collapse

Author Topic: ps3 vs 360  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 21, 2010, 12:00:11 AM
    • Email
Re: ps3 vs 360
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2007, 01:29:09 PM »
yea it just bothers me how if i got a ps3 (regardless if its 600 dollars for 400) i wont get the full effect of it unless i got a baddass tv set up like that. other wise it feels like wasted $. with the 360 on the other hand, i have the option to buying an hd dvd player IF i want it.

what sucks about that is that there is a 400 dollars ps3 and if you want hd-dvd on xbox 360 you need to pay an extra 200 dollars. thats 550 dollars for the pro and 650 for the elite. and if you want wi-fi add another 100 dollars. thats 750 dollars for the pro. that is a big rip off. plus you don't need an hdtv for the ps3. and if you don't have an hd-tv for the 360 you are not experiencing it to the fullest either. i have a 42 inch hd tv and it looks way better than in my regular tvs.

:lies: :lies: :lies:

I bought my HD-DVD Drive for about $140 at my Wal-Mart.

"I am two people"      Cyclysm & Sgt.Rotter

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »
yea it just bothers me how if i got a ps3 (regardless if its 600 dollars for 400) i wont get the full effect of it unless i got a baddass tv set up like that. other wise it feels like wasted $. with the 360 on the other hand, i have the option to buying an hd dvd player IF i want it.

what sucks about that is that there is a 400 dollars ps3 and if you want hd-dvd on xbox 360 you need to pay an extra 200 dollars. thats 550 dollars for the pro and 650 for the elite. and if you want wi-fi add another 100 dollars. thats 750 dollars for the pro. that is a big rip off. plus you don't need an hdtv for the ps3. and if you don't have an hd-tv for the 360 you are not experiencing it to the fullest either. i have a 42 inch hd tv and it looks way better than in my regular tvs.

i bet it was on sale.but okay then lets add 140 dollars to the pro which i bought. that is 490 dollars. not to mention no wi-fi so add 100 dollars for that. that is 590 dollars. you can't deny that xbox accessories are to expensive. hd dvd player were going for a hundred dollars. and i still have to pay another 30 bucks to have rechargable battery packs.

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2007, 02:28:34 PM »

i bet it was on sale.but okay then lets add 140 dollars to the pro which i bought. that is 490 dollars. not to mention no wi-fi so add 100 dollars for that. that is 590 dollars. you can't deny that xbox accessories are to expensive. hd dvd player were going for a hundred dollars. and i still have to pay another 30 bucks to have rechargable battery packs.

Yeah bet atleast 360 has good games(Dead Rising,dead or Alive 4,Condemned,Gears Of War,etc..)
PS3 has what Lair and Heavenly Sword those suck.I know everyone will keep telling me what about MGS4,I don't really care because it's not even out yet.

Oh and 360 HAS DEVIL MAY CRY 4 and VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 YES!!!!!The only two games that made me want to get a PS3
In my opinion as of now, I think buying PS3 isn't a good idea,I will probably buy one when it gets some good exclusives.

I don't know why I'm backing 360 so much I mean I'm getting mine repaired,It sucks pretty hard on alot of perspectives /:O,but so does the PS3
I think I will stick to my $2000 next Gen PC,I just bought Unreal Tournament III AND CRYSIS AND THEY OWN ANY GAME IVE PLAYED ON A CONSOLE IN A LONG TIME :o :o :o

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2007, 02:33:06 PM »

Yeah bet atleast 360 has good games(Dead Rising,dead or Alive 4,Condemned,Gears Of War,etc..)
PS3 has what Lair and Heavenly Sword those suck.I know everyone will keep telling me what about MGS4,I don't really care because it's not even out yet.

Oh and 360 HAS DEVIL MAY CRY 4 and VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 YES!!!!!The only two games that made me want to get a PS3
In my opinion as of now, I think buying PS3 isn't a good idea,I will probably buy one when it gets some good exclusives.

I don't know why I'm backing 360 so much I mean I'm getting mine repaired,It sucks pretty hard on alot of perspectives /:O,but so does the PS3
I think I will stick to my $2000 next Gen PC,I just bought Unreal Tournament III AND CRYSIS AND THEY OWN ANY GAME IVE PLAYED ON A CONSOLE IN A LONG TIME :o :o :o

ucharted, and ratchet and clank are also good. i do agree that rigth now the 360 games has better games. but ps3 still has good games that appeal to me so i will still buy it and think its a good deal. that sucks about your 360 but hey we took that risk when we bought it. i have been trough three in a month and half. so yeah it sucks, and i am not liking the 360 anymore because i am not a big fan of fps besides halo.

Offline RiceZilla

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 06, 2007, 03:12:05 PM
  • Banned.
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2007, 02:45:11 PM »
I like 360..But i'd go with PS3.  :-??

PS3 > ALL Systems.

DMC4, Rachet and Clank, MGS4, and Disgea 3+It can play PS2 games. :thumbsup:
Own all 360 Games(cept Halo 3).  ^-^

Everyone has there on opinion.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2007, 02:49:13 PM »
I am getting both so i do not have to choose between halo or mgs. :)

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2007, 02:52:46 PM »
I like 360..But i'd go with PS3.  :-??

PS3 > ALL Systems.

DMC4, Rachet and Clank, MGS4, and Disgea 3+It can play PS2 games. :thumbsup:
Own all 360 Games(cept Halo 3).  ^-^

Everyone has there on opinion.

DMC4 IS ON PC AND 360

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2007, 10:59:11 PM »

damn :| either youre a really lucky kid for being rich or really lucky for being spoiled

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2007, 12:08:01 AM »

damn :| either youre a really lucky kid for being rich or really lucky for being spoiled

nope I just get a paycheck and buy the ps3. I don't think that has anything to do with luck its called a job. you should try it out.

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2007, 02:31:30 AM »

nope I just get a paycheck and buy the ps3. I don't think that has anything to do with luck its called a job. you should try it out.

woa calm down tough guy, trust me ive got one. sorry i cant spend my pay checks on games, i actually got bills to pay. something you'll learn about when you grow up.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 02:33:37 AM by street_shark »

Offline Kev The Galaxybender

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 29, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2007, 04:29:41 AM »
some people have no idea on how games development works nor the technology of the PS3

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2007, 10:03:03 AM »
some people have no idea on how games development works nor the technology of the PS3

~:> its too bad. but i guess everyone else is right...just give the ps3 about 2 or 3 years.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2007, 02:46:30 PM »

woa calm down tough guy, trust me ive got one. sorry i cant spend my pay checks on games, i actually got bills to pay. something you'll learn about when you grow up.  ;D

i also pay bills like the water, and gas and electricity but i make enough to buy games and pay the bills. its something you might get to do when you get a better job. ;)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »
System quality wise: PS3, because the 360's life span is a year or less (3 red lights). Then you have to go ship it in... then wait for a month or two to get it back.

I haven't had the 3 red lights, and I have had mine for well over a year.

Must be one of those 1 out every 100 systems kind of deals.
I remember I had a ps2 that would scratch the poop out of any disc I put it, and nobody else I knew had the same problem.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2007, 03:13:28 PM »
System quality wise: PS3, because the 360's life span is a year or less (3 red lights). Then you have to go ship it in... then wait for a month or two to get it back.

I remember I had a ps2 that would scratch the poop out of any disc I put it, and nobody else I knew had the same problem.

the problem is much bigger than the lasers and dvd drive on the ps2. and 360 completely destroy dvd's if you move it.

go to the xbox forums. the topic about returns shipping and repairs almost has 500,000 views. along with the topic of how to check if you have a falcon chip. that is just sad for microsoft. i think they also took the topic the rrod club and it had like 400,000 views. i wonder why?

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2007, 03:35:41 PM »

the problem is much bigger than the lasers and dvd drive on the ps2. and 360 completely destroy dvd's if you move it.

go to the xbox forums. the topic about returns shipping and repairs almost has 500,000 views. along with the topic of how to check if you have a falcon chip. that is just sad for microsoft. i think they also took the topic the rrod club and it had like 400,000 views. i wonder why?

You have to think about it like this, at least Microsoft were men enough to step forward and admit that there is a problem and step up their warranties. Hell they even pay shipping both ways in the states.

But it's not about hardware, it's about the games, and you must wonder if Microsoft has such bad hardware, then why do people still support them? I mean they make the sales, but the hardware is garbage, then why keep buying it? It's the software, and the 360 has the same exact advantage that the PS2 had, a year lead, and better software, and bigger installed base.

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2007, 03:39:57 PM »

i also pay bills like the water, and gas and electricity but i make enough to buy games and pay the bills. its something you might get to do when you get a better job. ;)

i worked for my ps3 too.

in the summer i worked about 5 days per a week, which i worked for 9 weeks.

my mom forced me to work the ninth week tho. :-"

You have to think about it like this, at least Microsoft were men enough to step forward and admit that there is a problem and step up their warranties. Hell they even pay shipping both ways in the states.

But it's not about hardware, it's about the games, and you must wonder if Microsoft has such bad hardware, then why do people still support them? I mean they make the sales, but the hardware is garbage, then why keep buying it? It's the software, and the 360 has the same exact advantage that the PS2 had, a year lead, and better software, and bigger installed base.

yet the ps3 has quality.

Sony worked their @$$ off to make the ps3 the best out there, in hardware.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2007, 03:51:49 PM »
^^^ you are correct, and this applies to the original Xbox. It's an exact mirror of what happened last gen. The Xbox had quality, PS2 broke all the time, I went through a few, but the PS2 had a much greater selection, a head start, and a bigger installed base. The Xbox had....quality hardware, and more powerful hardware, and who still came out on top? PS2.

The same thing is happening with the 360 and the PS3. The 360 breaks all the time, has a greater selection of games, a head start and a bigger installed base. The PS3 has quality hardware and more powerful hardware, see where I'm going with this???

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2007, 05:01:27 PM »
^^^ you are correct, and this applies to the original Xbox. It's an exact mirror of what happened last gen. The Xbox had quality, PS2 broke all the time, I went through a few, but the PS2 had a much greater selection, a head start, and a bigger installed base. The Xbox had....quality hardware, and more powerful hardware, and who still came out on top? PS2.

The same thing is happening with the 360 and the PS3. The 360 breaks all the time, has a greater selection of games, a head start and a bigger installed base. The PS3 has quality hardware and more powerful hardware, see where I'm going with this???

the only thing is that the ps3 has a blu-ray player so it might have longer life than the 360. plus the 360 is doing horrible in japan. the 360 with supposedly the greatest line up of games in the history of games has only out sold the ps3 with no games by 10,000 units this holiday season. if microsoft does not get japan which it won't (they sell like 5,000 consoles a week) they will be in trouble. not to mention they have lost billions on the xbox and if they can't make it up with the 360 they may be forced to release a new console in three years.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2007, 05:07:28 PM »
IMO Sony is the new Sega.

I mean c'mon. Sega has had many mascots but lost almost all of them.
So has Sony.

Back two console wars ago there was
Sega, Sony, and Nintendo.

Sega's Dreamcast came out after Nintendo and Sony, and the quality of the system was better, but do to being outsold by the other systems, Sega died.

Sony as of now is already in the red flag, and it's because of this red flag that Capcom is moving some of their sony exclusives to Microsoft and Nintendo. Imo it's a very good choice. Sony dropped their price already, and still it's in the red flag.

I honestly wish Metal Gear and Tekken went over to Microsoft so I could sell my ps3.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2007, 05:22:59 PM »

So has Sony.

Sega's Dreamcast came out after Nintendo and Sony, and the quality of the system was better, but do to being outsold by the other systems, Sega died.

Sony as of now is already in the red flag, and it's because of this red flag that Capcom is moving some of their sony exclusives to Microsoft and Nintendo. Imo it's a very good choice. Sony dropped their price already, and still it's in the red flag.

I honestly wish Metal Gear and Tekken went over to Microsoft so I could sell my ps3.

that is only because sega could not compete in japan. right now in japan the console war is only ps3 and nintendo. xbox 360 sales are pathetic over there.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2007, 05:38:08 PM »

So has Sony.

that is only because sega could not compete in japan. right now in japan the console war is only ps3 and nintendo. xbox 360 sales are pathetic over there.
Actually I would imagine the Dreamcast is pretty popular in Japan. I mean they still are making Dreamcast games. It's not like you see people still making PS1 games for it.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2007, 05:42:06 PM »

So has Sony.

Actually I would imagine the Dreamcast is pretty popular in Japan. I mean they still are making Dreamcast games. It's not like you see people still making PS1 games for it.

its not as popular as the ps2, wii, or ps3. sony is not the new sega. i mean last year xbox had about the same sales as the ps3 this year. it only did a little better. and with the price being cheaper than the ps3. next year trust me it will sale like crazy in japan with final fantasy.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2007, 11:06:33 PM »
"Yoji Takenaka: I know, but it's the choice of format in Japan. You only have to make games on the Nintendo format today. Sony PlayStation 2 is pretty dead already, and PlayStation 3 has not really made any ground, and 360 is Microsoft, and people don't buy it in Japan. It's too bad, because it's a great system to me. "

This is from the head of a D3 division, a Japanese publisher. It's a shame people in Japan don't buy the 360, it's like they're afraid of it or don't like it because it's American, but us Americans buy anything they poop out.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2007, 02:12:40 AM »
Sony isn't gonna fail and we all know it. The worst it can do is be the level of where the X-box was last gen. That ISN'T too bad if you ask me. The PS3 is selling pretty well overall since the price drops (both of them). Also it is in the red cause SONY makes money on the games, not on the consoles themselves. Does Sony have some ground to make up, yea it does, but I don't see it failing like the Dreamcast. Sony just needs more games, and it is getting them finally. Next year is Sony's big year.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar