collapse

Author Topic: NBA Season 2007 - 08  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
Re: NBA Season 2007 - 08
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 10:01:13 AM »
Did anyone see Yao Ming get dunked on by Ginobili?  I mean come on he's 7'6"!!  Get tough already. 

yea lol.   hes too damn slow ginoboli as air bourn already before yao even knew what the f**k was going on

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 10:10:06 AM »
All I know is that I better see Denver or Boston in the Playoffs!! All the talent both teams have :o

Its Denvers 2nd season together so they need to get it crackin and Boston has a new Big 3. But technically they cant be the Big 3 unless they win like them so...

All Im sayin is the East seems to have a better chance at Championship Bling. And I still doubt the Cav's doin anything at all, the SO CALLED king needs alotta help.

I always got love for West but I wanna see some more underdogs come up, ya know?
(and havin Shaq doesnt count)

K (:| BE....who cares! Im sure other teams want him but unless he renegotiates his contract nobody is gonn pay his wannabe Jordan @$$.

denver defenatly going to playoffs.  hopefully going far.    boston, i gotta see more of them cause so far there playing good.  i think ray allen is the most dangerous out of the three cause hes damn good outside the arc.   

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 12:31:24 PM »
K (:| BE....who cares! Im sure other teams want him but unless he renegotiates his contract nobody is gonn pay his wannabe Jordan @$$.

:lies:

Wannabe Jordan? I didn't know being at the top of your game clarified you being a wannabe MJ?

I'm a Bulls fan since I was a kid, and still am. Other two teams is Heat and Lakers. I haven't been keeping up with what has been going on lately so i'm lost. I'm more into college, UNC w00t :w00t:

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 12:38:35 PM »
i hate how when someone has a good game after the game everyone is like"oh crap hes gonna be the next jordan"!   theve said that to about everybody.  but when it comes to kobe.  i can admit that kobe is the next generation of MJ.  by the way kobe aint done yet hes still gots so  much more crap to finish.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 12:39:10 PM »
so is there anybody here who hates that overrated player gilbert arenas.  or is it just me

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 01:04:20 PM »

Wannabe Jordan? I didn't know being at the top of your game clarified you being a wannabe MJ?

I'm a Bulls fan since I was a kid, and still am. Other two teams is Heat and Lakers. I haven't been keeping up with what has been going on lately so i'm lost. I'm more into college, UNC w00t :w00t:

its not that hes at the top of his game (which he is), its just that since he came into the game, everyones been calling him the next jorday...hence, wannabe jordan.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 01:19:30 PM »
its not that hes at the top of his game (which he is), its just that since he came into the game, everyones been calling him the next jorday...hence, wannabe jordan.

Being called the next MJ and wannabe MJ is two different things.

Next MJ = Fans not knowing what they're talking about because there never will be another MJ.

Wannabe MJ = Kobe wanting to be like Mike (see what I did there :P )

Kobe probably wants to be better than MJ... which isn't going to happen.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 01:30:06 PM »
Kobe in the records books will probably break all of Jordans records, since he is on a bad team that lets him do all the work and won't take a vacation for gambling problems.  He just won't get 6 rings.  If I had to choose between Iversion and Kobe  I would pick Kobe hands down Iversion doesn't play D, steals don't count as D.  If I was going to build a team around someone It would be King James.
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline reezy718

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 02, 2008, 01:21:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2007, 01:32:49 PM »

Next MJ = Fans not knowing what they're talking about because there never will be another MJ.

Ok I know Im sound crazy for saying this but I think by the time Kobe career is over when he reties that HE WILL be better than MJ.If he wins 2 or 3 more championships I GURANTEE that they gonna be calling him the best player not only in the nba right but better than MJ too.I know it sounds crazy.Im not sayin he's better than him right now.But before he retires and if he wins more championships espn,tnt and any other sports channel is gonna be saying he's better than jordan.
another thing I hate the spurs but they probably are gonna win the west again.If not them then I think Houston will take it.People are sleeping on them but they beat the spurs last night and they only lost once.Even though the season just started.
Boston is gonna take the east unless when D wade comes back he just takes over and start dominating the whole league like he did that year when they won the championship

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 01:38:21 PM »
steals don't count as D. 

Then why are they a defensive stat?  A steal is a forced turnover which results in the other team not scoring.  How can u say that?
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2007, 02:13:45 PM »
Because everytime I say Iversion doesn't play D someones says he gets alot of steals.  Infact he lead the league in steals 3 years straight but to my knowledge never been on a defensive team execpt in college.
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007, 03:41:32 PM »
If I was kobe I would go to the rockets, they are one player from greatness
Yeah, Houston is one player away from greatness but that player definitely isn't Kobe. If Kobe went to Houston Tracy wouldn't touch another basketball again. Houston could use a dishing point guard like a Steve Nash type. Kobe needs a team of loser drones he can control.

Kobe is the best player in the NBA today, there is NOBODY else who can take over the game when they feel like it the way Kobe does. The guy has no help on the team but can still take them 2 deep in the playoffs. But there will never be a player as great or complete as Micheal Jordan. [-X

so is there anybody here who hates that overrated player gilbert arenas.  or is it just me
Gilbert Arenas isn't overrated, he just talks a bunch of s*** and then goes out and loses. I think if he kept his mouth shut the W column in their record will sky-rocket.

Because everytime I say Iversion doesn't play D someones says he gets alot of steals.  Infact he lead the league in steals 3 years straight but to my knowledge never been on a defensive team execpt in college.
Steals do count as a defensive stat. If they weren't than no point guard could be considered a defensive pg because they don't block much at all. The only other team Iverson's been on other than the Nuggets is the 6ers so there is really no justification to say he's on a defensive team, he just makes defensive plays (steals)

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2007, 03:50:31 PM »
Yeah, Houston is one player away from greatness but that player definitely isn't Kobe. If Kobe went to Houston Tracy wouldn't touch another basketball again. Houston could use a dishing point guard like a Steve Nash type. Kobe needs a team of loser drones he can control.

Kobe is the best player in the NBA today, there is NOBODY else who can take over the game when they feel like it the way Kobe does. The guy has no help on the team but can still take them 2 deep in the playoffs. But there will never be a player as great or complete as Micheal Jordan. [-X

Gilbert Arenas isn't overrated, he just talks a bunch of s*** and then goes out and loses. I think if he kept his mouth shut the W column in their record will sky-rocket.

Steals do count as a defensive stat. If they weren't than no point guard could be considered a defensive pg because they don't block much at all. The only other team Iverson's been on other than the Nuggets is the 6ers so there is really no justification to say he's on a defensive team, he just makes defensive plays (steals)

the difference between kobe and jordan is that kobe dont work with other people so well and jordan did, jordan had pippen, kukoc, rodman.  jordan didint win finals by him self the bulls did.   but the lakers never win a game,  Kobe is the only one that wiins

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 03:53:11 PM »
what i ment by overrated is that i see him everywhere on tv.    i personally think hes avarage.  but not good enough to be all over the tv on every commercial.    i see him as the same as cuttino mobley, and do you see him everywhere No.    and he does talk crap and loses every game.

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 04:06:30 PM »
Cuttino=Gilbert, NO!!!  :D I could understand if you just don't like the guy, I personally can stand Carmello Anthony, but Gilbert is way better than Cuttino. He isn't a true PG though, he is a 2 guard. I think they did move him to SG but I'm not sure. Once Gil gets hot he's hard to stop, Mobley usually gets hot the first half but he and the Clippers are easy to cool down. I've seen them blow plenty of games I was sure they'd win due to their 1st half performance. Gilbert really isn't even on too many commercials, at least not in this area. Besides, tv commercials don't mean quality i.e. Reggie Bush is in 3/5 of the commercials on Sunday, but only has 434 yards this season that means there are 31 guys higher than him but they aren't in nearly as many/if in any commercials.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 09:40:31 PM »

thats exactly what i meant by what i said :-w

Arenas=Overhyped

Kobe+Houston=Hell Nawh! [-X The Rockets need a Point and a strong Forward like.............Jermaine O'neal   #:-S thatd be nasty!
I honestly think Kobe should go to a more balanced team of underdogs like the Wizards or Utah  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 09:47:44 PM by MunkyMouf »
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2007, 01:41:54 AM »

personally, next jordan/wannabe jordan, are the same thing. either or they both TRY to be like jordan but arnt.

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2007, 08:26:22 AM »
Cuttino=Gilbert, NO!!!  :D I could understand if you just don't like the guy, I personally can stand Carmello Anthony, but Gilbert is way better than Cuttino. He isn't a true PG though, he is a 2 guard. I think they did move him to SG but I'm not sure. Once Gil gets hot he's hard to stop, Mobley usually gets hot the first half but he and the Clippers are easy to cool down. I've seen them blow plenty of games I was sure they'd win due to their 1st half performance. Gilbert really isn't even on too many commercials, at least not in this area. Besides, tv commercials don't mean quality i.e. Reggie Bush is in 3/5 of the commercials on Sunday, but only has 434 yards this season that means there are 31 guys higher than him but they aren't in nearly as many/if in any commercials.
QFT.   Cuttino Mobley,  :D  :DxDie

An about the MJ comparisons, just stop.  There wont be another MJ and ppl arent trying to be like him.  They're trying to be better.  Thats a media stat there.  They always compare the next best player of that position to MJ.  Unless the 1996 or before Jordan comes to our time that wont happen.
Siggy by shinrahunter

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2007, 08:57:36 AM »
boston scares me. they completely TORE my team up. (nuggets) :-$

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2007, 09:58:36 AM »
Same thing i was thinking.  I wanna see them against the Spurs and Mavs before I say there championship caliber. But damn, Nuggets got owned.
Siggy by shinrahunter

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2007, 10:04:03 AM »

Kobe is selfish, but not as selfish as you think, he doesn't want to do it all, he just wants to do more than everybody else.  He got along with shaq for 3 rings, its possible for him to get along with somebody else.  

I was stating when the NBA post an all definsve team (select people from different teams) he has never made one.  Yes, blocking and stealing our apart of defense, but its more about keeping your man from scoring, making him go 10-30. :|

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2007, 11:00:57 AM »
Same thing i was thinking.  I wanna see them against the Spurs and Mavs before I say there championship caliber. But damn, Nuggets got owned.

yuhp. honestly though, i see them going far. usually when a team gets so many superstars at once, their chemistry always sucks in the beginning but if you saw that nuggets/celtics game, they look like theyve been playing together for years now

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2007, 09:47:33 PM »
yuhp. honestly though, i see them going far. usually when a team gets so many superstars at once, their chemistry always sucks in the beginning but if you saw that nuggets/celtics game, they look like theyve been playing together for years now

What about Miami now and when NJ made to the playoffs?? Im with you on the chemistry part but I wouldnt think it had anything to do with excess stars. The Bulls pilled it off with how many stars?? The Lakers...everyone knows their track record, no need to mention. The old Boston had The Big 3. The recent and old Pistons did it too.

I fail to see what you meant :-??
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2007, 09:05:19 AM »

lol  :D    ;D

dude im serious everywhere i turn hes there lol.   well anyways he does get hot and is hard to stop there but he aint up to that level where he needs to be on video game covers and stuff.  i mean thats for players like KG and stuff.  well i guess its like a popularity thing now, where you dont have to be that good to be commercialized, you jus got to be popular.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2007, 09:11:10 AM »
The mavs FINALLY beat the Warriors.  it seemed like an accident tho.     about the celtics, yea i wanna see them play against mavs or spurs or somethiin cause that will determen if there champ material, so i dont want to make any suggestions bout them just yet.  the only thing i would say bout them is that there working damn good together with 3 big superstars.  other teams usually crash in the beggining of the season when teams have to many really high ranked players cause they wont know how to work togheter.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar