collapse

Author Topic: TimeShift  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Kev The Galaxybender

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 29, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
    • Email
TimeShift
« on: November 11, 2007, 05:43:01 PM »
[youtube=425,350]dINPnKIaflo[/youtube]

too bad nobody likes it, it's a big sleeper hit. Even in multi player, the chronos grenades are great. I just got released at the wrong time, with the likes of Halo 3, The Orange Box, and then the nail in the coffin, Call of Duty 4. It was looked down on because of these games and was not rated on it's own merits, too bad too, Saber did a great job.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
Re: TimeShift
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 06:33:41 PM »
too bad nobody likes it, it's a big sleeper hit. Even in multi player, the chronos grenades are great. I just got released at the wrong time, with the likes of Halo 3, The Orange Box, and then the nail in the coffin, Call of Duty 4. It was looked down on because of these games and was not rated on it's own merits, too bad too, Saber did a great job.

Meh the game looks better than what it plays like, I didn't like the Framerate problem and the graphics aren't that good for a 360 game.

There's some interesting weapons but it feels too generic to me.

There's my Point of View.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 07:27:43 PM »
sooo, its not a good game?

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 08:06:13 PM »
it's good. It's just a lot of people are stuck up Halo 3, The Orange Box, Bioshock and Call of Duty 4's @$$. Just a bad time for a new developer because of a lot of shooters are flooding this market right now. The game is downright fun. There aren't any framerate problems in my game. I turn off the vertical sync (V-Sync) so the game runs at maximum. As far as visuals, the amount of normal mapping is very good.

And it keeps getting this "run of the mill/generic shooter" name because you run around and shoot a lot of stuff. I mean it is a FPS, what else are you supposed to do? In what shooter don't you run around and shoot stuff? You shoot stuff, and a lot of it. Do you want the game to be an interactive story (bold and the beautiful with guns?) Look at games like Fear, Call of Duty, Halo, Area 51, you do the same thing. Run from area to area and engage in firefights.

As you can see, the game gets knocked for being fun. Try the demo, it's a great game. Worthy of people's attention. It's going to be the Metal Arms (Another Sierra published game) of this generation
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 08:09:04 PM by Toph The Earthbender »

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 08:56:32 PM »
And it keeps getting this "run of the mill/generic shooter" name because you run around and shoot a lot of stuff. I mean it is a FPS, what else are you supposed to do? In what shooter don't you run around and shoot stuff? You shoot stuff, and a lot of it. Do you want the game to be an interactive story (bold and the beautiful with guns?) Look at games like Fear, Call of Duty, Halo, Area 51, you do the same thing. Run from area to area and engage in firefights.

Hey don't get me wrong, the trailer makes it look more fun than Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, etc.

It's not as innovative as could be but it sure has potential.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 09:11:24 PM »
one main complain it gets that it doesn't have many innovative time puzzles. Well when playing the game, you'll quickly find that this game isn't about solving time puzzles or any puzzles for that matter (see Half-Life 2) but they're there for combat purposes. Sometimes it's very very difficult to survive without using them for combat. Sure, you may get a few puzzles or situations where you need to use them to solve a small puzzle (which by the way, one puzzle I encountered, while it didn't make me scratch my head for too long, but it was a brilliant puzzle nonetheless) to progress, but the main focus of the time powers is combat.

I think a lot of people expected a semi puzzle oriented groundbreaking, innovative time power use game, but in fact the game's focus is combat.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 02:53:06 AM »
It is interesting, but I am not a huge fan of FPS and stuff. I played the demo on the PS3 and it wasn't bad.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 05:28:06 AM »
I don't see why it got such a bad wrap. Other shooters do the same thing *cough* Halo 3 *cough* over and over but they get high praise. This game is fun and thats all that should matter. If anyone has a PS3 or 360, try out the multi player  demo, it's a nice game

Offline xsabin

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 03, 2011, 01:22:05 PM
  • obey my orders
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 11:50:08 AM »
I don't see why it got such a bad wrap. Other shooters do the same thing *cough* Halo 3 *cough* over and over but they get high praise. This game is fun and thats all that should matter. If anyone has a PS3 or 360, try out the multi player  demo, it's a nice game
i agree,i am playing timeshift and serious sam 2(two fps games) and i think timeshift is a very good game(it is in the top 5 of this year for me)
ps:Toph i recommend serious sam 2 fpr you,seeing the games you play i think you will enjoy this one(i gotta warn you that the beggining is boring but as you progress in the game it becomes better also this is the HARDEST FPS i ever played)

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 12:15:54 PM »
i agree,i am playing timeshift and serious sam 2(two fps games) and i think timeshift is a very good game(it is in the top 5 of this year for me)
ps:Toph i recommend serious sam 2 fpr you,seeing the games you play i think you will enjoy this one(i gotta warn you that the beggining is boring but as you progress in the game it becomes better also this is the HARDEST FPS i ever played)

I already own Serious Sam 2, as I own the first one as well. While i like Serious Sam 1 or "Gold" better, I still like Serious Sam 2, it's a very fun run and blast shooter. I got it the first day it came out. I also own Serious Sam Next Encounter on Gamecube

Offline xsabin

• Initiate
  • obey my orders
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 01:07:31 PM »

I already own Serious Sam 2, as I own the first one as well. While i like Serious Sam 1 or "Gold" better, I still like Serious Sam 2, it's a very fun run and blast shooter. I got it the first day it came out. I also own Serious Sam Next Encounter on Gamecube
never heard of next encounter but i also have the first one,second encounter and the "dark island"(btw,croteam is making serious sam 3 for 2008 :thumbsup:)

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 03:26:37 PM »
if ou like Serious Sam, Next encounter is a very fun addition to the series. It's sorta like a side story, but still with all of the blasting. They made it for PS2 and Gamecube, but the framerate is awful on PS2, I suggest if you haver a gamecube, pick it up. If not and you have a PS2, go for it, but the framerate is very bad.

Overall it's a blast to play, I think you'll like it

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 03, 2019, 06:10:28 PM
  • Don't Hate If You Cant Create
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 03:27:47 PM »
timeshift horrible game! you see how dum there ai is how stupid everything is rubbish game
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 06:30:06 PM »
timeshift horrible game! you see how dum there ai is how stupid everything is rubbish game

we're going to ignore this guy.

anyway, boy that Assassin's Creed has some great AI

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 01:01:27 PM »

ignore it all you want your still have bad taste in games  :DxDie and if the ai kills them self dont you think it has bad ai or maybe you like playing dum games

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 03:56:33 PM by Tupac »
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 04:38:25 PM »
never played the game do you recommend it?

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 04:41:08 PM »

try the demo to see if you like it but trust me i hated it i also think his suit is a copy of other peoples suit but thats just my opinion not a reason to hate it

Offline xsabin

• Initiate
  • obey my orders
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 04:51:25 PM »
i recommend the game,i think this game rocks and attacking enemies without using your powers is a stupid thing to do(also there are times where the enemies are impossible to defeat so you will have to run like the sentry of the fourth level)

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 04:55:26 PM »

ignore it all you want your still have bad taste in games  :DxDie and if the ai kills them self dont you think it has bad ai or maybe you like playing dum games

coming from a guy with "Tupac" for a name, one should question taste in anything.

I highly recommend TimeShift, just because Mr. Pac doesn't like it, doesn't mean you won't. Try it, it's the sleeper hit of the year. It's going to go the way of "Metal Arms: Glitch in the System", another great sleeper hit published by Sierra, that went unnoticed.

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 04:58:06 PM »

coming from a guy with "Tupac" for a name, one should question taste in anything.

I highly recommend TimeShift, just because Mr. Pac doesn't like it, doesn't mean you won't. Try it, it's the sleeper hit of the year. It's going to go the way of "Metal Arms: Glitch in the System", another great sleeper hit published by Sierra, that went unnoticed.

well coming from a girl/boy or what eva you are who has taste in toph...cmon out of the avatar series shes your fav wtf you must have problems and time shift lmao dum game  :DxDie geez tophy you just stick with mugen

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 08:10:39 PM »

well coming from a girl/boy or what eva you are who has taste in toph...cmon out of the avatar series shes your fav wtf you must have problems and time shift lmao dum game  :DxDie geez tophy you just stick with mugen

Stick to learning how to spell and proper use of grammar, and less time trying to bash someone's opinion, it's very unbecoming of you.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:12:23 PM by Toph The Earthbender »

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 08:46:16 PM »

>:-(-| Metal Arms was published by Vivendi...

EDIT: nevermind. Sierra slipped my mind for a second there. *puts up flame shield*
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:48:03 PM by [Asian-Jesus] »
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 12:40:41 PM »
Look Mr. Pac, don't don't come at me like a little girl in a PM. If you got something to say, say it in the public. Don't hide behind a PM. You came into my topic bashing the game with no justified reason, just felt like bashing it. It is my right to state a counter argument, and I tried to with little to no aggression, hence the ignore statement. If you would state reasoning, then it can make for a more sophisticated argument, then reasonable counter arguments. but you insist on trashing the game with little reasoning. While you'll have your opinion, if you don't have a constructive argument, do not post in my topic and don't try to pull a sucker move in a PM.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 03:43:06 PM »

Hahaha I'm not much of a fan of Time Shift but I have to say that the AI is much better than in AC, Want moronic AI? play Assasin's Creed, Boy that game sure is Overrated.

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 03:58:52 PM »
Look Mr. Pac, don't don't come at me like a little girl in a PM. If you got something to say, say it in the public. Don't hide behind a PM. You came into my topic bashing the game with no justified reason, just felt like bashing it. It is my right to state a counter argument, and I tried to with little to no aggression, hence the ignore statement. If you would state reasoning, then it can make for a more sophisticated argument, then reasonable counter arguments. but you insist on trashing the game with little reasoning. While you'll have your opinion, if you don't have a constructive argument, do not post in my topic and don't try to pull a sucker move in a PM.

yo little bee-otch for an infinity faithfull you dont know much about the rules by using pm's we wouldnt of gotten in trouble but you if you wana spam your topic fine a'll keep on doing f**k*** bad taste in animation and games ffs

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar