collapse

Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom - Eternity of Heroes "Bug Report thread"  (Read 12505 times)

Offline Rypleys

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 15, 2012, 04:56:24 AM
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom - Eternity of Heroes "Bug Report thread"
« Reply #250 on: January 19, 2008, 01:48:03 AM »
I have a lot of problems with the sound and crashes. Also, I CANT ADD OR REMOVE CHARACTERSSS OR STAGESSSS!!! :-?? IF YOU CANT MODIFY YOUR CHAR OR STAGE LIST, IT IS A VERY BAD VERSION!! :o I will wait for a full customizable version because this version is really bad for me. /:O I will wait for a better version of it. :)

pfft..."better version"....give me a break...I'm blown away by the massive ignorance here...yes, it uses the engine...but you need to get out from under that rock of yours because IMT was shooting for a spiritual sequel to MvC2, using the customization of this fantastic engine to create, in their minds, what they wanted to see if a MvC3 was ever made

ignorance just kills me.................  L-) :D

but that aside, the stability of the game is indeed in question...again, it won't last for more than say,..5 minutes or so..that's about the only thing I can think of, aside from 1 or 2 incomplete characters.

I apologize if my comment doesn't sound so good for some people here. First, my intention or idea is to create a function that permit to add your chars or stages in addition of the original game fighters. That is the fun of MUGEN!! :o Second, in my opinion, the Infinity Team is one of the best making stages and characters. they have a lot of original characters but they does not have all. Other people have made some mvc chars that in this site does not exists. For example, I can mention MVC Rose, MVC Strider, MVC Roll, etc. Conclusion - I propose for making a patch or update that have a function that permits the addtion of character and stages. That will be the ultimate MVC battle of the era (I think so).

Thanks for understanding me. :)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #251 on: January 19, 2008, 04:49:52 PM »
I don't know if it's been addressed already but using a generic EOH template for the characters (I think that's what you guys did) makes some of the characters play really weirdly. an example would be some guys like beast or firebrand (and I think even silver surfer) who's attacks come out MUCH faster than their sprited animations. My guess would be that this will be fixed, and was just done to make deadline for the beta release.

also, in the finished product, I hope some characters will have a few more, or more useful moves. some guys like firebrand only have like 3 attacks (two of which are similar projectiles, and one not being too useful.)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »
Hey Ten,

I'm not quite sure if I understand what you mean by the attack comming out faster than the animation. Could I ask for some elaboration on that point.  ;D

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2008, 06:47:11 PM »
I'm trying to think of specific examples, but check out some of beast's attacks. They come out really fast even though they're animated to look longer and beefier. I dunno if I'm making sense here, I'll probably have to download the game again and try to make a small video or something showing what I mean.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2008, 06:50:14 PM »
another thing is that all of the "EOH template" characters have the entire magic chain for combos (like strider hiryu in MVC). I think some of them (like beast, ryu, ken) would benefit from just having the regular chain (weak > mid > strong) or even a restricted chain (like zangief or juggy). It would seperate them a bit more from each other in gameplay.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #255 on: January 23, 2008, 06:52:24 PM »
Hey Ten,

I'm not quite sure if I understand what you mean by the attack comming out faster than the animation. Could I ask for some elaboration on that point.  ;D

I'll see if I can take a look at the characters form that point of view and see what I can find.

Regarding combos, I personally like to mix it up but you'll almost always find crouch lk, mk, hk combo in my chars.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: January 23, 2008, 07:14:48 PM »
well that's, a base combo. most MVC characters have that weak > mid > strong series (like ryu and ken in MVC) with a few of the speedier combo guys like strider or psylocke being an exception with the full chain, and some heavy hitters just having a weak to stronger chain (juggy can only get 2 hits with his normal string in MVC, because his hits pack such a wallop). A lot of people make this mistake when they put the hulk in mugen, giving him the full weak to strong chain, or even the whole six move string!

personally I think torch could benefit from getting the full string and some air dashes and stuff. he could be the EOH equivalent of storm with the combos.

Also another way to set iron man and war machine apart may be leaving iron man with the full six move string and making him a bit lighter and then making war machine a tad heavier, giving him a regular weak > mid > strong string and giving him the super armor on some of his attacks. By lighter and heavier, I don't just mean in terms of attack and defense, but in how the character feels and handles.

For firebrand, I would suggest nixing his flying, and make it more like jedah's from darkstalkers or eddie's from guilty gear  (holding up during a jump will have him "float" for a second.) you could make him able to move left or right while in this state. You could also give him some attacks from this state, like a dive attack, or a grab like jedah's. it would make him play sneakier. Also, is there a point to his two different projectiles? I couldn't figure it out while I was messing with him.

Also I think Beast could use a few more moves that take advantage of his agility and stuff. Maybe a move like blanka's backflip > rolling attack or something. Maybe a hopping slide thing like cammy and akuma have sometimes.

I think I'm getting a bit off topic as far as bug reporting goes though. I'll try to make a vid or something later to explain what I meant about the moves being too fast. Sorry.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal