds. like when he is close,balrog does a low punch while standing. scar probably already has this sprite. the x,y,z, botton version he stands, and the a,b,c, botton version he crouch down. like a punch in the balls. :o /:O @-)

*a hyper where does a single punch that stuns his opponent for five seconds with stars spining around opponents head.

*scar will you include his delay punches, when you hold two punch bottons and release, he does a turn around punch, or when you hold two kick bottons and release he does a turn around body punch, like all the other street fighter games. maybe a hyper, turn around punch,then a turn around body punch, and finally a turn around punch that knocks the opponent to the other side of the screen.

*or updating your two punch botton qcf  hyper with a taunt in between balrog punches,and with the two kick bottons qcf hyper with a different taunt( maybe the one when he loses and the game asks if you want to continue).

*a hyper where he slides toward the opponent, like the sprite just before he hits his opponent with his sliding punch or a uppercut punch. like a juggernaunt head crush or capitan america's sheild charge hyper or capitan america's charging star hyper without the sheild (you know when he loses his sheild). it could be called balrogs sholder charge.

*a hyper where bison joins the party and does his psyhco crusher and balrog does super sliding punch simatainously, right be side each other(boss and sidekick). like his qcb and two punch bottons move. also you have to have two hyper bars to do this move. 

* a hyper like capitan commado. balrog does something,then vega does something,then sagat does something,and finally they all pose together. :-@

* a intro where balrog jumps out of a shadow loo helicopter

*a win pose he rips off his shirt and women run out

just ideas hope i didnt upset anyone.
Your sig is way too big - Admin

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 11:59:05 PM »
another hyper:
maybe scar you could use the sprite where he is up close on the opponent and you press the y button, where he shoulder

charges, that could be the hit that triggers the hyper,then he does that clipping punch(hold down + z button), and finally he

gives his enemy a couple of punches. the ones that look like when you hold down +b button. you could replace it with the qcf

+ two kick buttons hyper. :-@

victory pose:
a win pose where he walks over to his enemy , stands over top of them, and do the taunt you made where he leans back and laugh.

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2008, 12:01:09 AM »
Thats alot of good Ideas..

I'll be sure to update him soon.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2008, 04:36:02 PM »
lol maybe for a hyper you could have him grab him and the screen go black then when it lights up again they appear in a boxing ring and then he does a tko on the opponent.

or

he grabs the opponent then turns them into a punching back while they hang from the ceiling and he does punches to the punching bag of an opponent then knocks them off like the rope thing like he does in that one intro with the puching bag and his rips his shirt off ala sf2 and shows off his muscles.

Offline aheff69

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 14, 2016, 01:51:43 PM
  • yea..its real!
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2008, 09:02:26 PM »
i have had this dude freeze on me when  do air fireballs on him.....

Offline atomicbuster

• Contributor
  • Last Login:June 17, 2016, 01:08:45 PM
  • Sanguif es el jefe aqui!
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2008, 03:06:42 AM »
HAHA. He should have a hyper where he shoots a wire down the floor, like Rolento's hyper, and if he catches you, you get pulled up by the neck and THEN Balrog uses you like a punching bag. Of course the final blow is like his CVS intro where he punches the punching bag away, and of course the opponent is smashed against the wall and bounces off it.
Balrog and MvC are just great for easter eggs and far-out moves.
Here's another one. Give him a boost state where he can take damage, but he doesn't react to the damage, kinda like Mech Zangief. He can even punch harder and faster. Here's the thing: for the duration of the state, the music is replaced by the song "Eye of the Tiger". Oh yeah baby!

Offline motorhead69

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 24, 2010, 02:39:36 PM
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 10:49:30 PM »
Scar,
I enjoy playing your sf alpha characters.
How far is your progress with Birdie?

Will you be working on Cody or Guy?

Thanks  :)

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 11:03:54 PM »
Birdie is coming along just fine..

This is my to do list as of right now..

c.ken-fixing some bugs but its done.
v.ken-fixing some bugs but its done.
birdie-finishing some minor sprite problem..
fei-long-is being revamped to the new template.

After I finish these, Im going to take a break to do some updates to my already released characters.

Ryu-new palletes and coding.
Ken-new palletes and coding.
Balrog-New Hypers
Deejay-New Hypers
T.Hawk-updating template and maybe add some new moves.
Dan-update to new template
Sagat-update him to the new template and completly finish him.

Will you be working on Cody or Guy?

I want to code Guy, Cody and R.Mika but thats way later down the road..

Offline motorhead69

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 24, 2010, 02:39:36 PM
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 11:12:40 PM »
Thanks!
Keep up with your great work. I appreciate all of your effort you put into your work.  :D

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2008, 08:07:07 AM »
quick question. is that the same cody from final fight,if so why did he get locked up

Offline eSkRo

• Original Founder
  • IMT Founder
  • Last Login:August 06, 2019, 10:56:09 PM
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2008, 04:47:18 PM »
keep it up scarbro

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2008, 08:14:16 PM »

with all due respect. not to hold up progress,since the next installment isn't due untill 2009. i had a idea for 3 regular moves.

these four guys have been hanging around each other for years now. After being around some one for so long, you can learn a thing or two.

Balrogs tiger punch(sagats tiger fireball).
no fireball,but a two handed punch were balrog use his left arm and right arm to punch at the same time. (i guess use a sprite were the inner arm is underlapped).
that does fireball damage,with no fire on opponent. since he already has to charge back.qcf+and any punch, standing, qcf+and any kick, crouching.this would be great for opponents that are to close.

Balrogs rolling gut punch(vega rolling claw stab).
 :-??,basicaliy he rolls foward and punches opponent in the gut.

Balrogs scissor punch(bisons scissor kick).
he mid-jumps toward opponet with a overhead punch (the sprite where he's in the air the c button),then follow up with a short uppercut while still in mid air, like a two punch combo, in one controller command.(same air length as bison's scissor kick).

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 02:55:03 AM by tremainekr »

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2008, 02:58:19 AM »
Here's another one. Give him a boost state where he can take damage, but he doesn't react to the damage, kinda like Mech Zangief. He can even punch harder and faster.

great idea i like it =D>

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2008, 09:16:50 AM »

with all due respect. not to hold up progress,since the next installment isn't due untill 2009. i had a idea for 3 regular moves.

these four guys have been hanging around each other for years now. After being around some one for so long, you can learn a thing or two.

Balrogs tiger punch(sagats tiger fireball).
no fireball,but a two handed punch were balrog use his left arm and right arm to punch at the same time. (i guess use a sprite were the inner arm is underlapped).
that does fireball damage,with no fire on opponent. since he already has to charge back.qcf+and any punch, standing, qcf+and any kick, crouching.this would be great for opponents that are to close.

Balrogs rolling gut punch(vega rolling claw stab).
 :-??,basicaliy he rolls foward and punches opponent in the gut.

Balrogs scissor punch(bisons scissor kick).
he mid-jumps toward opponet with a overhead punch (the sprite where he's in the air the c button),then follow up with a short uppercut while still in mid air, like a two punch combo, in one controller command.(same air length as bison's scissor kick).

i dont think the prjectile should go across the screen though

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2008, 12:39:31 AM »
yea lol thats what i put in there no fireball, just a strong two handed punch.

Offline pmc1416

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 14, 2013, 10:05:12 PM
  • Kyo is the crap
    • www.youtube.com/pmc1416
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2008, 05:34:49 AM »
balrogs straight
Shinrahunter GOOD looks on my Custom sig and Av
PMC Team Adolescentz. Leader KYO.. members. Hayato . Rock . Sakura. Guy . Yun & yang.[/url

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar