collapse

Author Topic: My 20th Mugen Anniversary  (Read 2824 times)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
My 20th Mugen Anniversary
« on: December 02, 2019, 03:10:52 PM »
Today I celebrate a historic date for me: 20 years of work with Mugen!

Here is a bit of my story:

I don't quite remember the day I started, but it was December 1999 - Mugen was launched in June 1999. I had already known an engine called "KOF91" that was much more limited but easier to use. I worked and I heard about a Mugen guy.

My first character was the most horrible thing in the universe: brown goo, which I drew in Paint and exchanged some KFM images. I remember marveling at that, but I couldn't make much progress - and the tools of the time didn't help much. Remember that at the time we did not have a visual editor, everything was done by command line and to work with AIR you used AirViewer. Not even the MCM existed at the time. I ended up leaving the project aside and kept following the development of the engine while I was editing a character for KOF91 (Nude Felicia, lol).

2 years later, I went back to Mugen and on 17/03/2001 I started as a news post on MugenBR, where I stayed for years as moderator and then as Administrator, making MugenBR (with the help of the team) the biggest Mugen forum in Portuguese of the world. By disagreement with the site owner, I ended up leaving there - and was joined by several other members, which marked the fall and end of MugenBR in 2015.

On February 5, 2002, I founded the Brazil Mugen Team, which was a team composed only of Brazilian creators, along with SodohHID, DESouza and SPY MAN. The team has changed over time and today only Ethan Lives and I are still active (Ethan has always been working in the shadows).

Sodon HID and I have been working on this character since September 2001 and it was also in 2002 that I launched a character that would mark me forever: Perfect Weapon MB-02, which was a cyber and overpowered version of Sagat. Later, I met Ethan Lives and we started the project "Street Fighter Spec Ops" - a complete game with only edited characters from the Street Fighter universe.

This project is the longest WIP in Mugen history, as we have been working on it since 2002 - only 17 years old, lol. For comparison purposes only, the character "Prototype Weapon MB-01" took 12 years to complete. This even became a joke among friends, as the first post of the project said "almost done". It's almost done for 17 years, hahahaha.

Over the past 20 years, I have been able to follow the birth and death of various forums (MugenBR, MugenShock, PãoDeMugen, Mugen11, among others), websites, tools (MCM, MEE, Paletero, ZCharCAD, Fighter Factory. creation of all of them from 'Paletero' and today I still contribute to the Fighter Factory) and unfortunately I also followed the departure of some breeders such as Reu and my good longtime friend Juan Carlos. I also followed weddings, the birth Farewell, I made many friends (and many enemies), I followed the gender change of some friends (today, friends) ... a lot of story to tell, really, I was single when I started and today I have two teenage children already - that help me from time to time in my creations.

I am proud to say that I am part of Mugen history. For better or for worse, lol.

To celebrate those 20 years, I had the idea to finally release Spec Ops ... but guess what: it was not possible, lol. But I'll be releasing a lot of content this month, like a full game.

I never thought it was going to last that long, I almost left Mgen last year but I'm still here, firm and strong (or not) after 77 characters and 94 stages released.

I would like to thank each of you who have been part of my journey throughout this time.

Thank you!

Douglas Baldan - a.k.a O Ilusionista.

Offline Mistah Jorge

• The cursed one.
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:November 07, 2021, 10:40:48 PM
  • I'm cursed! God f****** dammit!
    • Email
Re: My 20th Mugen Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 03:25:19 PM »
Reading this feels like celebrating a 10+ year franchise, your an ancient one, like cthulu.
All hail the ancient one.  ^:)^

Okay but seriously, thanks for being part of mugen, we the creators keep Mugen alive, and hopefully we will make mugen last for decades to come.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 03:31:19 PM »
lol, every Spec Ops character were Boss Tier in my old builds. They still scare me to this day.

Can't believe it's really been that long.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 03:49:36 PM »
Thanks guys. Too bad things are not as they were on the past here, but I am still enjoy it - and IMT is the place where I feel at home :)

I don't know for how much time I will be around, but if my good mood with Mugen continues, I will be around for some more years to come.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 04:42:29 PM »
Congratulations, 20 years is a real milestone.  It's crazy it's been that long.
I hope your around for years to come.  This place is definitely home and it wouldn't be the same without ya.
Maybe one day we'll get to see the Fabled Street Fighter Spec Ops Release.   :)

The whole reason I even used Mugen in the first place was because a buddy of mine at work was like:  Hey check out this video on Youtube of this crazy Sagat, but his name says MB-02.  I was sold and needless to say within the next week I had a mugen screen pack setup with characters in it.

After some searching here's the video I saw!
(click to show/hide)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 04:46:03 PM »
Oh, it's very nice to know that. I posted on Facebook and ended up digging up a lot of people from ancient times that I didn't even know were still following me there.

And thank you very much for the support. Especially for you, who was one of the people who always helped and motivated me :)

Offline Blagoy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 08, 2024, 11:47:25 AM
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 07:05:19 AM »
You always give me extra power when i was spriting happy anniversary!

Offline LoKoLoKo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 30, 2024, 09:43:26 PM
  • Por hoje é só pessoal!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 07:32:07 AM »
 =D> =D> =D> ^:)^

Offline Bizarro_Toro

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 31, 2022, 09:12:44 AM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 11:52:47 AM »
Hey man!! Congratulations, always i like your style....keep in the mugen world.. Friend!!! ;D ;D

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 30, 2024, 06:16:05 AM
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 12:09:55 PM »
Congrats. To infinity and beyond. :)

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 12:43:53 PM »
É nóis!

(Spec Ops nunca vai ser lançado, e tu sabe disso! lol)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 12:46:07 PM »
You always give me extra power when i was spriting happy anniversary!
Oh, thanks for letting me know :)

Thanks for the support, guys

(Spec Ops nunca vai ser lançado, e tu sabe disso! lol)
hahahahahha quem sabe?

Offline DeleFresh

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 05, 2023, 09:13:28 PM
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 04:03:23 PM »
Hey congratulations on the achievement.  I hope you are having as much fun as we (lurkers) do playing with your creations!

I have learned to enjoy not just the creations but the process of watching them develop - so like reading your WIP Factory as well!

I'm glad there's still a few of the original guard keeping things moving, it is a shame when folks disappear - this is really a cool game engine; highlighted best when the masters take it to its limit!

Thanks for the fun you've created for me over the years, looking forward to your best still to come! ^:)^

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 07:40:47 PM »
congrats on this man. and i hope to see you around for a long time. u are one of the few people left in mugen that really cares and respect all other creators. your creations are among the best. hopefully you continue and make many more characters. :)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 08:01:01 PM »
Really thanks for both of you :)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 09, 2024, 11:15:33 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2019, 10:46:12 AM »
I  know we havent seen eye to eye lately but i gotta say Something here. When i first joined this forum and got invested  it was because of two people. Where as that other person let me down you have become something of an anker for me. When ever i get to far out there i can count on you two bring me back in. Its good to know you have my back. lol I know this is the internet but still it nice knowing your there when i need advice or a stern talking to. lol

On the Mugen front. O or Doug if i can call you that. You have inspired me so much and I am sure millions of others. If it wasnt for your astonishing works and strive for perfection I wouldn't be here. Mugen is mugen but know that you have left a mark in its history, in its future, and the people that are attache as well.

You are Batman my friend and brother. The Hero we all need but dont deserve. Let it be mugen, OBR, or whatever you are always there showing support and uplifting the community.  Congratulations on 20 years and i hope we see the 25 my friend. Thank you.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2019, 11:25:18 AM »
Oh, thank you - from your heart - for your words, @Rage . They are very important to me because they motivate me to keep working.

Honestly, I've wondered several times if I should continue. I love to do it, have fun with it and I know there are people who like my work. I do not want to turn this topic into a drama, but often the direction that communities (or Mugen itself) is taking displeases me so much that it makes me wonder if it is worth continuing.

My motivation comes and goes, like a roller coaster. Working at RMM gave me great motivation and that's why I worked so fast on it. But in recent days the motivation has been lower, because I'm working too hard in real life (I have 3 jobs) plus some things I've seen in the communities.

The Hero we all need but dont deserve.

I had fun with that phrase :) There is no way I can answer it without looking self-centered.

But it reminds me of something I have in mind for a while now: I want less and less to focus on communities (in general) and to help everyone and focus more on my own things or on helping close friends. I know this will seem selfish on my part, but I need to think more about myself. Or ingratitude - which is one of the few things that really shakes me - ends up winning me.

About how long I will be here ... there is a group of carers for alcoholics here in Brazil called "Alcoholics Anonymous" that uses the concept of "just for today" - "Just for today I will try to live only this day and I will not try to solve all problems of my life at once. "

Thank you all for your support so far.

PS: Don't call me Batman, I hate him with passion, lol. J/K.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar