collapse

Author Topic: SFA3 Portraits  (Read 17419 times)

Offline navs41

• Dark Phoenix Saga Contributor
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 05:30:59 PM
Re: SFA3 Portraits
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2017, 02:52:50 PM »
I decided to take a second look at my earlier portraits.
Here's Grifter, the Boy Idiot.

Well, *&#% that!

One Man & Co.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:57:59 PM by navsmed41 »

Offline shags2dope

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 16, 2021, 04:55:58 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2017, 03:35:38 PM »
That is SOOOOOO AWESOME!!, do this portraits mean you are working on these characters or are they just edits?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2017, 03:42:39 PM »
I know next to nothing about Grifter but I do think this portrait is very well done. A vast improvement

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2017, 10:02:01 PM »

One thing I've learned from centuries of combat is that no matter how thoroughly you think you exterminate the evil, it comes creeping back like a cockroach.

Avdol stance + Savage Reign Eagle + Doc Doom's cape (80%).

wow!!!

Still would love to see a character made by you in mugen.  :cool 
And I would love to code it, I already said this to Navs.

And hey man, we need to drink again :)

Offline navs41

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »
That is SOOOOOO AWESOME!!, do this portraits mean you are working on these characters or are they just edits?

I have stance and some gethits for Grifter, Arsenal, Mr. Miracle, Azbat, Deadshot, Wildcat... but way too soon to declare them wips. KGBeast has the most complete gethit sheet of the bunch, but might be missing dizzy and burn.

I do such sprites when I am bored or want to brush up my skills... There's too much already on my plate with Tim Drake and Martian Manhunter.

wow!!!
And I would love to code it, I already said this to Navs.

And hey man, we need to drink again :)

Definitely setting up a pub crawl in SP before I travel again!

I am getting back to sprite work this afternoon (really!). Robin is one punch away from coding and Harbinger has helped me a lot in these last months :)

About Dr. Fate: I really like this mix. I might take another shot at the portrait... apparently they get better each time I mess with them :P

The gethit sprites for Avdol's stance are limited, so I am not sure if the mix is wip-friendly. Might be enough for BoR, but probably not good enough for Mugen.

Offline shags2dope

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2017, 10:55:32 PM »
Understood wouldnt want you to take on more than you can chew but i will say that, I would Love To have grifter and mr miracle in mugen especially if you were spriting them.

Also Thats very EXCITING news that tim is close to the coding stage i really wanted to ask about him but i wasnt sure if he was still being worked on or not. We might actually get all the robins for mugen this year. With O illusionista doing Nightwing and Zvitor working on Damian

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2017, 03:30:31 AM »
Navs always perfect job my friend!! I love that u show sprites as well!!  :w00t:

Keep them coming!!  :thumbsup:

Offline navs41

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2017, 09:58:23 AM »
Understood wouldnt want you to take on more than you can chew but i will say that, I would Love To have grifter and mr miracle in mugen especially if you were spriting them.

Also Thats very EXCITING news that tim is close to the coding stage i really wanted to ask about him but i wasnt sure if he was still being worked on or not. We might actually get all the robins for mugen this year. With O illusionista doing Nightwing and Zvitor working on Damian

Tim has actually been one or two punches away from coding since 2015...

I would like to release the character as soon as possible, but with so many people editing without permission, I'd rather stick to the Loganir way of Mugen - only release when it's perfect or when Gotham Knights project is complete.

Grifter and Mr. Miracle are way easier to sprite than Tim... I'd love to see them as characters... but would be tough to bring new gun ideas that Deadpool and Red Hood haven't used and Mr. Miracle's recipe doesn't have much of a variety. I could try some Vega instead of Jyuzumaru though... but I had enough with the capes... :/

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2017, 11:36:50 AM »
Cool sprites and colors man...

Harbinger is always a great help...he helped me a lot with a design...just wish I wasn't so lazy and then I could finish it up

Offline shags2dope

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2017, 12:03:54 PM »
Tim has actually been one or two punches away from coding since 2015...

I would like to release the character as soon as possible, but with so many people editing without permission, I'd rather stick to the Loganir way of Mugen - only release when it's perfect or when Gotham Knights project is complete.

Grifter and Mr. Miracle are way easier to sprite than Tim... I'd love to see them as characters... but would be tough to bring new gun ideas that Deadpool and Red Hood haven't used and Mr. Miracle's recipe doesn't have much of a variety. I could try some Vega instead of Jyuzumaru though... but I had enough with the capes... :/

......Ohhh well i guess i retract my exciting statement lol As sad as it is i completely understand about the editing thing. If you released a beta of him a certain forum would be using him to make sidekick bucky or something of that nature. But the same will eventually happen when the character is "perfect" or the "Full game is complete" just the nature of the beast.  PS that was not me going against your wishes just stating a point.

>:-(-| Like Fulgore and luke skywalker  are for my full game. After seeing the reception of ppl wanting them i thought to release each character but so far i have had to keep them to myself (and fabry of course). Because i know they will just be turned into cheap knockoffs and the ppl there wont really appreciate the hard work and creativity that went into them

ok rant over.... Back on topic i truly hope tim can meet your expectations sooner rather than later. I'm a big fan of his and i like what little i have seen of your so far. LIGHTYEARS ahead of the one thats currently out there (No hate to the creators)

and for grifter might i suggest giving him the full comic treatment. only rely on his guns a smidge, and to distinguish from the other gun toters make his more acrobatic kinda like gambits car moves are in air or flipping and what not. You could tap into all his Gen active powers, He can use psi powers. and could have movel like sabretooth/wolverines feral rage called the rush (Its canon, when he loses control of his powers and goes mad) .......this could go on forever if you actually decide to do grifter i have plenty of ideas and would love to contribute if you are open to it

Offline dev.

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 19, 2024, 03:08:03 PM
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2017, 12:37:53 PM »
And sadly you speak the truth. Because of that, we, true fans will have to suffer, but it is what it is. Soon, because of that many great artists will quit.

Offline navs41

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »
if you actually decide to do grifter i have plenty of ideas and would love to contribute if you are open to it

I am quite open about most my designs, and Grifter is really easy recipe.

The problem is finding the common ground between original ideas and sprite feasibility.

If you want to tackle the character in joint effort, I would be glad to take care of the gethits. But it will have to be on a sprite per sprite basis. You give me a sprite, I give you a sprite... I am not a fan of movelists or general ideas.

And sadly you speak the truth. Because of that, we, true fans will have to suffer, but it is what it is. Soon, because of that many great artists will quit.

Indeed (I am a fan too).

Despite all the bad and the ugly, I am quite happy about the impact the community brought to the video game scenario. Thor, Ghost Rider, She-Hulk, Arthur & Hagar in MvC3, the Arkham team-up mechanics and the beat-them-up in the near future (was it confirmed or just a hoax?), Injustice 1 & 2...

I am pretty sure Ed Boon has been spying on Harbinger :D

And yeah, Terrordrome... Those guys made their way to the big league and even got featured in a Cinemassacre/AVGN video. :)

BTW, I do think there's a need to boost our creators' morale and improve their exposure outside the BoR and Mugen communities. Avengers and First Alliance are some of the projects that must be shared in social media with folks like Comicbookgirl19, Guru Larry, Cinemassacre, Pat The Nes Punk, Linkara, Game Sack, Metal Jesus...

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2017, 06:42:32 PM »
I wish you didn't bring up Loganir. He's driven from M.U.G.E.N. by Ax's Green Ranger.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline navs41

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2017, 06:12:59 PM »
I wish you didn't bring up Loganir. He's driven from M.U.G.E.N. by Ax's Green Ranger.

Loganir's name was only brought up as an example of perfection - I'd rather stick to the Loganir way of Mugen - only release when it's perfect or when Gotham Knights project is complete.

I was checking some old concepts that Intermission left for The Unlimited, and decided to give a shot at a different Kilowog. She used Hulk + Raiden, which is pretty awesome... but we have seen Hulk being used in other characters and it could be difficult to bring new ideas to the table. IIRC, he has more shades of green (6?) and sprites than the average MvC character too, making it harder to match shading styles and animation.

Fortunately, someone ripped these DBZ sprites. Broli is almost perfect... the movements, gethits... but some tweaking to the belly is required. The next step is assembling a base for a SFA3 portrait. I already have selected some parts.

POOZERS!!

Offline dev.

• Contributor
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2017, 06:23:44 PM »
Cool sprite and unusual mix of bases as usual, but pretty awesome.
Just one observation: Looks like he has a poor posture, a sway back to be more precise. His pelvis comes forward and his upper trunk shifts rearward.

Offline navs41

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2017, 07:53:11 PM »
Cool sprite and unusual mix of bases as usual, but pretty awesome.
Just one observation: Looks like he has a poor posture, a sway back to be more precise. His pelvis comes forward and his upper trunk shifts rearward.

Heh, the sway is on purpose... it's the first sprite of a gethit animation and I wanted to try some hanging fat/4 pack mix.

The stance concept, which is pretty much Broli and Raiden stance sprites mixed probably looks better.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:33:27 PM by navs41 »

Offline dev.

• Contributor
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2017, 08:31:29 PM »
This makes sense.

Offline navs41

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2017, 02:27:31 AM »

Talk later, Poozers. First, we save lives.

Edit: GL logo by Intermission, base is her Hal Jordan portrait.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:36:09 PM by navs41 »

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2017, 11:18:51 AM »
Wowww navs!! :)

Both sprite and port look awesome!!! Nice shading and detail!!  :w00t:

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2017, 11:48:41 AM »
wow, navs, you nailed those ports pretty good. they all look great. congratz on all of them. this killowog concept looks great, just think that the belly looks weird and the legs are a tad small but the mix of bases is great man. I always have admire how you seen to find crazy bases and make them look unique..

I took the liberty to do some changes on this sprite, worked a bit on the belly, stretched the legs by 4 pixels and made them thicker by 2 pixels as well.. maybe it can be made a little bit more thicker but that's like artist choice, lol!!!! anyways just trying to help a bit, all credit goes to you buddy. maybe somebody can take some of your designs and create something..

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2017, 11:56:52 AM »
Awesome job on Kilowog man  :Terry (you too on the fix, verz)

Ya know, if either of you do plan on making this guy a legit WIP, I wouldn't mind voicing him for you  :-"

Offline navs41

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2017, 12:35:45 PM »
I took the liberty to do some changes on this sprite, worked a bit on the belly, stretched the legs by 4 pixels and made them thicker by 2 pixels as well...

I like this. Thanks. Where did you split the sprite? 2 px thighs, 2 px shins? 1 px each half of each leg?

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2017, 08:01:30 PM »
I like this. Thanks. Where did you split the sprite? 2 px thighs, 2 px shins? 1 px each half of each leg?

yes but 2 px eah half of each leg. 

Offline navs41

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2017, 12:19:32 AM »
There's an extra SFA3 portrait in Dee Jay's Ending. It's his agent.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/psx/b/sfa3dee.htm

I have never beaten the game using the character, so I don't know if the layered portrait has the same dimensions as the select screen ones. It's the perfect base for a Ralph Dibny (maybe next time?) and he even got Animal Man googles - but this one I have covered before.

The agent portrait looked like a fresh start for Jonah Hex.

I ain't gonna barter or negotiate. All conversation is gonna be handled with bullets.

This portrait is a work in progress - I am not satisfied with the clothes and the good side. As for the character sprite, I haven't found a good base for a MvC Jonah Hex or Vigilante (Greg Saunders).

Roy from Eye of the Typhoon (PC) sounds just about right, but these sprites are pretty small and I never bothered to look for them.

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2017, 03:09:59 AM »
Jonah looks great Navs!! You sprited with very good detail his mouth!!  :thumbsup:

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista