collapse

Author Topic: ps3 vs 360  (Read 2478 times)

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
Re: ps3 vs 360
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 08:24:31 PM »
you need to get a high end tv to get the best out of ps3? that's the first time i know this :-??
what would exactly do? post the resolution? improve graphic?

yes sir. just like when you buy an hdtv and they tell you to sign up for hd tv service. you get the best picture quality out of it. there is a considerable amount of difference when you watch regular cable on a hd tv and then flip the channel to an hd program and watch it.

its the same for the xbox 360. so its not a con against the ps3. believe me you are not getting the best of the 360 on a regular tv. other wise why would they call it hd gaming. and i ain't paying $750(the elite with hd-dvd and wi-fi. and i need wi-fi since my internet connection is upstairs and my hd tv is downstairs.)for a console that might not have mgs and final fantasy and has a 33 percent crap rate. I mean i am sure you guys get alot more 360's returned that have crapped out than the ps3. the only game that distinguishes the 360 right now for me is halo, every other fps does not appeal to me. assasin's creed is also for the ps3 and no freaking good rpg has come out for the 360. that is why it is doing so horrible in japan. they have sold a pathetic 300,000 consoles since launch.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 08:28:17 PM by dennis872005 »

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2007, 11:08:21 PM »
assasin's creed is also for the ps3 and no freaking good rpg has come out for the 360.

There's Blue Dragon, And Well that's the only reason some Japaneses own a 360, Aside from that Nice Title there is no really Good RPGs for the 360.

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2007, 11:23:36 PM »
you need to get a high end tv to get the best out of ps3? that's the first time i know this :-??

yes sir. just like when you buy an hdtv and they tell you to sign up for hd tv service. you get the best picture quality out of it. there is a considerable amount of difference when you watch regular cable on a hd tv and then flip the channel to an hd program and watch it.

its the same for the xbox 360. so its not a con against the ps3. believe me you are not getting the best of the 360 on a regular tv. other wise why would they call it hd gaming. and i ain't paying $750(the elite with hd-dvd and wi-fi. and i need wi-fi since my internet connection is upstairs and my hd tv is downstairs.)for a console that might not have mgs and final fantasy and has a 33 percent crap rate. I mean i am sure you guys get alot more 360's returned that have crapped out than the ps3. the only game that distinguishes the 360 right now for me is halo, every other fps does not appeal to me. assasin's creed is also for the ps3 and no freaking good rpg has come out for the 360. that is why it is doing so horrible in japan. they have sold a pathetic 300,000 consoles since launch.

lol dude, you dont NEED to get the elite. no one needs 120 gb of hard drive. its the same misconception as with computers. laptops/desktops now are comming out with 320 gb of harddrive space and its funny how us as employees look at it and think...wow...this is strait up propaganda just becuase you'll never need that much space. you'll need to dl ALOT of crap to fill that up. and trust me, i KNOW you dont get the best out of a 360 if you dont have an hdtv, but its less of a let down if you dont. the ps3 runs on blu ray...if you play a ps3 on a bluray compatible tv with a 1080p screen compared to a conventional 480i screen (which most tvs made that are about 5+yrs or older are) you get a HUGE difference. now with the 360, its not that bad. regardless, yes you do need a nice tv to get the full experience, but its not so bad if you dont. now a days they make allll tvs hd compatible/built in. so you can get a great look from a 360 from a 780p/i lcd hdtv. and yea i admit we get more 360s exchanged/returned but thats becuase not that many people are buying ps3s to begin with.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2007, 11:29:15 PM »

lol dude, you dont NEED to get the elite. no one needs 120 gb of hard drive. its the same misconception as with computers. laptops/desktops now are comming out with 320 gb of harddrive space and its funny how us as employees look at it and think...wow...this is strait up propaganda just becuase you'll never need that much space. you'll need to dl ALOT of sh*t to fill that up. and trust me, i KNOW you dont get the best out of a 360 if you dont have an hdtv, but its less of a let down if you dont. the ps3 runs on blu ray...if you play a ps3 on a bluray compatible tv with a 1080p screen compared to a conventional 480i screen (which most tvs made that are about 5+yrs or older are) you get a HUGE difference. now with the 360, its not that bad. regardless, yes you do need a nice tv to get the full experience, but its not so bad if you dont. now a days they make allll tvs hd compatible/built in. so you can get a great look from a 360 from a 780p/i lcd hdtv. and yea i admit we get more 360s exchanged/returned but thats becuase not that many people are buying ps3s to begin with.
I have a 500 gig external hard drive.
I've used about over 400 gigs in lil over a year.
Yes I need that much memory.

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2007, 11:59:47 PM »

<_<|...|and then of course you have your seldom few that do need a crapton of memory. thats why you "never say never". LOL

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 12:40:55 AM »

<_<|...|and then of course you have your seldom few that do need a crapton of memory. thats why you "never say never". LOL

i filled up my 20 gig hard drive in 3 days downloading demos and buying videos. you do know that hd video take a huge amount of space. luckily i have a 500 gig external hard drive. too bad i can't transfer my videos, since if my 360 craps out my videos are lost and crappy Microsoft won't refund it. good think they are adding divx and xvid playback so i can play it from my external hard drive. oh and even if i did not get the elite the pro is  still $650 dollars with the hd-dvd and wi-fi and a puny 20 gig hard drive. not to mention it does not come with a rechargeable pack for the controller unlike the ps3. the  ps3 is $400 dollars and comes with blu ray, wi-fi and rechargeable packs for the controller. so ps3 for me this christmas.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 12:44:37 AM by dennis872005 »

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 12:50:12 AM »

i filled up my 20 gig hard drive in 3 days downloading demos and buying videos. you do know that hd video take a huge amount of space. luckily i have a 500 gig external hard drive. too bad i can't transfer my videos, since if my 360 craps out my videos are lost and crappy Microsoft won't refund it. good think they are adding divx and xvid playback so i can play it from my external hard drive. oh and even if i did not get the elite the pro is  still $650 dollars with the hd-dvd and wi-fi and a puny 20 gig hard drive. not to mention it does not come with a rechargeable pack for the controller unlike the ps3. the  ps3 is $400 dollars and comes with blu ray, wi-fi and rechargeable packs for the controller. so ps3 for me this christmas.

lol well you do know that the 400 dollar ps3 is the 40 gb...so your not looking at too much memory in that either. at last time i heard, you cant expand it to a 120gb like the 360. and if your looking to be able and play ps2 games, its gunna cost you more then just 400 bucks. plus the bluetooth technology on the ps3 controllers arnt always as reliable as you think.

lol man i think its funny how we can probably go all day with this  :O*D

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 09:11:13 AM »
its cost for the ps3 to work with ps2 and ps1 games.

just think the 40GB a striped downed model of the 80GB version.

the ps3 is cheap for what it has in it. <_<|...|

besides i mean you have to pay like 200 bucks for a HD dvd addon for the 360!?

with buying addons for the 360, it will go over $500.

take a look at this its a cool thing they are trying out:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/14/video-of-new-research-conducted-with-playstation-eye/

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 11:17:54 AM »

lol well you do know that the 400 dollar ps3 is the 40 gb...so your not looking at too much memory in that either. at last time i heard, you cant expand it to a 120gb like the 360. and if your looking to be able and play ps2 games, its gunna cost you more then just 400 bucks. plus the bluetooth technology on the ps3 controllers arnt always as reliable as you think.

yeah not much memory but twice as much. and guess what i can actually  put files on the ps3 and watch movies without having to stream it. and i got a modded ps2 so i doubt the even the 60 gb can play my games. ;)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/14/video-of-new-research-conducted-with-playstation-eye/

wow that is awesome. but can anyone do that right now or just people at sony? and user based content will probabily never come out for the 360
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 11:23:19 AM by dennis872005 »

Offline nick09

• Contributor
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 03:10:19 PM »

yeah not much memory but twice as much. and guess what i can actually  put files on the ps3 and watch movies without having to stream it. and i got a modded ps2 so i doubt the even the 60 gb can play my games. ;)

wow that is awesome. but can anyone do that right now or just people at sony? and user based content will probabily never come out for the 360

no that is just a idea for a game. :O*D

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 11:05:06 PM »

well i guess what it comes down to then is just the consumer. much of it has to do with preference.

Offline Freddy Mercury

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 19, 2008, 07:04:55 PM
  • Getting down to Business
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 09:01:30 AM »
Hmmm with Dynasty Warriors 6 and Guilty Gear 2: Overture on the 360, maybe I've pretty much has some excuse to get 360 over teh PS3... though still, I like the part where i can play PS1 games on a 3rd Generation Console... and there's also God of War 3... and DW6 is also a PS3 release... but then still a hard decision for me.

Tekken 6 > All other fighterz x3

Offline Kev The Galaxybender

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 29, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2007, 09:17:46 PM »
360 pwns the PS3

Offline nick09

• Contributor
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2007, 09:27:53 PM »

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2007, 09:46:13 PM »
360 pwns the PS3

Uhm...How? Only in terms of Shooters, Aside from that I don't think it's more than equal than the PS3.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2007, 09:53:45 PM »
PS3 games suck. There is nothing on the system that is a must buy or that's not on another console right now. The only saving grace for the PS3 now is MGS4, and Final Fantasy. Everything else is either on the 360 or there is another nice alternative. The 360 just has the better software lineup as of now, and it's going to be very difficult for Sony to catch up simply because the 360's middleware is much more user friendly and cheaper, so games will be built mostly with that in mind and from the ground up on 360, then ported to PS3 in most cases with 3rd party games.

and lets not get started with online. PSN may be free, but you pay for what you get. And Live is a very nice service. I don't think Second Li.... I mean Home is going to have much impact because from what has been shown, it does nothing to enhance gameplay experience. It only offers a 3D lobby.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 09:56:32 PM by Toph The Earthbender »

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2007, 11:06:51 PM »
PS3 games suck. There is nothing on the system that is a must buy or that's not on another console right now. The only saving grace for the PS3 now is MGS4, and Final Fantasy. Everything else is either on the 360 or there is another nice alternative. The 360 just has the better software lineup as of now, and it's going to be very difficult for Sony to catch up simply because the 360's middleware is much more user friendly and cheaper, so games will be built mostly with that in mind and from the ground up on 360, then ported to PS3 in most cases with 3rd party games.

and lets not get started with online. PSN may be free, but you pay for what you get. And Live is a very nice service. I don't think Second Li.... I mean Home is going to have much impact because from what has been shown, it does nothing to enhance gameplay experience. It only offers a 3D lobby.

thats in relation to what i had said before too. becuase the ps3 has 7 processors, its VERY difficult for games to develop under that. the 360 has so much more of a game selection then the ps3 does and its funny how yall want to spend so much money just for two games that are for the ps3. (dont get me wrong final fantasy and metal gear are baddass, but still)

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2007, 11:37:08 PM »
Of course the 360 has more games, it has been out longer than the PS3. I disagree with you Toph, Uncharted and Ratched and Clank ARE must buys, especially Uncharted. They are however not good enough for you to buy a PS3 (no one or 2 games IMO aren't, not even Halo, FF MGS, etc.). With that said, that is basically the ONLY two PS3 only game must buys that I can think of (Heavenly Sword is just WAY too short to be a must buy).

It is true, the PS3 is just hard to program for, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. PS2 had this SAME problem initially, but the developers figured it out and the rest is history. Give the developers enough time and they will figure out the PS3 (if Naughty Dog can do it, so can EA and the others gaming companies).

PSN is free and it is GOOD. Yes live is nice but.... I have a computer if I want to download shows, music and all that stuff. I would never pay for live cause I don't WANT that extra stuff. I just want to go online and play people or chat to people. Home's point ISN'T to enhance the gameplay experience, it is suppose to enhance the Sony community experience, that is the point of Home. I see myself using Home to chat to people and stuff. If Home is free, I'll certainly use it.

PS3 needs more games, it is starting to get them, but it needs more. The 360 isn't bad......but I don't like the fact it DIES on you. Yes the warranty is nice.....but I want it just in case, not for the when it will happen. I kinda don't want to be without a 360 for a month if I get one or go through 2-3 of them either (yes I have heard people going through 2-3 360s or people claim that they did). I am right now PRETTY happy with my PS3, but I CAN see myself buying a 360 in the future.

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2007, 12:46:52 PM »
Of course the 360 has more games, it has been out longer than the PS3. I disagree with you Toph, Uncharted and Ratched and Clank ARE must buys, especially Uncharted. They are however not good enough for you to buy a PS3 (no one or 2 games IMO aren't, not even Halo, FF MGS, etc.). With that said, that is basically the ONLY two PS3 only game must buys that I can think of (Heavenly Sword is just WAY too short to be a must buy).

It is true, the PS3 is just hard to program for, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. PS2 had this SAME problem initially, but the developers figured it out and the rest is history. Give the developers enough time and they will figure out the PS3 (if Naughty Dog can do it, so can EA and the others gaming companies).

PSN is free and it is GOOD. Yes live is nice but.... I have a computer if I want to download shows, music and all that stuff. I would never pay for live cause I don't WANT that extra stuff. I just want to go online and play people or chat to people. Home's point ISN'T to enhance the gameplay experience, it is suppose to enhance the Sony community experience, that is the point of Home. I see myself using Home to chat to people and stuff. If Home is free, I'll certainly use it.

PS3 needs more games, it is starting to get them, but it needs more. The 360 isn't bad......but I don't like the fact it DIES on you. Yes the warranty is nice.....but I want it just in case, not for the when it will happen. I kinda don't want to be without a 360 for a month if I get one or go through 2-3 of them either (yes I have heard people going through 2-3 360s or people claim that they did). I am right now PRETTY happy with my PS3, but I CAN see myself buying a 360 in the future.

in response to the 360 crashing alot, they have made differences in processors in the last month, i cant remember but i believe the changed the 1.3 ghz into a 1.7. so that problem should be fixed. they updated alot of stuff within the 360 that should ail it of that. (dont quote me on the numbers though but they were somewhere along those lines)

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 01:15:43 PM »

thats in relation to what i had said before too. becuase the ps3 has 7 processors, its VERY difficult for games to develop under that. the 360 has so much more of a game selection then the ps3 does and its funny how yall want to spend so much money just for two games that are for the ps3. (dont get me wrong final fantasy and metal gear are baddass, but still)

there are about 3 to 4 must have games for the ps3 this year. and the 360 has like what the same. forza which is no gran turismo,gpr4 good arcade racing game nothing to exciting, and halo. bioshock is not exclusive  [-X  it already came out on pc and almost all 360 so called "exclusives will come out for the pc. and what must have games are gonna come out exclusively for the 360 next year. halo war sucks and halo 4 won't come out for a while. next year its all about the ps3. (and wii but whatever.) also remember this is the first year of the console.  all consoles start to get their great games on their second year. like the 360 got halo this year.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2007, 01:50:36 PM »
and lets not get started with online. PSN may be free, but you pay for what you get. And Live is a very nice service. I don't think Second Li.... I mean Home is going to have much impact because from what has been shown, it does nothing to enhance gameplay experience. It only offers a 3D lobby

I already paid a ridiculous ammount of money for a gaming console why Am I supposed to pay again for things I can do better and for Free in my PC?

PS3 may not be a Gaming console but it works better as one when it comes to Online services, This is the word of GX3.

there are about 3 to 4 must have games for the ps3 this year. and the 360 has like what the same. forza which is no gran turismo,gpr4 good arcade racing game nothing to exciting, and halo. bioshock is not exclusive    it already came out on pc and almost all 360 so called "exclusives will come out for the pc. and what must have games are gonna come out exclusively for the 360 next year. halo war sucks and halo 4 won't come out for a while. next year its all about the ps3. (and wii but whatever.) also remember this is the first year of the console.  all consoles start to get their great games on their second year. like the 360 got halo this year.

True.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »
I already paid a ridiculous ammount of money for a gaming console why Am I supposed to pay again for things I can do better and for Free in my PC?

somple, don't buy it, no one said you have to buy it. But it's a great service weather it's free or not, much better than PSN.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2007, 04:25:25 PM »

somple, don't buy it, no one said you have to buy it. But it's a great service weather it's free or not, much better than PSN.

they do nothing for me. i would not have a problem if they actually did something like say have dedicated servers. xbox live is a joke for not being free.

Offline nick09

• Contributor
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2007, 07:03:37 PM »

they do nothing for me. i would not have a problem if they actually did something like say have dedicated servers. xbox live is a joke for not being free.

they would of cut that price very much if the xbox acted as a server.

like the ps3 does.

also making games for the ps3 takes long because of the technology.

the ps3 has 8 different processors, to use up.

thus it takes longer, because they want better effects in a game.

let me tell you ps3 technology is different than the 360's.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »

Yet the console's Big Points revolve around Live with "Game Experience may change During Online Play" "Online Play Supported" stuff like that. People keep saying "If you want to enjoy the game at it's fullest you need to play it Live".

Sounds like True bulls***.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar