collapse

Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom - Eternity of Heroes "Bug Report thread"  (Read 12663 times)

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom - Eternity of Heroes "Bug Report thread"
« Reply #200 on: December 28, 2007, 03:22:22 PM »
Hi.
the characters start fighting before the start of the round.(is that intentional?)

Magneto just jumped and jumped at me and never attacked.

the game speed is a lil turbo, but i guess is ok once u get used to..

i got to the final fight in my first game! (with ken) and when i was going to face SOnslaught..crack! mugen crash..

in the randomselect maybe a lil more speed should be fine.

hope it helps for now. sorry if something has already been posted.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: December 28, 2007, 06:26:55 PM »
It's the effects, and that's also another thing that needs to get equalized. Since this is a stand-alone game, evey character should share global commons like hitsparks, superjump effects, announcer voices, the ability to move before the match starts, hyper portrait style, etc. That way it feels more polished and less like, and I quote, "a bunch of betas slapped together and calling it a game". I mean essentially for now that's mostly what it is which is why it's moleboxed, but we here know better than to ever say that and end sentence.

If that's the case, then that's like saying none of the characters fit. Why single out Vyn's creations?

I have noticed a lot of singling out. Back on topic, I have heard comments similar to the one above and it makes me wonder if the user downloaded the game or not, I know a lot of the comments (possitive and negative) come from those who didn't even play the game?

Here is a list of items matched for the first release for all 52 Characters (and two bosses):
*Hyper background and Hyper FX (except Iceman and Arthur)
*Hyper Portraits (Except Spider-man's Symbiote Hyper, Zangief's transformation and S.O.)
*Select Portraits & Lifebar Portraits
*Sparks (not all had been completed by release but this shouldn't affect game play)
*Common Sounds (get hit, land, block, ect... )
*Announcer Quotes graphics and Announcer Sounds
* Dashes & Super Jumps (some timings have been changed for the next release though, like how someone said Cyclops had no superjump, but he does, you just had to react faster to use it)
*Throw commands (except for vyn's chars... someone had to go on vacation ;) )
*Hyper Commands (there is no D,F,D,F 2P Hypers... everying is just D,F 2P... ect, someone said Blanka is one of these, which means they were only using the old downloadable version of Blanka, not the one in the project.)
*Launchers
* Disapearing Lifebar once match is won.
*Move before match (Completed for about 70% of the roster)
*Tech Rolls (Complete for most of the roster)

The only way this could be called a "bunch of characters thrown together" is if you call Marvel vs. Capcom 2  a "bunch of characters thrown together".

Now, we're on phase 2 of addressing the issues listed in the posts above this, everything on page 7 through to this post. Thanks to everyone who downloaded the game and thus became part of the biggest beta testing party in mugen. Keep em comming and we'll fix em.

Offline xsabin

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 03, 2011, 01:22:05 PM
  • obey my orders
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: December 28, 2007, 07:03:32 PM »
every time i do a air combo with iceman,in the middle of the combo he vanishes and gets on the ground(and this does not happen on normal mugen since i am a iceman player)

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #203 on: December 28, 2007, 08:16:47 PM »
I know it says beast hypers are d b or d f 2 p or 2k but how do you input that because it's not working for me is it the same as doing a fireball or do you tap d then back then 2 p or d db b 2 p

please help

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: December 28, 2007, 10:28:34 PM »
It's the effects, and that's also another thing that needs to get equalized. Since this is a stand-alone game, evey character should share global commons like hitsparks, superjump effects, announcer voices, the ability to move before the match starts, hyper portrait style, etc. That way it feels more polished and less like, and I quote, "a bunch of betas slapped together and calling it a game". I mean essentially for now that's mostly what it is which is why it's moleboxed, but we here know better than to ever say that and end sentence.

If that's the case, then that's like saying none of the characters fit. Why single out Vyn's creations?

I have noticed a lot of singling out. Back on topic, I have heard comments similar to the one above and it makes me wonder if the user downloaded the game or not, I know a lot of the comments (possitive and negative) come from those who didn't even play the game?

@Teros, I'm not trying to single Vyn out. I was just trying to point out why Crabneck felt that Vyn's characters felt out of place. The hitsparks are noticibly different than the other characters, that's all. My statement above goes for all of the characters in the game, not just Vyn's. I like Vyn's characters. They all feel smooth and well developed.

@Acey, what I meant is that at current, not all of the characters share these attributes. Some can't move before the match (ex: Iceman), some have different superjump animations (ex: Magneto) some don't even have hitsparks (ex: Iron Man). Of course later they all will, I just wanted to emphasize that point. Like I told Excursion, I quoted "a bunch of betas slapped together" because that's what someone on another fourm called it. I know better then that. All of us here have seen the effort the Infinity team has put into this project..

EDIT: Meanwhile back on topic, I somehow managed to make Iron Man's Unibeam animaton dissappear. The attack still works, like he's standing there shaking like the beam is firing and it connects, but the beam is invisible. I hit F4 and the beam animation returned. I just did in a few minutes ago, I don't know how, and I haven't been able to do it again since.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 10:56:22 PM by G Lux 247 »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline light

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 02, 2011, 08:59:57 PM
« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2007, 07:18:38 AM »
not sure if this has been posted (i read the first 5 pages but a lil drunk to run through all sorry no disrespect to the debuggers ) but it doesnt save the options when i change configs , btw i always wondered who plays with the movement keys on the right   , no controller ive heard of has move keys on right : arcade, snes 64 xbox ps3, , you know the standard movement key is on the left , and i always gotta change it to WASD ...what kind of hands do you guys have /:O

and also i think a text file was generated called Marvel vs Capcom - Eternity of Heroes.exe-up when it crashed

it had this in
Code: [Select]
__SEH__ 0xc0000005 at 0x1
CS :0x0000001B SS :0x00000023 DS :0x00000023
ES :0x00000023 FS :0x0000003B GS :0x00000000
EAX:0x00D85BB0 EDX:0x00D89F38 ECX:0x00003B00
ESP:0x0E01A618 EBP:0x0E01A658 EIP:0x00000001
ESI:0x00000000 EDI:0x00000900
-- backtrace --
   !broken!0x00000001:
   !broken!0x00001100:
   ... opss, broken by SEH
--stack--
0x0e01a618: 0x10061bfa 0x00d89f38 0x00003b00 0x00000900
0x0e01a628: 0x0e01a658 0x0e01a65c 0x0e01a654 0x0e01a64c
0x0e01a638: 0x00000000 0x0e01a680 0x00000000 0x00000ec0
0x0e01a648: 0x01079e18 0x00000004 0x00417dfe 0x00000000
0x0e01a658: 0x00000ec0 0x00001100 0x601f5740 0x00000900
0x0e01a668: 0x00000900 0x00000010 0x10061ba0 0x00000028
0x0e01a678: 0x00000fd0 0x00000000 0x0e01ffb4 0x00433ec7
0x0e01a688: 0x01079e18 0x601eb4a0 0x00000900 0x00000000

aniwayz GREAT GAME
sorry for the little rant

Offline flashchocobo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 03, 2009, 08:43:24 PM
  • ............... HI
« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2007, 11:25:42 AM »
I was able to beat both symboite onsloughts with protoman using the cheap blaster
btw Sagot is so cheap when i went against him when he used his special he was able to use it again and again but i was able to beat him

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #207 on: December 29, 2007, 02:08:19 PM »
every time i do a air combo with iceman,in the middle of the combo he vanishes and gets on the ground(and this does not happen on normal mugen since i am a iceman player)
I happen to find that pretty wierd...i remember reporting that on the stand-alone release for Iceman,and Excursion fixed that issue on the latest Iceman release(you finished the air combo with a strong kick and the launcher kick was displayed right??

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2007, 03:17:52 PM »
Yea, I found that EOH Iceman has a infinite.  You can do the HK for the knock-up, then LP, LK, MP, MK, HK (It does the launcher instead of the air HK) then press up to follow.  Repeat until you win.  You just jump off the top of the screen but if you have the timing down there isn't a way for P2 to get out of it.
Reminds me of Chun-Li's infinite in MVC1. 
If done on Galactus he gets stuck in the air and you have to press F1 to proceed.
The life bars would be easier to see if they were not blue and transparent.   
If Cutman's music on Cutman's stage was used it would be cool too.   ;)
Hope it helps you guys/gals out.   %%- :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 03:26:47 PM by laspacho »

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: December 29, 2007, 11:40:16 PM »
btw i always wondered who plays with the movement keys on the right   , no controller ive heard of has move keys on right : arcade, snes 64 xbox ps3, , you know the standard movement key is on the left , and i always gotta change it to WASD ...what kind of hands do you guys have /:O

Standard movement for an arcade stick/controller is left, but mugen has always defaulted arrow keys for P1 and num keys for P2. I use the num 2,5,6,8 on all PC games minus FPS (don't do MMO's) because of the added key buffer and most RL people I know play the same way.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2007, 02:52:24 AM »
Ok, everything between page 8 and 14 have been cataloged too and will be fixed as necessary. Everyone is doing a great job.

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2007, 04:31:34 AM »

Another thing i found if your going against servbot with sagat and you are hit with servbot's hammer special you will become stuck on the floor and cant get up unless servbot hit you with his other special the one where he drops multiple servbots on you(note this happens about 70% of the time). Also i just wanted to say i think sagat tiger knee is alittle to fast and covers alittle too much ground the reason i say this is because if you fight sagat in arcade mode the A.I tends to spam this and it can reach you about alittle more or just half screen. Anyways i will try to keep reporting more bugs that ppl haven't mentioned or something. ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2007, 07:05:56 AM »
Sorry for the double post but i have another bug too point out. Anyways when kenji threw juggernaut he suddenly began to bounce up and down for infinity and anything you try to do would not make him stop.

Sorry if this has already been pointed out by someone else. ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Spectre

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 15, 2008, 04:30:53 PM
  • Undead Sorceror Ninja
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2007, 01:13:19 PM »
These are the bugs that I have found in v1 that havent already been covered by other people (i think).
Actually it's more like nit-picking but there you go!

General
- Not every character is included in the movelist
- Not every character uses the same button to select their default pallete
- Some characters don't have a continue screen animation
- Some stages could be renamed such as 'iron man' or 'magneto' so they fit in more
- Brooklyn Bridge stage has large pink area at the top (do maximum spider to see it)

Iron Man
- Name is wrongly hyphenated as Iron-Man

War Machine
- Name is written as one word whereas i believe it is two

Zangief
- Doesn't appear to have hypers or they are hard to do (?)

Colossus
- Missing some sounds (moving)

Hulk 2099
- Has no taunt

Shuma Gorath
- Taunt is an attack (may be intentional)

Blanka
- Vs portrait has a few pink pixels around the knee

Ryu
- The black belt on his lifebar portrait is transparent
- Small select portrait wearing red headband

Ken
- Select portrait (big) has a small pink area above the arm (i think - cant really tell)

Cable
- Doesn't say 'beam' on viper beam or hyper viper beam

Beast
- Has no taunt

Dee Jay
- Vs portrait he is wearing yellow not orange (a consistency issue more than anything)
- Vs portrait has a few pink pixels on the edge

Juggernaut
- Vs portrait is grey pal not brown (again consistency)
- Vs portrait has white area between arm and leg
- Some moves seem a bit too quick for him (juggernaut punch, earthquake)
- Headcrush/punch hyper - punch doesn't always connect
- Missing the headcrush sound
- Occasionally floats off screen after being attacked

Magneto
- Magnetic shockwave is buggy at first - it looks strange
- He doesn't say 'magnetic' during magnetic shockwave

Protoman
- Small select portrait is different colour to his default pallete

Cammy
- Too fast (?)

Human Torch
- Taunt has no animation

Captain Commando
- Almost every hit uses 'good', 'great' etc sounds
- Jenetty flies a bit too high - I could never get it to connect
- Missing some sounds (running,superjump)

Captain Marvel
- Has no taunt

Spider-Man
- Name is hyphenated in the intro but not in the game

Hulk
- Hypers still use 'infinity' sound

Lilith
- Vs portrait has a few pink pixels around the top

Banshee
- Has no taunt

Venom
- Select portrait (big) he is dark blue - select screen (small)/in game he is black

Silver Samurai
- Hypers still use 'x' sound

Arthur
- Has no taunt

Silver Surfer
- Has no taunt

Dr Doom
- Hypers still use 'infinity' sound

Galactus
- No defeated sprite/animation

Sorry for long post. Hope all or some of this helps.
Keep it up infinity. EoH is great and im loving your work!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 03:13:18 PM by Spectre »

Offline Legendary Warrior Riptor

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 26, 2008, 01:46:49 PM
  • The one who kills with wrath!!
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2007, 03:04:07 PM »
Well guys, this isn't a bug, it's more like a suggestion, like I mensioned in the other post I would like to see Anakaris and Demitri in this game, still, as we can remember this 2 guys tend to transform their rivals  8-}, so it could mean more work on the already existing chars plus the new ones add ther Middnight Bliss (Demitri) and Chibis-Deform for Anakaris  :o (I imagine for example Venom like a little tarantula or Blanka as a ¿dog? or a monkey :o) and other thing, you can call me a RETRO, but if we're on MVC I would like to see those special screams screen on all chars where the name of the Hyper is done at the end of the round (Ex. SHINKU HADOUKEEE when you finished the rouds with Ryu at MvS remember?)

I know it's too much, but it's just a suggestion, still it would be kindda "Cute" to see at least the Midnight Bliss and Chibi-Deforms of ALL Chars...  :-" Remember, just a suggestion.... :-??
Music was my first love and it will be my last. Music of the future and music of the past.
To live without my music would be impossible to do. In this world of troubles, my music pulls me through.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2007, 05:39:11 PM »
Well guys, this isn't a bug, it's more like a suggestion, like I mensioned in the other post I would like to see Anakaris and Demitri in this game, still, as we can remember this 2 guys tend to transform their rivals  8-}, so it could mean more work on the already existing chars plus the new ones add ther Middnight Bliss (Demitri) and Chibis-Deform for Anakaris  :o (I imagine for example Venom like a little tarantula or Blanka as a ¿dog? or a monkey :o) and other thing, you can call me a RETRO, but if we're on MVC I would like to see those special screams screen on all chars where the name of the Hyper is done at the end of the round (Ex. SHINKU HADOUKEEE when you finished the rouds with Ryu at MvS remember?)

I know it's too much, but it's just a suggestion, still it would be kindda "Cute" to see at least the Midnight Bliss and Chibi-Deforms of ALL Chars...  :-" Remember, just a suggestion.... :-??

I have good news for you. Scar's workig on Anakaris as we speak. Don't think they hadn't thought to Demitri either. He'll just come much later because of the the fact they have to do a custom job for his Midnight Bliss.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2007, 11:16:24 PM »
These are the bugs that I have found in v1 that havent already been covered by other people (i think).
Actually it's more like nit-picking but there you go!

This was another great list, I just had to add it to my bug report part II rather than waiting to make my consolidated bug report part III.

animugen

« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2007, 11:55:14 PM »
When you rerelease this game will the bugs be fixed and will characters like Chunli,Morrigan,Sakura,Zangief,MegamanX,Sigma & Sentinel be released?Reason why I'm asking is because Someone's sig was MVC EOH and I saw characters like that on the sig.So I'm just wondering.

Offline REDHOT

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 02:31:38 PM
    • Mugen Latino
« Reply #218 on: December 31, 2007, 09:22:18 AM »
When you rerelease this game will the bugs be fixed and will characters like Chunli,Morrigan,Sakura,Zangief,MegamanX,Sigma & Sentinel be released?Reason why I'm asking is because Someone's sig was MVC EOH and I saw characters like that on the sig.So I'm just wondering.
Zangief it´s in the game.
You said that for my sig?, I put all the chars because I´m doing all the MvC2 chars (much of these with a poor porcentaje) that will be in my personal proyect.
I had other sig (Guile), but as I´m doing more chars (and some of those will be in MvC: EoH, I don´t know what char) I put those chars.
I don´t want to put the name of my game yet, then I put the MvC: EoH.
But now I´m bussy with Norimaro (I´m doing the Tag System code), and I havn´t time with other char.
Thanks... sorry if you said other sig man.

P.D: Remember that my sig have chars that I´m doing and not chars that appear in MvC: EoH.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 09:26:36 AM by REDHOT »

Offline Zeswai

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2009, 06:29:50 PM
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2007, 09:51:06 AM »
On some of Captain Marvel's sprites he has bands on his leg and on others he does not, and sometime the thing abuses his ground pound attack and you can't do a thing about it.

animugen

« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2007, 01:04:32 PM »
Zangief it´s in the game.
You said that for my sig?, I put all the chars because I´m doing all the MvC2 chars (much of these with a poor porcentaje) that will be in my personal proyect.
I had other sig (Guile), but as I´m doing more chars (and some of those will be in MvC: EoH, I don´t know what char) I put those chars.
I don´t want to put the name of my game yet, then I put the MvC: EoH.
But now I´m bussy with Norimaro (I´m doing the Tag System code), and I havn´t time with other char.
Thanks... sorry if you said other sig man.

P.D: Remember that my sig have chars that I´m doing and not chars that appear in MvC: EoH.

Ok I see.Thanks.

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: January 01, 2008, 07:25:23 PM »
im only having trouble with the music and the fact that i cant save my stuff in the options. the music only plays when the characters make some sounds. and even then it sounds mest up... and if there is any intro music to it. it wont play. and the other music. like character selection, vs, etc...  sorry if i am sounding too needing :(|)

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #222 on: January 01, 2008, 07:53:49 PM »
the game is cool but the only issue i have is the sound is choppy n it exits out after a few min

n kenshi is cool

Offline Founder of SonicX

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 19, 2020, 10:55:02 PM
    • SonicX Mugen Forum
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: January 02, 2008, 09:50:07 AM »
Well I had a lot of Glitches and Errors

1)Its not Vista friendly at all (I have XP also)

2)No BGM's play at all and when they try to play the engine shuts down

3)Some characters get stuck in a loop or jump off screen

4)Some characters play on there own

5)Sometimes when I choose a character the engine shuts down

If I find any more I will let you know

Offline Blues003

• Last Login:July 09, 2011, 05:47:02 AM
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2008, 08:55:03 AM »
Here are some errors I found while playing:

Sometimes the initial video won't start at all, it'll just be a white screen. Not good >_>

Is "The Thing" supposed to be THAT fast?

Default Pallete thingy :P

Iron Man once got in the air as if he was flying, but in his ground-stance.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar